NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

I was thinking there was more than one! He wasn't that bad, but like all my cows last year got injured. Sorensen too. There's someone else I'm forgetting.
    2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 5 Z

#youarenottrappedifyouconsent
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by StormTrooper96 Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Taka and Cartwright were some big traps in 2RF last year. I remember taka was talked up pretty big here with many expecting him to nab a starting 2RF spot last year. Can’t remember but did he end up starting CTR?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Any excuse to post a picture of our forum favourite Love
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 pm

SI wrote:

#youarenottrappedifyouconsent

At least I cut him pretty quickly. Where's Rabbit when the Maubs jokes are out? If only I cut Brown just as fast!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm

I regret starting with Godinet, S Williams, Nicholls, Cartwright, L Croker, Katoa

Lichaa and Croft to a lesser extent too

In hindsight when you look back you wonder what your were thinking.
    Injuries don’t always help either

Hiku, Kikau and Havili were the hits but I feel could have done better haha

Some of those players were given new roles, filling in for injuries or simply a roll of the dice
    Wonder who will be the misses this year, worth keeping a little spare cash for fixes I reckon

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:02 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Taka and Cartwright were some big traps in 2RF last year. I remember taka was talked up pretty big here with many expecting him to nab a starting 2RF spot last year. Can’t remember but did he end up starting CTR?

I'm not embarrassed about having Carty, everyone did pretty much. It's that the weekend everyone was trading him out, I forgot to because we had guests round for drinks. Embarassed

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm

mattnz wrote:
    2. there is equal chance that my back 3 could be the best back 3 to have started the season with as these 3 highly owned players (or any other combination for the same money).

that's where you lose me, on what basis? people aren't picking players based on haircuts, the reason they are highly-owned is because they have a perceived value, to use the horse racing analogy brought up earlier, odds aren't pulled out from the bookies arses, there are rhymes and reasons as to why they're priced accordingly, and a horse backed into 2:1 is way more chance of performing better than one at 100:1.

not to trying to be a cunt or re-open old wounds but if i remember correctly, you were right up there early last year, but then fell back into the pack focusing on trading out/avoiding popular players owned by those at the top and bringing in POD's that ultimately didn't pan out, would've thought that was a lesson learned but it seems you are doubling down instead.

Anyways, it's clear from your responses your mind won't be changed so i guess we'll have to wait until the finish line to see if your brand of game theory is all you claim it to be.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 pm

So seems 2RF has lots of potential upside but still many potential traps to be avoided.

See any likely traps in this lot?
    Difita
    Capewell
    Sorenson
    Gillett
    TPJ
    Radley
    Carty
    Stimson
    Staggs
    Nikora
    Arrow
    Matterson
    Jateman
    SMat
    Lil Papa
    Aubo
    CHN
    Sironen
    Tevaga
    Whitehead
    Sele
    JFH
    Mau

Pretty sure that covers all the 2RFs that are likely candidates at the start of the season for potential significant price rises that will be in some teams.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Chewie wrote:Any excuse to post a picture of our forum favourite Love

How spunky is his hair in that happy snap Love
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:10 pm

surmo13 wrote:

that's where you lose me, on what basis? people aren't picking players based on haircuts, the reason they are highly-owned is because they have a perceived value, to use the horse racing analogy brought up earlier, odds aren't pulled out from the bookies arses, there are rhymes and reasons as to why they're priced accordingly, and a horse backed into 2:1 is way more chance of performing better than one at 100:1.

not to trying to be a cunt or re-open old wounds but if i remember correctly, you were right up there early last year, but then fell back into the pack focusing on trading out/avoiding popular players owned by those at the top and bringing in POD's that ultimately didn't pan out, would've thought that was a lesson learned but it seems you are doubling down instead.

Anyways, it's clear from your responses your mind won't be changed so i guess we'll have to wait until the finish line to see if your brand of game theory is all you claim it to be.

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly. I am just maximizing the amount I would be winning by if I happened to get lucky. It is more likely that I can see it working for someone else that uses a similar strategy.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:11 pm

mattnz wrote:So seems 2RF has lots of potential upside but still many potential traps to be avoided.

See any likely traps in this lot?
    Difita
    Capewell
    Sorenson
    Gillett
    TPJ
    Radley
    Carty (if on the bench)
    Stimson
    Staggs
    Nikora
    Arrow
    Matterson
    Jateman
    SMat
    Lil Papa
    Aubo
    CHN
    Sironen
    Tevaga
    Whitehead
    Sele
    JFH
    Mau

Pretty sure that covers all the 2RFs that are likely candidates at the start of the season for potential significant price rises that will be in some teams.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:16 pm

@mattnz

I see where you are coming from but sometimes you over think things too.
    I remember vaguely you were killing it early last year and second guessing what others above you were doing, looking for POD’s etc
    Think I was lucky to be in the top 20000 then with a crap team and you would have been top 100.
    Not sure where you finished but I know you made some large Hail Mary trades based on the above.

The thing is it is only worth worrying about things you can control like your own team, too many other factors to worrying about the other 100k others.

Not telling you how to play or to change your game as I can see you are smart and you have a fantasy brain on you. Just want to tell you to simplify things a bit that’s all

Learn from your mistakes along with ours.
    We can tell you stories of Ah Mau or Evans in previous years and calculating their exact minutes over and over only for nothing to change and get stuck with them.

Or overlooking popular players because we were stubborn and had been burnt before.

End of the day just want to see you go well

@surmo has covered it as well, not trying to make it personal just trying to help focus your energy in the right way
    With the way the extra prizes are, perhaps a second ‘gf’ team might be where you experiment more perhaps?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 pm

I missed these guys (they were already in my draft team, so didn't appear when looking through the list of 2RFs available):
    Leilua
    Burr
    Kikau (he may have some upside yet)
    Murray
    Twal
    Sue
    Blindside
    Blindside

Post by Blindside Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials. Personally, I just take a stab in the dark and hope for the best.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Blindside wrote: Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials.  Personally, I just take a stab in the dark  and hope for the best.  

Laugh 3

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Blindside wrote: Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials.  Personally, I just take a stab in the dark  and hope for the best.  

I love you. lol! lol! lol!
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly.

Does this mean that you won't be entering the FF leagues?    That would be a shame.

Go on, get in there
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
    mattnz wrote:

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly.

Does this mean that you won't be entering the FF leagues?    That would be a shame.

Go on, get in there

Cookie Monster only asks nicely once.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 pm

ton lliw ylbativeni tub esra rieht fo tuo regnif rieht llup ot gniog si skniht enibucnoc s'resserdriah s'diamklim s'elcnu s'enoemos taht ,sah esle eno-on taht reyalp a - ecnereffiD fo tnioP - also known as Reverse Point of Difference
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Fuck that was a pain in the ass to read at 2am Buramada

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am