NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread

Ice

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread Empty SOO Game 3 Comments Thread

Post by Ice Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Wow!!
    Ice

SOO Game 3 Comments Thread Empty Re: SOO Game 3 Comments Thread

Post by Ice Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Shit first half with the refs taking centre stage, awesome second half from both sides. Teddy a freak.

Wow Munster was solid, but gee whizz, the way they are carrying on you'd think he'd just played the best game ever!!
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Finucane great. Vuaghan really good in that second 20 ofthe first half. Murray fantastic. Fergo had a wow of a game,wighton great defensively. Klemmer arrived in the second half thankfully, the Turbo brothers just solid all game.

Maloney rocks and diamonds as always but the guy is a winner!
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Should be Two Wally medals in a row for Teddy!!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Teddy in my eyes is a back to back Wally Lewis Medal winner. What a fucking win!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Honeysett wrote:Teddy in my eyes is a back to back Wally Lewis Medal winner. What a fucking win!

He gets trumped by Cam Smith for the Golden Boot
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 pm

Munster looked dangerous running the ball first half, but NSW just corralled him and he never set his outside men up or made a clean break, where was he 2nd half? I didn't get the fuss about his game.

Most of NSW players were solid without being great, Teddy Cook Murray magic and class won the game with that early 2nd half burst.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 pm

People spewing channel nine opinion as fact gets more and more under my skin with each passing week, game was high-quality both halves, the only thing in danger of ruining that game was the commentary team ignoring the great football being played to sit around and tell each other how the game was being ruined, this is deadset the only sport in the word where officials are blamed for the amount of penalties in a game and it's no wonder when you have commentators whinging at the sound of a whistle before they've even cared to figure out the context for it being blown, it's unprofessional and does more harm to the growth of the game than any referee ever will.

And by the way, no Joey, the reason players were more fatigued in the second-half over the first-half was not because there were less penalties, it was because they had played more football by then, you fucking simpleton.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:24 pm

What a fucking game and what a fucking finish!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 am

surmo13 wrote:People spewing channel nine opinion as fact gets more and more under my skin with each passing week, game was high-quality both halves, the only thing in danger of ruining that game was the commentary team ignoring the great football being played to sit around and tell each other how the game was being ruined, this is deadset the only sport in the word where officials are blamed for the amount of penalties in a game and it's no wonder when you have commentators whinging at the sound of a whistle before they've even cared to figure out the context for it being blown, it's unprofessional and does more harm to the growth of the game than any referee ever will.

And by the way, no Joey, the reason players were more fatigued in the second-half over the first-half was not because there were less penalties, it was because they had played more football by then, you fucking simpleton.

Agreed. Was really surprised when they said there had been 12 penalties in 30 minutes or whatever; figured it might have been 5 or 6 the way the game still flowed.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 am

surmo13 wrote:People spewing channel nine opinion as fact gets more and more under my skin with each passing week, game was high-quality both halves, the only thing in danger of ruining that game was the commentary team ignoring the great football being played to sit around and tell each other how the game was being ruined, this is deadset the only sport in the word where officials are blamed for the amount of penalties in a game and it's no wonder when you have commentators whinging at the sound of a whistle before they've even cared to figure out the context for it being blown, it's unprofessional and does more harm to the growth of the game than any referee ever will.

If you score more points than the opposition you win.

They are actually simple enough to come up with that quote.

Commentators are shit but refs have to also use common sense and interpret. NSW got some soft penalties in the first half which meant the refs had to balance the ledger for QLD (not that that happens). There were less penalties in the 2nd half, almost like the refs had been told to put it away. And it was a better game for it. If all things being equal, taking fatigue into account you would expect more penalties not less in the 2nd half, because blokes are gassed and trying to milk the slower play the ball or cutting corners.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 am

Would have been nice had they blown one when Mbye was hold down for about 20 seconds with a minute to go haha (yes I know he was milking it). Still, we’ll played NSW. Awesome game to watch, one of the best ever. Teddy had one of the all time great games.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 am

Teddy is doing billy slater like things out there - one thing Tedesco is doing that Slater couldn't is carry people over the line. Teddy is going down as one of the all time origin greats for NSW.

The refs were 100% butchering it in the first half. They were inconsistent with the whistle and were blowing penalties that they normally dont blow in origin. It was frustrating.
    They were clearly told to put it away for the second half, and it showed. Much more free-flowing much more running open footy. All three games were reffed totally differently.

Very happy for pearce, took him 19 origin games to get a series win, he played his role without being spectacular.

Cook.... what a weapon.

How good was that passage of play where murray stripped the ball, then wighton did too right after but they called a phantom knock on.

I too dont get the munster love... he had a good running first half and did nothing in the second half.

Realistically, this series should have been a whitewash to NSW - if its not for an intercept thrown by a rookie, NSW win. QLD's era of dominance is well an truely over.
    It will be hard for NSW to change that winning side, I can see fittler going with the same team if everyone is fit. Which leave Latrell in a bad spot, as well as cleary. Would be more than happy to see latrell on the bench tho.

Cant wait to see QLD show their captain and coach and co the loyalty policy next year too, looking forward to it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 am

Painful to lose like that but a cracking game nonetheless - NSW deserve the win and the series, mainly on the back of Teddy, who IMO had one of the best individual series I have seen.

Agree about the commentators waxing lyrical about Munster (although it would have been nice if some of our blokes listened and decided to follow and support the guy, considering he poked his head through the line on every bloody occasion!)......but got to say it was offset by them doing the same about Fergo who I thought was decent but probably equivalent to say Oates.

Disagree about the penalties and regardless of the commentary, I was blowing up.

I don't care about the quantity but there were so many soft penalties and the issue I have with squaring up is that there is a significant difference between getting one on tackle 1 or 2 and getting one on tackle 4 or 5.

Clearly it was refereed differently in the 2nd half which is an indicator of how shit they were in the first half.

Anyway take nothing away form the game and well done NSW.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:09 am

Also ... gagai, did he even play last night? Is there any more inconsistent rep player going around? And is there anyone with a bigger difference between his shit games and best games?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am

Pieman wrote:Also ... gagai, did he even play last night? Is there any more inconsistent rep player going around? And is there anyone with a bigger difference between his shit games and best games?
    It's his carries out of his own half that make him so good in SOO normally and our kick chase was on point last night.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 am

Pieman wrote:Also ... gagai, did he even play last night? Is there any more inconsistent rep player going around? And is there anyone with a bigger difference between his shit games and best games?

In fairness to Gagai, I thought he was playing injured after copping that late knee to his ribs early on.
    Wasn't his usual carries following that and IMO had nothing to do with the kick/chase as he generally had plenty of time to hit it up.

Also, not sure which rep games you are watching but the bloke is consistently a gun........club games on the other hand.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:43 am

was shit last night and was shit in game 2
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 am

well when I say shit - he wasnt superman like he was in game one, and every now and then in rep games.
    His great games and average games are so different
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:19 am

The only call I though was terrible was when NSW rolled (Qld?) back into the ingoal and one ref was there zjohhny on the spot, and called held in goal and then the other ref came from miles away to say penalty Qld when clearly momentum in the tackle took the player back. Otherwise, though they blew the whistle too much in the first half, there were no howlers.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:59 pm