NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:54 pm

surmo13 wrote:so i have:

Seggy, Luke
    Woods, Evans, Grant, Packer
    Surgess, Taia, LAM, Aubbs (Pauli, Alolai)
    DCE, Hastings (Taylor, Jikorima)
    Lawrence, Gutherson (Scott, Henry)
    Teddy, Gordon, Feeney (Mitchell, Eden)

with 92k left over... I want to get Aubbs into CTR without having to use a <$134,000 in my reserves... any suggestions?

Personal preference would be blaw for packer.
    Then put aubs into ctw,sub with Henry perhaps?
    Then your 4th reserve would be Pauli right?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:17 pm

All this talk of Aubs and Sironen is making my abs hurt from purely rofl-ing...

And that's near impossible as I sport a keg, not a six pack.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Personal preference would be blaw for packer.
    Then put aubs into ctw,sub with Henry perhaps?
    Then your 4th reserve would be Pauli right?

sorry, I prolly should've been clearer, when I said 'without having to use a <$134,000 in my reserves' I meant as the best option ie. I'd put the R on Taylor over Pauli if I had to choose between, what I'm looking for is what to downgrade to find the funds to move Aubbs into the CTR and replace him with another good mid-ranger... I've currently gone Teddy to Inglis, Seggy to Lichaa, and Eden to Whitehead, I'm not entirely sure about that option though
    Wilko
    Wilko

Post by Wilko Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:34 pm

I've been on a self imposed Fantasy ban during the off-season. Figured it was time to come back and try to research a decent 25.

Do we have any planning spreadsheets floating around this year?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Is it just me or has JWH been training the house down in preseason? Fittest he has ever looked.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 4 CcHTJ9QVAAEcrb_
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Might be the camera angle, but definitely looks leaner!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 pm

That photo looks off..

Anyway I remember seeing JWH up close in person about 2-3 years ago and he was an absolute monster
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:42 pm

I think a lot of forwards will be a lot trimmer this year with the reduced interchanges.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Wilko wrote:I've been on a self imposed Fantasy ban during the off-season. Figured it was time to come back and try to research a decent 25.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t128-break-evens-stats-spreadsheets-etc-includes-pgc-s-season-review

Break Evens, Team Planners, Player Stats
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Wilko wrote:I've been on a self imposed Fantasy ban during the off-season. Figured it was time to come back and try to research a decent 25.

to research a descent 25 please read the last 8 threads + the pre-season thread and you'll be right Coffee
    Wilko
    Wilko

Post by Wilko Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Legend!

Productivity at work will be back at an all time low for the next 7 months Smile
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Mearcats wrote:All this talk of Aubs and Sironen is making my abs hurt from purely rofl-ing...

And that's near impossible as I sport a keg, not a six pack.

Oh we'll see who's laughing after 10 rounds. People must have thought I was mad when I bought in Kevin Gordon instead of Isaac De Gois for a downgrade option to play in a bye round in 2014 but wasn't I laughing when Gordon scored 2 tries and got his best score of the year while De Gois scored lower than him. I was laughing then and I will laugh later on this year as well

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Oh we'll see who's laughing after 10 rounds. People must have thought I was mad when I bought in Kevin Gordon instead of Isaac De Gois for a downgrade option to play in a bye round in 2014 but wasn't I laughing when Gordon scored 2 tries and got his best score of the year while De Gois scored lower than him. I was laughing then and I will laugh later on this year as well

Gordon ya Johnny.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 pm

It's crazy some guys who are the best props around are tiny like Matt Scott, I remember seeing him in person and being quite a bit taller than him was so shocked. Then you have guys who are absolute monsters. I remember seeing Mason and thinking I'd never seen a larger human being in my life.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Honeysett wrote:It's crazy some guys who are the best props around are tiny like Matt Scott, I remember seeing him in person and being quite a bit taller than him was so shocked. Then you have guys who are absolute monsters. I remember seeing Mason and thinking I'd never seen a larger human being in my life.

Mason has a massive forehead so he looks bigger then he really is.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Honeysett wrote:It's crazy some guys who are the best props around are tiny like Matt Scott, I remember seeing him in person and being quite a bit taller than him was so shocked. Then you have guys who are absolute monsters. I remember seeing Mason and thinking I'd never seen a larger human being in my life.

Jesse Bromwich looks even more of a unit in person. Just tall and fucking solid as a rock
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm seriously considering a CTR/WFB structure of this...

Aubusson, Auva'a, Chee-Kam, Henry
    Barba, Feeney, Gutherson, Mitchell, Scott

Too risky? I'm not really worried about restricted scoring potential as I should make the points up with stronger selections elsewhere. Worried more about JS and cash flow.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:15 pm

superbucks wrote:I'm seriously considering a CTR/WFB structure of this...

Aubusson, Auva'a, Chee-Kam, Henry
    Barba, Feeney, Gutherson, Mitchell, Scott

Too risky? I'm not really worried about restricted scoring potential as I should make the points up with stronger selections elsewhere. Worried more about JS and cash flow.

While the cash you saved there will let you get better scorers elsewhere, what do you do if they fail? You would have the ability to downgrade but that wastes valuable trades. Why not go with a few cheap options at the back and pad it out with some midrangers who are unlikely to fail or at the very least are not as costly to fix. Guys like CLaw, Mann, Fergo, Gordon, Mansour. Starting with them will only require less than 100k to upgrade should they fail. If you were to run with Feeney and Gutherson and they both fail, as well as the mid range options above then you are looking at over 200k to get them up to guys who are scoring well.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Slater/Fergo + CLaw

vs

Mann + Aubbs?

Edit: Aubbs and claw in the centres
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 pm

What's the likelihood we will find out how many games Pearce will miss before lock out round 1?

All this talk of people running 3 cheapie halves (Hastings, Taylor, Jniko) has me all itchy.

I can't help but feel that it is too risky. IF Pearce comes back early (assuming we don't find out till round 2), let's say returns in 6 rounds, you've now got Hastings scoring not alot (assuming he is in your 13) because he won't be doing the kicking in play, Jniko not on the park at all, Taylor won't be a good option to have in your 13 because he won't be doing much kicking either I don't think.

Then it turns out none of them have made enough money to cash out and upgrade the other to a proper scoring half (min 340k)

I feel it could truly screw a team big time if a coach has spent ALL the salary cap, run 3 cheapie halves and then Pearce comes back after a few rounds. Where as running two cheapies as NPR and a mid ranger (with potential increase) + gun, while it might be more conservative, means Pearce's potential short punishment is not going to screw your whole season. (i.e having to burn important trades to fix a poorly scoring halves combo).

I guess it all comes down to whether you are the risk taker who might win the whole thing or might end up last, or whether you're the more conservative type who is happy to stand less of a chance of winning but would still have fun ending up top 1,000.

Thoughts anyone? Who's running 3 cheapies? Who's running 2 cheapies + Mid ranger?

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am