NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

SI
SI

Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by SI on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 pm

@Chewie wrote:
@Mulvy wrote:

I was thinking there was more than one! He wasn't that bad, but like all my cows last year got injured. Sorensen too. There's someone else I'm forgetting.

#youarenottrappedifyouconsent
StormTrooper96
StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Taka and Cartwright were some big traps in 2RF last year. I remember taka was talked up pretty big here with many expecting him to nab a starting 2RF spot last year. Can’t remember but did he end up starting CTR?
Chewie
Chewie

Post by Chewie on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Any excuse to post a picture of our forum favourite Love
Mulvy
Mulvy

Post by Mulvy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 pm

@SI wrote:

#youarenottrappedifyouconsent

At least I cut him pretty quickly. Where's Rabbit when the Maubs jokes are out? If only I cut Brown just as fast!
Boozecluez
Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 am

I regret starting with Godinet, S Williams, Nicholls, Cartwright, L Croker, Katoa

Lichaa and Croft to a lesser extent too

In hindsight when you look back you wonder what your were thinking.
Injuries don’t always help either

Hiku, Kikau and Havili were the hits but I feel could have done better haha

Some of those players were given new roles, filling in for injuries or simply a roll of the dice
Wonder who will be the misses this year, worth keeping a little spare cash for fixes I reckon

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mulvy
Mulvy

Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 am

@StormTrooper96 wrote:Taka and Cartwright were some big traps in 2RF last year. I remember taka was talked up pretty big here with many expecting him to nab a starting 2RF spot last year. Can’t remember but did he end up starting CTR?

I'm not embarrassed about having Carty, everyone did pretty much. It's that the weekend everyone was trading him out, I forgot to because we had guests round for drinks. Embarassed
surmo13
surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 am

@mattnz wrote:
2. there is equal chance that my back 3 could be the best back 3 to have started the season with as these 3 highly owned players (or any other combination for the same money).

that's where you lose me, on what basis? people aren't picking players based on haircuts, the reason they are highly-owned is because they have a perceived value, to use the horse racing analogy brought up earlier, odds aren't pulled out from the bookies arses, there are rhymes and reasons as to why they're priced accordingly, and a horse backed into 2:1 is way more chance of performing better than one at 100:1.

not to trying to be a cunt or re-open old wounds but if i remember correctly, you were right up there early last year, but then fell back into the pack focusing on trading out/avoiding popular players owned by those at the top and bringing in POD's that ultimately didn't pan out, would've thought that was a lesson learned but it seems you are doubling down instead.

Anyways, it's clear from your responses your mind won't be changed so i guess we'll have to wait until the finish line to see if your brand of game theory is all you claim it to be.
mattnz
mattnz

Post by mattnz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 am

So seems 2RF has lots of potential upside but still many potential traps to be avoided.

See any likely traps in this lot?
Difita
Capewell
Sorenson
Gillett
TPJ
Radley
Carty
Stimson
Staggs
Nikora
Arrow
Matterson
Jateman
SMat
Lil Papa
Aubo
CHN
Sironen
Tevaga
Whitehead
Sele
JFH
Mau

Pretty sure that covers all the 2RFs that are likely candidates at the start of the season for potential significant price rises that will be in some teams.

SI
SI

Post by SI on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:08 am

@Chewie wrote:Any excuse to post a picture of our forum favourite Love

How spunky is his hair in that happy snap Love
mattnz
mattnz

Post by mattnz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 am

@surmo13 wrote:

that's where you lose me, on what basis? people aren't picking players based on haircuts, the reason they are highly-owned is because they have a perceived value, to use the horse racing analogy brought up earlier, odds aren't pulled out from the bookies arses, there are rhymes and reasons as to why they're priced accordingly, and a horse backed into 2:1 is way more chance of performing better than one at 100:1.

not to trying to be a cunt or re-open old wounds but if i remember correctly, you were right up there early last year, but then fell back into the pack focusing on trading out/avoiding popular players owned by those at the top and bringing in POD's that ultimately didn't pan out, would've thought that was a lesson learned but it seems you are doubling down instead.

Anyways, it's clear from your responses your mind won't be changed so i guess we'll have to wait until the finish line to see if your brand of game theory is all you claim it to be.

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly. I am just maximizing the amount I would be winning by if I happened to get lucky. It is more likely that I can see it working for someone else that uses a similar strategy.
Alfie
Alfie

Post by Alfie on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 am

@mattnz wrote:So seems 2RF has lots of potential upside but still many potential traps to be avoided.

See any likely traps in this lot?
Difita
Capewell
Sorenson
Gillett
TPJ
Radley
Carty (if on the bench)
Stimson
Staggs
Nikora
Arrow
Matterson
Jateman
SMat
Lil Papa
Aubo
CHN
Sironen
Tevaga
Whitehead
Sele
JFH
Mau

Pretty sure that covers all the 2RFs that are likely candidates at the start of the season for potential significant price rises that will be in some teams.

Boozecluez
Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am

@mattnz

I see where you are coming from but sometimes you over think things too.
I remember vaguely you were killing it early last year and second guessing what others above you were doing, looking for POD’s etc
Think I was lucky to be in the top 20000 then with a crap team and you would have been top 100.
Not sure where you finished but I know you made some large Hail Mary trades based on the above.

The thing is it is only worth worrying about things you can control like your own team, too many other factors to worrying about the other 100k others.

Not telling you how to play or to change your game as I can see you are smart and you have a fantasy brain on you. Just want to tell you to simplify things a bit that’s all

Learn from your mistakes along with ours.
We can tell you stories of Ah Mau or Evans in previous years and calculating their exact minutes over and over only for nothing to change and get stuck with them.

Or overlooking popular players because we were stubborn and had been burnt before.

End of the day just want to see you go well

@surmo has covered it as well, not trying to make it personal just trying to help focus your energy in the right way
With the way the extra prizes are, perhaps a second ‘gf’ team might be where you experiment more perhaps?
mattnz
mattnz

Post by mattnz on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 am

I missed these guys (they were already in my draft team, so didn't appear when looking through the list of 2RFs available):
Leilua
Burr
Kikau (he may have some upside yet)
Murray
Twal
Sue
Blindside
Blindside

Post by Blindside on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 am

Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials. Personally, I just take a stab in the dark and hope for the best.
SI
SI

Post by SI on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:39 am

@Blindside wrote: Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials.  Personally, I just take a stab in the dark  and hope for the best.  

Laugh 3

Random
Random

Post by Random on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 am

@Blindside wrote: Interesting discussion on Pods or as other games call them, differentials.  Personally, I just take a stab in the dark  and hope for the best.  

I love you. lol! lol! lol!
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am

@mattnz wrote:

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly.

Does this mean that you won't be entering the FF leagues?    That would be a shame.

Go on, get in there
SI
SI

Post by SI on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 am

@Cookie Monster wrote:
@mattnz wrote:

Actually the odds of you getting to see my game theory in action are extremely low (by me at least). I would need to be very lucky for it to be shown clearly.

Does this mean that you won't be entering the FF leagues?    That would be a shame.

Go on, get in there

Cookie Monster only asks nicely once.
Buramada
Buramada

Post by Buramada on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 am

ton lliw ylbativeni tub esra rieht fo tuo regnif rieht llup ot gniog si skniht enibucnoc s'resserdriah s'diamklim s'elcnu s'enoemos taht ,sah esle eno-on taht reyalp a - ecnereffiD fo tnioP - also known as Reverse Point of Difference
Random
Random

Post by Random on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:28 am

Fuck that was a pain in the ass to read at 2am Buramada
  • This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Current date/time is Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:43 pm