NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Welshy Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Out of all the players in my fantasy team, which admittedly is fucking shit at the moment, Murray would be last one I’d trade. He will average 55+ from here. I’ve never been more confident about a player. I’ll run naked around my pool of I’m wrong. Not only that, he will prove to be the best player in the NRL in future. A tackling robot, hits it up twice a set and sets up plays. Watch our set plays close to the line.....he’s always in them. The next Cameron Smith. Big call, I know, but you’re talking about the future NSW and Australian captain. Natural leader. Captained every junior side he’s played in plus NSW and Australian U20’s. Absolute class act. He iis the brains that Souths have lacked for a long time. Mark my words Welshy.

Screen shot this post for posterity.
    Thank you Rabs, have zero doubts on Murrys footballing ability but i am concerned about his minutes in a Rabbits pack currently going very well, his 45 minutes on the weekend are a concern going forward for me, Do you see that changing anytime soon?
    Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Welshy Mon May 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Pain wrote:

I'm thinking of getting rid of GI too. Could just rely on Isaako for similar points. Not ideal but not much more stands out.

I'll probably bring dugan in when he's back. Running him and ARey will be something special.
    Gulp.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Will bring one of Surgess or grand Angus in this week.
    Can't bring them both in unless I drop the plan to bring Cam Mc in also.
    Thinking Cam Mc and Angus will increase in value enough to think it's this week or never to get both of them.
    Any thoughts?

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Thank you Rabs, have zero doubts on Murrys footballing ability but i am concerned about his minutes in a Rabbits pack currently going very well, his 45 minutes on the weekend are a concern going forward for me, Do you see that changing anytime soon?

Short answer : Yeh nah maybe. It’s all a punt. Like crypto, I’m hodling.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Short answer : Yeh nah maybe. It’s all a punt. Like crypto, I’m hodling.
    Reckon I'm going Smith - Crichton/Surgess this week , really want to hold Murray because of Surgess looming suspension but he is at a price where it's only a little jump to a gun half instead of running JMK
    DaGold

Post by DaGold Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Really liked the look of Brimson so time to cashout JMK.  455k itb and could go Sorenson to JTrbo leaving $0.  Yes?  

My team then looks like this.  Only 16 trades left but I have a lot of players I intend to keep.

Cook
    Kikau  Arrow
    JTrbo  Lolo  JFH
    DCE  Maloney
    Isaako  Mitchell
    Teddy  Ponga  RTS

McCullogh  Martin  RFM  Havili

Su'a  Paas  Brimson  Murray

Look to cashout RFM or Murray next week and swap Maloney to Cleary.  Given their high BE do I just cash one of them this week and trade out Sorenson next week?  Any other thoughts please?
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Any thoughts on B Smith?

0 B/E and averaging 35 minutes( last 2 rounds) at 0.92 PPM
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Rabbit wrote:
    .....anyone dumping Murray is nuts.
    Are you trying to tease me? And how did you know I had a vasectomy today? Seriously been in for the snip today. Day off work to plan the team for this week. Then undo it all after TLT

Sent from Topic'it App

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 pm

The beautiful part about vasectomies is you can spurt your seed anywhere without fear or favour. Nirvana.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Smith and GI out for Harris and Norman

Yay or nay?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 pm

I like Rab's confidence in Murray but sharing minutes with 3 Burgess brothers, Crichton and Sutton is my concern, like others have already mentioned. Great young footballer and deserves to be playing more minutes than he did last week but the problem is the Burgess twins have been playing so well there's only so many minutes to go around.

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Sutto is getting long in the tooth, Crichton leaving, Sam can play prop, Murray the future. What are you doing if you’re coach?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Rabbit wrote:Sutto is getting long in the tooth, Crichton leaving, Sam can play prop, Murray the future. What are you doing if you’re coach?

Despite Crichton leaving, I'm pretty confident he plays 80 minutes each week til seasons end.

I don't think they lose anything with keeping George on the bench, starting with Murray and moving Sam to prop.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Reklaw wrote:@mearcats, would appreciate your thoughts on my mob.

Concerned over Muarry's minutes, thinking about Murray>JTurbo with JMK>Brimson. The Smith ban is annoying with origin coming up, hes another option. Wouldn't mind Cleary next week maybe for a JFH/RFM/Kikau + Cogger.  

Cook
    Fifi Surgess
    Kikau Harris Murray
    DCE Matterson
    Hiku Mitchell
    Teddy Ponga Mbye

Smith Su'a JFH RFM
    Martin JMK Cogger Gosie

More than happy to have a look for you mate.

Dunno if I'd be massively concerned about Murray as of yet. For me he would be a wait and see. I can understand peoples frustrations with his minutes, especially those who have held him for all this time, but I don't think he's an urgent sell. We are a few weeks away from the first bye an he'll be gold then, it's likely he's a season keeper as well. I'd watch TLT to see if he's named on the bench again before locking in a decision but if I had him I'd hold. Disclamer: I don't but if he does cop a couple more weeks on the bench and bleeds some cash I'll be watching to bring him in.

I actually think the team as a whole looks solid. Smith is a pain this week as you've alluded to but you have the players to cover him being out for a week. If i was in your position this week I think I'd be moving JMK and possibly Cogger. It doesn't really help much for money but JMK is pretty much peaked and I'm not sure Cogger will get another shot this year (barring injury of course).

I could also understand a move on Smith. But only if you have bulk trades up your sleeve. You know you're going to want him in your team at the pointy end of things so if you are going to offload him then you'll need to bring him back in. That being said, he is going to miss a couple in the next few weeks so if you had the trades to get rid of him and bring him back in then that's a viable option. It would allow you to bring in a gun and a cow this week, you would just wanna make sure you retain the bank to bring CS9 back in.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Thoughts on Rein > Martin/Lamb and Cogger > DCE? My reserves and emergencies aren't looking great right now and getting rid of a NPR in Cogger to Martin or Lamb helps generate cash and DCE is a season keeper. Does Rein need to go first or Griffin?

My team with 237k ITB:

Cook
    Fifita, Kikau
    Taumalolo, Jurbo, RFM
    JT, Matterson
    Hiku, Aitken
    Ponga, Teddy, Thompson

Rein, JFH, Griffin, Murray
    JMK, Isaako, Sorensen, Cogger

If Peats is named I would definitely pull the trigger on this one. Rein first, IF Peats is named.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Who would you trade this week from this lot mearcats?

Kikau definitely not, why even?, Murray, depends where he is named but possibly Havili, probably due soon depending on how the Raiders look this week JFH, RFM, Smith?? One will make way for Fitzgibbon while JMK becomes Lamb. Of the last three exactly the order they are but all are luxuries

Cheers pal

See above mate. Haviili would be my first or Murray, TLT dependent
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Mearcats, what's the number of trades you're thinking of having to warrant ditching Smith?  I have 21 but plenty of holes, but just don't think it's worth it in the long run, you either hold of ditch and only bring him back in if you can, getting him back I feel may not be a sure thing.

Also, thoughts on spending the money for Fifita this week?

Last edited by wolfking on Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Why does the drainhole empty clockwise in one hemisphere and not the other?

How come Aubbs isn’t the gun I thought he’d be? Thanks in advance.

Ummm, way to get me all flustured Rabs!

The direction of motion is caused by the Coriolis effect. This can be visualized if you imagine putting a pan of water on a turntable and then spinning the turntable in a counterclockwise direction, the direction in which the earth rotates as seen from above the north pole. The water on the bottom of the pan will be dragged counterclockwise direction slightly faster than the water at the surface, giving the water an apparent clockwise spin in the pan. But if you were to look at the water in the pan from below, corresponding to seeing it from the south pole, it would appear to be spinning in a counterclockwise direction. Likewise, the rotation of the earth gives rise to an effect that tends to accelerate draining water in a clockwise direction in the Northern hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern.

This is from another source, not me.

Aubbs has widowed you. I'm unsure why you thought he'd be a gun in the first place but I can tell you why he definitely isn't.

Hope this helps mate.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 pm

danseels1985 wrote:@mearcats love for you to have a look at my team mate

18 trades 0k bank

Was thinking about cashing out JMK and moving on RFM(as I think he's peaked) for Crichton/Surgess/ARey and then not trading for a few weeks. What do you think?

Cook
    Fifita TPJ
    Tolo Kikau RFM
    DCE Matterson
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Mbye

Smith
    Murray
    JFH
    Sua

Martin
    Lane
    JMK
    Gosiewski

Team is ok mate, you are burning through trades tho. You're also looking a bit skinny on the bench with Smith out this week. Bringing in one of the three you've named is all well and good but I'd be making sure you've shored up those spots to have an ideal 17 this week if I was going to get rid of anyone.

JMK is ok for a cashout, he has peaked. Are you happy playing Martin or Sua as well as Isaako tho?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Babou wrote:@mearcats I'd really appreciate your advice on my team.

19 trades 177k banked.

Was thinking of finally getting rid of Inglis but I'm unsure of what to do. Kind of hoping Yeo gets ddp and becomes a centre, so i didn't want to grab another centre at the moment.

Cook
    Fifita Kikau
    JTurbo Murray RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Inglis
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

McCullough JFH Havili Rein

Martin Sua Isaako Cogger

I've also been doing my very best to get rid of Inglis for a few weeks now Babs but some bloody how he is still there. I like the Yeo call, is it worth jumping on him now? Will he definitely get DPP after 12?

This week I'd probably offload Rein for a good cash grab. Or Cogger (less cash but also needs to go). Failing that, you could just hold for the week and bank. It may mean you take a hit in the rankings but it could be a good week to do it.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:28 am