NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:34 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Aubs played 80 in the second row. SST shared lock with Liu, prob played about 45.

Cheers
    Chucky
    Chucky

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Chucky Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I know that getting ppm kings is a strategy that can often backfire.

but Nelson Asofa-Solomona played 10 games last year. 5 of them were 15 minutes or less (averaged 14 points). The other 5 games he played 30-40 minutes (34.4 points, including 1 try)

Priced at 24. If he can maintain 30 minutes plus each week this year then looks good.

Problem with these guys is they end up keeping their 15 minute cameos and they suck for you fantasy wise
    He's been in all my drafts, until today.
    I still haven't ruled him out but agree that he may struggle for minutes.
    rjconner
    rjconner

Post by rjconner Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Alright I've pretty much Rearranged my whole team, just wanting some others in sights, after actually learning how to make a proper team from Milchcow. Anyone able to suggest a FRF or even a 2RF and ill put S.Mataora/A.Paasi FRF (I was thinking Corey Oates at 2RF and S.MataoraFRF), got $328k to splash.

Before
    Hooker - tyler Randell / Matt Parcell
    FRF - kane Evans / Brenton Lawrence
    FRF - Sam Burgess / Nathaniel peteru
    2RF - Sio Siua Ta / Ben Henry
    2RF - Bryce Cartwright / Christan Welc
    2RF - Agnatius Paasi / Pauli Pauli
    Halves - Adam Reynolds / Jackston Hasting
    Halves - Josh Reynolds / Ashely Taylor
    Centres - Mitchel Aubu / Joseph Leilua
    Centres - Solomone Kat / Kirisome Auva's
    W,FB - Greg Inglis / Michael Gordon
    W,FB - James Roberts / Dale Copely
    W,FB - Matt Moylan

Now
    Hooker - J.Segeyaro(C) / J.Granville
    FRF - S.Burgess / B.Lawrence
    FRF - ($328k player) / K.Evans   ------------- Sauaso Sue, Regan Campbell-G, Jacob Lillyman, Isaac Liu?
    2RF - S.Taukeiaho / D.Bhana                
    2RF - B.Cartwright / A.Paasi                  
    2RF - R.Rochow / S.Mataora    
    Halves - D. Cheery(V) / J.Hasting
    Halves - A.Reynolds / A.Taylor
    Centres - C.Lawrence / C.Gutherson
    Centres - B.Henry / K.Auva's
    W,FB - M.Gordon / J.Feeney
    W,FB - J.Roberts / D.Copely
    W,FB - L.Mitchell

I'm looking at $286k Regan Cambell-Gillard or $315k Isaac Liu, are they both running 30-45mins like last year in the forwards, or have they been pushed back with the new signings and rookies? I'm really liking Regan had him last year and seems more consistent then Isaac.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:11 pm

I've been going through the various leagues that I'm in and have noticed that some teams have projected scores of well over 800.

My projected score in the leagues section is 89 points less than it is on my main team selection page which is a pretty big disparity. If that's the case with me, some of these other projections will be closer to 900 Shocked Shocked I'm second guessing myself now, are their squads that much better or are these figures lacking accuracy?

The lone scout's team as an example only has a projected score of 579.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:12 pm

First news report i have seen with a time line for pearce...6 weeks
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/mitchell-pearce-roosters-star-back-from-rehab-and-ready-to-cop-punishment-for-lewd-video/news-story/3252c9171d26cfed657bb5e0c924917d?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Last edited by Showbags on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:24 pm

If Pearce gets a 6 game suspension do you run with Niko or not?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Showbags wrote:First news report i have seen with a time line for pearce...6 weeks
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/mitchell-pearce-roosters-star-back-from-rehab-and-ready-to-cop-punishment-for-lewd-video/news-story/3252c9171d26cfed657bb5e0c924917d?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Any of the number gurus here able to provide an estimate for the price of JNiko after 6 rounds if he scores 20,25 and 30 as his averages
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:26 pm

Bren wrote:If Pearce gets a 6 game suspension do you run with Niko or not?

Would depend I guess on value of a trade, expected price rise, and then also where you have to cop it elsewhere in your squad if you don't start with him

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:32 pm

6 rounds is not a whole lot of time to generate some cash.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:41 pm

rjconner wrote:Now
    Hooker - J.Segeyaro(C) / J.Granville
    FRF - S.Burgess / B.Lawrence
    FRF - ($328k player) / K.Evans ------------- Sauaso Sue, Regan Campbell-G, Jacob Lillyman, Isaac Liu?
    2RF - S.Taukeiaho / D.Bhana
    2RF - B.Cartwright / A.Paasi
    2RF - R.Rochow / S.Mataora
    Halves - D. Cheery(V) / J.Hasting
    Halves - A.Reynolds / A.Taylor
    Centres - C.Lawrence / C.Gutherson
    Centres - B.Henry / K.Auva's
    W,FB - M.Gordon / J.Feeney
    W,FB - J.Roberts / D.Copely
    W,FB - L.Mitchell

Corey Oates isn't worth a punt, he is either a winger or limited minutes from the bench.

HOK: Solid, as long as you don't necessarily think Granville will rise heavily in price. He is somewhat underpriced but not too much.

FRF: I think for your last position save the cash and pick up like V. Leuluai if he is named for the Roosters.

2RF: Paasi while impressive in the 9s will struggle for minutes at the Titans to make him a worthwhile selection. Now the cash you saved above can turn Paasi into W. Graham or M. Taupau. (If you want to upgrade him to a true gun. I.e. Parker, Merrin, ect. Continue to read.)

HLF: I would heavily look at downgrading Reynolds to J. Nikorima if M. Pearce is out long term (5+ weeks). With that said, it is fair enough if you don't.

CTR: Bit light and you need to double check all are named come TLT, but it is fine.

WFB: I wouldn't select J. Roberts, he was heavily relied on at the Titans and I think he will be less likely to make those massive plays, as they wont be necessary. There is also the chance he will play more structured football under Bennett and wont see as many tries. (May push it out more to the wing.) Also you can save yourself $50k+ by grabbing someone like B. Ferguson, J. Mansour, K. Mann, B. Barba (Potentially, depends on TLT). If you get Barba you could turn Paasi into Corey Parker with the spare money in the FRF.

You don't want to select guys like Reagan Campbell-Gillard, sure he averaged solid minutes last year and should be around there again. But he isn't scoring at a GUN level. Players are in 3 groups..

Proven Guns: These are the guys that have already proven that they score at high levels in their positions week in and week out. Generally you want to select HOK's, FRF's 2RF's HLF's that are proven guns, but guys like Roger Tuivasa-Scheck and James Tedesco are also worth looking at. More examples and more commonly picked are C. Smith, C. Parker, A. Fifita, P. Gallen, ect.

Mid Tier: These are Mid-Tier to borderline guns (Roughly $200k - $450k), now you only select guys in this price range if you think they can improve. Either because of increased minutes or change or role in the team. (Increase workload.) You don't select someone because they will go okay, you select them either thinking they will make you money enough to close the gap between them and guns or because they will become guns. (You don't select these guys because they will score the same as they did throughout last year.

Cash Cows:
    These guys are usually sub $200k and they aren't meant to be in your playing 17. (There are exceptions, see Jackson Hastings). They are meant to generate you enough cash that you can either turn them into Guns, or you can sell them off and turn your Mid-Tier guys into guns. Now occasionally you get very lucky and one of your Cash Cows turn into guns, or at least season keepers as Daly Cherry-Evans did when he debuted.

Also if this came across harsh sorry, your team is beginning to look really good and I can see you took on board what Milchcow had said.

Last edited by Random on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:46 pm

Regarding the 6 game ban on Pearce. From what I have seen the Roosters think 6 games is the absolute maximum that Pearce should serve and that if the NRL pursue any more than that, that they were going to try and take legal action.

I personally will take the risk on Nikorima if Pearce is out for 6 weeks.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:07 am

mango wrote:I've been going through the various leagues that I'm in and have noticed that some teams have projected scores of well over 800.

My projected score in the leagues section is 89 points less than it is on my main team selection page which is a pretty big disparity. If that's the case with me, some of these other projections will be closer to 900 Shocked Shocked I'm second guessing myself now, are their squads that much better or are these figures lacking accuracy?

The lone scout's team as an example only has a projected score of 579.

The projections have always been pretty terrible mate, don't put any credence in them.
    rjconner
    rjconner

Post by rjconner Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:11 am

Random wrote:Also if this came across harsh sorry, your team is beginning to look really good and I can see you took on board what Milchcow had said.

all good mate, Thanks for the help. Your right on J.Roberts, he may get me 30-50k and a reasonable score but he could easly drop 50k and have a lower avg at the new club. I'll have a look at the Reynolds situation could be better to get another high scoring 2RF/FRF.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:11 am

So if that's the Knights team Snowden is in for a lot of minutes!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 am

Random wrote:Regarding the 6 game ban on Pearce. From what I have seen the Roosters think 6 games is the absolute maximum that Pearce should serve and that if the NRL pursue any more than that, that they were going to try and take legal action.

I personally will take the risk on Nikorima if Pearce is out for 6 weeks.

Also you never know what other injuries might pop up in those 6 weeks
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:24 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:So if that's the Knights team Snowden is in for a lot of minutes!

Snowden is actually very tempting

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:26 am

jstands wrote:

Snowden is actually very tempting

Unfortunately for me its down to him or Surgess and Surgess is DPP
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:29 am

Okay so these players have been locked in my team since day one and I think it will stay that way unless I need to milk some extra dollars come team lists.

Smith, Lichaa, Woods, Surgess, Rochow, LAM, DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Ferguson.
    Majority of the rest will likely stay the same too with just some minor tweaking

Exciting days ahead!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 am

Bren wrote:6 rounds is not a whole lot of time to generate some cash.

Depends on the scores. 6 rounds of 30's should put him at a decent price I would imagine. Plus you won't have him as a scorer in your side so you aren't having to replace him with another scorer. If you have the cash you can use him as a stepping stone to whichever mid priced half fires, whichever gun half falters early on (most likely would be SJ), or you downgrade him to TMM if he comes in, or another nuffie option and use the cash to upgrade one of your failed mid range gambles, or go after the next big cash cow/faltering gun.

A lot of options you can do, and a half tends to score reasonably well without doing too much so 6 rounds could be just right to make the quick cash and get out

Last edited by Beast From The Big East on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:33 am

jstands wrote:Okay so these players have been locked in my team since day one and I think it will stay that way unless I need to milk some extra dollars come team lists.  

Smith, Lichaa, Woods, Surgess, Rochow, LAM, DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Ferguson.
    Majority of the rest will likely stay the same too with just some minor tweaking

Exciting days ahead!
    minus Fergo our teams are going to look remarkably similar up until TLT stands

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 am