NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread

Krump
    Krump

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: SOO Game 3 Comments Thread

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:25 am

There was also the cock eyed cunts double movement and the bullshit knock on call against Wighton.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm

I thought the Wighton strip was unlucky, but I thought the tackle before when Murray stripped it the QLD player was clearly already on the ground so as soon as Murray touches him the tackle is made, so it should have been a penalty to QLD in that instance.

No way was McGuire's try a double movement. The last pass to Tedesco in the last try was okay. I was a bit frustrated about NSW being allowed to slow down the play the ball more than QLD did, but there is some bias in that comment. Overall I thought the refs had a pretty good match and you can't say that the result was because of the refs.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Dip wrote:I thought the Wighton strip was unlucky, but I thought the tackle before when Murray stripped it the QLD player was clearly already on the ground so as soon as Murray touches him the tackle is made, so it should have been a penalty to QLD in that instance.

No way was McGuire's try a double movement. The last pass to Tedesco in the last try was okay. I was a bit frustrated about NSW being allowed to slow down the play the ball more than QLD did, but there is some bias in that comment. Overall I thought the refs had a pretty good match and  you can't say that the result was because of the refs.
    The stats don't agree re NSW getting away with slowing the play the ball speed. Qld's average PTB was 0.4 seconds faster than ours was, obviously thats not taking into account when and where it's happening but its still significant.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Refs were ok. Not great but they didnt impact the result which I guess is as good as you can really hope for.

What cost QLD the game is the same thing that roots them every game of the last decade. The 55-70min period, where our busted arse forward pack meander around the park and the backline forget to pressure the ball players. Then their second wind hits and 70-79:40 they suddenly look like rep players again.

Thought Cook was a better choice for Wally Lewis Medal then Teddy but he had a blinder of a series so understand the selection. He'd be a close 2nd for mine but hey.

The whole "redemption" angle with Fergo is a bit much. He was convicted of sexually assaulting someone - do we really want to say that he's redeemed himself because of a football match result? Spare me.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm

ryno_ wrote:  

The whole "redemption" angle with Fergo is a bit much. He was convicted of sexually assaulting someone - do we really want to say that he's redeemed himself because of a football match result? Spare me.
    Haven't heard any of this, was it a channel nine thing?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Krump wrote:
    Haven't heard any of this, was it a channel nine thing?

nrl.com & news.com.au both running stories with it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 pm

ryno_ wrote:

nrl.com & news.com.au both running stories with it.
    Wankers
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Ice wrote:The only call I though was terrible was when NSW rolled (Qld?) back into the ingoal and one ref was there zjohhny on the spot, and called held in goal and then the other ref came from miles away to say penalty Qld when clearly momentum in the tackle took the player back. Otherwise, though they blew the whistle too much in the first half, there were no howlers.

yeah that was a shocker - he was basically already in the ingoal, or was well on his way to being held there - then the dipshit runs in and goes Nooooopeeee that a flop
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 pm

I admittedly can only see out of Blue eyes but I thought the big calls went QLDs way throughout the game. Frizzell getting penalised for flopping in isn't a thing if the guy is already in the in goal which he was. He literally just pushed his legs over. Wighton was clearly stripped of the ball and Fox scored and its game over. Why they wouldn't at least go to the Bunker for that is beyond me, considering for every single try for us he went up to find something wrong with it. Saying that though while McGuire does lift his arm he doesn't promote the ball forward so momentum has got him over the line and should have been a try.
    As far as the Ferguson redemption stuff, it's not in reference to his sexual assault stuff that he's redeemed. It's from a NSW standpoint from a player that was stood down and kicked out for getting on the piss. It's being read too far into as something that it's not.

Freely admit to crying at the end of the game with joy. Went absolutely mental!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 pm

quick thanks to everyone for proving my point, discussion has moved to calls that should've been blown, the vast majority in the second half... so when they're blowing penalties, they're doing the wrong thing, but when they're not blowing penalties, there also doing the wrong thing, commentators and media have created a no-win situation for the referees,

I clearly heard a referee say "I called himself offside 4 times and he didn't listen" and Gus & Co. were still screaming bloody murder about the call. But sure, maybe next year they should play Origin no referees, just self-policing and revel in the resulting fast-paced non-stop back and forth.......... Oh shit, that's right, i forgot that when players are left to their own devices, they'd prefer to slow the game down to a crawl and waste as much time as possible, i'm sure that would do wonders for the fatigue that the fuckfaces with microphones are so desperate for...
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm

surmo13 wrote:quick thanks to everyone for proving my point, discussion has moved to calls that should've been blown, the vast majority in the second half... so when they're blowing penalties, they're doing the wrong thing, but when they're not blowing penalties, there also doing the wrong thing, commentators and media have created a no-win situation for the referees,

I clearly heard a referee say "I called himself offside 4 times and he didn't listen" and Gus & Co. were still screaming bloody murder about the call. But sure, maybe next year they should play Origin no referees, just self-policing and revel in the resulting fast-paced non-stop back and forth.......... Oh shit, that's right, i forgot that when players are left to their own devices, they'd prefer to slow the game down to a crawl and waste as much time as possible, i'm sure that would do wonders for the fatigue that the fuckfaces with microphones are so desperate for...

Where has everyone done that? Dip is the only person that even lightly touches on it. I will however back the call that commentators are shocking for targeting the refs. It creates a bad culture especially when they're doing their job.

It's clear as day to see that when the game is played at a high paced tempo that QLD can't match NSW for 80 minutes, the less penalties blown the better for NSW.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:quick thanks to everyone for proving my point, discussion has moved to calls that should've been blown, the vast majority in the second half... so when they're blowing penalties, they're doing the wrong thing, but when they're not blowing penalties, there also doing the wrong thing, commentators and media have created a no-win situation for the referees,

I agree with you to a large extent. I can’t stand commentators calling that shit and it’s very rare you’ll hear me bitch about a ref that isn’t in a bunker. 
    The issue with origin is that it’s never been reffed like an nrl game so that’s what people expect but they change how they ref not only from game to game but throughout the game. I’d be happy with a clear edict before the series then stick to it. 
    It’s the same shit at the start of every season when they pick a rule out of a hat to crack down on and then either give up because of the media or stop the crackdown just as it’s starting to work. I don’t blame the refs for any of it either, I’m sure they’d love nothing more than to just police the rules instead of coaching.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Where has everyone done that? Dip is the only person that even lightly touches on it. I will however back the call that commentators are shocking for targeting the refs. It creates a bad culture especially when they're doing their job.

It's clear as day to see that when the game is played at a high paced tempo that QLD can't match NSW for 80 minutes, the less penalties blown the better for NSW.
    You’re spot on about the culture. A friend of mine had to put in a report to nswrl last week because of parents abusing a kid reffing an u10’s game
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 pm

I had to apologize to a 15-16yr old ref 2 weeks ago because our parents U/11 were abusing him. People need to wake up to themselves. The kids count points whether its official or not. They know if they win or lose. They know when decisions are shit. But the same afternoon they're catching caterpillars while the parents are still carrying on at training the following week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 am

I couldn't agree more that Ref bashing by commentators is disgusting, inappropriate and its a bad look for the game.

A lot of it started with Gould pushing his agenda's as panthers Boss while commentating games (which shouldn't have been allowed anyway). He is the worst for it then Joey goes on about it a bit. I hate hearing it and the powers that be should tell him to fucking stop doing it.

At a junior game, there is nothing worse than a parent going off at a ref. Nothing worse, and parents who cant control themselves should get banned from going to the games, or at least from standing at the sideline.

And Lol surmbro ... wtf
    People just want consistency and a free-flowing game. In that game there was zero consistency, the first half wasn't free-flowing and they totally changed the way they were reffing it at half time.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 am

No Worries wrote:I had to apologize to a 15-16yr old ref 2 weeks ago because our parents U/11 were abusing him. People need to wake up to themselves. The kids count points whether its official or not. They know if they win or lose. They know when decisions are shit. But the same afternoon they're catching caterpillars while the parents are still carrying on at training the following week.

Parents are the worst. I've reffed touch footy for 15 or so years and have no ambition to do anything in the order of top level games - im more then happy to trot around Z grade games - so get asked by the club to take younger kids starting out under my wing, rather then the elite blokes who worry about top grades and how their hair looks on the field. Ive started assigned them to adult games to start out in rather then kids, because they get less abuse when they are reffing adults, rather then when adults are watching from the sideline. It's crazy. It all absolutely comes from the culture of ref bashing that the australian media has.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 am

On another issue. Story going on about the "defamatory and excessive" sledging that McGuire supposedly gave Ferguson (though no-one is saying what is actually said, just Paul Kent trying to make a story it seems). Wonder if McGuire made some comment about what Ferguson was convicted of. If so it's a bit rich for McGuire to be painted as the bad guy.

Of course that it me taking a guess as well. Could have been about something else, or just as likely, nothing defamatory and excessive either.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 am

Pair of fucking grubs. I hope Mcguire enjoys the team meeting
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:04 pm

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread - Page 2 ChSGIqZ
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:08 pm

No Worries wrote:SOO Game 3 Comments Thread - Page 2 ChSGIqZ

There should be more of this

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:19 pm