NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs - Page 2 Empty Re: 2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:58 pm

Krump wrote:This feels like a great week to have a bank and not need to buy any of the seemingly dud cows on offer. Who are you looking at bringing in?
    Yeah I’m not at all convinced by some of them and would hate to back the Sele trade in with another below par choice.

As above I’m looking strongly at an EDG and a CTR. So guys like Fifita, TPJ, Manu, Bird are probably the main contenders.

Just trying to gauge the communities thoughts on them all is quite tough lately
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:08 pm

Actually let’s be honest if it wasn’t for Manu moving to half for a few games I’d probably just be cool with Lemmy/Alamoti for now but since I can get Manu without doing any great damage to my team it feels like a why not trade to me
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:10 pm

Like the trades proposed, on ya
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:21 pm

Also keen to move on one of my Storm players in preparation for next week. 

Welch and Warbrick probably the main candidates. Welch to another MID like JDB for an extra two games is tempting but I’m unsure.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:31 pm

If you're happy without Haas then Manu and JDB are great trade ins for you this week. Warbrick's bye is something I hadn't even thought about so I'm glad I popped in cuz yeah moving him on is a good idea. No cows around makes it difficult though - while you have 450k+ I'm sure it would disappear quickly after a few gun trade ins
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:09 pm

With storm (rd9) and knights (rd10) byes I’d keep Warbrick this week as he covers for Miller nicely in rd 10 and if he has a big score this week you’ll want to keep him for the cash gains in week 10. Not super likely but something to consider. Also if the tigers WFB goes alright and Warbrick goes bad that’s an easy swap next week.

Otherwise yeah I like JDB and Manu as pickups for your team. I’m picking up Fifita this week hoping for a big one. If you could get all 3 for Carty, Uto and Welch I think that’s some awesome trades.

The really fun trade for me would be Carty to Hynes and Uto to Smith? Know you don’t need a half but you’d have the two best players in the game in your team. Doesn’t stop you getting Manu or JDB as Welch and Carrigan could still get you them in whatever order you like.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:54 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:With storm (rd9) and knights (rd10) byes I’d keep Warbrick this week as he covers for Miller nicely in rd 10 and if he has a big score this week you’ll want to keep him for the cash gains in week 10. Not super likely but something to consider. Also if the tigers WFB goes alright and Warbrick goes bad that’s an easy swap next week.

Otherwise yeah I like JDB and Manu as pickups for your team. I’m picking up Fifita this week hoping for a big one. If you could get all 3 for Carty, Uto and Welch I think that’s some awesome trades.

The really fun trade for me would be Carty to Hynes and Uto to Smith? Know you don’t need a half but you’d have the two best players in the game in your team. Doesn’t stop you getting Manu or JDB as Welch and Carrigan could still get you them in whatever order you like.

Wow I didn’t even think this was possible so didn’t even have a look at it 🤣

Can quite easily do 

Carty > Hynes
    Welch > Cheese
    Uto > Manu

It’s funny that those 3 trades cover every position except EDG which I have plenty of
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:10 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Wow I didn’t even think this was possible so didn’t even have a look at it 🤣

Can quite easily do 

Carty > Hynes
    Welch > Cheese
    Uto > Manu

It’s funny that those 3 trades cover every position except EDG which I have plenty of

I'd do that without a second thought. Proper cheat-code trades those. Carty to Hynes and Uto to Manu are both clear upgrades, and Welch to Cheese is at worst sideways in terms of scoring for significantly cheaper with better dual.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:56 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'd do that without a second thought. Proper cheat-code trades those. Carty to Hynes and Uto to Manu are both clear upgrades, and Welch to Cheese is at worst sideways in terms of scoring for significantly cheaper with better dual.
    Yeah I’ve been tossing it around in my head since Cap mentioned it and I’m leaning towards having a crack. My rank is atrocious and it could get me back in the game if it goes well over the next month.

My only thought is if Carty stays in the 13 tonight I could move Katoa a week early?

Also worried that some of the Hynes/Cleary teams have been a bit light on the bench, I’d be running this after trades.

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Ford
    Katoa, Preston
    Cleary, Hynes
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Warbrick

SJ, Loiero, Boyd, Cheese
    Perham, Loiero, Sele, Niko

So it’s not too bad. The Bulldogs fixtures get a bit nicer so can happily play Alamoti/Perham in the coming weeks.

Thoughts?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:16 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah I’ve been tossing it around in my head since Cap mentioned it and I’m leaning towards having a crack. My rank is atrocious and it could get me back in the game if it goes well over the next month.

My only thought is if Carty stays in the 13 tonight I could move Katoa a week early?

Also worried that some of the Hynes/Cleary teams have been a bit light on the bench, I’d be running this after trades.

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Ford
    Katoa, Preston
    Cleary, Hynes
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Warbrick

SJ, Loiero, Boyd, Cheese
    Perham, Loiero, Sele, Niko

So it’s not too bad. The Bulldogs fixtures get a bit nicer so can happily play Alamoti/Perham in the coming weeks.

Thoughts?

You listed Loiero twice, is the second one meant to be Alamoti?

Either way I don't think your bench is overly weak, 14-17 looks fairly standard to me and I wish I had options like Perham, Sele, and Alamoti outside my 17 instead of AKP, Talau, and Niko.

On Carty vs Katoa I think you just have to ask who's more likely to be a keeper. Even if Carty is back to starting it might now be a week to week worry whether he's going to play 80 or 50 mins, whereas we've seen nothing to indicate Katoa is playing anything less than 80 if fit. We've also seen a higher ceiling from Katoa. Id keep Katoa and it's not particularly close IMO. I think Carty might play 80 some weeks but his minutes will be a rollercoaster.

Honestly I wouldn't overthink it, you're getting Hynes *and* two other upgrades. Most teams are gonna have to downgrade somewhere to get Hynes. That's why I called them cheat code trades haha.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:32 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

You listed Loiero twice, is the second one meant to be Alamoti?

Either way I don't think your bench is overly weak, 14-17 looks fairly standard to me and I wish I had options like Perham, Sele, and Alamoti outside my 17 instead of AKP, Talau, and Niko.

On Carty vs Katoa I think you just have to ask who's more likely to be a keeper. Even if Carty is back to starting it might now be a week to week worry whether he's going to play 80 or 50 mins, whereas we've seen nothing to indicate Katoa is playing anything less than 80 if fit. We've also seen a higher ceiling from Katoa. Id keep Katoa and it's not particularly close IMO. I think Carty might play 80 some weeks but his minutes will be a rollercoaster.

Honestly I wouldn't overthink it, you're getting Hynes *and* two other upgrades. Most teams are gonna have to downgrade somewhere to get Hynes. That's why I called them cheat code trades haha.
    Ahhh shoot, yes the one in EMG is Alamoti.

I’m worried about how the Dogs back might go against the Sharks so getting them down to EMG makes me feel a little bit better haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:41 pm

Very good points on the Katoa v Carty battle. 

Too be honest I’m just glad I havnt had to go cheapie shopping this week because I would have probably picked up Host haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:08 pm

@mrbrownstone

What are your thoughts on Fifita as an alternative to Hynes? Scoring seems pretty stable without tries this year which is nice and strengthens my EDG position which is the one lagging position in my team?

Just seeing what ya think
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:@mrbrownstone

What are your thoughts on Fifita as an alternative to Hynes? Scoring seems pretty stable without tries this year which is nice and strengthens my EDG position which is the one lagging position in my team?

Just seeing what ya think

I like DiFi, he's probably gonna explode at some point, but I'm not sure there's anyone not named Cleary I'd buy instead of Hynes. Just so scary not to own. I wish I was in a position to bring him in, especially while he's still relatively PODdy.

No reason you can't turn say, Carrigan and Katoa into DiFi+ someone next week.

I don't think your edge is that weak anyway, I think most teams are probably running with some combination of Preston/Loiero/Katoa still.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:27 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I like DiFi, he's probably gonna explode at some point, but I'm not sure there's anyone not named Cleary I'd buy instead of Hynes. Just so scary not to own. I wish I was in a position to bring him in, especially while he's still relatively PODdy.

No reason you can't turn say, Carrigan and Katoa into DiFi+ someone next week.

I don't think your edge is that weak anyway, I think most teams are probably running with some combination of Preston/Loiero/Katoa still. 
    Cheers for all of the help mate. 

Yeah I’m a big Fifita fan, would be nice if he puts up a nice 50 this week to keep his ownership down ready for the explosion heading into Origin 😜

Now I hope one of Hynes/Manu put up a nice 80+ tonight and I can enjoy my weekend haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:46 pm

Round 8 - Trades and team update

So ended up going with the fun option suggested by CapnRanta and it went pretty well for the first week. Huge rankings bump, gained over 7000 ranks and jumped into the top 10k for the first time this year haha

Carty to Hynes
    Welch to Manu
    Uto to Cheese

Week 9 Team

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Cheese
    Ford, Preston
    Cleary, Hynes
    Lemmy, Manu
    Teddy, Miller, Perham

SJ, Boyd, Loiero, Katoa
    Sele, Niko, Alamoti, Warbrick

So apparently not trading this week is somewhat of a PoD move. I don’t think I’ll get away with no trades since I don’t trust Sele and Niko that much, would love to take their points from last week 👍

Have set my team up to have a look at Sele and Nikos scores before deciding what to do with Katoa/Loiero/Warbrick.

Have 50k in the bank so I think an easy trade regardless is Warbrick to Bula and bank the other 2 this week with the carnage going on.

Hoping to climb the ladder again this week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 01, 2023 3:24 pm

Round 9 Update

Score - 1046 
    Rank - 3064 (gained 6859 spots)

Only made the one trade this week which was Katoa > Horsburgh, trade was made to get a guy who played the next 5 games over a guy who plays 2. Also needed a bit of support on the bench due to having 3 guys on the bye and not wanting to rely on the loops too much.

Overall it obviously went pretty well. Hynes (c), Horse and Lemmy doing a lot of the leg work for the team with a combined 360 points between them. Cleary and Manu going 60+ also a big help. 

Preston the only real failure with a sub 40 but hey can’t win them all
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 01, 2023 3:25 pm

Love to see it!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 01, 2023 4:13 pm

Magic Round!

We head into the round without Miller so it may be time to go ahead with the Warbrick to Bula trade and plug him straight in against the Dragons, with a nice match up it could be an opportunity to score well.

Apart from that I’m not really sure what else needs to be done with the team this week. If you have any ideas then feel free to let me know what you’re thinking. Have 160k in the bank after grabbing Bula

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Perham, Bula

SJ, Boyd, Ford, Cheese
    Niko, Sele, Alamoti, Miller

This is taking into account the Warbrick to Bula trade. The 100k is the most tempting part of the trade this week and hoping Bula can tack on an extra 150k from here
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 01, 2023 4:24 pm

Tino to JDB?

Tino not setting the world alight will play origin, and JDB is an extra 13 and base statting 80 mins a week

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:02 pm