NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Pieman
    Pieman

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 7 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

No Worries wrote:Farah back ended his contract after it was signed so we could sign the kids. Pretty sure if it's mutual the NRL couldn't legally stop it

yeah renegotiating a contract isnt rare
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 am

after a depressing game like that and reading all the rubbish from our fans on twitter following it, i'm gonna be positive

Mbye didn't miss any goals!!!

#improvement
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

So, in your educated opinion LG - what is wrong with the dogs?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm

I dont understand.. the fuck would they want aaron woods? They have two starters that are arguably better than him, a lock that is a prop that is better than him, and a fat prop on the bench who, in short spurts, is better than him.

I dont understand why they would even think about signing him.

Tedesco, yes I can understand.
    Moses, yes.
    Books.. to a certain extent I can understand.
    Woods, no.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Pieman wrote:I dont understand.. the fuck would they want aaron woods? They have two starters that are arguably better than him, a lock that is a prop that is better than him, and a fat prop on the bench who, in short spurts, is better than him.

I dont understand why they would even think about signing him.

Tedesco, yes I can understand.
    Moses, yes.
    Books.. to a certain extent I can understand.
    Woods, no.

Woods is a powder puff especially compared to Tolman and Graham

Teddy and Moses for sure! Brookes I feel if he came cheap and part of a buy two good ones get this one half price sort of a deal then year why the hell not but Woods perplexes me?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Pieman wrote:So, in your educated opinion LG - what is wrong with the dogs?

Firstly I don't believe any of the tigers 4 coming to us, we just stupidly re-signed tolman long term so no way we go after woods. Teddy would be awesome but not gonna happen, Moses is another 6 who tigers will over pay to keep

Brooks is the only one i consider a real chance to come here and I don't really love that idea

Our roster is just poor pieman

No first grade fullback
    Below average hooker
    2 utility type ball runners who could succeed with a good 7 but together is a failure as halves

The packs is full of experienced good footy players but des needs to give guys like Elliot and rfm more minutes because we lack energy to start games most weeks dating back to last year

The team just hasn't a very stale feel about, it's not getting better
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Surely any talk of signing the four together is just having to sign someone to get someone else's deal over the line. A bit like when Parra had to give John Hopoate a job when they wanted to sign Will a few years back. Yeah you can have Teddy, but you have to sign his mate Luke as well. Whoever wants to next get Surgess will have to get Tom & George on $200k a year as well.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 am

Dip wrote:Surely any talk of signing the four together is just having to sign someone to get someone else's deal over the line. A bit like when Parra had to give John Hopoate a job when they wanted to sign Will a few years back. Yeah you can have Teddy, but you have to sign his mate Luke as well. Whoever wants to next get Surgess will have to get Tom & George on $200k a year as well.

Bit different in the two examples you've mentioned, where it is family as opposed to a team mate who happens to have the same player manager.

Clearly this is just the media joining dots as these 4 are being shopped around to other clubs....not necessarily as a package deal.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 am

I agree. I just can't think of any reason why any club would sign Brooks.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 am

i'm not on the full sack des bandwagon like 98% of our fans tho it is clear that not much has changed in the offseason and i think him coaching is in 2018 is unlikely

but i am glad we arn't sacking him right now to get cleary, i've said it before but i'm not sure what has made cleary such a messiah. he has had a couple of really good coaching season but over 10 years, his record is:

47.7% win %
    41.67% win% in finals
    5 finals appearances
    1 GF
    0 Premierships

he has done some good things but its not all that impressive, if des is sacked, i think i am on board just going completely fresh with a guy like dean pay.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:19 am

Being a Tiger's fan I'd cop being in the finals 50% of the time
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:03 am

i think it makes sense for the tigers after having a couple of coaches who have never had success

for i just see the logic in it for us
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 pm

They are prob still paying the only successful coach they have ever had
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:29 pm

leaguegod wrote:

Firstly I don't believe any of the tigers 4 coming to us, we just stupidly re-signed tolman long term so no way we go after woods. Teddy would be awesome but not gonna happen, Moses is another 6 who tigers will over pay to keep

Brooks is the only one i consider a real chance to come here and I don't really love that idea

Our roster is just poor pieman

No first grade fullback
    Below average hooker
    2 utility type ball runners who could succeed with a good 7 but together is a failure as halves

The packs is full of experienced good footy players but des needs to give guys like Elliot and rfm more minutes because we lack energy to start games most weeks dating back to last year

The team just hasn't a very stale feel about, it's not getting better

Fair enough all good points.

Personally, I think Leichaa is only playing what he is told to do. And also, what clubs in the league have a better hooker than him?
    The halves done work well together, they just arent a good fit. They could look at someone like Chad Townsend or even bringing Hodkinson bacl, to give them the structure they need and to give the other half the opportunity to roam around.

Whats Abby like? Is he a ball player? If he is, they should be leaving Hoppa at centre and keeping Abby, because far out they need someone to put some doubt in the defenders minds.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:52 pm

that could be true re his running game, but lichaa's service has been pretty frustrating since midway through last year, throw this loopy passes that let the defensive line get in our face quickly. he also seems to throw a few shockers that are almost un-catchable, the type of ones you expect from a prop being forced there for a play, not from a guys who has played there at the top level for a few years now.

Abbey is more of a ball player then hoppa but i think his game overall is still not near the standard of NRL, needs atleast another year in ressies by the looks of it

the best option at the club for fullback is actually probably Mbye, he played a bit of it in the lower grades and i think it would suit him better then halfback. tho i think he can play pivot if we did have an organizing half aswell

in hindsight, letting hodko go was poor and ditto letting cook go. should have kept them, not worried about hoppa etc

1 Mbye
    6 Jrey
    7 Hodko
    9 cook

would have had a better balance

but to be honest if you looked all our recruitment decisions over the last 5 years, you'd be lucky to think 10% of them were successful in hindsight

even somthing like signing Trex and losing finucane, who us fans loved coming through the grades, trex frustrated us for years and finucane just keeps getting better at the storm.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Moses Mbye Byeeee!!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am

It's good to feel good after a game again, we beat the warriors but beating a good team is always a good feeong

Frawley showed a good kicking game, something we haven't had in years, be interesting to see what des does. Shouldn't drop Frawley and they was strong. Mbye on the bench to play some hooker for mine

We still haven't solved our attack
    The rain helped us
    Kahu not knowing the rules was a turning point

But the effort was awesome, first time in a while our whole pack stood up and dominated a team, klemmer, graham, Jackson and kasiano all had huge games

Dip

Post by Dip Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:29 am

Only saw the last 25 minutes, so didn't see the whole thing. As a Broncos fan, a special thanks for the media saying how ordinary they have become all week. Them and Manly are the teams that seems to have in it's DNA to put in a good backs to the wall performance.

Seems like the same old story for us as it has been all season - play okay but can't convert sustained pressure into points as often as we should, and Milford can't make a side on tackle. The weather would have contributed to the points, but it isn't a once of event. Dogs defended well. I don't think they're far off being a good team. From what I saw Frawley looked solid. Might put some pressure on Mbye to have to play some hooker or centre. Individually guys like Reynolds and Mbye are better players than Hodkinson, but it just goes to show that you need balance in a team.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:18 pm

yeah good point dip

personally, I think the dogs are the perfect wet weather footy side. If thats dry, the bronco's win that game IMO.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:14 pm

We haven't been perfect in wet footy lately because our kicking game has been garbage enough to cancel out the pack, it was better last night

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 am