NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

NSW Blues

Honeysett

Re: NSW Blues

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Your Name wrote:When the yellow dress fracass happened, Daley was vocal about Blues leadership team, sitting down with the guys pre-season, discussing what was required and basically wrote him off that he dropped the ball and wouldn't be picked.

Haven't heard a peep out of him this time, haven't even heard the media ask him. That concerns me. Surely the opportunity is there to say he once again has cooked his goose and as rev up say that it's opened the door for whoever wants to step up

Pearce and the girl with the yellow dress happened very close to Origin selection time though so the pressure was on for him to say something. This time there isn't because people would assume he would be a write off anyway.

There's no point in Daley coming out and saying he won't play if the NRL step in and say he won't be playing at all this year.
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:49 pm

TBH, you know Pearce is going to get picked. I'm a Queenslander but not here to bash on the Blues. I truly think that SOO is the pinnacle of our sport, gets me excited everytime it rolls around.

What would be better though is if selectors (especially on the Blues side) would pick something that works. Of course I can't argue against incumbency etc (QLD does that all the time) but why continue to flog a dead horse? Pearce just can't cut it.

For the sake of the game, I'd like to see some of the teams here mentioned selected (albeit without Hopoate and a few other useless types) just so we could see a real battle!
    Krump

Post by Krump on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Mearcats wrote:TBH, you know Pearce is going to get picked. I'm a Queenslander but not here to bash on the Blues. I truly think that SOO is the pinnacle of our sport, gets me excited everytime it rolls around.

What would be better though is if selectors (especially on the Blues side) would pick something that works. Of course I can't argue against incumbency etc (QLD does that all the time) but why continue to flog a dead horse? Pearce just can't cut it.

For the sake of the game, I'd like to see some of the teams here mentioned selected (albeit without Hopoate and a few other useless types) just so we could see a real battle!
    You don't think it's been a real battle the last few years? Apart from the blowout there has been very little between them, most games have come down to one big play.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Or why say anything when you can remain silent and he goes away gets treatment, plays well for the Roosters and is then picture boy of redemption getting picked for the Blues.

People are arguing it was a private party in someone's home, that he was hard done by, set up, some scumbag looking for a pay day took advantage of him.

I wish I could be confident as you guys. I just think the silence is worrying than an ass covering exercise by Daly.
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Your Name wrote:Or why say anything when you can remain silent and he goes away gets treatment, plays well for the Roosters and is then picture boy of redemption getting picked for the Blues.

People are arguing it was a private party in someone's home, that he was hard done by, set up, some scumbag looking for a pay day took advantage of him.

I wish I could be confident as you guys. I just think the silence is worrying than an ass covering exercise by Daly.

This is 100% what I think is happening bloke. Guy was a dick, goes on TV for a "heartfelt" apology, leaves the country to go to rehab and then returns.

Sounds like a cross between the bibles prodigal son and sweeping it under the rug to me.
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Krump wrote:
    You don't think it's been a real battle the last few years? Apart from the blowout there has been very little between them, most games have come down to one big play.

Most definitely think it's been good for the last few years Krump but I just KNOW that it has the capability of going to another level. But it won't happen until NSW selectors give up on a few guys that potentially don't deserve to be there.

Pieman

Post by Pieman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Mearcats wrote:

This is 100% what I think is happening bloke. Guy was a dick, goes on TV for a "heartfelt" apology, leaves the country to go to rehab and then returns.

Sounds like a cross between the bibles prodigal son and sweeping it under the rug to me.

Sweeping it under the rug? hahaha
    It was national news for a week.

There is not a chance he will be picked for SOO this year, and a very slight chance he will ever be picked again.
    SI

Post by SI on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

Excellent at NRL level, spud at rep level.

You're a spud at rep level!  cat

I disagree with the toughness comment, he is always in there throwing it about mate and wasn't Gall moaning last yea when merrin wasn't getting enough game time?

who would you rather see there over Merrin?
    I've got my eldest walking around saying "You're a towel" ala South Park whenever she hasn't got a comeback for anything  Very Happy
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Most definitely think it's been good for the last few years Krump but I just KNOW that it has the capability of going to another level. But it won't happen until NSW selectors give up on a few guys that potentially don't deserve to be there.

If, if, IF. We could have kicked the field goal in game one we could be looking at back to back winners. The thing is the moments that matter are more often than not won by QLD.

My favourite ever league moment came from Origin 2 when Hodko dummied past DCE to score the try. Cannot explain the complete and utter emotional ecstasy that we went through. Being there year in and year out to see your team lose time and time again, to finally win that series was a moment I'll never forget.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:19 pm

SI wrote:
    I've got my eldest walking around saying "You're a towel" ala South Park whenever she hasn't got a comeback for anything  Very Happy

Hahaha, excellent.

I resort to "so's your face" from Scrubs.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Here's a quote from today in relation to Matt Lodge showing no remorse at a Christmas Party before rehab.

NRL great Mark Geyer said "it's another case of a private moment unnecessarily being made public, similarly to the Mitchell Pearce Australia Day scandal a month ago."

What do they get paid for origin these days ? Does he deserve an additional $60K fine on top of any sanctions already imposed ??
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Team I would pick before the season
    1.Tedesco
    2.BMoz
    3.Dugan
    4.Jmoz
    5.Roberts
    6.Maloney/Sezer/Austin/Mullen/Jreynolds
    7.Pearce/Hodko
    8.Woods
    9.Farah
    10.Tamou
    11.Graham
    12.Jackson
    13.Merrin
    14.Cartwright
    15.Klemmer
    16.Fifita
    17.Cordner/Frizell

Don't want Adam Reynolds anywhere near the team. Goes missing every time Souths forward pack isn't on top
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:

If, if, IF. We could have kicked the field goal in game one we could be looking at back to back winners. The thing is the moments that matter are more often than not won by QLD.

My favourite ever league moment came from Origin 2 when Hodko dummied past DCE to score the try. Cannot explain the complete and utter emotional ecstasy that we went through. Being there year in and year out to see your team lose time and time again, to finally win that series was a moment I'll never forget.

Yup, I went through the NSW 4 odd years of winning as well. Tough time to be a Queenslander. The difference for me is that I couldn't care less is we win one in a row or 10 in a row. That exact game and dummy that you are referring to is vivid in my mind because it meant we had lost the series. It was gut wrenching. Sure, we belted in the next game but by then the damage was already done in my eyes.

The big thing for me as a Queenslander is the scary depth of talent that you guys have coming through the ranks. Sure, we have our own and with guys like Mbye (who has a cool, calm head ala Cronk though not yet on that level), Friend, Napa, Hunt etc but you guys have some genuine game changers. Teddy, Moylan, Friz and the likes. Those guys are going to be starchy. Not looking forward to playing a line up with some of them included.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Yup, I went through the NSW 4 odd years of winning as well. Tough time to be a Queenslander. The difference for me is that I couldn't care less is we win one in a row or 10 in a row. That exact game and dummy that you are referring to is vivid in my mind because it meant we had lost the series. It was gut wrenching. Sure, we belted in the next game but by then the damage was already done in my eyes.

The big thing for me as a Queenslander is the scary depth of talent that you guys have coming through the ranks. Sure, we have our own and with guys like Mbye (who has a cool, calm head ala Cronk though not yet on that level), Friend, Napa, Hunt etc but you guys have some genuine game changers. Teddy, Moylan, Friz and the likes. Those guys are going to be starchy. Not looking forward to playing a line up with some of them included.

I think a lot of NSW young guys would have grown up with ten years of QLD dominance, that's going to be build in hatred for QLD and a will for that never to happen again.

Like the guys you have mentioned there's some awesome talent on both sides.

James Roberts
    Blake Austin
    Jack Wighton
    Aiden Tolman
    Wade Graham
    Ryan James
    Dylan Walker

Tariq Sims
    Nathan Peats
    Matt Moylan
    Alex Johnston
    Adam Reynolds
    Tyson Frizell
    Jack De Belin
    Blake Ferguson
    Kane Evans
    James Tedesco

+ in guys like L Mitchell who are further away but will still be impressive game changers.

I would love a club combo spine like QLD have, minus JT of course. Makes life so much easier when you have the spine and just need the rest to slot in and do their job.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:02 pm

NSW dont really have a quality #9 after Farah retires. Who is next in line? Peats? Is Cook from NSW?
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Bren wrote:NSW dont really have a quality #9 after Farah retires. Who is next in line? Peats? Is Cook from NSW?

Yeah Peats would be next and Cook is from NSW.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Yeah NSW have some amazing talent coming through the ranks. I wouldnt be surprised if they won a few years in a row in the future. I dont see them reaching the heights of the current QLD squad however.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Bren wrote:Yeah NSW have some amazing talent coming through the ranks. I wouldnt be surprised if they won a few years in a row in the future. I dont see them reaching the heights of the current QLD squad however.

Nah I don't think that's possible, 9/10 years is insanely impressive.

Would be happy if that was to happen though obviously haha. Got a few QLDers that I would be absolutely giving it too.
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:43 pm

We shall have a friendly bet regarding the site banner come SOO time I think Honeysett.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Mearcats wrote:We shall have a friendly bet regarding the site banner come SOO time I think Honeysett.
    If NSW win all the QLDers in the banner get two heads?

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 am