NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 am

Chucky wrote:Lots of people talking about cashing out the failed cash cows, ie Paix, Musgrove
    Who are you cashing them out to?
    I’m really not seeing any value in the low price range.
    Talau is one but I already have him.
    Bailey Sironen is a possible.
    Niu, I don’t see hanging around long enough.
    Who am I missing?

I got Talau and Herbie last week, looking at Niu this week as a cashout, should be able to make some moves with that.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 48 - Show me the team list with Averillo

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am

Yeah I kinda can’t be arsed with this. I think it’s the two extra trades specifically for this week that is the bad part. Two extra trades over the season is stupid but wouldn’t be nearly as unfair.

Maybe if I hadn’t played with 15 last week and had none of the injured players this week I’d feel a bit better about it.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 am

Hurry up Hardly Normal, there will be alot of roll back teams going on in the next 48 hrs.
    Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

Post by Juggernauts Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 am

Currently thinking
    Moses to SJ
    Horse to Fotuaika
    Rudolph to Robson
    Clune to Niu (Need this trade to afford all 3 of the above)

I feel bad burning so made trades, I'll be down to 11 after this. But in saying that I think all of these trades are justified. Jumping off early on Clune but I think Robson should make up for that
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am

NRLF reckon this afternoon the extra trades will roll in.

After the carnage of last week I felt I dodged a lot of bullets only having Turbo and Katoa to deal with while others were scrambling for 16 I was comfortable with 19 fit players. Jumped up 300 ranks (188) and now I feel everyone has the chance to right those wrongs and get in the Ponga's, Cleary's, Teddy's, Cook's etc. that they all missed earlier in the season whereas I am set up at the moment where I have all the cows (Talau, Farns, HTF) only cow I dont have is Niu and my only urgent trade out is Moses.... I feel a little disadvantaged that none of my cows are ready to milk. I feel like if I traded Rudolf/Drinkwater/Leilua it would just be for the sake of it when they are all still either serviceable or making money.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 am

I am a bit wary of Butcher and Young.

Young - Decent player but who knows when/if Bateman will be back and he is one stupid high tackle, shoulder charge, whatever from a long layoff

Butcher - Does he come in and walk straight into Radleys role? Is he filling in the spot until Liu is fit next week or week after? Does he go for 50 minutes, where he has an average of about 45 over that time at lock (currently priced around that)?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Why are people upset at more trades?

Haven't caught up on the thread yet but this is my thoughts. After this I won't discuss it again and will look to make the best of the situation

Put simply, it rewards those that made short term decisions. Prior to round 1 we were already in a global pandemic, where the fact that the games could potentially not go ahead was widely know. By round 2 we were playing in front of no crowds. And despite this some people still took risks on players with short term job security. Some of them paid off like Horsburgh, Kennedy and Katoa. Some of them didn't like Flegler, Hopoate, Guler etc.

Still despite this, the decision was made to bail these players out by having 2x rounds of 4 trades so restart the season. Those that made those early gambles were able to get a starting team on the park. Those that made more conservative decisions to start the year could bank some trades and come home with a wet sail. Happy days all round.

This decisions to add extra trades pure and simply rewards those that were in camp A, along with those that have max traded. A prime example of this is Lone Scout himself. He made some poor trade decisions grabbing all 4 of Fogarty, Clune, Paix and Clark. Going with 1 or even 2 of these guys was risky as they could disappear any time (Fogarty had Tyrone Roberts behind him, Clune has chance of Hunt back to halves, Paix looked set for a split role with Broncos chasing an experienced hooker, Clark has Rein and Peats ready to pounce). Sometimes those risks pay off, your player scores a try and you make a bunch of cash. Sometimes those risks don't and you end up burning trades on a dud cow. I've been in both of these camps at various points in my fantasy career.

Adding these extra trades rewards short term decision making, choosing bad fantasy picks and is incredibly short term thinking. While I don't think it will personally impact my final ranking, it will provide a huge advantage to those at the top that have max traded. They will now be able to use 4 trades this round, strengthen their team by grabbing extra guns and leave no opportunity to be caught from behind

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:03 am

Good post MS.  Helping shit coaches like CK and LS. Mad
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

The worry I'd have with Croft is not his scoring, but that he'll be the one hooked for Dearden if the Broncos lose either of their next two games. It might be Milford, but it seems 50/50. Don't know what any forum Broncos fans think...

Thanks for that... hadn't thought about that. I'd have assumed Milford would go before him, but any doubt makes me doubt the doubtful trade even more.

I'm seriously starting to think I'm going to trade out Paix to Niu for whatever cash I can scrounge up with that one and just run with Drinkwater in the halves until Moses is back and hope for the best. I just don't really like any trades this week, to be honest, and like someone else said above... I feel like any other trades I'd make would be for the sake of it, rather than being wise trades. I might just hope that holding fire benefits me down the line.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:I am a bit wary of Butcher and Young.

Young - Decent player but who knows when/if Bateman will be back and he is one stupid high tackle, shoulder charge, whatever from a long layoff

Butcher - Does he come in and walk straight into Radleys role? Is he filling in the spot until Liu is fit next week or week after? Does he go for 50 minutes, where he has an average of about 45 over that time at lock (currently priced around that)?

I think Young is clearly undervalued and has better job security. But his ceiling is the bottom of your 17. Butcher could be a legit keeper if things fall the right way.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 am

Payten just said on the radio that if the Warriors put on the same sort of performance they did vs the Storm then non-performing players will get dropped & won't get picked again.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 am

wolfking wrote:Good post MS.  Helping shit coaches like CK and LS. Mad

Next thing we see "Great news, Rudolf is now frf/2rf because I need all the help I can get" - LS.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    Adding these extra trades rewards short term decision making, choosing bad fantasy picks and is incredibly short term thinking. While I don't think it will personally impact my final ranking, it will provide a huge advantage to those at the top that have max traded. They will now be able to use 4 trades this round, strengthen their team by grabbing extra guns and leave no opportunity to be caught from behind

THIS. This guys in the top 50 odd who have max traded and some how grabbed guys like Tedesco, Ponga, Cleary, DCE, Cook, Haas, Lolo, McInness and not letting cows fully mature while others were holding Pappy/Drinkwater, Lucy/Katoa, Mann/Luai, Rudolf and saving trades as we were in for a long season and some of those may need to be season keepers. This allows those guys in the top 50 to either max trade for those Teddy's/Cleary's and get further ahead after a fortnight of shocking injuries, when other players should be catching up to that group.

I know myself I am not ready to sell Drinkwater, Lucy, Rudolf as they can make more money, and I don't have enough cash itb to go up to those guns without going cows, which I already have most of. So these trades only benefit giving me more to run in the back end of the season, but I feel I will just lag behind the rest who are trading in Guns this week.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 am

The thing with Hudson Young is that he's a dirty player.....if in the heat of battle he gets hot headed he could easily revert to trying the cheap shots. However who else especially a forward do we have because all the cheapies are backs.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 am

Lone Scout has been tweeting people who complained, asking what trades they would have made differently. Anyone here answered?

I said I would probably have gone SMat. I was somewhat of a fan of him here but didn't want to take the injury risk.
    Possibly I would have gone Reece Robson too, but I suspect that the deciding factor against getting Reece was injuries elsewhere rather than lack of total trades. Might still get him next week, but I worry its too late
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 am

Pearce and Macca still hugely interesting to me
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Lone Scout has been tweeting people who complained, asking what trades they would have made differently. Anyone here answered?

I said I would probably have gone SMat. I was somewhat of a fan of him here but didn't want to take the injury risk.
    Possibly I would have gone Reece Robson too, but I suspect that the deciding factor against getting Reece was injuries elsewhere rather than lack of total trades. Might still get him next week, but I worry its too late

His tweet replies have annoyed me more than the actual two extra trade issue.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

Is it too late to jump on Fogarty. Cheers.

Also what's the magic number again.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Pearce and Macca still hugely interesting to me

I regret buying Macca tbh. Could've got Fotuaika for a similar price at the time.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 am

Why Did RCG get so many last week?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 am