NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:Ok, time to kill so fire em at me guys! But before I get to answering I need a little help myself.

Was gonna trade GI out last week, came down to he and Lodge and fortunately I offloaded Lodge instead. I still have a feeling that I want to get rid of him though. Or, I can offload Thompson to Fifita.

Team prior to any trade is...

Cook
    Kikau Taupau
    Arrow JFH RFM
    Maloney DCE
    Dugan Mitchell
    Teddy Ponga Inglis

Smith Thompson JMK Rein
    Gosi Kennar Crichton Luai

519k ITB and 25 trades

What to do? Or do nothing at all?

First thing I noticed was the punt on both MALONEY AND DUGAN!! Wowsers mate but both paying off now!!!

To me your staring hooker and bench hooker are sets, both finishing 1, 2 end of year so nothing new there, whether you add some more hooker scoring to your bench with Macca if back later in season, Friend at good value will be options

With Arrow and JFH both DPP with Kikau and Taupau you have a mountain of great options! You may as well wait on Kikau to see if he becomes a keeper in the FR and gives you a few weeks to let JFH mature and see if he can eke more toward a 50 average he should be aiming for playing his minutes at lock, he was clsoe to busting through a few times against the sharkies! 

Maloney making great cash and also providing far higher scores than I expected, easy jump onto Cleary/SJ when he finally matures, so set in the Halves with DCE already there, even if something off field happens with Cherry he is a single trade jump to whatever half you want partnering your Maloney upgrade

CTRs are set for me mate, Dugan if he remains uninjured and fullback will be CTR 1/2/3 with Mitchell and Aitken

GI the only real worry in WFB, you have JMK to swap him with, but he is doing well enough to see if GI is really back, with your CTRs already set I'd probably use some of that bank to get a GUN wfb in like Turbo/Mbye/Edwards ...I love Mbye this year, minus the headknock a low score of 40? in the WFB...WHAAATTTT????

Thompson/Rein aking lovely cash for you

Gosi if he sticks around will make enough, Kennar if he bags one or 2 more will do the same

Turn Crichton/Luai into some moneymakers

Great team mate, loads of cash in bank, plenty of options
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:00 pm

awanamafia wrote:Not much love for Gelling on here. I'll play the devil's advocate:

With CNK on the Warriors bench is it possible Gelling will get some minutes in the second row?

He knows how to find the try line : 52 tries in 115 games for Wigan.

Do we see Warriors holding a <10 min centre on their bench long term?

$212k with BE of 3 with few other cash cows around..

If Kata is back next week and he ends up on the bench again scoring -1 again means he really isn't an effective cash cow imo. If you want him purely as a cash out option I think there might be better options for the year.
    Claytron

Post by Claytron Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Random wrote:

I would move AFB for Fifita. It uses up your warchest, but gives you the best FRF option, and one of the best players in the game. Kennar is okay to run with for now. He has potentially to Jag a big score here and there.

Definite Trades:
    Isaako (Slowly making a little money. Worth holding a couple weeks.)
    Lodge - Starting to lose Cash, has potential to be a 35-45 point scorer. Which is good but not a Keeper in the FRF. Could be a good cash out option.
    Rochow - Depends if you think he bounces back he has been getting the minutes. Could keep him if you have faith.
    Thompson - Worth holding a little longer. Then you can decide if you want to turn him to a HLF or WFB.

I would personally cash out Lodge, and get Fifita with AFB. It keeps money flow, so you can get another CTR next week if you want and upgrading AFB to Fifita could be a 30 point bump this week. (If you upgrade a CTR this week it could only be a 20 point bump for people you aren't confident in.)

Thanks for the write up. Will get fifi and look at getting rid of lodge or someone. Next week might upgrade rochow or kenner
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:03 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Not for me but personally I don't want to bring in players who will play Origin/might play Origin.

I would have thought most of his appeal was his combination with Thurston, why he got a shot. Now he is playing badly and Thurston isn't there. Only blind loyalty would see him stay there.
    Go Refs
    Go Refs

Post by Go Refs Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:04 pm

cook
    Kikau, Arrow
    RFM, Murray, Griffin
    JMK, Mbye
    Hiku, Isaako
    Ponga, RTS, Thompson

Lodge, Maloney, Havilli, Nicholls
    Su'a, Croker, Kenner, SJ

Think I'll going shopping this week.
    Lodge > Matterson
    Griffin > Fifita

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:04 pm

@BBowler if I had jbrom I'd ditch. Especially if it is 6 weeks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Random wrote:
    SI wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Go Refs wrote:Thoughts this week, keep lodge due to Donkeys team shack up
    Would like to bring Fifta in but, last week it was a season ending knee injury only to see him play. Is he carrying an  injury? will him knee go on him?

Holding Lodge a good idea?
    If not Fifta, then who?

I tend to microscope team changes/shake ups as well; with Lodge though he looks like a 35-40 point player regardless to me.  

With Fifita, I'm going to have a look at minutes with and without Gallen, but I figure even though they are backrowers that the early Lewis injury and Capewell HIA played a part?  Can anyone who knows the Shark rotation save us the research?  From memory Gallen and Fifita both scored a lot better with the other out, but that is going back to 2014/15 I think?

I have tentatively gone Lodge to Alvaro, but Fifita is value at the moment.

BUMP-curious if anyone has done the minutes/output research over the last few years for Fifita with Gallen out for more than a  couple of weeks?

Don't have stats at hand but IIRC Fifita has something like 70 AVG when Gallen isn't playing. Or it was after he had a couple 100 or close to games.

Yeah, was thinking that which is why I put the disclaimer in about it being a few years ago as well. Gallen has been pretty reliable the last couple of seasons, but after last week happy to extrapolate that Fifi will continue taking up the slack. Prior looked like the bigger minute Prop early this year but not after last week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Go Refs wrote:cook
    Kikau, Arrow
    RFM, Murray, Griffin
    JMK, Mbye
    Hiku, Isaako
    Ponga, RTS, Thompson

Lodge, Maloney, Havilli, Nicholls
    Su'a, Croker, Kenner, SJ

Think I'll going shopping this week.
    Lodge > Matterson
    Griffin > Fifita
    That might be two of the best upgrades I've seen this year
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Welshy wrote:

Is that like 500ks worth of upgrades!!!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm

I think I might bring in Dugan. Everyone's teams are starting to look too similar. Need to keep climbing lol
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Welshy wrote:

I think my Rochow and Kennar to Fifita and Mbye goes close Wink
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Is there anyone in the 400-500k range that could be considered a cash cow??
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:18 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I think my Rochow and Kennar to Fifita and Mbye goes close Wink
    Don't get either, both dog shite.  Razz

But I agree, although Matterson on current form probably edges out Mbye

Players you are using hold less value though, so cloooooseeee
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

mattnz wrote:

I would have thought most of his appeal was his combination with Thurston, why he got a shot. Now he is playing badly and Thurston isn't there. Only blind loyalty would see him stay there.

I don't think he should be in game 1 personally but QLD are very loyal so who knows. They need experience since they've lost Cronk and JT.

Last edited by MilfordTheMagician on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

My trades this week are Lodge and Rochow to Sorensen and Alvaro. Was going Surgess but that can wait. Down to 21 trades bahh..
    Go Refs
    Go Refs

Post by Go Refs Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Welshy wrote:

Probably should bring in Teddy instead of one of these guys. RTS not in form YET!!!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:My trades this week are Lodge and Rochow to Sorensen and Alvaro. Was going Surgess but that can wait. Down to 21 trades bahh..

Hehe, fish sticks.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Should be able to swap Dufty next week for Johnson if he’s back :-) Then no trades for a while so I can strengthen my bench. Pretty happy with my starting 13 tho and shouldn’t need to touch them unless there is an injury, would still like to get Taumalolo and maybe T. Trbojevic and C. Smith.

D. Cook (c)
    A. Fifita, P. Vaughan
    J. Arrow, J. Trbojevic, V. Kikau
    D. Cherry Evans, S. Johnson
    J. Dugan, E. Aitken
    M. Mbye, J. Tedesco, K. Ponga

J. Fisher Harris, S. Sorensen, J. Gosiewski, M. Leota

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 pm

SI wrote:

Hehe, fish sticks.

Haha ive been waiting for you to comment!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Should be able to swap Dufty next week for Johnson if he’s back :-) Then no trades for a while so I can strengthen my bench. Pretty happy with my starting 13 tho and shouldn’t need to touch them unless there is an injury, would still like to get Taumalolo and maybe T. Trbojevic and C. Smith.

D. Cook (c)
    A. Fifita, P. Vaughan
    J. Arrow, J. Trbojevic, V. Kikau
    D. Cherry Evans, S. Johnson
    J. Dugan, E. Aitken
    M. Mbye, J. Tedesco, K. Ponga

J. Fisher Harris, S. Sorensen, J. Gosiewski, M. Leota

Bench a bit of a worry but that is probably the most well rounded 13 I've seen. Do you have Croker in your 18-21 with SJ out?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 pm