NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Ponga for prez wrote:Is captaining arrow a good idea? I know the general consensus is that he'll be going ham this year but is it a better and safer bet to captain macca? Who is more likely to keep getting above 110 if I give them the c?

I would be going with a fit and healthy Arrow of those 2 options.

This. I have both FAC and Arrow at the moment, but FAC is obviously a gamble that he can get back to his old scoring. I'd be one of the few on here over the last 5 years that hasn't actually ever owned McCullough. Trying to go in to this season with a massive bank again, and McCullough seems a decent risk to help with that.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm expecting Klemmer and Gavet starting with Herman on the bench. Barnett will be playing NSW cup. Sione somewhere in the 17 but likely on the bench. Guerra and Fitzmagic on the edge

Makes sense I suppose as per the reasoning above bringing on a fresh Easy E against tiring defenders.

If I were the warriors I'd be making a play for Barnett if he starts season in ressies
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lachlan Burr if starting is going to disappoint IMO but I will probably take him due to price. We have seen this before with Burr. Not only does he have David Bhana-esc tackling ability (great instincts to get in the right position but not enough strength to win a single ruck) the coach is also likely to dump him for a better option a few weeks in. 2015 he averaged 29 points from 46 minutes and it was a very slow burn. 28 and 23 first two rounds(with 9 missed tackles!) before being exiled to ressies till round 5 where he got a fantastic bench role. Average of 20 points in 25 minutes for the next 3 weeks before finally getting a starting spot at lock. 8 games as a starting lock saw the Titans win just 2/8 games with an average of 1 missed tackle for every 7 completed. This fringe first grader is absolutely atrocious to watch as a fantasy coach with more 20's than 50's as a starter

Wow, this is possibly the most informative post this year for mine. I knew nothing about Burr before this post and this was very insightful. Cheers cheer
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 pm

In regards to the lack of FR/2RF rookie based options, they always pop up before season starts around TLT, always happens

Currently its pretty much a wasteland, Haas maybe but what's his celing with low minutes 25? WL has said a few times, about picking CTRs and WFBs for bench and in reserve as the cash makers because they play 80 and much higher chance for tries and big attacking plays to get the cash making rolling quickly
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Welshy wrote:In regards to the lack of FR/2RF rookie based options, they always pop up before season starts around TLT, always happens

Currently its pretty much a wasteland, Haas maybe but what's his celing with low minutes 25?  WL has said a few times, about picking CTRs and WFBs for bench and in reserve as the cash makers because they play 80 and much higher chance for tries and big attacking plays to get the cash making rolling quickly

I'm inclined to agree with WL to an extent. I'm just not sure if I want 3 decent FRF's in my 17 which means do I take one of these cheap bench FRF's as cover, or not worry about it?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm inclined to agree with WL to an extent. I'm just not sure if I want 3 decent FRF's in my 17 which means do I take one of these cheap bench FRF's as cover, or not worry about it?

Yea it would be at expense of depth for sure, unless you go FRF heavy of grab some DPPs

Surgess anyone? haha! can chuck guys like Stimpson starting 2RF/Capewell to cover the odd week if you don't want to use trades
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Welshy wrote:

Yea it would be at expense of depth for sure, unless you go FRF heavy of grab some DPPs

Surgess anyone? haha! can chuck guys like Stimpson starting 2RF/Capewell to cover the odd week if you don't want to use trades

TBH that's a lot of the appeal!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Milchy wrote:

If you were in last years Fanatics overall group, I have it saved. Not sure if you can get it through failhub

You came 1061st

And I had a bad year and probably get demoted from the fun of L51. Embarassed
    Please keep me there so Chewie has someone to beat. Razz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Bateman at CTR kills my cash stash. Anything kinda concrete from Sticky yet in regards his role?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 pm

SI wrote:Bateman at CTR kills my cash stash.  Anything kinda concrete from Sticky yet in regards his role?

We've been here before mate with some english imports, Embarassed his starting price is high already, would have to score 45 to be worth the early punt.

Capable, easy. New team, enviroment, etc, better to give him a watch. more than likely

Capewell is so much safer due to his starting price vs points potential, same with Holland/Hampton

I'd wait on Bateman personally, I can see him starting in a load of teams and being dumped before he hits his straps later in season and guns it
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Mulvy wrote:

TBH that's a lot of the appeal!

For sure for me mate, I'm considering dropping Gillett until he starts playing 80, onl just been cleared and has made some comments about only playing against titans pre season so one game where he liekly won't play more than 40, cant see him being ready for seasons start
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Welshy wrote:

We've been here before mate with some english imports,  Embarassed his starting price is high already, would have to score 45 to be worth the early punt.

Capable, easy. New team, enviroment, etc, better to give him a watch. more than likely

Capewell is so much safer due to his starting price vs points potential, same with Holland/Hampton

I'd wait on Bateman personally, I can see him starting in a load of teams and being dumped before he hits his straps later in season and guns it

Couldn't agree more.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Welshy wrote:

We've been here before mate with some english imports,  Embarassed his starting price is high already, would have to score 45 to be worth the early punt.

Yeah bateman is a wait and for me. Too many potential cheapies in the ctr position
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

If he was same price as listed I'd grab him for sure
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Yeah bateman is a wait and for me. Too many potential cheapies in the ctr position

We scanned previous Guns like Roberts and BJ and came to same conclusion. So it's a no from me early season

I fully expect him to be top CTR option by end of seasons though, unless Mitchell goes gangbusters
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Wondering if I crank the 'trials and tribulations' back up again this year?
    Do people enjoy it, find it helpful, annoying, useful or enjoy the read?

Miss the old graphs from a couple years back and not sure more what I can add or improve in it or what I want it to be?
    It usually becomes just a rebuild thread haha, usually start really bad each year

So just putting the feelers out to see if worth doing again, I know all the cool kids use youtube and podcasts so is this still a good medium?
    Just wondering how to best direct my energy this year haha

Not going to play Supercoach this year so will focus my attention 100% to this and on a personal level things are in a good place.
    Have enjoyed the offseason but now things start to ramp up, so let me know what people want or how i can help

Booze

Can you do a video thing each week like spot the ozzie tried?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Lachlan Burr if starting is going to disappoint IMO but I will probably take him due to price. We have seen this before with Burr. Not only does he have David Bhana-esc tackling ability (great instincts to get in the right position but not enough strength to win a single ruck) the coach is also likely to dump him for a better option a few weeks in. 2015 he averaged 29 points from 46 minutes and it was a very slow burn. 28 and 23 first two rounds(with 9 missed tackles!) before being exiled to ressies till round 5 where he got a fantastic bench role. Average of 20 points in 25 minutes for the next 3 weeks before finally getting a starting spot at lock. 8 games as a starting lock saw the Titans win just 2/8 games with an average of 1 missed tackle for every 7 completed. This fringe first grader is absolutely atrocious to watch as a fantasy coach with more 20's than 50's as a starter

Exactly this. Warriors seem to have big wraps on him so will be interesting what sort of mins he gets
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:Bateman at CTR kills my cash stash.  Anything kinda concrete from Sticky yet in regards his role?

Cheers mate, I know you're right. It is going to be hard for everyone to get him in at Centre 3 or 4 rounds in if he does gun it; but that is a big if.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 pm

SI wrote:

Cheers mate, I know you're right.  It is going to be hard for everyone to get him in at Centre 3 or 4 rounds in if he does gun it; but that is a big if.
    Way I see it mate, he would need to be hitting gun 2RF scores 50 plus early season whilst the early favourites Capewell et al flounder around the 35 mark. so much needed to go right for that scenario

I would find it fucking hysterical though if Capewell is no where to be seen come TLT Laugh 3 Can you imagine the panic
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Way I see it mate, he would need to be hitting gun 2RF scores 50 plus early season whilst the early favourites Capewell et al flounder around the 35 mark. so much needed to go right for that scenario

I would find it fucking hysterical though if Capewell is no where to be seen come TLT Laugh 3 Can you imagine the panic

Well he's no dead cert. There's Sorensen, this Nikora guy, and Bukuya could spend time there (eg. start edge and then move through the middle rotation, or even just play edge)

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:45 am