NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

filthridden
    filthridden

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 am

SI wrote:

I remember when you did this and how it then took off on the FB pages, and every Facebook Dream Team page and Sportal then went silly with pretty much everyone's name  Lol

And still kinda do.

Unless you are a Cow.

And named Milchy.

English fun has always been a distant second to Maths fun for Ruminants...

SI, I am so glad you have such a good memory because I didn't think anyone would actually remember/believe me that I coined it.

*proud*
    Chucky
    Chucky

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by Chucky Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 am

Krump wrote:26, 32, 18 and 9 Chucky
    Thank you.
    Lewis and Niukore out.
    Red dot in. Now to try and find news on Fainu.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

Rabbit wrote:After over 20 years in league dressing sheds, I can assure you no woman coach will fit in there. Or training. It’s a sausage fest. You won’t see a woman coach for that reason alone. Yes, they allow women in to do interviews, but it is very carefully managed. When the cameras aren’t there, boys just want to have fun and it is no place for a woman....that is the practical reason. Wouldn’t matter how tough or mentally strong or talented, the dynamics make it impractical.

Although I think you're right to a point, Rabs. I think things have changed a lot since 20 years ago.
    We constantly see "fly on the wall" type dressing room shots of players being silly, dancing, Des smashing doors etc.

but you're right in pointing out that it's the male group-mentality that has to change.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 am

filthridden wrote:

Although I think you're right to a point, Rabs. I think things have changed a lot since 20 years ago.
    We constantly see "fly on the wall" type dressing room shots of players being silly, dancing, Des smashing doors etc.

but you're right in pointing out that it's the male group-mentality that has to change.

Why? What’s not working now? Why does a woman coach HAVE to be in the NRL, and why must the male mentality have to change to accomodate it? Just to satisfy the left? This is the problem with the world today and I say, fuck that. I believe the players will too. Shower time makes it impractical. You won’t see a female coach in your lifetime, imo.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

Yes, it is a huge problem in the world today, that a woman be afforded the same opportunity to work, as a man. Says the old white man.

lol!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 am

my tv broke wrote:Yes, it is a huge problem in the world today, that a woman be afforded the same opportunity to work, as a man. Says the old white man.

lol!

I might try and put it to my boss today. They are thinking about hiring a woman at my work (I know right!) but me and the boys like to get our dicks out - its just not going to work.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 am

In all seriousness, shouldn't the hiring and firing of any individual simply come down to who is best for the job? If a woman happens to be the best coach available then I am yet to see any sensible arguments for why she couldn't be hired.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:In all seriousness, shouldn't the hiring and firing of any individual simply come down to who is best for the job? If a woman happens to be the best coach available then I am yet to see any sensible arguments for why she couldn't be hired.

I agree but like any workplace, 'team fit' comes into it.
    Look how quickly some teams have turned on their coach in the NRL over the past few years.
    From a club board point of view, hiring a female coach would be a minefield. That's not right but that's the reality of where we are at right now.

I look forward to the day where a woman is considered for a major coaching role but I don't see it happening any time soon.

The real question is what we can do as a sport to start progressing towards a competition where a female coach is a reality.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:38 am

From Lone Scouts article this morning:

What's the go with Fainu LS? I heard he had a court case coming up which might affect his availability. Please tell me this isn't so.

There's been no court decisions yet with proceedings pushed back until a later date. He's named to play and expected to be Manly's starting hooker for the rest of the season at this point.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am

Reklaw wrote:From Lone Scouts article this morning:

What's the go with Fainu LS? I heard he had a court case coming up which might affect his availability. Please tell me this isn't so.

There's been no court decisions yet with proceedings pushed back until a later date. He's named to play and expected to be Manly's starting hooker for the rest of the season at this point.

Was just going to post this.  Spewing I missed out on him.  2 trades left though, he's still worth a look.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:41 am

is Koro coming back this season?
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am

wolfking wrote:

Was just going to post this.  Spewing I missed out on him.  2 trades left though, he's still worth a look.

Glad I grabbed him, seems consistent. Considering trading Farah now and playing Fainu at 17. Leaves me with 1 trade if I actually do it haha cheer
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

filthridden wrote:

I agree but like any workplace, 'team fit' comes into it.
    Look how quickly some teams have turned on their coach in the NRL over the past few years.
    From a club board point of view, hiring a female coach would be a minefield. That's not right but that's the reality of where we are at right now.

I look forward to the day where a woman is considered for a major coaching role but I don't see it happening any time soon.

The real question is what we can do as a sport to start progressing towards a competition where a female coach is a reality.

For sure mate, I accept that there are issues, but history has been plagued by these types of things yet over time they slowly get resolved.

In NZ our Prime Minister has come back from 6 weeks paternity leave. That would have been unthinkable not so long ago....

Over time things change for the better is my point. How long this might take is a completely different discussion IMO.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

Reklaw wrote:From Lone Scouts article this morning:

It's a fucking joke Evil or Very Mad  It's also great for my team cheer
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:So stuck!!! Have 2 spots available and it’s a fight between Arrow, Fainu, Kikau and Martin. At the moment Arrow and Fainu are winning. Arrows pump up story has sold me that he is back to pumping out 60-80 minutes and I feel Fainu will just keep pumping out big scores and it could be a real attacking game against the dogs. He will score a try!
    Thoughts lads?? What two would you pick out of Arrow Martin Kikau and fainu
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Arrow and Martin
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:56 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Jeeze killer team mate if you get to leave two of those out!!

I think at this stage of the season it depends on what you are trying to achieve? I'd personally go with Arrow and Martin but that would be the conservative option and would give you two players that most other teams also have. If you are aiming to climb the rankings then I'd go with the other two. Both have the potential to go bigger than Arrow and Martin but will be bigger PODs particularly if it means not playing the other two. The downside is that the chances of them going bigger are small I think.

Same old story, risk reward!!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 am

Not having Martin or Fainu or Jake Turbo is really giving me the shits.

I've got three trades, but I also find it hard to justify dumping anyone that I do have.

Maybe Farah has run his course, but he will just sit at 18th man anyway.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Jeeze killer team mate if you get to leave two of those out!!

I think at this stage of the season it depends on what you are trying to achieve? I'd personally go with Arrow and Martin but that would be the conservative option and would give you two players that most other teams also have. If you are aiming to climb the rankings then I'd go with the other two. Both have the potential to go bigger than Arrow and Martin but will be bigger PODs particularly if it means not playing the other two. The downside is that the chances of them going bigger are small I think.

Same old story, risk reward!!
    Well I’m thinking Fainu and the Sea Eagles have a real good change of getting lots of attack going this weekend against the Dogs, so because I’m looking at climbing some ranks I might go Fainu and Arrow, most people sold Arrow after origin and a couple dud performances. Although I have Rhyse Martin staring at me on top of the page and in my dp ????
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

my tv broke wrote:Not having Martin or Fainu or Jake Turbo is really giving me the shits.

I've got three trades, but I also find it hard to justify dumping anyone that I do have.

Maybe Farah has run his course, but he will just sit at 18th man anyway.
    How did you miss Martin?

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:10 pm