NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Go away Hardaker, don't you know I am saving trades

Damn ! He's in @220k.

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:02 am

Revraiser wrote:

Damn !  He's in @220k.

Yeah at that price he looks juicy but will be interesting to see where he fits in the panthers lineup.

4 Trades remaining
    Basically need to use 1 more trade for Jake Friend who needs to score less than his BE of 76 next week to let me bring him in for round 18
    With Parcell being injury prone it's becoming vital I get some cover at Hooker and an extra player for this round
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:20 am

I'd say Hardakar will play Centre. Purely because next year they can't fit Moylan in the halves with Cleary and Martin there so might as well get him ready for a career in the centers now
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:49 am

all i got to say is lolohea= brutal headbang against the table

soz booze
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:54 am

lloosemcgoose wrote:all i got to say is lolohea= brutal headbang against the table

soz booze
    Yeah, booze has absolutely nailed everything this year; can't believe a safe as houses trade in bit him on the arse like that. I've only got Lolohea in my draft side but was relying on a 40+ with most of my WFB's out.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Hoping the Lolohea thing was purely with the injury cloud hanging around Leuluai/Johnson
    Still don't know why he couldn't have started at fullback and moved in case of injury but that's the Warriors for you.

Anyways will have to see if he is named next week or look at options.....

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Loop hole is on this week
    Swap Munster with Hughes just in case he is a late call up.
    Swap Smith with Parcell to get Smiths AE.

Will take 74 points from Fifita to the bank though hope Smith still scores well

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

Round 16 Results

The week that could have been.....
    Well started off the round with 17 players but finished with 15 and using an AE but somehow scored 961 which was a Ben Barba try or a full game from Lolohea away from hitting 1000.
    There are a lot of contrasts here with some players going huge which is balanced out with some crap scores.

My Lolohea trade looks to have gone sour, where I was planning forward to cover injuries with a decent scorer has resulted in him being benched.
    In hindsight I could have used that spare cash to turn someone into James or upgrade a fullback into Tedesco etc....
    Even worse was he played a few minutes at the end which meant he lost cash too. He is only worth it if playing in the halves or fullback, not a lot of trades/trade out options either.

My H2H this week was very close, thanks to the 'Galactic Goons' who put our their very own big score but came down to a couple of good POD scores that got me through in the end.

Well now to look over the aftermath of my team and try and put something competitive this week, will be interesting to see a few team lists and see how that effects me

Still holding on somehow, who knows top 100 may even be possible

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_33
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_32

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_31

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_35

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 am

League 5 is very close, tough comp to be in with everyone able to win on their day. Going to be a tight finish with a lot of teams still in it

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_36
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_37
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:06 am

Up 40 places. Good work Boozy. Only a POD outside the top 100 now. I hope for both our sakes Lolohea is back at FB this week.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Wondering if I trade in Cody Walker back in for Norman (As he has his court case coming up)
    Have Johnson and Cleary starting and Norman can't make the team so he is essentially 'cover' and is the same price so a straight swap.
    Need another gun at fullback, not keen on playing Gutherson, Lolohea, Mitchell unless I have to.

Though you never knows what happens, could be a 'Lolohea' all over again as my gut says if he isn't at fullback he is in the halves due to Keary leaving next year.
    Means I have a back 3 of Barba,Munster (if named) and Walker

Other option is Tedesco but if he gets called up for Origin then there is that to deal with + round 19 so double whammy.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Sik wrote:Up 40 places. Good work Boozy. Only a POD outside the top 100 now. I hope for both our sakes Lolohea is back at FB this week.

Cheers mate, Looks like he is on the wing, so back to 30's unless he grabs a meat pie

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Cody Walker
    Cancelled trade. update below

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:39 pm

that is a massive risk mate, Norman is gunning it without a halves partner who can kick so his base stats are ultra reliable, couple that with the fact he can go huge, probably the first trade in of your journey I don't agree with in the slightest

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Welshy wrote:that is a massive risk mate, Norman is gunning it without a halves partner who can kick so his base stats are ultra reliable, couple that with the fact he can go huge, probably the first trade in of your journey I don't agree with in the slightest

Well who do I drop in my halves ? With Johnson/Cleary starting it means Norman sits on the bench as don't want to run with 3 halves.
    So essentially he is just sitting there for round 18 or in case there is an injury.

I can understand that he is doing the above but both of the other halves are dominant kickers too and need to strengthen my back 3 with a consistent scorer.

If Norman gets convicted for drugs then he could miss a few games and would have limited options to trade him to anyone else as Walkers price would rise.

Normans last 5 games = 52 average

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Norman10

Thing is if he could be moved back to fullback then it would be great, but even if he was averaging 70 it wouldn't change the fact I will probably lose 30+ points playing someone else at fullback over Walker.

Though alternative is I could just run with some of my reserves like Gutho/Mitchell/Lolo etc in my starting team and sit tight for a few weeks and see what happens.
    If I find myself injury free after say round 20 then could look at another WFB but the Walker ship would have sailed so would need to look at someone else less Normans price

With Munster being out injured and Lolohea not playing fullback my 'Back 5' keepers have taken a dive so just looking at options

Cheers for your feedback, good to hear others thoughts on it
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Well who do I drop in my halves ? With Johnson/Cleary starting it means Norman sits on the bench as don't want to run with 3 halves.
    So essentially he is just sitting there for round 18 or in case there is an injury.

I can understand that he is doing the above but both of the other halves are dominant kickers too and need to strengthen my back 3 with a consistent scorer.

If Norman gets convicted for drugs then he could miss a few games and would have limited options to trade him to anyone else as Walkers price would rise.

Walkers last 5 games = 52 average Johnson 5 game is 12.4 points per game avg,

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Norman10

Alternative is I could just run with some of my reserves like Gutho/Mitchell/Aubo etc in my starting team and sit tight for a few weeks and see what happens.
    If I find myself injury free after say round 20 then could look at another WFB but the Walker ship would have sailed so would need to look at someone else less Normans price

With Munster being out injured and Lolohea not playing fullback my 'Back 5' keepers have taken a dive
    Nothing to do with getting Walker in mate, I think he is a fantastic addition, I would be more concerned with running Cleary as your starting half in place of Norman

I understand Norman is probably your easiest way of getting Walker in, its a tough decision, can you downgrade elsewhere and upgrade Lolo to Walker?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Nothing to do with getting Walker in mate, I think he is a fantastic addition, I would be more concerned with running Cleary as your starting half in place of Norman

I understand Norman is probably your easiest way of getting Walker in, its a tough decision, can you downgrade elsewhere and upgrade Lolo to Walker?

Cleary looks to have locked up the halves role this year and Walker can slot into there worst case scenario
    There aren't really any other options really as that would cost me more than 2 trades and don't want to use any more than that for rest of year.

If I was to downgrade and keep Norman would have to go something like
    Parcell - Wallace to free cash up for say Lolohea - Walker

That would be instead of Norman - Walker with balance for Parcell - JFriend next week

If I had the spare cash then I would have more options to upgrade one of my other players

Will sleep on it, hopefully will have heard more about Munster by then

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Round 17 trades

None made this week, opted to use some of my depth and just go with that this week.

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_42
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 12 Round_41

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 am

Well looks like I can bring in J Friend to come in next week, need to find an extra WFB or CTR keeper to play as well after the byes for the run home.
    Had a slight thought at someone like Wallace just as backup in case Smith was ruled out but he scored poorly today. Luke was also an option but isn't guaranteed the minuted with Roache/Jazz floating around the team

So Friend will finally come in and seems like a safe option as he was close to scoring a try and had zero attacking stats this week and have seen what he is capable of at start of the year.

Will see the aftermath on Tuesday and see who is named for origin
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Well held Boozy.

Like Russell Crowe said "hold, hold" !

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am