NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Manly could kick on here.

2nd last Laughing
    pm888
    pm888

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by pm888 Mon May 14, 2018 6:38 pm

White Lightning wrote:Kenny Edwards to front court for fleeing police after being spotted driving while unlicensed.
    didnt cramp up for once in his life

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Welshy wrote:definelty said you would rather Doui sticking around in the halves over ARey Rabs but it was based on the injury risk ARey carries and you summised correctly teams had figured him out in terms of giving him a wack after he has put up one of his signature bombs

His running threat has returned last few weeks mind so teams are more wary about just flying out of the line to get to him

Those stumpy little legs don’t run far, but fuck they kick well. I’m happy he’s playing well again. It really comes down to our forwards. The Burgess boys, Sutto and Crichton are killing it and stumpy is finally getting some space to hit the line and kick again. Douehie will come in soon.....somewhere.....and farking watch out. Just like Keary in 2014.

Last edited by Rabbit on Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm

How did DCE score when with Blake Green? Hodkinson is a lot shitter than him.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 14, 2018 6:43 pm

pm888 wrote:
    didnt cramp up for once in his life

lol!
    Go Refs
    Go Refs

Post by Go Refs Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm

zorasdomain wrote:Cracked the tonne this week with 1008 and am now sitting in 1st place cheer

Don't know what trades to do this week. I don't have DCE where most of the other top teams do so that hurts me when he does well. But now is probably a bad time to get him? I've been avoiding him for this long in the hope of getting SJ instead but he's always broken.

I was also considering Crichton but it seems like chasing last week's score too much. I was watching him a few weeks back knowing that a big score was coming but don't know how often he'll do it again.

That's Banner worthy !!!!!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Those stumpy little legs don’t run far, but fuck they kick well. I’m happy he’s playing well again. It really comes down to our forwards. The Burgess boys, Sutto and Crichton are killing it and stumpy is finally getting some space to hit the line and kick again. Douehie will come in soon.....somewhere.....and farking watch out. Just like Keary in 2014.
    Def mate, Crichto made the comment way back he was happy to have Reyno back basically because he has a better relationship with him and he puts him through better holes and we are starting to see that again the last few weeks with both returning to form after injury affected starts
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 pm

I woouldn't mind Lamb but the only guy I can trade for him is JMK who is one of my WFBs. If I do that trade Fonua will have to come into my starting team with no cover, which makes me nervous.

*edit* I see Brimson can cover WFB, which is still risky.

Last edited by Weiland on Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Rabbit wrote:

DCE plays his best footy with a strong halves partner. Pressure off, he flies. On his own, he’s shit.

that's kinda what i meant by the 'won't hurt' part, his attacking stats would pick up you'd think, but if Hodko does take those KM and GK points away, they'd mostly just take the place of the stats he loses, and in the event Manly put up another shocker, considering the behind the scenes troubles at Manly are far from done, then he might put up a Jimmy Maloney (2017 edition) score.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Buzz just said on 360 that Fittler looking at Crichton for SOO. Cant see that happening though.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Not even close. I said he could hold a spot in the starting team, maybe at centre, because he’s too good to leave out, but at no time, EVER, did I say he would replace Reyno. I may have wished he would, but that’s not what you’re saying. I have a retentive memory. All posts are available for review. I don’t troll, so keep it real.

Thanks for your co-operation Razz

You literally said you were "over Reynolds" and that he's on thin ice with the fans so that doesn't sound like you had much confidence in him at the time. Things may have changed since then...
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon May 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Any word about kahus return? I don't think isaako keeps him out of that side but will be happy to be wrong
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon May 14, 2018 7:21 pm

@mearcats love for you to have a look at my team mate

18 trades 0k bank

Was thinking about cashing out JMK and moving on RFM(as I think he's peaked) for Crichton/Surgess/ARey and then not trading for a few weeks. What do you think?

Cook
    Fifita TPJ
    Tolo Kikau RFM
    DCE Matterson
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Mbye

Smith
    Murray
    JFH
    Sua

Martin
    Lane
    JMK
    Gosiewski

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 7:23 pm

pm888 wrote:Any word about kahus return? I don't think isaako keeps him out of that side but will be happy to be wrong

read a thing a week or two ago that the injury has actually healed enough to play, but he's been struggling mentally in defensive practice about getting his head near tackles, so his return date is really up in the air as to when Kahu proves hes ready.

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 7:24 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

You literally said you were "over Reynolds" and that he's on thin ice with the fans so that doesn't sound like you had much confidence in him at the time. Things may have changed since then...

I certainly said I preferred Douehie at the time. I still do.

But I never said he would take Reyno’s place, which is what you claimed. I said they’d find a spot for him somewhere. Hasn’t happened yet, but it will.

I will say this though. Souths are a better side with Douehie in it, and if he doesn’t get a permanent first grade spot, he’s gone. Someone else will snap him up. Best non-playing half in the NRL.

Back to the original point though.....anyone dumping Murray is nuts.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Rabbit wrote:

I certainly said I preferred Douehie at the time. I still do.

But I never said he would take Reyno’s place, which is what you claimed. I said they’d find a spot for him somewhere. Hasn’t happened yet, but it will.

I will say this though. Souths are a better side with Douehie in it, and if he doesn’t get a permanent first grade spot, he’s gone. Someone else will snap him up. Best non-playing half in the NRL.

Back to the original point though.....anyone dumping Murray is nuts.
    Considering dumping him for DCE, any reason why he should be kept unless he is playing 50+ minutes mate I can't see the point in keeping him past R13

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Considering dumping him for DCE, any reason why he should be kept unless he is playing 50+ minutes mate I can't see the point in keeping him past R13

Out of all the players in my fantasy team, which admittedly is fucking shit at the moment, Murray would be last one I’d trade. He will average 55+ from here. I’ve never been more confident about a player. I’ll run naked around my pool of I’m wrong. Not only that, he will prove to be the best player in the NRL in future. A tackling robot, hits it up twice a set and sets up plays. Watch our set plays close to the line.....he’s always in them. The next Cameron Smith. Big call, I know, but you’re talking about the future NSW and Australian captain. Natural leader. Captained every junior side he’s played in plus NSW and Australian U20’s. Absolute class act. He iis the brains that Souths have lacked for a long time. Mark my words Welshy.

Screen shot this post for posterity.
    Babou
    Babou

Post by Babou Mon May 14, 2018 7:38 pm

@mearcats I'd really appreciate your advice on my team.

19 trades 177k banked.

Was thinking of finally getting rid of Inglis but I'm unsure of what to do. Kind of hoping Yeo gets ddp and becomes a centre, so i didn't want to grab another centre at the moment.

Cook
    Fifita Kikau
    JTurbo Murray RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Inglis
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

McCullough JFH Havili Rein

Martin Sua Isaako Cogger

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 pm

And one thing you could never accuse me of is hyperbole......

Lol
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Babou wrote:@mearcats I'd really appreciate your advice on my team.

19 trades 177k banked.

Was thinking of finally getting rid of Inglis but I'm unsure of what to do. Kind of hoping Yeo gets ddp and becomes a centre, so i didn't want to grab another centre at the moment.

Cook
    Fifita Kikau
    JTurbo Murray RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Inglis
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

McCullough JFH Havili Rein

Martin Sua Isaako Cogger

I'm thinking of getting rid of GI too. Could just rely on Isaako for similar points. Not ideal but not much more stands out.

I'll probably bring dugan in when he's back. Running him and ARey will be something special.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm