NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Krump
    Krump

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by Krump Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 am

White Lightning wrote:I don't why their nicknames changed but I was use to T-Trbo & J-Trbo which I thought was perfect & now everyone says Turbo & Jurbo on facebook. Those supercoaches did it.
    Animals Laugh 3
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Who's the red dot mate?

Roosters player, this week unfortunately. So can only look at SJ for looping purposes.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 am

wolfking wrote:Hi lads, is there anything I need to do here?  Am 250 points ahead in my work league and really want to hang on, 6 point of difference players but his different players put 70 on mine last week.  Plus the extra 47 from Cook over Smith didn't help and has me a bit nervous;

Cook
    Fifita Taupau
    Tolo Crichton JTurbo
    Cleary ARey
    Aitken Marsters
    Ponga Teddy Mitchell

Smith Martin Arrow SJ

Farah Holland Clifford Reddot

2 trades and 100K.  Thinking of benching Farah and playing the three halves, or I could trade Farah to McInnes who my opponent has.  I could really bench any of those halves.  Cleary who knows how he will perform, ARey could struggle against the Chooks.  SJ should go good at home and is one player I could play to cancel out.  I'm thinking though ARey and Farah could struggle to keep their points up too for the next four weeks, but Reynolds has been great, I just get scared every week watching him.  Not sure if it's worth using a crucial trade on my team as it stands or hold a week and see if the 250 gets eaten into again over the weekend.

Cheers!

Definitely play ARey, he seems to be pretty consistent regardless of opposition. Also, I think he'll have plenty of conversions since the Roosters have a cat pack and I think Cook and Surgess will tear them up in the middle.

As for Farah, trading to McInnes seems like a decent pick but I'd hold the trade and just bench him, since SJ will probably score at least okay against the Knights, the worst defensive team in the comp.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 am

Bethany_B wrote:

There's that but Hayne will be running at the Dragons right edge defence which is really leaky. Hayne seems to be better than Aitken recently, but I think Aitken could also go big if Hayne goes back to being lazy

Im not sold on Hayne yet, but as you say recent form points to good things. I think the Dragons bounce back this week and in choosing backs, in particular Cs, I'd rather be on they in the winning team. Maybe its a coin toss.... go with your gut if you feel Hayne will go well in that match up.

I would play Ese'ese though.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 am

wolfking wrote:

Roosters player, this week unfortunately.  So can only look at SJ for looping purposes.

Perfect player to do that with given your team mate. I'd be looping SJ and Farah.

The only other change I'd consider if I were you is a switch of Mitchel to C, and then upgrade to T-Trbo in the back 3. Can you mange that? Even if it means ditching Aitken - You have Holland for cover.

Save the last trade for injury.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 am

Bethany_B wrote:Hi all, would love advice on team selection.

I've lost about 700 spots in the last 2 weeks, down to 1087th this week and trying to claw back ground. 1 trade left that I'm holding for injuries, so no trades this week.

My team is:

Cook (C)
    Kikau, Taupau
    RMartin, Taumalolo, Jurbo
    Cleary, ARey
    Marsters, Aitken
    Ponga, Turbo, Hayne

Smith, Kaufusi, SJ, RTS

Widdop, Brimson, Ese'ese, Lewis

I do plan on playing Smith and Kaufusi (I bought him since he's a good hole runner and can score a meat pie), but not 100% on which three I should play, out of RTS, SJ, Ese'ese, Hayne, Aitken or even Brimson.

Hayne and Aitken are marking up on each other, and I'm 99% sure I'll play Hayne, considering how leaky the Dragons' right edge defence is. Not sure on Aitken though, but he scored pretty well against Parra back in round 16.

RTS and SJ should do pretty well against the Knights but I don't know whether Ese'ese is a better pick over one of them, and if so, which one?

Brimson is a left field option, though I don't think the Titans will do very well against Penrith.

Hayne has been pretty strong mate and should go pretty well. Both Aitken and Hayne could go okay really. I think the 4 you are sitting out is probably the right move. Ese worth a punt but I think at home SJ and RTS go good.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 am

Fortitude wrote:

Wasn't there some outrage at the start of the season around this behaviour. I seem, to remember taking issue with Dook, Piku, Konga etc.

There is outrage every year.

It gets ridiculous when you're shortening Cook to Dook how the Fook are the sooks suppose to know who you're talking about. It is actually ridiculous just to change the first letter of a guys surname when no one else has the same name. Arey, Jrey, Surgess, Gurgess CS9, that shit makes sense. The rest are people being fuckwits and trying to be cool. Probably ex renegades.

Did you say somthing about outrage ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Perfect player to do that with given your team mate. I'd be looping SJ and Farah.

The only other change I'd consider if I were you is a switch of Mitchel to C, and then upgrade to T-Trbo in the back 3. Can you mange that? Even if it means ditching Aitken - You have Holland for cover.

Save the last trade for injury.

Yeah, I probably will loop those two, but I think SJ pumps out a 50.  Is Turbo worth a trade with only two left over say McInnes?  I could trade Holland to Turbo and keep Aitken as backup even, just wouldn't have a WFB cover. Aitken is a player I'd like to just cancel out, but Turbo would be a player I could cancel out also.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 am

Got Milfy this week in the Qualifying Finals. Surprisingly we have quite a different squad. There are about 6 or 7 players who we have that are different, will be a good matchup.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I probably will loop those two, but I think SJ pumps out a 50.  Is Turbo worth a trade with only two left over say McInnes?  I could trade Holland to Turbo and keep Aitken as backup even, just wouldn't have a WFB cover.  Aitken is a player I'd like to just cancel out, but Turbo would be a player I could cancel out also.

I think Holland is the perfect player for your EMGs given his DPP and potential to go big. I'd keep him to be honest.

Yeah, perhaps if your goal is to beat your co-worker, McInnes is the safer play. I guess you go Farah to McInnes do you?

I'd rather cancel out T-Trbo than Aitken though.

Both options seem sensible to me mate, and with only 4 rounds to go, I think its more than ok to go down to just the one trade!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 am

No Worries wrote:

There is outrage every year.

It gets ridiculous when you're shortening Cook to Dook how the Fook are the sooks suppose to know who you're talking about. It is actually ridiculous just to change the first letter of a guys surname when no one else has the same name. Arey, Jrey, Surgess, Gurgess CS9, that shit makes sense. The rest are people being fuckwits and trying to be cool. Probably ex renegades.

Did you say somthing about outrage ?

Just calm down Norries.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:52 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I think Holland is the perfect player for your EMGs given his DPP and potential to go big. I'd keep him to be honest.

Yeah, perhaps if your goal is to beat your co-worker, McInnes is the safer play. I guess you go Farah to McInnes do you?

I'd rather cancel out T-Trbo than Aitken though.

Both options seem sensible to me mate, and with only 4 rounds to go, I think its more than ok to go down to just the one trade!

Yeah, I know my red dot is a centre too so can loop Holland in future rounds if need be too. Both are decent but yes, watching Turbo makes me nervous with what he can do. Could trade Marsters to him I guess but Marsters should score more than Aitken for the rest of the year. Farah to McInnes is tempting but could even wait a week and do it next week. If all players are fit at the start of the round, you're right 1 trade for the last three weeks should be okay. Saying that, in reality 250 points should be too difficult to catch up in 4 rounds with only 6 differential players.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:53 am

Fortitude wrote:

Just calm down Norries.

Bahaha Twisted Evil
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

Bahaha Twisted Evil

This is no laughing matter Vint
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:19 am

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
    2 DAVID FUSITU’A
    3 GERARD BEALE
    4 SOLOMONE KATA
    5 KEN MAUMALO
    6 BLAKE GREEN
    7 SHAUN JOHNSON
    8 JAMES GAVET
    9 ISSAC LUKE
    10 AGNATIUS PAASI
    11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
    12 ADAM BLAIR
    13 SIMON MANNERING
    Interchange:
    14 JAZZ TEVAGA
    15 LEIVAHA PULU
    16 BUNTY AFOA
    17 PETA HIKU
    18 ANTHONY GELLING
    20 JOSEPH VUNA
    21 CHRIS SATAE
    22 KARL LAWTON
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:27 am

Bloody Tohu

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:57 am

Chewie wrote:

This is no laughing matter Vint

We've gone full circle this season with this stupidity. I like it!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 am

hymenbustas wrote:Bloody Tohu

@ nrl physio - surgery went well for Tohu Harris on his knee injury suffered in training last week. Is expected back approx. in 3 weeks time.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am

TPJ number 21.  Isaako wing.

Fainu still named with no reserve hooker bar MWright in the reserves.

Norman FB, Hayne wing, Guth centre, Salmon 5/8.

MWZ in for Thompson.  Fonua in the reserves.

No Liddle, he's number 18.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:14 am

wolfking wrote:
    Norman FB, Hayne wing, Guth centre, Salmon 5/8.

Hopefully Gutho will actually pass the ball to Hayne, I can see him getting overlaps since Aitken and Nightingale both tend to rush up and jam in defence

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:43 am