NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trade Targets - Round 3

Poll

Trade Targets - Round 3

[ 1 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left1%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left22%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left6%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left0%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 23 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left30%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left3%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 12 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left16%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left8%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    [ 2 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_left4%Trade Targets - Round 3 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 77
    Poll closed
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Trade Targets - Round 3 Empty Trade Targets - Round 3

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm

How to Vote:

Basically tell me what trades you would make this week for the team.

1. Tell me how many trades you would make (0, 1 or 2)
    2. If you picked 0 trades stop there.
    3. If you picked 1 trade tell me who to drop and who you'd add
    4. If you picked 2 trades pick the two you would drop and two you would add.
    Final Note: Please make sure your trades make sense. Don't make suggestions with money we don't have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind we are playing to win. Not advocating trading for the sake of it but this teams goal is to go no 1 overall.

Points to consider is that we want to be building a nice Teddy/Crichton fund and making cash. With regards to cash making the team is largely fine apart from Burr (minutes), Rava (Aitken) and Sivo (Jenningsx2) could all use an upgrade but aren't urgent. We don't have the cash to put any of them to Bird anyway. Currently we have 43k.

Undervalued players who can give us bank

Macca - Maybe he is 5 points undervalued but without a big score or 2 in a row he's probably within 50k of his max value. We could play Mahoney for a few weeks before jumping on our desired guns for the run home. This move alone would provide most of the bank to fund some serious moves next week
    Tolman - Maybe 5-10 points underpriced. Within 75k of his max value
    Mahoney - Going strong but a bad game could dent his cash making prospects quickly
    Capewell - Will have the odd round where he plays cover. Should have another 150k of slow rises in him.
    Edwards - Dropping him means playing Sivo or Ravalawa. So while he isn't doing well he's providing good cover while we work stuff out.

Great Trade Ideas of the week

@Mac Attack

Capewell/Tolman for Bird. (251/106k remaining)

Bank the cash and other trade.

My own bold cash play:

Macca -> Bird (via Mahoney)
    Tolman -> Napa/Waddell/Okunbor/Xerri

561/724/751/751k remaining

Give Rava/Sivo a chance but cut players who aren't as undervalued as we thought to money makers. Yes we will lose points but with the bank suggested next week we could go with an idea to go.

Edwards -> Tedesco (~150-200k)
    Sivo/Rava -> Crichton (~450-475k)

Or can hold fire and leave bank for a stud hooker. Probably too many points we are missing out on short term but thought I'd raise it.

Current Team for Critique

Trade Targets - Round 3 Round_14
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Trade Targets - Round 3 Empty Re: Trade Targets - Round 3

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Dropping Macca for Bird is indeed a bold move. But LB will tell you the joys of having only 1 hooker.

Dropping Macca and Tolman for cash leaves our 17 a little thin.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Just thinking lads and ladies - regardless of who we shift on this week to free up cash, we will likely have to do the same next week to make more right? I.e. if we want Crichton, Teddy, and any other upgrades no matter what we do we are not likely to have the cash to do it just on one move. In fact, pretty much all the people on the list above, unless they produce sharp increases in their fantasy output, will be gone from our team within 4-5 weeks, either as upgrades, or to free up cash.

Therefore, wouldn't it make sense to give Tolman (Pay) 1 more crack at getting the minutes we originally purchased him for? And in that case cash out someone else (my preference Capewell) this week? If Tolman still doesn't get the minutes this round, after all the changes Pay has made, then we dump him next week. But if he does get the minutes we'd not blow our chance at a great value buy....There aren't that many guys floating round at 10 points under value that will hit 50+ - Tolman could be one of those still I think.

I'd be OK with the Tolman move, but just think its worth holding fire for 1 more week and ditching Capewell who I think its much easier to get a read on (Im still pegging him as a 40 point player), but Capewell, given the emergence of Nikora and Bird, is no longer as pivotal to our team as we dont have to have him as starting C anymore

Either way we are looking solid though and there's a path to building the war chest to some nice upgrades soon enough - just thought it would be prudent to look a few rounds down the track at this stage!

EDIT - I like that somehow my one vote for Capewell (6%) somehow tops the Macca one (5%) Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 pm

This is from WL re Tolman:

White Lightning wrote:
    Your guess is as good as mine re Tolman. I thought he'd be playing 55 minutes minimum & when he's not on the field you can see the difference. Pay is hard to read e.g. why he broke up the Holland/R. Smith combo is baffling. I would hold firm with Tolman because sooner or later Pay has to realise the team plays better with Tolman playing more minutes. The bench this week is Lichaa, Ogden, R. Martin, Chris Smith. Looking at their classifications in fantasy Ogden, Martin & Smith are 2fr but I assume Ogden & Smith will be spelling the front row. The bench to me says Tolman will see increased minutes this week.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:10 pm

I'm looking at dumping Tolman in my own team but the more I think about it the more I worry about Capewell. The news that Graham is training well already was a bit of a shock. Capewell definitely has plenty of money to make but that score last week makes him a slow burn and we don't know how long he has left.
    I'm just confusing myself now so I'll think about it during the day and vote this afternoon.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm

@leaguegod Care to have a guess at what happens to Tolmans minutes over the next few weeks and help us out?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 pm

An interesting buy for downgrading Macca is Peats, getting 80 minutes each week, scoring the same as Macca, decent tackle count each week for base stats and increasing in value as a stepping stone. Real POD option too. Would prefer replacing Macca with a hooker. Averaging 50, so just 1 point less than Macca and gets the bank we want.

Another option for a downgrade to a value hooker back up is Hampton, who is back this week. He is priced at 31, averaged 48 last season getting 80 minutes at center. Smile Scores of 52, 60, 24, 47, 57.

Bank $300k for a loss of 3 points from Macca's output and generate some cash.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 pm

There's no poll but in the half roulette I'm in favour of Keighran over Brown.

Playing Manly in NZ should be better points options Than Parra up against Roosters
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Milchy wrote:
    There's no poll but in the half roulette I'm in favour of Keighran over Brown.

Playing Manly in NZ should be better points options Than Parra up against Roosters

I haven't watched enough footy, but does Brown overall look like the better fantasy half? I think you are right about this week though. Keighran for me.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I haven't watched enough footy, but does Brown overall look like the better fantasy half? I think you are right about this week though. Keighran for me.

Brown gets more quality ball. Keighran has had about 120 minutes where everything went through Green and one half where he made the most of his limited opportunities in attack.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

Brown gets more quality ball. Keighran has had about 120 minutes where everything went through Green and one half where he made the most of his limited opportunities in attack.

Yeah, that was my impression too, but I watched probably half of each of the four games with them involved so wasn't sure, cheers.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 am

mattnz wrote:

This is my thinking as well, on the other its Manly or the Roosters.
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:38 am

Krump wrote:I'm looking at dumping Tolman in my own team but the more I think about it the more I worry about Capewell. The news that Graham is training well already was a bit of a shock. Capewell definitely has plenty of money to make but that score last week makes him a slow burn and we don't know how long he has left.
    I'm just confusing myself now so I'll think about it during the day and vote this afternoon.
    I agree with this

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:51 am

It looks like quite a sensible outcome from the poll.

Might need to toss a coin between Capewell & Tolman for the flick.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 am

My thoughts would be Tolman out Bird in which looks like what the Poll is leaning towards
    Use just the 1 trade

Gives Capewell time to make some more coin and gives us a total kitty of 251k
    (Move Capewell back to bench in Tolmans place)

Bench would still have either Keighran or Brown as 18th man + 3 cashies

If Macca or Edwards don't fire this week that 208k downgrade helps turn one into a gun hooker, Tedesco or even turn Capewell into Crichton
    It's nice to have options and we shouldn't lose out on too many points this week

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 am

If there is indication Capewell will be shifted to C does that change our thinking? We probably won't know anything for sure, but it does seem like a possibility at this stage.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If there is indication Capewell will be shifted to C does that change our thinking? We probably won't know anything for sure, but it does seem like a possibility at this stage.

Capewell goes alright at centre which is the funny thing
    From 12 starts he averages 40 with a high score of 106

Given his BE is 24 then I don't see any issues

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:05 am

Verbal Kint wrote:It looks like quite a sensible outcome from the poll.

Might need to toss a coin between Capewell & Tolman for the flick.

It all comes down to a calculated gamble (assuming one gets sold this week, the other one next)

If our goal is short term cash we need them to jag a try or a couple big runs to get that cash rolling in.
    One plays 80mins, has gone huge before, is in a top 8 team and has potential for try assists/tackle breaks and more likely to score a try regardless of where he plays
    The other player scores points on tackles+hitups in the worst team in the comp, so we are relying on him playing a few more minutes via Dean Pay or relying on a forward injury.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:29 am

Boozecluez wrote:

It all comes down to a calculated gamble (assuming one gets sold this week, the other one next)

If our goal is short term cash we need them to jag a try or a couple big runs to get that cash rolling in.
    One plays 80mins, has gone huge before, is in a top 8 team and has potential for try assists/tackle breaks and more likely to score a try regardless of where he plays
    The other player scores points on tackles+hitups in the worst team in the comp, so we are relying on him playing a few more minutes via Dean Pay or relying on a forward injury.

The twist to this is that if one goes big we probably dont sell them next week. If its Capewell its because at the least there are more price rises, if its Tolman its likely cause his role has changed.

Also, while I take you point on the above, the part you neglected to mention is the floor of both players. Tolman's is for sure higher than Capewells, particularly if Capewell finds himself at C or W.

Im happy enough with either to be honest though although a slight tendency for Capewell - as you say its a gamble either way.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am

Surprised there isnt more worry about Burr, id rather trade him then Capewell.

I think we should put Clifford on the watch list, im a fan of his running game and think if Morgan controls the team he will get a few attacking opportunities

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm