NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Milchcow 2023

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Milchcow 2023 - Page 2 Empty Re: Milchcow 2023

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:24 am

Will be either Thompson or Hammer coming in. CTR/WFB dual gives them the advantage over CNK

If I bring in Hammer then BMM will be the other trade. if I go for Thompson I have a bit more flexibility. Might even open the Doorey for a double Parra edge
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:41 am

Ignoring the Hammer for ITT has hurt points + cash generation.

If only Preston had just been named to start on TLT, could have got him in over BMM, but by the time I saw the news it was too late.

749 for the week, not great but could have been worse

Ponga to Preston locked in for trade 1 this week.
    Waiting for TLT before deciding the other - Cheese to Walsh is a strong possibility, but need to make sure I can cover HLF+HOK

Hopefully Egan butcher can have a half decent game this week, and I can upgrade him next week (and possibly cash in Trindall, I think his time is nearing an end)
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:52 am

I find one of my biggest problems is being stubborn about players....for example Hammer. He's good to watch, but I don't rate him for fantasy.... now he's had two great games, but I probably won't bring him in because I don't feel his scoring is sustainable....and watch him kill it, make another $150k and hurt me in the overall rankings haha
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:10 am

TheWeapon wrote:I find one of my biggest problems is being stubborn about players....for example Hammer. He's good to watch, but I don't rate him for fantasy.... now he's had two great games, but I probably won't bring him in because I don't feel his scoring is sustainable....and watch him kill it, make another $150k and hurt me in the overall rankings haha
    I'm with ya there, don't rate him, don't think his scoring is sustainable, but watch him average a try a game for the whole season as the Fins win the comp.

Alternatively, I rate Thompson, but he had a really bad game. Still think he'll come good, got the playstyle to have a better floor than HTF, but can match his ceiling when things go his way (and the Rabbits don't play a pissed off Panthers in Penrith).
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:17 am

Preston and Walsh probably the same two I'll bring in. In his thread @Snatchpato made compelling reasons for selling Butcher though, but in a world where it's him vs Cheese for a trade out I don't think either is the "wrong" answer.

Considered HTF preseason but decided he wasn't going to do anything. Now I'm being stubborn about him (probably to my detriment lol) so we're all in the same boat there 😂
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:30 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Preston and Walsh probably the same two I'll bring in. In his thread @Snatchpato made compelling reasons for selling Butcher though, but in a world where it's him vs Cheese for a trade out I don't think either is the "wrong" answer.

Considered HTF preseason but decided he wasn't going to do anything. Now I'm being stubborn about him (probably to my detriment lol) so we're all in the same boat there 😂
    Yeah if I still had Smith I'd 100% be trading him out first. I'm just lucky to be in a position where I don't have any players screaming to be traded bar Talau.

HTF anti-stans unite!
    (Though ironically in a thread of Milchy's who actually wanted hammer Laughing )
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Trades for this week - Cleary + Ponga out. Preston + Cook in

Ponga to Preston was a no-brainer. 2nd trade was trickier
    Had a desire for Walsh (and also considered Trbo) but with Doueihi not training I thought it was more urgent to fix up HLF/HOK.
    I've brought in Cook who I can play every week until origin. Now that I've ditched Cleary he's my likely captain too (him or Haas)

Lineup this week

Cook
    Hopgood(c) Haas Carrigan
    EKatoa Carty
    Trindall Doueihi
    Bird Alamoti
    Warbrick Miller ITT

Preston Egan Loiero Boyd
    Cheese Uto BMM HSS
    $226k in the bank

Halves are dodgy with Doueihi battling injury and Trindall on borrowed time.

Plan for next few weeks is fix up WFB, HLF and get a better 2nd hooker.

Trbo/Walsh are prime targets for WFB, and very good chance one comes in for Egan Butcher next week. Still 7 more game sthis round to make me completely change my plans though

If Cheese plays this week and gets through the game OK, then I can reassess whether I hold him for the bye or not.

Pretty keen on Burton for my 2nd half. Get him in cheap in the next week or 2. Then run Burton + Doueihi with plan to swap Doueihi to Cleary/Hynes in a few weeks.

Also watching Koroisau as a backup hooker. got a good score last week. BE not super high so he may bottom out soon. If it works out that I can bring him in for a good price I am going to strongly consider it.

Been a bit limited in plans this week as injuries have forced me away from what I would have liked to do, but hopefully can get back on track soon
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:39 pm

1001 points in R5, moves me up to 5631 overall. Not as high as the people doing well, but after being 12k 2 weeks ago I am moving in the right direction

Trades last week were Cheese + HSS to Burton and Ford

Thought about Carrigan to Cleary, but decided Burton + Carrigan was better than Cleary + Cheese
    Didn't work out this week because Carrigan put up a poor score, but long term I don't think it was a terrible move.

Initial thoughts this week are pull the trigger on Carrigan to Cleary, and Fund it with Trindall to Kodi Nikorima

Then just wait to time the Tedesco trade in. Carty/Katoe/Loeiro - one of them should be ripe for a trade and minimal upgrade cost

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:19 pm

Looking at Trindall + Hopgood out for Cleary and KNik

Even if Hopgood is a 55-60 minute bench forward, I don't think he's got a lot more cash to make. Already priced over 50 so he has a mimimal benefit, and Cleary going to be the better scorer. Aaves me from trading out Carrigan that was my pre-TLT plan

Leaves me with this team

Cook
    Haas Carrigan Ford
    Katoa Loiero
    SJ Cleary
    Bird Alamoti
    Miller Trbo Warbrick

Burton Preston Carty Boyd
    Uto KNik ITT BMM

Other than a dodgy 3rd WFB I'm happy with that 17
    Getting Teddy in once he returns and drops cash is one priority, looking at Latrell too
    Hynes probably won't come in pre-origin, unless one of my other guns gets injured, but can't have them all
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 04, 2023 12:25 pm

Been bumped to 2nd page so putting an update in here

Had a good but not great run of weeks to get mt to around 2000 in ranks , it slipped a little last week

Pre trades, team looks like this

Cook
    McInnes Haas JDB
    Loiero Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Manu
    Tedesci Miller Bula

Burton Boyd Carty Ford
    Cheese KNik Host Alamoti

No Hynes, but hopefully Haas keeps performing so I can catch up ground on everyone that traded him out. Cook the main issue with the guns. Going Grant or Robson would have been a better use of cash. Been a little unlucky at times though, so close to 2 tries last week, could have been a different story.
    Probably want Robson for byes, so just trying to time when to make that move

Just trying to be sensible with trades/bye players now. Getting guys in without overpaying. round 13 pretty shocking at the moment, but 16/19 not looking too bad. So might leave it at that and if I can get 2 out of 3 bye rounds with a decent team then just cop the losses on one of them.

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu May 04, 2023 9:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Been bumped to 2nd page so putting an update in here

Had a good but not great run of weeks to get mt to around 2000 in ranks , it slipped a little last week

Pre trades, team looks like this

Cook
    McInnes Haas JDB
    Loiero Preston
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Manu
    Tedesci Miller Bula

Burton Boyd Carty Ford
    Cheese KNik Host Alamoti

No Hynes, but hopefully Haas keeps performing so I can catch up ground on everyone that traded him out. Cook the main issue with the guns. Going Grant or Robson would have been a better use of cash.  Been a little unlucky at times though, so close to 2 tries last week, could have been a different story.
    Probably want Robson for byes, so just trying to time when to make that move

Just trying to be sensible with trades/bye players now. Getting guys in without overpaying. round 13 pretty shocking at the moment, but 16/19 not looking too bad. So might leave it at that and if I can get 2 out of 3 bye rounds with a decent team then just cop the losses on one of them.

Good stuff here, team looks very solid with even cheese at 18th man and plenty of cover
    The remaining cows are all earning cash too so you look well set for some moves
    Plenty of patience looks to be paying off and I assume a heap of trades saved with your usual approach should see you making large gains over the next month or 2
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 08, 2023 10:03 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:
    Plenty of patience looks to be paying off and I assume a heap of trades saved with your usual approach should see you making large gains over the next month or 2

You assume wrong. I've been burning trades

1005 for the week takes me up to 1369 in ranks.

No Hynes worked out this week, and now he has a low score hope his price can drop a bit for a post origin signing

Think my main other issues are no Hosking, no Fifita, no Null
    Were always people I was interested in but just didn't get the chance to bring them in. In hindsight should have made it happen.

Cook the main guy in my team whose presence is causing problems. Instead of being a significant discount, Robson is going to be about the same price which is very annoying.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 09, 2023 7:42 pm

Milchcow 2023 - Page 2 My_tea10

2 ways to play it this week.

Option 1 is to hold trades. Can field a reasonable 17. I'll be leaving out one of Bula/Host and many people won't have that luxury this week.
    Look at Te Whare next week as a downgrade but otherwise just hang on until origin.

Option 2 is switch Cook to Robson. Robson is cheap (just unfortunate Cook has dropped even more from his starting price) Could always regret it if/when Cook pulls out a monster score. But likely I want to make that trade at some point anyway before R13.

With Ford missing the next 2 I could trade him out, but there's nobody really tempting that I can afford, so might just hold until a better option turns up.
    If I make Alamoti to Te Whare next week that might free up enough funds to give a better upgrade.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 09, 2023 9:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:Milchcow 2023 - Page 2 My_tea10

2 ways to play it this week.

Option 1 is to hold trades. Can field a reasonable 17. I'll be leaving out one of Bula/Host and many people won't have that luxury this week.
    Look at Te Whare next week as a downgrade but otherwise just hang on until origin.

Option 2 is switch Cook to Robson. Robson is cheap (just unfortunate Cook has dropped even more from his starting price) Could always regret it if/when Cook pulls out a monster score. But likely I want to make that trade at some point anyway before R13.

With Ford missing the next 2 I could trade him out, but there's nobody really tempting that I can afford, so might just hold until a better option turns up.
    If I make Alamoti to Te Whare next week that might free up enough funds to give a better upgrade.
    I’m in a similar position this week. Can move Ford down to emergency and play Sele instead. 700k would be my budget this week but much more keen on guys well above that mark
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 09, 2023 10:53 pm

Nice week mate

Something out the box and controversial if you gamble early on te whare this week to give you more options on Ford
    Best I could do really using your planned trades but this week instead.

Alamoti to Te Whare = 99k to bank
    Cook to Robson = 30k to bank
    Ford + 99k + 30K + 17k =  any player under 683k ?

But then I see your depth and I reckon you just run it back with no trades and take Bula/Host points loop

Cook to Robson is probably worth it too with one trade and avoids any issues with his high BE and your 17k bank
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 10, 2023 2:18 pm

I'm also considering a Cook to Robson trade, but personally think it can wait another week. Cook against the Tigers is scary to trade imo. Also kinda feels like selling at his lowest ebb at this point, and it's not exactly like Robson is killing it at the moment either.

I think holding this week, then Ford + Alamoti -> Te Whare + ? next week is the play. That'd get my vote.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 18, 2023 12:24 am

Trades I am considering this week

Joey Manu to Billy Smith - taking a punt that Manu misses at least R14
    Also gives me a bunch of cash

I sort of want Harrison Edwards - think he'll get good minutes and scores over the bye period. Liek him more than Oloapu or Burbo even though he costs a bit more. Not sure who to trade out for him
    Loiero is done making major cash but has a nice bye schedule if held past R13
    Ford is a nice r13 number

Maybe I could Ditch Burton
    Got Burton in at his cheapest, and although he has given me Ok scores and a bit of cash, he's got as many meh scores as great ones.

Something to think about before lockout tomorrow

Looking ahead to R13 trades
    Cook to Robson or Liddle. if Liddle looks Ok under new coach may give him the nod. he's under $200k cheaper, but if he gets good game time, then as the saying goes, he can go within 10 points

Everything else will play by ear
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 18, 2023 5:06 pm

Hey mate I get the appeal of trading Manu but if you want him back closer to round 16 you’re burning 2 trades. I’m holding Manu even if he’s back round 15. The DPP is so valuable too.

Not interested in Tatola probs better JS than Edwards
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 18, 2023 6:04 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Hey mate I get the appeal of trading Manu but if you want him back closer to round 16 you’re burning 2 trades. I’m holding Manu even if he’s back round 15. The DPP is so valuable too.

Not interested in Tatola probs better JS than Edwards

If I ditch Manu probably won't trade him back in

I don't have confidence in him finishing the season at 5/8th, and as a CTR, he's good scorer but not a must have

I think Edwards is better value for money than Tatola. Betting he has position in merit and will keep it, at least through the byes.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 22, 2023 3:13 pm

1036 for the week
    ranked 545

Was tossing up Manu to Billy Smith, when Bird was out I pulled the trigger to avoid playing with 16
    also went Host to HEdwards

Team before trades , just 9 players (8 I guess if Miller gets droppped)

Cook
    JDB Horse (Haas)
    Ford (Preston)
    SJ KNikorima
    Bird (Smith)
    Drinkwater Miller (Bula)

Cleary Teddy Boyd Loiero
    Burton Cheese HEdwards Alamoti

Cheese is out, and it seems Miller is too. Tohu one provisional trade in, but still have some research to do.
    Tossing up long term need for Loeiro, Burton, Alamoti, and if I should ditch them this week. Dogs have good byes after this round so holding Burton may be worth it
    Loiero is pretty good for byes after this week, so wondering if I should hold on a little longer

Don't have Null Null - he's at a premium price but he may be worth just chucking in CTR for the rest of the year
    Original plan was Miller to Dylan Edwards next week. Instead I guess Miller to ? and then get Edwards in for someone else next week.

Other player I am targeting short term is iPap or Bateman, ideally next week.

Fifita and Hynes are the 2 big guns I am missing (plus Harry Grant), and I do want them, but at this point its a matter of timing them around origin. Assuming he doesn't get dropped Hynes misses R13, R16, R17, R19 and backs up R14 + R20. Unless its to get him at a discount, don't think its worth trading him in to miss that many, especially when I already have Cleary.
    Fifita is a bit better - his only byes from now on are origin weeks anyway, so if he is going to back up will just  trade him in when I can afford it.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:02 am