NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:25 pm

For a double loop - based on kickoff times, Taumalolo has to be one of the loop positions - we'd only do that as insurance against a 5th minute injury.
    (could also do Bateman or RTS, but that would mean definitely playing Burns, which doesn't really work)

So I think just loop someone who plays before Souths with Brittain in 17.

AFB would be my bet

Sub in Burns or Staggs if he sucks.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Milchy wrote:
    For a double loop - based on kickoff times, Taumalolo  has to be one of the loop positions - we'd only do that as insurance against a 5th minute injury.
    (could also do Bateman or RTS, but that would mean definitely playing Burns, which doesn't really work)

So I think just loop someone who plays before Souths with Brittain in 17.

AFB would be my bet

Sub in Burns or Staggs if he sucks.

Im happy with that, although my preference would probably be to get the free look at Staggs instead. Thats been a good play the last couple weeks!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 am

1097 for the week sees us climb into the top 200

With no trades left require luck with injuries and captains to climb much further, but lets hope we can continue the charge

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Commun26

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Commun27
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 am

Milchy wrote: 1097 for the week sees us climb into the top 200

With no trades left require luck with injuries and captains to climb much further, but lets hope we can continue the charge

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Commun26

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Commun27

Yeah, another nice round. From a different perspective, while I agree we need a bit of luck re injuries etc, I actually think we've laid the ground work to certainly climb further in the rankings. My guess is we have a better team than many above us, so I wouldnt be surprised if we climb into the top 100 by seasons end, as long as we stay largely injury free!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:39 am

Wow, we are so much better than those other plebs. Go us!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 am

Just had a look at teams around rank 100-150, to see how we compare for our chances of continuing a rise.

Moses and Tevaga are the main players we are missing, Tommy Trbo also around a few teams.

All the teams are good though, so still think it will need a bit of luck with injuries to progress.

Most teams have McInnes and Tedesco - but anyone without them would suffer last week. We just want to catch as many of those monster scores as we can. DCE is probably the player we most want to score big for a ranking rise.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:56 am

You'd want to get the team firing this week, it's up against me in the Mod League. Might have to take the whole forum to stop this juggernaut
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:49 am

Milchy wrote:
    Just had a look at teams around rank 100-150, to see how we compare for our chances of continuing a rise.

Moses and Tevaga are the main players we are missing, Tommy Trbo also around a few teams.

All the teams are good though, so still think it will need a bit of luck with injuries to progress.

Most teams have McInnes and Tedesco - but anyone without them would suffer last week. We just want to catch as many of those monster scores as we can. DCE is probably the player we most want to score big for a ranking rise.

Yeah Tevaga is a big one if he keeps the role that he is currently playing - perhpas we can rely on Kearney to do something odd to help us there.

Outside of that though I think we are about as good as we could get right now. Moses is oing well, but I think we have the best halves pairing going right now.

I'd love to have TTrbo too, but on average, Im not sure he's a huge miss.

Im picking we push for a top 100 spot as long as we go injury free.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:51 am

TLT dependent we look quite good for this week too with a chance to double loop, getting a free look at Staggs, and then a free look at AFB Im guessing??

With some pretty handy replacements if one or both go poorly....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 am

Another rankings climb this week with nothing particularly special to be honest other than a decent captains pick, a good score from AFB, and a solid all-round 17. I think this shows the advantage of getting a solid team (of 17/18) together. I still maintain we have a good shot at a top 100 if we can continue to put a good 17 on the field each week.

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 38 Screen29
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:11 am

Well placed to take advantage of a free look at Staggs this week (vs Penrith at home - could go big). If Burns is out we could even loop him at C ?? Im guessing there could be some more interesting possibilities as well depending on team lists/injuries etc...

Loving the look of our Sea Eagles Thursday too vs the Tigers. I reckon our Quartet all go pretty big first up!

Got a feeling Cook goes big this week too although Haas/Teddy (day time v Warriors) look tempting as well! Do we have the nuts to give the later a crack?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am

At least Manly plays first up. With FIfi, Walters, Brittain all out we might not have to worry about making any decisions lol.

Otherwise if DCE plays, I guess its as simple as a Staggs/Burns loop?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:50 am

Yeah, not a lot of decisions this week - just checking who we put the captaincy on really
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 am

I think community team is left playing Burns & Staggs this week with Fifita out and now Lolo confirmed out, don't think there is any opportunity for looping as only 17 players

AFB FRF, Taupau 2RF, Burns & Staggs at 3rd & 4th INT
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am

Yep, down to 17 players - any more outs and we are playing short
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pm

If Taumalolo doesn't play, we have 17 and hope for the best

If Taumalolo plays, we can look at Staggs and sub someone out of our team if Staggs goes well
    Any thoughts on who that should be?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 pm

If Staggs goes well and Lolo plays, then I'd probably drop Nikora or Fifita. You'd want 50 45+ from Staggs though I guess.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If Staggs goes well and Lolo plays, then I'd probably drop Nikora or Fifita. You'd want 50 45+ from Staggs though I guess.

Can't drop Nikora (at least not after seeing Staggs's score) The only other CTRs are Staggs and Burns, who both lockout at the same time

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Actually, we can put Burns as starting CTR and then have

18 Nikora
    19. Staggs
    20. Walters

Swap Walters and Nikora if we want to keep Staggs's score

Is that a good bet?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Other option is Tolo in 18 as insurance in case he plays injured and struggles

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 am