NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 31 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Mearcats, since you are spreading the love, your thoughts and opinion are much respected here;

Cook
    JFH Arrow
    Murray Tolo RFM
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Marsters
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

Havilli Kikau Martin Rein

Smith Isaako Griffin Coggar

255K and 21 trades.

Either thinking;

Maloney - Lamb
    Griffin - Fifita

or

Maloney - Reynolds
    Rein - Crichton

I don't have the trades and too many problems to ditch Smith, that's clear writing my team down. Praying Arrow is good to go too, or else my hand might be forced.

Last edited by wolfking on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 31 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Pain wrote:Smith  and GI out for Harris and Norman

Yay or nay?

Harris yeah, Norman tho... Look, it's a no from me. Can do anyone else?
    TheBadger
    TheBadger

Post by TheBadger Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

@mearcats Would you mind having a quick look at my team while you're at it legend?

Thinking of trading Maloney and Griffin or Rein for Reynolds and possible Fonua for some cash generation and WFB backup + possibly future CTR if he stays there. Not sure what other cow would suit. 20 Trades left, 110k ITB.

Cook
    Fifi TPJ
    RFM Lolo JFH
    Maloney DCE
    GI Isaako
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

CS9 Rein Kikau Havilli
    Arrow Griffin Cogger Martin
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Reckon I'm going Smith - Crichton/Surgess this week , really want to hold Murray because of Surgess looming suspension but he is at a price where it's only a little jump to a gun half instead of running JMK

Worried about another Surgess suspension but not another Murray injury? I don't think you're doing it right... Lol.

Ballsy move on the Smith trade mate, what's your thought process here?
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm

might as well jump on board with getting your insights @Mearcats

16 trades left after my (trades) of maloney to lamb, and jmk to mbye (is it crazy to bring him in now, i just want a set and foget back 3). 167k in bank next for rein to macca or surgess.

(C)ook
    kikau, fifita,
    arrow, lolo, murray
    matterson, dce,
    mitchell, ramien,
    ponga, tedesco, mbye

martin, rfm, jfh, rein/lamb
    kennar, nicholls, ccrichton
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Naiqama to SuperLeague rumour is floating around.

Could open the door for Fonua as a possible CTR by Rd 12
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 pm

I have gone RFM > Cleary and Jacks > Lamb gives me halves of DCE and Clearty plus Lamb for RD13 coverage
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Bumping for the Mearcats train.

D. Cook
    A. Kikau, J. Fisher-Harris
    R. Fatila-Mariner, C. Murray, R. Martin
    A. Reynolds, D. Cherry-Evans
    P. Hiku, L. Mitchell
    J. Tedesco, K. Ponga, M. Mbye

C. Smith, S. Griffin, J. Su'a, J. Marshall-King

J. Arrow, N. Brown, J. Dugan, Nuffie

Griffin and JMK on the block. Who are the best year long Nuffies?  I don't have the cash flow for Fifita. So thinking of guys like J. Trbojevic, McCullough, Surgess. I wasn't too inspired by S. Burgess this week though. Ideally want to go lower cash so I can turn Su'a into Fifita. I want to hold Murray a week and then look at him to Surgess next week. $17k short of doing Griffin & Su'a -> Bronson & Fifita
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Rabbit wrote:Sutto is getting long in the tooth, Crichton leaving, Sam can play prop, Murray the future. What are you doing if you’re coach?

Concentrating on getting top 4 and having a shot at the comp this year. So playing all the Burgesses as long as possible and Crichton and an in-form Sutton for 80.

Murray next off rank for injuries or suspensions, fine, but he's 14 every week in Souths strongest team.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Harris yeah, Norman tho... Look, it's a no from me. Can do anyone else?

I'm flipping back to keeping smith now.

GI to Gutho feels good.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 pm

wolfking wrote:Mearcats, what's the number of trades you're thinking of having to warrant ditching Smith?  I have 21 but plenty of holes, but just don't think it's worth it in the long run, you either hold of ditch and only bring him back in if you can, getting him back I feel may not be a sure thing.

Also, thoughts on spending the money for Fifita this week?

That would be my cutoff mate. 21+. I have 20 and am really struggling with it. I feel that he is worth the trade but the trades I have remaining coupled with the players that I yet need to bring in to finalise my top 17 dictate to me that if I did decide to take the gamble, there is a very real chance that he wouldn't make it back into my side. At the end of the day I'm not ok with that.

I think if you weren't concerned about byes (H2H or subscribing to the "fuck bye planning, build my final 17 ASAP" theory that a few of us are), already had 14+ keepers or 12+ keepers and 21+ trades remaining then Smith out is ok. Outside of that, it's a pretty big gamble IMO.

I already have Fifita and am stoked about it. I'd still buy him this week if I didn't. Some would say depends on the team makeup, I say fuck that. Yes, you are paying slight overs but at the end of the day, I want him in my 17 at the end. He also plays 13 an the way injuries are going o the Beaches I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a few more big minute games yet this season.

The flip side to that is, if the Sharks are there or thereabouts come rd18 I wouldn't be surprised if Flanno plays him for a few less minutes for a couple of weeks/month to freshen him up for the back end and a finals push.

TLDR; I'd pay the money!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

sajjos wrote:Any thoughts on B Smith?

0 B/E and averaging 35 minutes( last 2 rounds) at 0.92 PPM

Could do worse. Looks like this game plan is going to be the standard moving forward. Add to that Smith out this week and a bit of time over SOO, he could well n truly be a good shot for a cash grab.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Pain, are you seeing Guthrie as a potential keeper? Or just making a bit of cash on your way to final17?

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Current trades tlt pending
    Maloney and Rein Out
    Macca and Watson in
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Poor Mearcats getting bombarded haha. Such a champ.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Shumway wrote:Pain, are you seeing Guthrie as a potential keeper? Or just making a bit of cash on your way to final17?

Definitely potential keeper. Worst case he sits at 18 and his dpp may come in handy if trades are scarce. Low entry point to a quality player who is capable of big scores.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

wolfking wrote:Mearcats, since you are spreading the love, your thoughts and opinion are much respected here;

Cook
    JFH Arrow
    Murray Tolo RFM
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Marsters
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

Havilli Kikau Martin Rein

Smith Isaako Griffin Coggar

255K and 21 trades.

Either thinking;

Maloney - Lamb
    Griffin - Fifita

or

Maloney - Reynolds
    Rein - Crichton

I don't have the trades and too many problems to ditch Smith, that's clear writing my team down.  Praying Arrow is good to go too, or else my hand might be forced.

I REALLY like the second trade Wolfy. Mainly it comes back to me being scared of having Lamb as my starting half. Which I assume he would have to be from looking at your side. Of course, there is also the concern that ARey gets injured again but to be honest, anyone can get injured at any time. No point stressing about that, despite "history".

Happy with you holding Smith, I probably will do the same. What are you gonna do with Rein and Cogger mate?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Mearcats wrote:

That would be my cutoff mate. 21+. I have 20 and am really struggling with it. I feel that he is worth the trade but the trades I have remaining  coupled with the players that I yet need to bring in to finalise my top 17 dictate to me that if I did decide to take the gamble, there is a very real chance that he wouldn't make it back into my side. At the end of the day I'm not ok with that.

I think if you weren't concerned about byes (H2H or subscribing to the "fuck bye planning, build my final 17 ASAP" theory that a few of us are), already had 14+ keepers or 12+ keepers and 21+ trades remaining then Smith out is ok. Outside of that, it's a pretty big gamble IMO.

I already have Fifita and am stoked about it. I'd still buy him this week if I didn't. Some would say depends on the team makeup, I say fuck that. Yes, you are paying slight overs but at the end of the day, I want him in my 17 at the end. He also plays 13 an the way injuries are going o the Beaches I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a few more big minute games yet this season.

The flip side to that is, if the Sharks are there or thereabouts come rd18 I wouldn't be surprised if Flanno plays him for a few less minutes for a couple of weeks/month to freshen him up for the back end and a finals push.

TLDR; I'd pay the money!

Tha's what I thought, re Fifita.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I REALLY like the second trade Wolfy. Mainly it comes back to me being scared of having Lamb as my starting half. Which I assume he would have to be from looking at your side. Of course, there is also the concern that ARey gets injured again but to be honest, anyone can get injured at any time. No point stressing about that, despite "history".

Happy with you holding Smith, I probably will do the same. What are you gonna do with Rein and Cogger mate?

I know, the second two trades are money, but Fifita is what I'd really want...BUT......I should be able to get him next week. Rein would become Crichton, but Griffin then the concern, who would be downgraded the week after and then Fifita would come in hopefully.

The second lot of trades is the smarter option for my team overall and secures my halves for the time being. I know MBye in there is not ideal but I don't have an issue at the moment with that. If Cleary was holding off another week, I'd keep Maloney and downgrade someone to Fonua but that's not the case.

Coggar will become a cashout round 13 player at this stage. Not much I can do with him really.

Your Fifita post made things tough but again, the second trade solidfies my team really nicely.

Thanks again.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 pm

TheBadger wrote:@mearcats Would you mind having a quick look at my team while you're at it legend?

Thinking of trading Maloney and Griffin or Rein for Reynolds and possible Fonua for some cash generation and WFB backup + possibly future CTR if he stays there. Not sure what other cow would suit. 20 Trades left, 110k ITB.

Cook
    Fifi TPJ
    RFM Lolo JFH
    Maloney DCE
    GI Isaako
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

CS9 Rein Kikau Havilli
    Arrow Griffin Cogger Martin

Heya Badger mate. can you please change your avatar to the Honey Bager? That would be great! Hahaha.

Maloney and Rein is a good idea (if Peats and Cleary are named). I think you can hold griffin for another week or two. I'm actually really liking Fonua, hoping that he holds that spot. He deserves to. I would pull the trigger on that if all three stars aligned. Brimson could also be a good option.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:42 pm