NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am

Lot of chat about finding under value players, that are around 10 points undervalued or below keeper status. Anyone care to elaborate who they believe these perceived players are.

One such player I have in my team that I have not heard a lot of chat about is Kikau. The guy is below 700k. Bargain as far as I'm concerned and could go to keeper status. Any reason why we don't hear much chatter around these parts about the big unit?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am

Some A+ work on the Android app. Telling me it needs update but then "update not available in your region" then crashing. You don't get this with mtvb...
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am

mattnz wrote:

If 100 people from here pick him up, out of 100k players it moves him up 0.1% ownership Razz
    But 60000 people haven't sign up yet so I reckon 0.1% atm is irrelevant. Smile
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Lot of chat about finding under value players, that are around 10 points undervalued or below keeper status. Anyone care to elaborate who they believe these perceived players are.

One such player I have in my team that I have not heard a lot of chat about is Kikau. The guy is below 700k. Bargain as far as I'm concerned and could go to keeper status. Any reason why we don't hear much chatter around these parts about the big unit?

He's in my side, meets my criteria
    Sipi1994
    Sipi1994

Post by Sipi1994 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Lot of chat about finding under value players, that are around 10 points undervalued or below keeper status. Anyone care to elaborate who they believe these perceived players are.

Bargain? Why?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

His stats don't place him massively above his starting price, he played some low minutes at start of season and scored huge in them, but a fair few of his games were injury affected limiting his effectiveness

I can see him elevating into a gun, he has the fantasy game to go massive. More time on the park usually means more points and with his ability to score 20+ in a single play with no try makes him a good prospect to elevate to the elite

his average playing 80 matches was where he finished the season, so will have to be more explosive this year playing big minutes
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 am

If I could fit in Kikau, I would. He's someone everyone will be looking for in their first bye-round team, so it at least saves a trade starting with him, assuming he doesn't lose value. He'd 100% be in my (and many others) teams if he had FRF DPP.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am

Im not starting with Capewell. Wasn't he not favoured a couple of times over Sorenson towards the end of the year?

I think the starting second rowers with be Sorenson and Bukuya. Bukuya was more of a middle forward last year out of necessity now the sharks seem lousy with middle forwards he'll be on the edge and Capewell will be used as a bench utility especially now that Seggy isn't there

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

I've read a bit to say Keighran is a shoe in for 7. I'd love that because CHT plays like SJ used to and I want a measured half at the Warriors. Keighran also can play Centre and tbh I really want someone to replace Kata (not that this is likely)

I think the sentiment is now shared between fans and the board alike. The other 2 have huge potential however Green is a 6. He plays more of a 7 role because they literally have nobody else to do so. I’m not saying Keighran is the man to take them to the gf (not saying he isn’t either) but the formula is right.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Im not starting with Capewell. Wasn't he not favoured a couple of times over Sorenson towards the end of the year?

I think the starting second rowers with be Sorenson and Bukuya. Bukuya was more of a middle forward last year out of necessity now the sharks seem lousy with middle forwards he'll be on the edge and Capewell will be used as a bench utility especially now that Seggy isn't there  

Can’t see Bakuya moving out especially with the G train a year longer in the tooth, think you could be right with Capewell though. Victim of his own versatility. Heard reports Nikora and Sorenson could be in the mix for the 2rf. Don’t think we will get anything definitive on this until TLT.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Some A+ work on the Android app. Telling me it needs update but then "update not available in your region" then crashing. You don't get this with mtvb...

Aannnd the website is broken too. This hapoening for anyone else?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 am

Hmmm, he hasnt been on my radar at all. Gut says no.

I think my head has been turned by all of the other options at 2rf. Cash is short as well.
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:16 am

How are we all? I've missed this forum, and you all. Took a year or so off. Good to be back.

Is my old mate @Mearcats still around? What about @Welshy and @SI? The good old days.

Good to see the great Milchy still running things and guiding this forum with his wisdom.

Looking forward to an entertaining 2019 of footy!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 am

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:How are we all? I've missed this forum, and you all. Took a year or so off. Good to be back.

Is my old mate @Mearcats still around? What about @Welshy and @SI? The good old days.

Good to see the great Milchy still running things and guiding this forum with his wisdom.

Looking forward to an entertaining 2019 of footy!

I'm here bro and good to have you back fella!
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 am

And I notice NRL.com has removed the 'Clear Entire Team Except Cam Smith' button from the My Team page. Do they know something we don't? Is this the year King Cammy winds down his average?

For the record, I think Cam Smith will average at least 60. Again.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 am

Some more discussion
    Do the storm centres bounce back this year ? (Scott/Chambers)

Chambers priced at 27pts, career avg of 34pts
    Prior to 2018 and he averaged 37pts

Scott priced at 28pts, career avg of 32pts
    Prior to 2018 and he averaged 36pts

Was it simply an off year for them ?
    Of the 2, chambers looks the better option based on track record, but interesting to see how badly storm backs went in 2018 for a finals team.
    More of the same this year or was this a one off?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 am

Sorry chaps if I miss stuff like this, but these threads move quick.

I really want Arrow in my team at what I think is a pretty okay price. Today I swapped him for J.Papalii because he's a few dollars cheaper, which I wanted to use elsewhere. But the main reason I'm thinking of going with Papalii is just a little concern over Arrow's fitness after last year. Is this a valid concern, or is it all in the past? I think I still want to go back with Arrow. Any thoughts on if one is clearly a better option than the other?

RCG in his price bracket. Would you go with him, or Matt Scott? Other option is Paasi? Any chance he excels this year? But I basically settled on RCG or Scott. I just see RCG getting more minutes... or is Matt Scott just the better option anyway?

Thanks for any tips.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Sorry chaps if I miss stuff like this, but these threads move quick.

I really want Arrow in my team at what I think is a pretty okay price. Today I swapped him for J.Papalii because he's a few dollars cheaper, which I wanted to use elsewhere. But the main reason I'm thinking of going with Papalii is just a little concern over Arrow's fitness after last year. Is this a valid concern, or is it all in the past? I think I still want to go back with Arrow. Any thoughts on if one is clearly a better option than the other?

RCG in his price bracket. Would you go with him, or Matt Scott? Other option is Paasi? Any chance he excels this year? But I basically settled on RCG or Scott. I just see RCG getting more minutes... or is Matt Scott just the better option anyway?

Thanks for any tips.

Sorry guys... one more.

In their price bracket, is Ash Taylor in 2019 going to be a better option than Munster, or would you just go with Munster? I know Taylor is generally terrible, but apparently there's a bit of hype around him in 2019 and will his kick metres and conversions already outdo Muster? Or is Munster just a better option because he's him as a player, compared to what Ash Taylor has offered up so far?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Sorry guys... one more.

In their price bracket, is Ash Taylor in 2019 going to be a better option than Munster, or would you just go with Munster? I know Taylor is generally terrible, but apparently there's a bit of hype around him in 2019 and will his kick metres and conversions already outdo Muster? Or is Munster just a better option because he's him as a player, compared to what Ash Taylor has offered up so far?  

Arrow said he's fit and has given up the drink. He also admitted that he was exhausted from Origin and is working to hit the ground running this year. He's in my team and Captain

I've written a bit about Munster, but to summarise (over 2017 & 2018):
    - 30 Games with Slater- 41.1 (11 less than 40)
    - 9 Games without Slater- 59 (1 less than 50)
    Of those
    - 5 at 5/8- 62.8
    - 4 at FB- 51.5
    - Hughes played at FB in 2018 when Slater wasn't
    - His only sub-50 score was 22 and first round of 2017 at FB

He relies on attacking stats which he gets more of without Slater. I'm picking him
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Loving the discussion @mattnz has brought to the table. I like the general point you're making but I think it's always hard for people to digest a purely data driven approach (or one with definitive factors such as yours). Side note - I recruit in data analytics and hearing stories of line managers struggling to cope with data insights is hilarious.

Something I thought of. When did the NRL Fantasy forums on sportal begin? I remember I first came on sportal with the username Ragz or something along those lines to troll people on the GPS cricket thread..and came across the NRL Fantasy pages around 2010 from memory!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 am