NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 22 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu May 02, 2019 10:36 am

leaguegod wrote:

similar the chammas piece on the Penrith Debacle, you can tell that in both cases the Journo's have spent a lot of time investigating what went down, inclined to believe that in both cases its pretty reliable to believe both stories and both were great reads, rugby league could do with more of this type of stuff rather then the constant baseless rumor mill and game bashing 90% of the media puts out there  

i mean the mole just takes the piss now, has an article yesterday morning that broncos are gonna shake things up by moving Su'a to hooker for tonights game, sound crazy ? well crazy enough to get clicks i guess but he was then one of the 2 names to drop out of the 21 man squad last night lol

Agree mate and given every article can't be about players doing hospital visits and donating their time or other positive stories; if we have to report on negative-type incidents, I'd prefer more of these measured and balanced articles.

Yes it was semi soap-opera esque but that was unfortunately more to do with the debacle more so than the journalism.
    As a fan it actually provided some clarity on the whole situation.

No knock on Siebold either. He merely took up an opportunity, appears to be a good coach and thus I have no doubt he'll guide what could be a really good young team to some eventual success.

But Broncos management had the perfect opportunity to transition a club legend in Bennett out for a final year in 2020, whilst at the same time transitioning his successor in (something I was calling for and hoping would happen throughout the whole debacle).....but they dropped the ball in my mind.

Gotta say, we've been fairly fortunate over the years to have always had decent management that have continually made sound judgement calls and this is probably the first time I don't really have full confidence in their decision making.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 22 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by my tv broke Thu May 02, 2019 10:46 am

leaguegod wrote:i mean the mole just takes the piss now, has an article yesterday morning that broncos are gonna shake things up by moving Su'a to hooker for tonights game, sound crazy ? well crazy enough to get clicks i guess but he was then one of the 2 names to drop out of the 21 man squad last night lol

haha. Did you see where he got that? This bloke who is notorious for making shit up. Its incredible that the "mole" actually gets paid by ch 9.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu May 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Agree mate and given every article can't be about players doing hospital visits and donating their time or other positive stories; if we have to report on negative-type incidents, I'd prefer more of these measured and balanced articles.

Yes it was semi soap-opera esque but that was unfortunately more to do with the debacle more so than the journalism.
    As a fan it actually provided some clarity on the whole situation.

No knock on Siebold either. He merely took up an opportunity, appears to be a good coach and thus I have no doubt he'll guide what could be a really good young team to some eventual success.

But Broncos management had the perfect opportunity to transition a club legend in Bennett out for a final year in 2020, whilst at the same time transitioning his successor in (something I was calling for and hoping would happen throughout the whole debacle).....but they dropped the ball in my mind.

Gotta say, we've been fairly fortunate over the years to have always had decent management that have continually made sound judgement calls and this is probably the first time I don't really have full confidence in their decision making.

Andrew Gee anyone?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Not sure how much is being reported south of the border, but Tom Dearden is the most anticipated debut that I can recall. Sure a lot of that is because of how the Broncos are travelling at the moment and talk of mid season transfers and the coaching saga, but geez, I can't recall anything like it. The closest thing I can recall is when 17 year old Karmichael Hunt started in 2004 when Lockyer moved to 5/8. I remember a couple of weeks out from round 1 one of the assistants was asked how they thought he'd go with the reserves after being elevated to the top squad, and the reply was "Who said anything about him playing reserve grade".
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu May 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Ice wrote:

Andrew Gee anyone?

He made fantastic judgement calls for the Broncos.

Maybe not so much for the NRL...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 pm

leaguegod wrote:

similar the chammas piece on the Penrith Debacle, you can tell that in both cases the Journo's have spent a lot of time investigating what went down, inclined to believe that in both cases its pretty reliable to believe both stories and both were great reads, rugby league could do with more of this type of stuff rather then the constant baseless rumor mill and game bashing 90% of the media puts out there  

i mean the mole just takes the piss now, has an article yesterday morning that broncos are gonna shake things up by moving Su'a to hooker for tonights game, sound crazy ? well crazy enough to get clicks i guess but he was then one of the 2 names to drop out of the 21 man squad last night lol

the mole knows literally no more than anyone on here. He sees something on twitter/facebook/ig then sprukes it as if he has some sort of inside track. He is a fucking joke. I cant believe people actually ask him questions etc as if he has some form of insider knowledge.

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2019 12:51 am

I just wanted to drop by and laugh. Haha...fuck’n Bonzos.

Laughing lol! Beer Rolling Laugh

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2019 5:00 am

Rolling Eyes stay classy Rabbit.

i don't even know what i'm feeling anymore, just pity more than anything, i tune in every weekend to a team full of guys down on confidence, form and luck... That first half we dominated field position and barely put a foot wrong, really didn't deserve to be down 24-0 at the half, but out of 4 errors, 4 Souths tries followed, and our attitude just dropped off the earth.

If this team puts all the pieces together and clicks, we'll be really tough to beat, but there-in lies the problem - I'm saying 'If', not too long ago i was saying 'When', but it's getting hard to keep the faith, i see a few guys out there trying to rest on laurels that don't exist, as far as I'm concerned, when Boyd, Roberts and TPJ go, we'll be better off for it.

Thought Deardon was solid, didn't look out of place and was tough as nails in defense, had a weird habit of throwing non-stop dummies when he took the line on, but he'll grow out of that once he play enough NRL to know the pros aren't as easily fooled as the blokes playing QLD Cup.

last but certainly not least, can we get Bird and Oates to a fucking catching school or something?! 8 Rounds of football and i reckon the pair of them have cost us at least 50 points in total from blowing it when literally all there was left to do was catch the ball and place it on the ground.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 03, 2019 10:22 am

From an outsider's point of POV - and some of these are just assumptions - too many blokes have checked out mentally.

Roberts, TPJ, Boyd, Lodge etc... all their names (and prob more) are being tossed up when talking about leaving brisbane next year. So many of them just look like they are out there collecting their cheques and just going through the motions. They clearly have not bought into Seibold's methods, and it might take a mass cleanout for them to actually do it. From the comments made after their big win last weekend - talking about letting them play their brand of footy.... etc.. thats not good. They should be trying to play the coach's brand of footy and its partly the young coach's fault too for not coaching to the team's strengths.

Boyd needs to be told, not given an option to retire. He was shocking last night, and when your captain doesnt want to make a tackle to try and stop a try you are never going to be a good side. He needs to go, and he needs to go now. They have too many young forwards that are too inconsistent.

Deardon didnt look out of place, but he didnt have much help to be honest. There were a couple of half chances but his outside men were not ready or were not pushing up in support. He looked really good I thought.

Souths looked amazing, a good mix of structure and playing what is in front of them. Bennett has once again proved that he is the best rep coach in the league. His ability to get an established elite team to play to the best of its ability is outstanding. He can not build a roster, but my god he can turn a team on the cusp of being great, into being great. I would actually like to have him back at newcastle with the roster we have now, Im sure he would get the best out of them after Brown has done such a good job building the roster... (sounds familiar).

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri May 03, 2019 10:26 am

"We showed some real glimpses and believe it or not tonight was actually our best defensive display as far as effective contact, and so on," - Seibold

It's never too late https://www.saxton.com.au/jason-taylor/
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 03, 2019 11:53 am

No Worries wrote:"We showed some real glimpses and believe it or not tonight was actually our best defensive display as far as effective contact, and so on," - Seibold

This looks bizarre but isn't actually too far off the mark. For the first 20 minutes or so, we were easily winning the middle. Heads dropped as soon as we made a couple of errors and as is standard procedure our fullback isn't game enough to attack the ball or put his body on the line.

We didn't concede a line break until right on half time when Roberts was in no mans land, right about where his future stands right now.

Dearden did incredibly well for a half on debut in defense. His two misses were putting a hand on Reynolds as he scored the runaway try, and the last few minutes when Sutton barged over (not really his fault there).

We fell away badly int he last 15 minutes after Oates dropped that sitter of a try. We were well and truly cooked by that point anyway.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 pm

The scoreline didn't reflect the match. A couple of bullshit (and I mean that in a freakish way rather than a bad call) tries and at 24-6 Oates drops the ball a metre out from the line which makes a match of it. Then Surgess scores from the next set (still haven't worked out how it was a 7 tackle 20m set when Bird passes it backwards before the line, Oates drops it and Reynolds then kicks it dead). Still, we lost by over 30. Trying to excuse that or take positives from that is like trying to polish a turd.

Niko to Warriors confirmed this morning.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri May 03, 2019 12:36 pm

I don't know how much we've put into upgraded contracts (there would have to be some), but Thaiday retiring at the end of last season, Niko going, possibly Roberts going and Boyd looking like 2020 wouldn't be a great signing, perhaps there's some room for some big names to come to the club.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Dip wrote:still haven't worked out how it was a 7 tackle 20m set when Bird passes it backwards before the line, Oates drops it and Reynolds then kicks it dead

I believe its because it was a knock on in goal by Oates. It's a bad rule, but it is what it is.

Dip

Post by Dip Fri May 03, 2019 12:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I believe its because it was a knock on in goal by Oates. It's a bad rule, but it is what it is.

At first I thought that too, but Bird definitely passed before the line and there was no talk of it being forward. Didn't think he juggled it, so the knock on was in the field of play IMO and should have been a scrum on the 10m line, but could be wrong, and doesn't really matter when it's ended 38-6. Didn't pay much attention to the replays. Like Surmo I was too busy yelling at the TV about how those 2 have left about half a dozen tries out there this year (but somehow still managed to be close to our best players this year Sad ).
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri May 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Sick of seeing Roberts limping around every game, the bloke dead-set looked at 50% from kick-off. Either get your body right or piss off seriously.

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2019 1:29 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Sick of seeing Roberts limping around every game, the bloke dead-set looked at 50% from kick-off. Either get your body right or piss off seriously.

The only memory I have of a fit roberts was his double pie when he played for the Gold Coast.

I'm really quite shocked the Rabbits are keen to pick him up. He isn't worth watch for mine.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Dip wrote:
    Like Surmo I was too busy yelling at the TV about how those 2 have left about half a dozen tries out there this year (but somehow still managed to be close to our best players this year  Sad ).

lol the brackets is so ridiculous but also true, both always look in good form but have some really bad drops in them

i agree with most here, broncos were for a large part better then the score suggests, some things went against them but i also think they forced some of that on themselves by not putting in as much effort as the souths players. especially boyd and roberts. i mean boyd has had quite a few moments where you think maybe it just looks bad because he mis-read the bounce or play but it just happens to often he loses that benefit of the doubt, he is simply off the pace and not reacting when he needs to.

i'm also not sure how the comps slowest halfback streaks away and only the debutant gives enough of a fuck to try and chase him. he may have to much of a headstart but it still showed where quite a few of the broncos established players are at atm

good win for souths tho, had a few tight games against average teams, they would have enjoyed being able to race away for the first time in a while. i still think they other 2 top teams are a level above but they're shaping up as the team most likely to change last years grand final repeating
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 03, 2019 1:57 pm

lukeaye wrote:I'm really quite shocked the Rabbits are keen to pick him up. He isn't worth watch for mine.

Apparently, they aren't. Bennett wants him, but admin don't (and understandably).

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2019 3:14 pm

lukeaye wrote:

The only memory I have of a fit roberts was his double pie when he played for the Gold Coast.

I'm really quite shocked the Rabbits are keen to pick him up. He isn't worth watch for mine.

Souths have no interest, at any level, in this overrated hack. None. Don’t need him. It’s just typical media bullshit.

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:37 am