NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NSW Blues

    Share

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2436
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am

    @Bren wrote:
    Didnt his parents move to Redcliffe before he turned 1? Also attended school there and played junior footy for the Redcliffe Dolphins.

    Embarassed Lol
    To pick a QLDer who actually played junior footy in QLD I must be the unluckiest bloke alive.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1392
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:27 am

    @leaguegod wrote:i think while it may be eligible for australia now, he still won't be able to play for nsw due to playing no junior footy here

    Yeah thats it.
    But its crazy, it should just go to the senior club he played for.
    Or common sense should come in and he should be able to play for who ever he chooses.

    Inglis played no Jr footy in QLD yet plays for them. There is a whole slew of them for both sides.

    The selection criteria is still a joke.

    If he is an aussie citizen, and can play for australia, he should be able to play origin.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3882
    Reputation : 727
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 am

    Your Name wrote:
    To pick a QLDer who actually played junior footy in QLD I must be the unluckiest bloke alive.

    You couldn't picked the other 90% of QLDers and been right.

    To be fair both sides have done it, QLD have just done it with bigger names and in a few cases completely bending the rules.

    Come to think of it between TBA Inglis and Langer they've made some dodgy calls over the years.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1392
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am

    @Dip wrote:As a Queenslander I'm surprised about some of the calls by supporters (not universal calls, but call by some of you):
    1. Dropping Hoffman and Merrin? Hoffman's been one of your best and Merrin's been okay.
    2. Jennings and J Morris should be clearly first in line for the centre spots. For a number of years we've had by far the best backline, but in the last 2 or 3 season's our centres haven't dominated due to the effect of those guys. I like Roberts, but, and I say this as a Broncos supporter, I want to see it a couple of years in a row before I anoint him the next big thing. Yeah he's an attacking weapon, but I have no qualms with him at right centre up against Inglis. Not sure I'd say the same in reverse if I was a NSW'man. He might fight for a wing spot with a few others (B Moz is a lock).
    3. Pearce. Lol. Years later and we QLDers still find it funny that people are talking about picking him.
    4. Josh Reynolds isn't up to origin standard. Neither is Blake Austin. Adam Reynolds I think rides on the coat tales of other players, but I'd prefer to give him a chance and see what he can do, particularly seeing how important the kicking game is in origin.

    I'll give you 1 - sure. Merrin is 100% in my 17, if not 13. Hoffman though, yeah hes good, but there comes a time to not pick a good player and pick a younger bloke with some actual upside.

    2. Ok. I would love to see Roberts on the wing. He would be totally fine in SOO playing on the wing IMO. The problem is, they will pick Fergo or Hoppa over him.
    3. Totally agree.
    4. Josh Reynolds is our only 6 who has won a series in for ever.
    Austin? How the hell do you know that? He's never played, so until he plays, then no, you cant say that. I cant say he is - but he deserves a shot. We literally know Jrey has what it takes to help his team win a series so at this stage he is my 6.

    At this stage - and i posted it a few pages back but this is my team
    Tedesco
    Roberts
    Jennings
    Morris
    Morris
    JRey
    Hodkinson
    Woods
    Farah
    Tamou
    Graham
    Frizzel
    Merrin

    Jack Bird
    Fifita
    Klemmer
    Greg Bird/Hoffman

    Dugan is my first person picked if there is any injury in the outside backs.
    I know he will be picked at fullback most likely, but a kid can dream right


    Last edited by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

    Krump

    Posts : 2281
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Krump on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:35 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Yeah thats it.
    But its crazy, it should just go to the senior club he played for.
    Or common sense should come in and he should be able to play for who ever he chooses.

    Inglis played no Jr footy in QLD yet plays for them. There is a whole slew of them for both sides.

    The selection criteria is still a joke.

    If he is an aussie citizen, and can play for australia, he should be able to play origin.
    It was tightened up because of the likes of Inglis and the slew from both sides.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1392
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:41 am

    @Krump wrote:
    It was tightened up because of the likes of Inglis and the slew from both sides.

    Yeah Im aware of that, but its still stupid.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 573
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 pm

    @Pieman wrote:
    Hoffman though, yeah hes good, but there comes a time to not pick a good player and pick a younger bloke with some actual upside.

    i think you pick hoffman till you actually believe that the younger players are better then him, which is not the case, apart from probably wade graham


    someone beau scott is different because most would agree that there is a several younger edge forwards who could do a better job, he played his role well and generally did what nsw wanted from but his time should be over

    Pieman

    Posts : 1392
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:36 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:

    i think you pick hoffman till you actually believe that the younger players are better then him, which is not the case, apart from probably wade graham


    someone beau scott is different because most would agree that there is a several younger edge forwards who could do a better job, he played his role well and generally did what nsw wanted from but his time should be over

    Yeah I agree with the Beau Scott stuff, but I think there are young blokes who can do a better job than Hoffman at this stage in his career.
    He has been brilliant for NSW in the past but there needs to be a changing of the guard. It should have been done 4 series ago.
    Wade Graham has one spot in my team, Tyson Frizzel has the other.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6864
    Reputation : 707
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by SI on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:47 pm

    As a Queenslander I hope you don't pick Graham and Frizell any time soon.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 573
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:47 pm

    i'm not as sold on frizzel, good player, should be in contention for a bench spot but not good enough to pushing the hoff out from starting, he's been to reliable for us on the edge

    Dip

    Posts : 778
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Dip on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 pm

    I'd go as far as saying that if Gallen retires or is dropped, then I'd have Ryan Hoffman as captain of NSW.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1392
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:19 pm

    Gallen wont be dropped and he wont retire from rep footy this year, as much as I wish he would.
    He will be picked at lock, and will be Captain and will hog the ball and whinge and cry like he always does. His time has passed.

    Im happy with peoples opinion's on hoffman, but I just want change. Im sick of the old warhorses being picked year in year out, I want them to do what they should have done years ago and blood younger guys. Its part of the reason we are effed if farah is out - Oh wait we have Ennis, awesome.

    Blood Peats/Jack Bird/Rein on the bench and give him game time with the thought of starting him next year or the year after.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6864
    Reputation : 707
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by SI on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:i'm not as sold on frizzel, good player, should be in contention for a bench spot but not good enough to pushing the hoff out from starting, he's been to reliable for us on the edge
    Is Hoffman playing on next year?  I haven't looked.  But nice to have a bloke like Frizell waiting in the wings-he was born for Origin.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 573
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:47 pm

    i don't believe in blooding players in origin, pick the best players


    the origin camps (both the pre season and real ones) are for introducing players to the arena, the games are for the best 17 to out there and try to win. blooding a hooker for 10 minutes this year doesn't suddenly make him ready to take over.



    Re gal, if he plays consistent footy like he did post origin last year, i'm happy to pick him. but if he is constantly injured like the first half of last year, then i think we should look at moving on

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6864
    Reputation : 707
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by SI on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:59 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:i don't believe in blooding players in origin, pick the best players


    the origin camps (both the pre season and real ones) are for introducing players to the arena, the games are for the best 17 to out there and try to win. blooding a hooker for 10 minutes this year doesn't suddenly make him ready to take over.



    Re gal, if he plays consistent footy like he did post origin last year, i'm happy to pick him. but if he is constantly injured like the first half of last year, then i think we should look at moving on
    Worked a treat with Buhrer  Razz

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2436
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:12 pm

    Didn't the blood DCE ?

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7970
    Reputation : 1158
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Bren on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 pm

    Your Name wrote:Didn't the blood DCE ?
    Sure did, until a better utility in Morgan came along.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2436
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:58 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    Sure did, until a better utility in Morgan came along.

    Keary ?

    Dip

    Posts : 778
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Dip on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:08 pm

    DCE has been a fantastic bench player for us in the past. It's only when he's been asked to lead a team at halfback that he hasn't gone well.

    Mearcats

    Posts : 1055
    Reputation : 156
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Mearcats on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 pm

    Wait, Honeysett, you're honestly not calling Alan Langer anything other that a Queenslander right?

    Or are you just griping that Wayne bought him back from SL to shatter your hopes and dreams in SOO 3?

      Current date/time is Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 am