NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

NSW Blues - Page 10 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Krump wrote:
    Oh the irony, don't QLD pride themselves on their hatred of us? Do you disagree with anything I said?
    Yes. Your lot have been crying and sooking like babies for years over Inglis.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Bren wrote:
    Yes. Your lot have been crying and sooking like babies for years over Inglis.
    Let's not forget the whole concept had to be changed because of the crying from your mob. What was it 30 odd years in a row?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Krump wrote:
    Let's not forget the whole concept had to be changed because of the crying from your mob. What was it 30 odd years in a row?
    Yeah reference something that I have nothing to do with where as Ive witnessed your lot moaning and crying like sooks for years on the forums. So when is it going to stop? How many series in a row will it take for NSW supporters to stop crying over spilt milk?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 pm

If NSW want to flip the rules for Semi, let them, the last time they moved heaven & earth for a barnstorming fijian winger, they realized he couldn't defend his wing if they gave him a cement mixer & bricks, I've seen nothing from Semi that says to me he'd be any different in that respect.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 pm

Now before I say this I am aware the quality differs severely between these two players and one doesn't even play for the NRL anymore BUT

Mahe Fonua was born in Australia and played all of his junior years in Victoria and made his NRL debut for the Melbourne storm. He is not eligible for QLD or NSW. He was actually born and bred here and he cannot play SOO. Why should Semi be able to? Just because hes a better player? I think that's unfair.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:58 am

atleast uate played junior footy at woy woy, there is no logical argument for semi
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 am

leaguegod wrote:atleast uate played junior footy at woy woy, there is no logical argument for semi

He's barely literate - so he's got the NSW team culture down pat.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 am

Honeysett wrote:Semi has no affiliation under the rules to be considered for NSW, no he can't play.

As good as he is leave it for the players that are born in the state, I can understand that Semi is passionate about NSW but he isn't from NSW.

On another note, fuck we have some young talent coming through. Teddy + the Turbos just to name a few.

There have always been exceptions to the rule, and always will be - and there have always been loopholes and blokes/teams exploiting them and there always will be.

If we can have blokes born in NSW playing for QLD, blokes born in NZ playing for NSW, blokes from the ACT playing for NSW, blokes born in QLD who want to play for QLD but arent eligible for THE STATE THEY WERE BORN IN - then why cant we have a bloke born in Fiji, who is an aussie citizen, lives in the country, wants to play Origin, plays for a NRL club based in the state - who gives a fuck how old he was when he first played a game.

The eligibility rules are a face and have been since the birth of SOO.

Until the rule is - Born in QLD, play for QLD - Born in NSW, play for NSW - the eligibility rules will always be a joke.

If someone is an aussie citizen and is playing in the NRL, IMO, they should be able to play SOO.

Also @bren Its not spilt milk. Its stolen milk that was poured intentionally all over the NSWRL face.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

ryno_ wrote:

He's barely literate - so he's got the NSW team culture down pat.

Well at least people born in NSW can count right? Right?

Coffee
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:35 am

Bren wrote:

Well at least people born in NSW can count right? Right?

Coffee
    I genuinely laughed at this one. Clap Flip Off
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:37 am

@Bren
    You grew up in NSW right? If you go through the rules would you be NSW eligible? Just curiosity.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

Krump wrote:@Bren
    You grew up in NSW right? If you go through the rules would you be NSW eligible? Just curiosity.
    Born in QLD, lived in NSW for about 10 or so years and now am currently back in QLD. However yes under the eligibility rules I would qualify to play for NSW (Have always supported QLD however).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 am

Bren wrote:
    Born in QLD, lived in NSW for about 10 or so years and now am currently back in QLD. However yes under the eligibility rules I would qualify to play for NSW (Have always supported QLD however).

And would you be happy about that?
    Similar situation to Keary.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 am

Pieman wrote:

And would you be happy about that?
    Similar situation to Keary.

Well as I was born in QLD I have always considered myself a QLDer (common sense) even though I spent my childhood/some teenage years in NSW. If I had to play for NSW like Keary I would bring those cunts down from the inside (think Mitchell Pearce).
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 am

I would have been in the same situation and couldn't imagine ever playing for QLD, I'd rather not play origin at all I think.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:01 am

Krump wrote:I would have been in the same situation and couldn't imagine ever playing for QLD, I'd rather not play origin at all I think.

Id rather play for NSW, get paid the 20 or 30 grand and pull a 2002 Hodges. Everyone wins. Except the cockroaches... but fuck em.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 am

Bren wrote:

Well as I was born in QLD I have always considered myself a QLDer (common sense) even though I spent my childhood/some teenage years in NSW. If I had to play for NSW like Keary I would bring those cunts down from the inside (think Mitchell Pearce).

So what you are saying, is the eligibility criteria are a fucking joke still?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:42 am

Pieman wrote:

So what you are saying, is the eligibility criteria are a fucking joke still?

Let me guess you were born in a pie factory in NSW. How many pies in a bakers dozen?
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:08 pm

I think the eligibility rules now are actually pretty close to spot on. I know the Keary situation is odd, but it seems like that is pretty rare under the new rules & we used to get anomalies a lot more regularly.

Place of birth is a lot more cut and dry, but I think you still get the situation of players who were born in a different state but have basically spent the rest of their life in the other and identify them as from those places (Peter Sterling, Billy Moore etc). Billy Moore is a good example. His parents lived in QLD but the closest hospital that did child births was in NSW, so he was in NSW for literally only the week he was in hospital. Doesn't seem fair for him to be classed a NSW player.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 pm

By the way, we all know NSW started this when the picked Steve Rogers in the first SOO. Steve Rogers was born and lived his first 17 years in QLD, including playing at a senior level before moving to join Cronulla in 1973.

QLD have just done it better.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm