NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NSW Blues - Page 6 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:Wait, Honeysett, you're honestly not calling Alan Langer anything other that a Queenslander right?

Or are you just griping that Wayne bought him back from SL to shatter your hopes and dreams in SOO 3?

Oh Langer is as QLD as XXXX, my point was the SOS he received to come and play in a competition he wasn't apart of.

Dodgy as it comes those swifty QLDers.

I may be able to get up to Suncorp this year in the commissions keep rolling in like they are. Would have to walk down Caxton street again, one of the best experiences I've had.

It started off with a little bit of nerves

How fucked are they going to be?

Then you turn the corner and they're all smashed at the pub hanging out the windows.

This isn't so bad.

Then when one of them sees you, all of them see you.

"KKKKKKKUEEEENSLANDDDDAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

Such an awesome experience.

Then you cop it all the way down the street. Funny thing was they were whisper quiet when we walked back up Caxton street after game 1, 2004.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Hahaha, I'll 100% agree that the "SOS" was a right farce. And I'll also agree 100% that there is simply nothing like walking down the Caxton on SOO day.

In my family there is 5 kids. My sister and I born in QLD and the other three born in NSW. When the bullshit about eligibility started rolling around we reckon we already had it sorted. I was born in QLD so I went for QLD. It's my state of ORIGIN. The other three go for NSW.

During the year the whole family are Broncs supporters but come SOO time, it's on. So each year when I go to the SOO back home (missed the last two years due to being in China) I have to walk down the street in my jersey proud as punch next to my two bros dressed in Blue.

Honestly, I dunno which boys in blue cop it more, the NSW or the cops at the Caxto Hotel.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Then when one of them sees you, all of them see you.

"KKKKKKKUEEEENSLANDDDDAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

Fuck it. I laughed.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

I wanted to up-vote and down-vote Honeysett on that one. Up-vote for the "Axe" battlecry, down for the ending line...
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Have just checked dates for this years series and seems I'll miss it again.

I move back to Aus on the 7th of May and will be in QLD til the 12th of June and then down to Geelong. May have to get to ANZ for game three!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:I wanted to up-vote and down-vote Honeysett on that one. Up-vote for the "Axe" battlecry, down for the ending line...

I'll never forget the dumb blonde at the end of game 3, 2014. The convo went something like this.

"fuuuuck ya blue dogs, we just smashed you,"
    "2 is a bigger number than 1, must feel nice to win a dead rubber"
    "fuck youuuu, why do you cunts have VB on your shirts Victoria isn't in NSW"
    "probably the same reason your shirts are maybe by Canterbury. NZ isn't in QLD isn't it? Geography never was a strong point for QLDers "
    *dumb blonde is lost at this stage*
    " baaabe this guy just called me a cunt"
    BF: "shut up bitch, no he didn't and you're acting like a fuckhead"
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Hahaha! My earliest memories of SOO are about 7 years old. When the game was still played at Lang Park and it had a hill. In the bottom corner between the hill and the grandstand was where all the New South Welshman (who couldn't afford a stand ticket) would congregate. The hill and the stand were seperated by a wire mesh fence.

It seemed to me at the tender age of 7 that the Queensland blokes got more entertainment out of pissing full beers at the Blues supporters and heckling the shit outta them than they did out of watching the game. I can't recall if beers were still served stubbies or plastic cups had been introduced by then.

Ever since I've loved live sporting events. I'd really like to go to ANZ and sit in amongst the Blatchy Blues just to feel that hostility but the biggest problem is that nowadays, things have changed. Instead of hurling full beers and abuse some drunk twat would probably belt the shit outta me if I heckled back during the game.

Also, if there is one thing that defs stands out after attending SOO in QLD and heading to the pub afterwards, the amount of poor blokes who have to settle their loud mouthed ladies down is appalling. I've had a few laughs about it for sure but I think I've cringed about it more!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Oh mate they don't know when to shut the fuck up. They really don't. If they knew what they were talking about I wouldn't mind as much but the fact they've got no idea doesn't help.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:40 am

Yup, as I said, with two brothers as Blues supporters, either of us cop it EVERYTIME after a game when we go out!

Last episode...

Chick: yeaaaahhhh, how good was that game!?! Taught those blues khunts!
    Bro 1: yeah, you guys played well
    *Chick is pissed and looking at the three of us*
    Chick: Are you three brothers?
    Me: Yep
    Chick: WTF!?! Why are they wearing Blues jerseys?
    Bro 2: Because we were born in NSW
    Chick: Why are you wearing a QLD jersey?
    Me: Cos I was born in QLD.
    Chick: Well thats just fuckern stupid, are youse like inbred or something?

At this point I thought it was best just to give up. I spend a LOT of time with drunk people owning a bar but drunk STUPID people just grates on my nerves and I kind of have a tendency to speak my mind and open my mouth before I think about the consequences. Lol. Besides, in her state she wasn't gonna get it....

...So after she went back to my brothers place for the night, he explained to her the next morning while giving her the ultimate walk of shame out the front door! Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:47 am

Mearcats wrote:I wanted to up-vote and down-vote Honeysett on that one. Up-vote for the "Axe" battlecry, down for the ending line...

Another NSW origin legend
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:03 am

leaguegod wrote:i don't believe in blooding players in origin, pick the best players

the origin camps (both the pre season and real ones) are for introducing players to the arena, the games are for the best 17 to out there and try to win. blooding a hooker for 10 minutes this year doesn't suddenly make him ready to take over.

Re gal, if he plays consistent footy like he did post origin last year, i'm happy to pick him. but if he is constantly injured like the first half of last year, then i think we should look at moving on

It sure as hell is the best way to give him match experience.
    QLD did it with Cronk.
    They did it with DCE.
    They are doing it with morgan.

Put a bloke on the bench and plan to give him a bit if time at hook and a bit of time running around in the back row - with the vision of him starting in the next few years.

IMO, Austin or J Bird is the best person for this.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:00 pm

So Bmoz has suffered another setback with his knee.
    If he doesnt get with a decent amount of time before origin, who is his direct replacement, presuming the outside backs are the same as last year.

Tupou? Roberts? Mansour?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Pieman wrote:So Bmoz has suffered another setback with his knee.
    If he doesnt get with a decent amount of time before origin, who is his direct replacement, presuming the outside backs are the same as last year.

Tupou? Roberts? Mansour?

With Dugan playing CTR at club level where does he line up for NSW? FB, CTR or W? Maybe he could play on the wing like Hayne did provided he is given a licence to roam and inject himself when needed. Tedesco or Moylan could slot into the FB slot.

Food for thought.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Bren wrote:

With Dugan playing CTR at club level where does he line up for NSW? FB, CTR or W? Maybe he could play on the wing like Hayne did provided he is given a licence to roam and inject himself when needed. Tedesco or Moylan could slot into the FB slot.

Food for thought.

Personally, I love Dugan on the wing. I would be surprised if he played centre all year for the dragons tho.
    He can do all stuff he does well without hogging the ball all the time.More than happy to have Tedesco or Moylan as 1.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Pieman wrote:

It sure as hell is the best way to give him match experience.
    QLD did it with Cronk.
    They did it with DCE.
    They are doing it with morgan.

Put a bloke on the bench and plan to give him a bit if time at hook and a bit of time running around in the back row - with the vision of him starting in the next few years.

IMO, Austin or J Bird is the best person for this.

Nah I'm with LG on this one Pieman.

QLD have only gone down this path because we have had the luxury of longevity in the halves and new blokes coming through pushing their claims.
    It's certainly not a selection approach I would be taking for the sake of it.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:48 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

QLD have only gone down this path because we have had the luxury of longevity in the halves and new blokes coming through pushing their claims.

To be fair, the only reason QLD have had longevity in the halves is becuase you pricks cant make your mind up whether you want Pearce/Maloney/Mullen/Carney/Hodkinson/Reynolds/im sure there more ive forgotten about. Should have just picked Carney and Pearce years ago, put a chastity belt on Carney, and stuck with them.

If Austin isnt in the 17 for NSW all 3 games this year, itll be another 4-5 years in a row of NSW positional instabilty with no obvious heir apparent.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 am

ryno_ wrote:

To be fair, the only reason QLD have had longevity in the halves is becuase you pricks cant make your mind up whether you want Pearce/Maloney/Mullen/Carney/Hodkinson/Reynolds/im sure there more ive forgotten about. Should have just picked Carney and Pearce years ago, put a chastity belt on Carney, and stuck with them.

If Austin isnt in the 17 for NSW all 3 games this year, itll be another 4-5 years in a row of NSW positional instabilty with no obvious heir apparent.

Tend to agree that NSW only have themselves to blame, the funny thing is that they still haven't learnt their lesson.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Pearce has been easily their best half for the last 5 odd years now.

In Carney's absence Maloney is the second best half but for some reason fell out of favour.
    JReynolds is probably the bloke that could challenge, if he were to sort his shit out.

Hodkinson is pure and utter shit but funnily enough has been (undeservedly) propped up with the mot confidence simply because he was a part of the team which won the series.

Simply pick your best halves and then if your best bench is full of forwards, play to your strengths.
    Won't surprise me one bit though if they go and shatter another up and comer's confidence (e.g. Austin) by picking him ahead of his time.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You dont agree with having a bloke on the bench with the idea of having as the starter in a few years?
    Well I will agree to disagree.

QLD have done it for years - Cronk, DCE, Morgan.
    We need to do it with a hooker because we dont have any standout after Farah.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Pieman wrote:
    You dont agree with having a bloke on the bench with the idea of having as the starter in a few years?
    Well I will agree to disagree.

QLD have done it for years - Cronk, DCE, Morgan.
    We need to do it with a hooker because we dont have any standout after Farah.
    If they aren't good enough to make it into the team on their merits they shouldn't get a game just for experience. QLD could afford to do it because their teams were so much better than ours. We need to pick the best 17 for now not for 3 years time.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Krump wrote:
    If they aren't good enough to make it into the team on their merits they shouldn't get a game just for experience. QLD could afford to do it because their teams were so much better than ours. We need to pick the best 17 for now not for 3 years time.
    Or NSW could just pick a utility like Austin.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am