NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 37 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Nice result this week guys, nearly into the top 200.

Probably worth polling this week on SST to JTrbo. Im torn too be honest. Means any more that two players out in a given round and we are down to 16. That said SST just looks like a 30 - 40 point player these days and JTrbo could hit 60 most weeks....

I kinda feel like we are in a position where we either do it this week or hold the trade for the bulk of the rest of the season.

EDIT: Huh, just read on the forum that SST has a calf injury. Might make the decision easier...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 37 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Milchcow Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:36 pm

SST only lasted 5 minutes in his 2nd stint, which is the main reason due his poor score. 
    Have to wait for updates, but if he's going to miss more then a week or 2, may as well pull the trigger now
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Fifi comes back this week so maybe we can save the last trade for another week or two and play loops with Burns and Staggs if we can. I know SST's price sitting on the bench isn't ideal but if one of our guns get injured in the next two weeks having the last trade would be handy. (just offering a different view)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am

Just heard some OZ fullah (journo) on the radio suggesting SST's injury might not just be a one week one. Will wait and see, but Im tending towards flicking him if he's out this week.

Understand your point though Code!

I can abslutely see the merits in holding the trade. I just think if we do decide to hold it we should hold for as long as we possibly can rather than a middle ground route.

If we are not going to hold we should maximise the value of the trade and get JTrbo this week. Id say for every week we have him in out team its 10-15 points extra. If we can hit that for the remainder of the season that should be enough points to deal with 1 week of 16 fit players should that arrise.

Also, its worth looking at the looping options this week (they are limited IMO).

Staggs plays early but is playing the Storm.

Storm plays before Souths so no chance at a free look at Burns.

If SST is out (and we dont trade) we'd have to loop Staggs and Burns.

If we trade SST the loop would be Staggs and Taupau/AFB probably (unless Im missing something obviuos). But the clincher is we wouldn't have to play Burns or Staggs.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:49 pm

I think the only options are no trade, or SST to JTrbo

Think JTrbo gives us best benefit of players we don't already own.

Hopefully we get some useful updates this week
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:33 pm

SST is a tough one for a last trade. If you knew he'd be out for three weeks you'd pull the trigger now.

If information is scarce and he ends up only missing a week then you'd regret using the last trade.

Six weeks left, we'll need that trade. Guarantee it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 pm

Reading on the NRL site that SST is listed as round 22-23. That makes the decision easier doesnt it?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Yep sounds good to me; SST to Jake would get my vote.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:01 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yep sounds good to me; SST to Jake would get my vote.

With WT, JTurbo ultra consistent Uber gun
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Shall we put it to the vote? Are there any other options on the card other than the SST to Jake trade? Or is it simply a vote of make that trade or not?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Shall we put it to the vote? Are there any other options on the card other than the SST to Jake trade? Or is it simply a vote of make that trade or not?

I think for a sustained push at least Turbo needs to come in, anyone else is unders or praying for a wild purple patch
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Welshy wrote:

I think for a sustained push at least Turbo needs to come in, anyone else is unders or praying for a wild purple patch

Yeah I agree. I'll put up a poll tomorrow (unless someone else does in the mean time). That gives people the chance to add another option if they think there is one.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Team is travelling along nicely Smile
    Haven't been able to put in as much as I would like recently helping out with this team (Other than voting) so good to see it is still going strong with all the input here.

Nice work and I reckon the SST-JTrbo looks a solid trade
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 pm

So with the JTrbo trade going through, I was wondering about loop options....

Perhopas the obvious one is Staggs (get a first look) and then put in Fifita? if Staggs goes sub 45-50?

I wondered though, would it make sense to put both red dots into the 17, and have Lolo at 18 in case Lolo HIAs in 5 min? If that happened we could avoid his score by playing Fifi and one of Burns/Staggs in the 17.

If he goes well as expected, then you just do the Staggs Fifi loop...

Does that make sense? or have I stuffed it up?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:So with the JTrbo trade going through, I was wondering about loop options....

Perhopas the obvious one is Staggs (get a first look) and then put in Fifita? if Staggs goes sub 45-50?

I wondered though, would it make sense to put both red dots into the 17, and have Lolo at 18 in case Lolo HIAs in 5 min? If that happened we could avoid his score by playing Fifi and  one of Burns/Staggs in the 17.

If he goes well as expected, then you just do the Staggs Fifi loop...

Does that make sense? or have I stuffed it up?

Don't think you should plan for that sort of dilemma, I like sticking with the Stags/Fifi look mate

If the second scenario was voted on I'd play Burns, not a fan of Staggs against what could be a bounceback Storm team
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Taupau 17th man and Fifita in the starting team.
    Don't think we need to worry about looping.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:06 am

Welshy wrote:

Don't think you should plan for that sort of dilemma, I like sticking with the Stags/Fifi look mate

If the second scenario was voted on I'd play Burns, not a fan of Staggs against what could be a bounceback Storm team

Thanks mate. Yeah, its highly unlikely Tolo sux, but if he does we may as well have something in place for it as there is absolutely nothing to lose. Whereas if he did happen to get a 2nd minute HIA we would in effect put 50 points on most other teams - would in fact be gold to be honest! And yes, agree on Burns over Staggs!

Will see what others think. Im not much of a looping expert, perhaps there's a better option out there. @milchy?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:13 am

code delta wrote:Taupau 17th man and Fifita in the starting team.
    Don't think we need to worry about looping.

That will probably end up happening in the end, but to date the forum team has always set up the 21 to take advantage of the loop should the right circumstances arise. I.e. no majority philosophical opposition to dong it. So with that in mind we may as well set it up to benefit if possible.

I think this week it is more than likely though that we will end up with the playing 17 that you are proposing...
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Think we'll end up playing our main 17 anyway, but probably no harm setting up the Staggs/Fifita loop.

I'd probably be wanting a 60+ from Staggs to leave Fifita out comfortably though and can't see him scoring another double, especially against Storm.

17. Brittain
    18. Staggs
    19. Fifita

That should work I think.

Brittain and Fifita lock together, so could see if Fifita stays bench before making the switch, only a 1 hour window though. My threshold of 60+ from Staggs would probably be slightly lowered if still on the bench, but then it's Fifita.. probably come on throwing offloads and bodies all over the place.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Nikora under a cloud now too. Sharks expecting to be 1-17 though.

Should be fine for us as Burns/Nikora lock together also, so we can sub Burns into the starting line-up for Nikora to avoid Staggs auto-counting as the highest ranked CTR sub.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:04 pm