NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday Empty NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:43 am

BREAK EVEN'S:

Spoiler:

MTBs Site - Stats, Break Evens, Match Centre, Interchange Times, Price Predictor, Team Builder
    http://www.footystatistics.com/

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Question Thread
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1343-nrl-fantasy-2020-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-thread

Assistant Coach Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f11-assistant-coach

Community Team Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f12-celeb-community-team
    Stew
    Stew

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by Stew Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:50 am

Firstew
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 77 - Two Thirds Left of a Team List Tuesday

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 am

FWIW @Fraser, I'll (most likely) be trading out Haas as well (i have the same number of trades).

My decision is made easier if Siro is out.. means Id have to play HTF... (with hetho and wiliame also red dots)

Risk/Reward, probably time to go for it
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:40 am

my tv broke wrote:FWIW @Fraser, I'll (most likely) be trading out Haas as well (i have the same number of trades).

My decision is made easier if Siro is out.. means Id have to play HTF... (with hetho and wiliame also red dots)

Risk/Reward, probably time to go for it

Thanks mate, I figure it's my last chance to make some inroads this season. Currently sitting a disappointing 1200ish rank so nothing to lose really
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:45 am

I might actually hold the Hampton trade and see if there is a better option to downgrade when I bring Haas back.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 am

Pick one:

a) Young and Grant -> McInnes and Barnett + 63k

b) Young and Grant -> McInnes and someone less than 689k

c) Young and Grant -> Cook and someone less than 750k (anyone from Yeo or less)

d) Young and Grant -> Fifita and Koroisau + 27k

e) Young and Grant -> two other players around Fifita and Koroisau’s price
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:05 am

If Fermor gets the starting spot for a while I’m probably gonna have to get him.

Feels like a wasted trade incoming
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:07 am

FalconSloth wrote:Pick one:

a) Young and Grant -> McInnes and Barnett + 63k

b) Young and Grant -> McInnes and someone less than 689k

c) Young and Grant -> Cook and someone less than 750k (anyone from Yeo or less)

d) Young and Grant -> Fifita and Koroisau + 27k

e) Young and Grant -> two other players around Fifita and Koroisau’s price

All else being equal I like Fifita and Api out of those options. Do you have any coverage requirements? Would you rather hold some cash back for future upgrades/injury replacements?
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:10 am

What are some of the best options under 300k?
    I'd take hampton at 212k as a dpp wfb ctr but don't trust his job security. Ogden is dpp frf 2rf might look at him.
    At this point, just need a warm body who should play every round and is ideally dpp as depth?
    panthercraig
    panthercraig

Post by panthercraig Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am

I agree with Farington, Fifita and Api looks good depending on coverage.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:15 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:What are some of the best options under 300k?
    I'd take hampton at 212k as a dpp wfb ctr but don't trust his job security. Ogden is dpp frf 2rf might look at him.
    At this point, just need a warm body who should play every round and is ideally dpp as depth?

I dont mind Koloamatangi especially with Knight out this week and Siro possibly injured
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:17 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

All else being equal I like Fifita and Api out of those options. Do you have any coverage requirements? Would you rather hold some cash back for future upgrades/injury replacements?

The only positions I don’t have cover for are FRF and CTR. But I am keeping Haas so if both Carrigan and Fotuaika play this week I just have to hope nothin goes wrong next week. Having another hooker allows me to have Hunt as cover for half and Tevaga for SRF. I like this option for Fifita’s value
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:17 am

If I had 6 or so trades left id definitely be trading Hass. This is your chance to make use of those extra trades. Most will have to hold Hass width questionable depth to cover
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:24 am

If Munster can be named this week I’ll be very relieved. But obviously since I held him this time there is no chance of that happening. 0.000001%.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:34 am

Honey Badger wrote:If I had 6 or so trades left id definitely be trading Hass. This is your chance to make use of those extra trades. Most will have to hold Hass width questionable depth to cover

That's my thinking. I can trade Haas to anyone (a problem in itself, decisions), but ideally I get two weeks of 60s vs HTF's two weeks of..what..  20s ? That's an 80pt difference. Holmes pretty close to a return could push HTF out as well.

It would also mean keeping Pearce, who has been underwhelming, but certainly capable of bigger scores.

So *anyone* + Pearce VS HTF + Pearce replacement (up to around 760k), for two weeks

With 4 red dots it also seems a bit counter intuitive to trade out Pearce right now.

The other fun decision is trying to decide on a ctr to replace Aubbs, and I refuse to spend more than what Aubbs is worth right now.

Haas replacement options..
    Cook - three poor scores in a row now.. surely that has to change? I haven't been watching Souths games..
    DCE - puts the team on his back.
    Bateman - big time POD
    Hunt - he's in 92 of the top 100 teams and hasn't scored below 67 in four games starting at hooker.
    Dfifita - obviously history of big scores if he has a dig
    Matterson - probably not taking the risk but he's another great option if he stays fit.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:41 am; edited 4 times in total
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:36 am

So far this season I have passed on Lomax, Crichton, Best and Peachey (I got Croker instead when they where the same price) and I don’t mean just not getting them but openly saying that they would be bad options (only for the first three, I just didn’t notice peachey). If I started with lomax and got Crichton when he was cheap I would have saved 5 trades in centres which I could have used on upgrading other positions
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:37 am

my tv broke wrote:

That's my thinking. I can trade Haas to anyone (a problem in itself, decisions), but ideally I get two weeks of 60s vs HTF's two weeks of..what..  20s ? That's an 80pt difference. Holmes pretty close to a return could push HTF out as well.

It would also mean keeping Pearce, who has been underwhelming, but certainly capable of bigger scores.

So *anyone* + Pearce VS HTF + Pearce replacement (up to around 760k), for two weeks

Now the fun decision is trying to decision on a ctr to replace Aubbs, refuse to spend more than Aubbs price tag though

Just choose the gun thats gonna score the most over the next two weeks!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Just choose the gun thats gonna score the most over the next two weeks!

Whoever scored highest last week, yeah?

Had a dream last night that Andrew Fifita was a great pick up for the run home haha
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:46 am

FalconSloth wrote:So far this season I have passed on Lomax, Crichton, Best and Peachey (I got Croker instead when they where the same price) and I don’t mean just not getting them but openly saying that they would be bad options (only for the first three, I just didn’t notice peachey). If I started with lomax and got Crichton when he was cheap I would have saved 5 trades in centres which I could have used on upgrading other positions

That basically applies to most of the forum that don't have Lomax

I did Watkins in R2 and Watkins out R3 Bang
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:52 am

FalconSloth wrote:So far this season I have passed on Lomax, Crichton, Best and Peachey (I got Croker instead when they where the same price) and I don’t mean just not getting them but openly saying that they would be bad options (only for the first three, I just didn’t notice peachey). If I started with lomax and got Crichton when he was cheap I would have saved 5 trades in centres which I could have used on upgrading other positions

What is the lesson though? I don't think there is one tbh.

I started with Lomax, but he never seemed like a great buy. Fb, then to wing, seemed like he might get dropped, finally ended up in the centre spot. By the time he was looking consistent, he was too expensive

Best was a great buy, I didn't get him myself, but he ended up having injury problems (why many were wary).

Crichton started with a boom, but was on the bench, was never assured (early on) of a starting spot. He locked it down though and keeps scoring tries. Great pick up for those that got him.

I bought Capewell instead, obviously he blew up with injury.

Peachey, again, it is hindsight that showed him to be a good buy. The titans were swapping around players/rotations consistently.. if you jumped on early it was a huge risk.

There isn't anything to learn for next year imo.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:24 am