NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:34 pm

Chucky wrote:I finally managed to catch up on all of todays posts.
    I think I need a HIA.
    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 26 Giphy

lol! Sorry if I contributed to the headache mate Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:37 pm

Syzy wrote:

Still shows try saves 0, so the error has not been fixed.

It is fixed on nrl dot com, they cant fix/change it on the fantasy system
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:52 pm

Camo123 wrote:I decided to do a Rabbits and ask NRL Feedback about the CNK try save on Ponga.

This is their response:

Spoiler:

Sounds like they are asking to be inundated every time people don't get the stat they want, so that it's added before lockout. Seems a short-sighted response. I reckon, "soz, we stuffed up, will try harder next time" would have been better.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

lol!  Sorry if I contributed to the headache mate Very Happy
    Don’t worry mate. A head like mine should ache.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Yeah imo the party should really get more attendees...

Pre-season you may have been laughed at for having Carty in your 17 but now it looks very stable for the next few rounds at a minimum. Downgrading someone like Cheese or Garner to him pockets you some change to fix another position and get similar scoring in the process (plus the cash gen)

His second row starts (full games) historical ave is 48. For argument's sake you could get the same score from a Bird, or a Mahoney, or a Walsh (some names being thrown around as trade ins) but all these guys cost 200-300k more

Personally I don't think Matto is a real risk either to his spot. He could be on the edge when he returns, sure, but his best footy has been as a bench impact middle. In 2022 in this role, he made his Origin debut, and Eels made the GF. It's hard to see Eels move away from that - especially when both Carty/Doorey are serviceable, and the obvious fact that their bench lacks punch. Anyone who saw the R1 game can see that when Paulo/RCG came off that their middle completely fell apart as their bench is inexperienced - Matto fixes that

That's why I'm getting Carty anyway. Should've started with him probably but wasn't sure he'd get the 80 - now that we see that he did - then I'm on board

Stop talking so much goddamn sense
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Sounds like they are asking to be inundated every time people don't get the stat they want, so that it's added before lockout. Seems a short-sighted response. I reckon, "soz, we stuffed up, will try harder next time" would have been better.

Agree, I read it as, make sure you complain before lock out, so we can do something about it before then.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:56 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Agreed, but sometimes double Cow in can also equal double Guns in:

Carty and Mbye in for me this week Very Happy

Nice avatar mate! Beating Heart
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:59 pm

Aardvark wrote:

But does it have the role you expected for it this season?

This one day a week requirement to go into the office is wreaking havoc with my forum interaction.

To address the above, I'd say it does.

-always available
    -is what it is, no huff n puff or missed promises.
    -can perform multiple roles in that u can get it sweet, but it's core value is the spice and integrity version

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

People complain about all stats all the time, but I've found try saves to be the must contentious.

Sometimes seemingly obvious ones get denied, and sometimes people get one for random shit.

Outsourcing stat checks into hoping customers complain us a terrible business model however.
    Just encourages fantasy players to mass spam whinges about players they own, and makes it harder to pick up obvious errors.
    they are supposed to review every game anyway. How did this get missed twice. It wasn't a subtle play

I commented but now it's like:

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 26 PoliteKindBrownbutterfly-size_restricted
    Blain
    Blain

Post by Blain Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:05 pm

bigdog777 wrote:Is tommy Gilbert a hold?

Could trade:
    Gilbert -> Cartwright
    AKF -> Ilias

If I don’t trade him I can’t make either trade. Feel like both trades are going to make enough to make it worth it?

I'm questioning Gilbert also. He was pretty bad last week, but still pulled 45 in 50 minutes with a tone of negative points. I actually think Gilbert is a hold for now, but if you're chasing cash it's not a terrible idea. I can't see him being any better than a fringe keeper/early $600k guy. AKF to Ilias is a nice upgrade, but not sure if Ilias is anything more than a quick cash maker..

For everyone getting Jackson Ford, just keep in mind Curran was injured most pre season, and is building fitness slowly.. Hence him coming off the bench currently.

People surely aren't getting Mbye? Come on..

I really liked what I saw in Hammer last weekend, super involved, looks to be their main point of attack. Was in my side until Saturday night, so thinking of upgrading AFK to him as my only trade this week.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:06 pm

syn13 wrote:before people get starting on the expected reactions i feel like this part of the link should be noted:

ie. this is a stats provider screw-up, not a fanhub screw-up, and i agree with their stance about errors found post-lockout not being adjusted, messing with points & prices after people have been moving players around would cause problems.

You have been making alot of sense of late, everything good at home?

study
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:08 pm

bigdog777 wrote:Is tommy Gilbert a hold?

Could trade:
    Gilbert -> Cartwright
    AKF -> Ilias

If I don’t trade him I can’t make either trade. Feel like both trades are going to make enough to make it worth it?

If AKF is AKP, seems like an upgrade. Both should make money.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 pm

Blain wrote:

I'm questioning Gilbert also. He was pretty bad last week, but still pulled 45 in 50 minutes with a tone of negative points. I actually think Gilbert is a hold for now, but if you're chasing cash it's not a terrible idea. I can't see him being any better than a fringe keeper/early $600k guy. AKF to Ilias is a nice upgrade, but not sure if Ilias is anything more than a quick cash maker..

For everyone getting Jackson Ford, just keep in mind Curran was injured most pre season, and is building fitness slowly.. Hence him coming off the bench currently.

People surely aren't getting Mbye? Come on..

I really liked what I saw in Hammer last weekend, super involved, looks to be their main point of attack. Was in my side until Saturday night, so thinking of upgrading AFK to him as my only trade this week.

If Ilias is a quick cash maker, that's exactly what we want, so great. Not convinced he makes enough though, maybe? Thanks for the advice re: Ford, is there a world where he holds his spot?? I'm going to watch the game again I think. New coach, so who knows?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:19 pm

Graham being suspended for a few weeks could see Trindall make the bench when Hynes returns. If he has a negative BE it could be handy
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:23 pm

Mulvy wrote:

If Ilias is a quick cash maker, that's exactly what we want, so great. Not convinced he makes enough though, maybe? Thanks for the advice re: Ford, is there a world where he holds his spot?? I'm going to watch the game again I think. New coach, so who knows?

The words used by the coach on the appointment of Ford were as a reward for a strong preseason, not that this is our EDG this season.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

You have been making alot of sense of late, everything good at home?

study

yeh, isn't it a wonder what happens when a person isn't having to constantly battle against being surrounded by factors amplifying the effects of life-long anxiety disorders and clinical depression?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:36 pm

There are going to be significantly greater differences in strategy this season between teams that are heavily focused on head to head and those that are playing for overall.

Origin byes are going to be much more important for overall players and at the end of the season, head to head teams wont want any Souths (Latrell, Murray, Cook, Graham - Grandfinal - R26 bye), Broncos (Carrigan, Haas, Staggs - R25 bye), Cowboys (Drinkwater, Cotter, Robson, Holmes - R24 bye), or Bulldogs players (Mahoney - R23 bye).

Overall players should be able to pick up a lot of ranks without these restrictions on their teams.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:37 pm

syn13 wrote:

yeh, isn't it a wonder what happens when a person isn't having to constantly battle against being surrounded by factors amplifying the effects of life-long anxiety disorders and clinical depression?

Then it's all coming up Roses 🌹

Post more.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Were there any outs or ins today of note ?

Latrell playing it seems ?
    Soap

Post by Soap Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Feels like only one trade for me this week, Garner > HTF. Can then play HTF in centres alongside HSS who hopefully starts busting out 30s, rather than relying on Alamoti. My concern at the moment is that those who swap away early from the top owned centres will pull ahead of the rest of the pack, so just want to hedge somewhat against that risk without going all the way and buying a Bird / Staggs type. Would ideally like to wait a week on HTF to grow the sample size but reality is he’s playing a key position in a team that looks much better than expected, at a price that hopefully has a decent upside. Although  thinking  Thompson could also be a viable alternative based off that first Rabbitohs game….

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:56 am