NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:52 pm

Bullbender wrote:SI on a serious note what do see as the make up of the tigers pack. I see it
    Grant
    Cherry
    Woods
    Siro
    Sue

Ava
    Lovett

To me the last 2 spots are still up in the air. Josh Aloiai went good in the trials. Will it be him and a backup hooker like Liddle. I remember when i got Halatau last year after he had an Aubbs like permaban as he was the only hooker named as was set to play 80 and JT threw Luke Brooks in there. Do you think he will do something like that with Rankin. I cant recall Rankin playing hooker but Brooks had never either. Cherry wont play 80, well i highly dought it. They have a few options for wing where Rankin was going to get the nod ahead of Hunt(injured now) theres Addo Carr and even MCK in a reshuffle

i think lovett has disappeared off the radar, has he not?

aloiai and ava seem like two benchies, unsure of the third. seems a lottery
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Bullbender Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i think lovett has disappeared off the radar, has he not?

aloiai and ava seem like two benchies, unsure of the third. seems a lottery

lovetts still there mate and i will be shocked if hes not part of the bench. Someone thats dropped of the radar is the Llama. Some of these guys with all the hype just cant make the transition
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

Krump wrote:
    If SKD ends up in the shit there isn't as much depth as people think there is. I'm still think about sticking my hand in the Aubbs trap though, just can't resist that cheese.

He is in the banner?

If SKD ends up missing the time we will line up with
    1.Fergo
    2.Tupou
    3.Copley
    4.Mitchell
    5.Burgess

with depth being Brandon Elliot, Omar Slaimankhel and Joseph Manu before Aubbo would get moved to centres
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:06 am

I think when fit Edwards will get a spot.

Round 1 bench makeup is a bit of a lottery though
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:07 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

1.Fergo
    2.Tupou
    3.Copley
    4.Mitchell
    5.Burgess

with depth being Brandon Elliot, Omar Slaimankhel and Joseph Manu before Aubbo would get moved to centres

thats a very inexperienced backline though if anyone is injured and i reckon a coach like robinson would be very tempted to move aubbo to ctrs if theres one injury just to provide experience and reliability
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

1.Fergo
    2.Tupou
    3.Copley
    4.Mitchell
    5.Burgess

That's just wonderful now the kent is in my team Very Happy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

thats a very inexperienced backline though if anyone is injured and i reckon a coach like robinson would be very tempted to move aubbo to ctrs if theres one injury just to provide experience and reliability

If Cordner and JWH were fit that would be more likely. But with very little experience in the pack it would be a bad move to have Aubbo in the centres. Of course if there is an injury mid match Aubbo will be first to move but I can confidently say Aubbo will not start a game there until Cordner and JWH are back
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:10 am

Bullbender wrote:SI on a serious note what do see as the make up of the tigers pack. I see it
    Grant
    Cherry
    Woods
    Siro
    Sue

Ava
    Lovett

To me the last 2 spots are still up in the air. Josh Aloiai went good in the trials. Will it be him and a backup hooker like Liddle. I remember when i got Halatau last year after he had an Aubbs like permaban as he was the only hooker named as was set to play 80 and JT threw Luke Brooks in there. Do you think he will do something like that with Rankin. I cant recall Rankin playing hooker but Brooks had never either. Cherry wont play 80, well i highly dought it. They have a few options for wing where Rankin was going to get the nod ahead of Hunt(injured now) theres Addo Carr and even MCK in a reshuffle

Yeah, massive ask to throw Cherrington in at 80.  No Luani is a bummer although from what I can see no-one else has actually picked Luani up yet.

Round 2 is pretty clear cut with Halatau back but yeah Round 1 will be a dog's breakfast.  I saw somewhere else that Rankin could be an option.  He could be the new age Blake Austin for us  Very Happy .  We have plenty of very mediocre outside backs to fill in for Rankin Crying or Very sad So maybe:

Grant
    Cherry
    Woods
    Siro
    The Claw
    Sue

Rankin/Liddle
    Ava
    Buchanan
    Lovett

Although Lovett could start in the backrow freeing up Sue to play prop instead of Buchanan.  I actually hope Rankin does get the job and Chee Kam gets a start at centre.  We need something menacing in the backline.

This Aloiai kid seems to have come from nowhere and Rod Griffin doesn't seem to be tracking that well as not really coming into contention anywhere.  Got a feeling Buchanan gets the nod over both of them.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:12 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I think when fit Edwards will get a spot.

Round 1 bench makeup is a bit of a lottery though

Latest injury report has edwards ahead of schedule and they report "He will be close to selection for round 1"
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 am

FWIW I truly believe Edwards is the best backrower in that parra team, at least when it comes to effort and work rate. Every parra supporter I know absolutely love him.
    But in saying that I can't see him starting at all, but definitely deserves a spot on the bench.

Alvaro is also another one to look out for except he plays prop, and they have their main big guys in Paulo and Mannah who should be seeing most of the minutes there

Last edited by jstands on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not tigers...)
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 am

SI wrote:

Yeah, massive ask to throw Cherrington in at 80.  No Luani is a bummer although from what I can see no-one else has actually picked Luani up yet.

Round 2 is pretty clear cut with Halatau back but yeah Round 1 will be a dog's breakfast.  I saw somewhere else that Rankin could be an option.  He could be the new age Blake Austin for us  Very Happy .  We have plenty of very mediocre outside backs to fill in for Rankin Crying or Very sad So maybe:

Grant
    Cherry
    Woods
    Siro
    The Claw
    Sue

Rankin/Liddle
    Ava
    Buchanan
    Lovett

Although Lovett could start in the backrow freeing up Sue to play prop instead of Buchanan.  I actually hope Rankin does get the job and Chee Kam gets a start at centre.  We need something menacing in the backline.

This Aloiai kid seems to have come from nowhere and Rod Griffin doesn't seem to be tracking that well as not really coming into contention anywhere.  Got a feeling Buchanan gets the nod over both of them.

Please not Buchanan he offers nothing. I hope like you said Sue starts at lock and then goes in the prop rotation. Griffin not doing well and i think we have already released Billy Mac. The other place you read about Rankin i think i was the author so there is no substance to the rumour at all just pure speculation on my behalf.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 am

Bullbender wrote:

Latest injury report has edwards ahead of schedule and they report "He will be close to selection for round 1"
     In the trial v the Panthers it was reported that Edwards was a standout performer. As you say ahead of schedule.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:19 am

SI wrote:

Grant
    Cherry
    Woods
    Siro
    The Claw
    Sue

Rankin/Liddle
    Ava
    Buchanan
    Lovett

McConnachie is a much better player than Griffin anyway.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:23 am

Everyones "favorite" League reporter Danny Weildler posted a tweet from yesterday from Whatnow reading" I have unfinished business in rugby league. I have not retired."
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:24 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

McConnachie is a much better player than Griffin anyway.

Confirmed hes gone to Broncos
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:26 am

Bullbender wrote:

Confirmed hes gone to Broncos

When did that happen? Though it fits with the longstanding goal of the Broncos to field a full squad of 2RF/Locks and Fullbacks.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

When did that happen? Though it fits with the longstanding goal of the Broncos to field a full squad of 2RF/Locks and Fullbacks.

Lol. So true. About a week ago i think i read it? They got that boom prop from the raider Pangai aswsell
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:34 am

yeh pangai is coming to the bronx immediately, part of the tapine move.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 am

White Lightning wrote:
     In the trial v the Panthers it was reported that Edwards was a standout performer. As you say ahead of schedule.

I can see the eels forwards as

8 Mannah
    9 Peats
    10 Junior Paulo
    11 Ma'u
    12 Scott
    13 Moeroa
    14 De Gois
    15 Gower
    16 Alvaro/Terepo
    17 Edwards

To me Moeroa is in my team and think hes in for a big year. Can only see Edwards getting 30 minutes to start with.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:46 am

isnt Paulo out of there as well?

wicks would likely push for a spot?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am