NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:00 am

Mulvy wrote:How many 700k+ guys are in you're team? I've only got four at present and that kinda feels like one to many looking at the rest of the squad.

I’ve got 3, feels like a good number considering the mid rangers available this year
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 am

Bagpipe wrote:This year is fantastic for value in the 2nd row as you all would have seen already. Assuming they all get a run in the starting 13.

If you had to keep four of the following who would you keep - Stimson, Sorensen, Arrow, Murray, Whitehead, Matterson, Papali'i, Gillett. Oh and I'll add Aubo Love because he is an angel sent down from the very heavens to pay for our fantasy sins jocolor

selection in bold...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:12 am

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:
    SI wrote:

Do you have anything objective to back this statement up?

Just my experiences working through remote indigenous communities for decades.... everyone has their own reality and I’m sure for many people this sounds weird but there’s certain places in Australia where this is normal. I’ve personally witnessed at least 200 odd instances where a bloke will be sitting there minding their own business and their woman will come up drunk abusing him verbally and physically and then when he snaps and smacks her the police arrest him. A lot of the time the charges will get dropped however like I stated if the police have evidence they’ll prosecute regardless. Sorry if that upsets people’s reality.

It doesn't upset my reality personally mate. I've spent time in what it sounds like are similar areas of the country that you are referring to, and I've also been in a long term relationship with a physically abusive woman. The context, or lack of such, in your original post will always draw the ire of people; regardless of their reality.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:19 am

SI wrote:

It doesn't upset my reality personally mate.  I've spent time in what it sounds like are similar areas of the country that you are referring to, and I've also been in a long term relationship with a physically abusive woman.  The context, or lack of such, in your original post will always draw the ire of people; regardless of their reality.

Easy to take a snippet of a paragraph and create a new context.... question was can she drop the charge to save him. The answer was no because there’s evidence. Even if she started it and regrets it etc. He got away with it in 2013 and D Walker got away with it recently. Sometimes they get away with it because the woman is trying to protect their man and other times they get away with it because the woman knows she’s made the mess. People can draw “ire” of facts in anything... doesn’t change the fact.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:22 am

I have four 700k+ in my team so far. Macca, Arrow, Cleary and Teddy. And by god it almost sends it off balance. I'm here hoping that Egan and Mann get minuites at 9

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 am

Bagpipe wrote:I have four 700k+ in my team so far. Macca, Arrow, Cleary and Teddy. And by god it almost sends it off balance. I'm here hoping that Egan and Mann get minuites at 9

I think we’re all hoping to see both of them named at 9 this year, Mann is at an awkward price regardless though.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:43 am

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:
    SI wrote:

It doesn't upset my reality personally mate.  I've spent time in what it sounds like are similar areas of the country that you are referring to, and I've also been in a long term relationship with a physically abusive woman.  The context, or lack of such, in your original post will always draw the ire of people; regardless of their reality.

Easy to take a snippet of a paragraph and create a new context.... question was can she drop the charge to save him. The answer was no because there’s evidence. Even if she started it and regrets it etc. He got away with it in 2013 and D Walker got away with it recently. Sometimes they get away with it because the woman is trying to protect their man and other times they get away with it because the woman knows she’s made the mess. People can draw “ire” of facts in anything... doesn’t change the fact.

The "new context" was created by you mate, not me. You said in your original post that 'This is actually quite usual nowadays, women realise once sober they’re the asshole who made the mess and try drop charges.'

Then you decided to add a new context by stating where your experience in this comes from, which, in your words is "remote indigenous communities". So you went from saying women, in a broad sweeping and unclarified statement, to just those in remote indigenous communities. That there would be "new context".

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 am

SI wrote:

The "new context" was created by you mate, not me.  You said in your original post that 'This is actually quite usual nowadays, women realise once sober they’re the asshole who made the mess and try drop charges.'  

Then you decided to add a new context by stating where your experience in this comes from, which, in your words is "remote indigenous communities".  So you went from saying women, in a broad sweeping and unclarified statement, to just those in remote indigenous communities.  That there would be "new context".
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 am

Ok SI stop debating whatever the fuck all this is and reply to my FB thing. Razz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 am

Random wrote:Ok SI stop debating whatever the fuck all this is and reply to my FB thing. Razz

I have never been asked to reply to Dick pics before, but whatever tickles ya fancy.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 am

SI wrote:
    Random wrote:Ok SI stop debating whatever the fuck all this is and reply to my FB thing. Razz

I have never been asked to reply to Dick pics before, but whatever tickles ya fancy.  

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Fuck you.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:01 am

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:

You couldn’t be more wrong... the first post does say that and it is a broad sweeping statement and I still stand by it, (Dylan Walker, non indigenous, footy player, lives in Sydney... literally just happened) so it does happen everywhere and it is quite common. The second comes from the personal experiences I’ve witnessed to further prove my point (which was asked for). Anyway your “ire” comes from the statement women realising they’re the asshole and dropping the charges which is hilarious. The fact that there’s countless photos and statements through these threads sexually objectifying woman goes unchecked but the fact a drunk woman can be a regrettable asshole is where you draw your line. If you don’t believe this happens you’re delusional, whether it’s right or wrong isn’t my point the fact it happens is. We can just agree to disagree because I don’t see any logic forthcoming.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:35 am

I suppose this must need clarification.... in no way do I condone violence in any way.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:47 am

The flip side could be that they want the money still coming in when they divorce the prick.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 am

Move on guys
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:57 am

Kalk, I think you have read SI wrong mate. He's not starting anything. Fuck, he's the forums biggest soft cock. When I initially read your post I too was a little taken aback but after so long on this interwebs thing I've learnt not to take a comment (especially one that serious) at face value. So I waited to hear what further was said and have surmised that I no way do I think it's appropriate to hit a chick (regardless of whether she's being abusive or not) that you are also not condoning that. You are simply stating a fact that you have experienced. The only flaw was in the way it was stated initially and people may have jumped to conclusions. Anywho, long and short, SI ain't having a go at you.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:36 am

Mearcats wrote:Kalk, I think you have read SI wrong mate. He's not starting anything. Fuck, he's the forums biggest soft cock. When I initially read your post I too was a little taken aback but after so long on this interwebs thing I've learnt not to take a comment (especially one that serious) at face value. So I waited to hear what further was said and have surmised that I no way do I think it's appropriate to hit a chick (regardless of whether she's being abusive or not) that you are also not condoning that. You are simply stating a fact that you have experienced. The only flaw was in the way it was stated initially and people may have jumped to conclusions. Anywho, long and short, SI ain't having a go at you.

Cheers, let’s talk more footy.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:36 am

Sure i read somewhere that moga will be eased back via NSW cup
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:02 am

Bagpipe wrote:I have four 700k+ in my team so far. Macca, Arrow, Cleary and Teddy. And by god it almost sends it off balance. I'm here hoping that Egan and Mann get minuites at 9

Just Arrow, Pearce and Macca for me. I've never run with so many middies but I'm feeling it this year
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:21 am

Arrow, Tedesco and Macca for me! But waivering between swapping Arrow with Surgess

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:29 pm