NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NSW Blues

    Share
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:10 am

    Cordner needs to fuck right off. He's rubbish at rep level. I would put Hoffman there for sure, he's been one of our best the lat two years. Friz for impact if he can stay fit.

    I don't rate Merrin at rep level either, we need someone a bit harder and tougher.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7778
    Reputation : 1118
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:11 am

    @Honeysett wrote:Cordner needs to fuck right off. He's rubbish at rep level. I would put Hoffman there for sure, he's been one of our best the lat two years. Friz for impact if he can stay fit.

    I don't rate Merrin at rep level either, we need someone a bit harder and tougher.

    Not friends no more after that Merrin comment mate
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Not friends no more after that Merrin comment mate

    Excellent at NRL level, spud at rep level.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7778
    Reputation : 1118
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:35 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Excellent at NRL level, spud at rep level.

    You're a spud at rep level! cat

    I disagree with the toughness comment, he is always in there throwing it about mate and wasn't Gall moaning last yea when merrin wasn't getting enough game time?

    who would you rather see there over Merrin?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:48 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    You're a spud at rep level!  cat

    I disagree with the toughness comment, he is always in there throwing it about mate and wasn't Gall moaning last yea when merrin wasn't getting enough game time?

    who would you rather see there over Merrin?

    I'd rather have another prop in the side, Evans/Fifita type
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7778
    Reputation : 1118
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:52 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I'd rather have another prop in the side, Evans/Fifita type

    Have to have Merrin in there IMO, especialyl when Gal goes!

    Fifita too penalty prone and has had a few chances to be fair, don't think he has the mentality for it

    leaguegod

    Posts : 711
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:12 am

    my pre season team

    teddy
    morris
    morris
    jennings
    roberts
    mullen/maloney/arey/jrey/austin/soward/sezar - who ever is actually playing well really, i'm open minded here. even pearce if he is back on the field playing well by then
    Hodko
    Woods
    Farah
    Gallen
    Hoffman
    Graham
    Bird

    Tamou
    Klemmer
    Jackson
    Merrin
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1606
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:22 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:Cordner needs to fuck right off. He's rubbish at rep level. I would put Hoffman there for sure, he's been one of our best the lat two years. Friz for impact if he can stay fit.

    I don't rate Merrin at rep level either, we need someone a bit harder and tougher.

    Merrin just doesnt get enough game time. Let the bloke play! Hes got great footwork and an offload but he never gets to use it.

    I would prob genuinely have Hoffman in over Bird or Friz.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1606
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:25 pm

    @Welshy wrote:only just seen Piemans team above,very similar to what i would go with

    I would chuck Jack Bird in as my bench utility.

    These old blokes that have lost so many series need to be punted.
    Its what they should have done years ago.

    And hoppa... just far out... how? why?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8312
    Reputation : 1261
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by SI on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:32 pm

    @Pieman wrote:
    @Welshy wrote:only just seen Piemans team above,very similar to what i would go with

    I would chuck Jack Bird in as my bench utility.

    These old blokes that have lost so many series need to be punted.
    Its what they should have done years ago.

    And hoppa... just far out... how? why?
    You'd probably want JRey starting in the halves then, to cover Farah if he gets injured.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:44 pm

    This gets understated time and time again, I truly believe all we need to do to beat QLD is repeat sets. Pearce didn't get one for something like 3 series. As soon as he had a half that would do that we won origin.

    Give me ARey and get us those repeat sets and we have a huge chance

    leaguegod

    Posts : 711
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:25 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:This gets understated time and time again, I truly believe all we need to do to beat QLD is repeat sets. Pearce didn't get one for something like 3 series. As soon as he had a half that would do that we won origin.

    Give me ARey and get us those repeat sets and we have a huge chance

    Arey had quite a few games last year where he went into his shell, if he is like that this year, do you want him anywhere near the team


    halves have to be on form, we don't have any obvious picks, so pick whoever is playing well to partner the safe solid hodkinson



    leaguegod

    Posts : 711
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    Merrin just doesnt get enough game time. Let the bloke play! Hes got great footwork and an offload but he never gets to use it.

    I would prob genuinely have Hoffman in over Bird or Friz.

    Hoff deserves his spot

    we certainly havn't seen the best of merrin at rep level but he has had his moments, when gal is finished, merrin will be ready for the bigger role
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:45 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:

    Arey had quite a few games last year where he went into his shell, if he is like that this year, do you want him anywhere near the team


    halves have to be on form, we don't have any obvious picks, so pick whoever is playing well to partner the safe solid hodkinson



    We need to look for a permanent and stick with them. ARey is that person.

    Reynolds and Hodkinson could kick QLD to death.
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2398
    Reputation : 384
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Krump on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    We need to look for a permanent and stick with them. ARey is that person.

    Reynolds and Hodkinson could kick QLD to death.
    Except Pearce will play. Even when Soward got a game Pearce did most of the kicking.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4562
    Reputation : 1236
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:08 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Except Pearce will play. Even when Soward got a game Pearce did most of the kicking.

    Daley won't pick Pearce not after what he did, I guarantee it.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1606
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Daley won't pick Pearce not after what he did, I guarantee it.

    100% wont play origin again
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2398
    Reputation : 384
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Krump on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:26 pm

    I really hope you blokes are right.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2758
    Reputation : 688
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:31 pm

    When the yellow dress fracass happened, Daley was vocal about Blues leadership team, sitting down with the guys pre-season, discussing what was required and basically wrote him off that he dropped the ball and wouldn't be picked.

    Haven't heard a peep out of him this time, haven't even heard the media ask him. That concerns me. Surely the opportunity is there to say he once again has cooked his goose and as rev up say that it's opened the door for whoever wants to step up
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1606
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW Blues

    Post by Pieman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

    He was only in the side last year coz JRey couldnt keep his head and body together.
    If he is fit and actually playing this year he is a big shot at playing.

    IMO its out of JRey and Austin with Mullen a very distant third (only coz he is playing with Hodko).

      Current date/time is Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 pm