NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 34 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun 5 Jul 2020 - 10:01

mattnz wrote:
    No, Mitchell is also a WFB, in scenario A I get his score instead of Crichton. To make certain of it I could swap Mitchell with Ponga, to ensure that Mitchell potentially being used as a CTR instead isn't an issue.

Ah yes forgot that DPP
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 34 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Wed 8 Jul 2020 - 21:58

Even though there is still more than half of the comp to go, there has been a little bit of talk about cashing out to a red dot for looping purposes. For me, it's still to early to be doing that, but if anyone is looking to do this then hopefully this list of red dot candidates will prove useful.

When it comes to choosing a red dot, ideally you want that (non) players team to be playing the bulk of their matches as late as possible in each round. In practice this requirement is difficult to achieve and in fact is not really necessary. As long as you choose a red dot from a team that has no, or very few, Thursday night and 6pm Friday games you should be able to set up a decent loop each round. This will generally work as each week you are likely to have a couple of green dots who play in the first two matches of the round.

So which teams have the best draw to allow this?

Well for me it has to be the Raiders, who after a bad start in Round 10, have no Thurs/6pmFri matches for the remainder of the season. The next best teams would then be the Sharks followed by the Knights. Both of these teams have two 6pmFri matches after Round 10 with no Thurs games at all. I've placed the Knights after the Sharks as one of their 6pmFri games is in Round 20 and you may well be relying on the possibility of a loop in the final round to win a h2h grand final.
    For those of you who prefer to have red dots from teams who have as many Sunday games as possible, your best bets are to choose them from either the Warriors or the Knights. The Warriors have six Sunday games and no Thursday games, however, they do have three 6pm Friday games in consecutive weeks from Round 12. The Knights have five Sunday games and no Thursday games, although as already mentioned they do have one early game in the final round.

The table below shows the number of matches each team has on Thursday, Thurs/6pmFri, and Sunday along with the rounds in which these matches occur

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 34 Loop110

Some of the other teams, such as Manly and Wests Tigers, become more attractive options as you progress further in the draw, so could be an option also if you are looking to cash-out a little later in the season.

The table below shows some red dot forward candidates from the teams who have a favourable draw for looping purposes. Obviously any of these players (except for those with a season ending injury) could get a run in their teams at any stage and the off-contract players could be picked up by another club. So have a good think about the likelihood of any of these players getting a start before selecting them as a cash-out.

NameTeamPositionPriceStatus
    Tom StarlingCANHOK228000
    JJ CollinsCANFRF246000released
    Cruz Topai-AveaiCRO2RF228000
    Kayleb MilneCRO2RF228000
    Teig WiltonCRO2RF228000
    Cameron KingCROHOK246000injured/out for season
    Jirah MomoiseaNEW2RF228000
    Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard WARFRF228000
    Jackson FreiWARFRF228000injured/out for season
    Josh CurranWAR2RF238000
    Leivaha PuluWAR2RF246000

The table below shows some red dot backline candidates from the teams who have a favourable draw for looping purposes. These players should prove more useful than the forwards as ideally you want to be looping your backline players as they are your more boom/bust types. The same caveats as above apply.

NameTeamPositionPriceStatus
    Andre NikoCANWFB228000injured/out for season
    Harley Smith-ShieldsCANCTR228000
    Semi ValemeiCANWFB228000
    Connor TraceyCROHLF216000played 4 matches
    Braydon TrindallCROHLF228000
    Jackson FerrisCROCTR228000
    Starford To'aNEWWFB228000named in Rd9
    Phoenix CrosslandNEWHLF246000
    Tyrone Roberts-Davis NEWWFB246000
    Taane MilneWARCTR246000injured/out for season

Andre Niko and Taane Milne are the winners here.

When it comes to DPP red dots (the most useful for looping purposes) it looks like Failhub have royally screwed us. They either suffer from being from a non-favourable club or from being well above base price. The DPP forward candidates are shown in the table below:

NameTeamPosition 1Position 2Price
    Michael Chee-KamWST2RFCTR264000
    Tyrone PeacheyGLD2RFCTR355000
    Aaron PeneMELFRF2RF228000
    Corey JensenNQLFRF2RF272000
    Jacob HostSGIFRF2RF302000
    Ofahiki OgdenCBYFRF2RF343000
    Sauaso SueCBYFRF2RF343000
    Ethan BullemoreBRIFRF2RF229000
    Cory PaixBRIHLFHOK313000

Most of these players are currently starting (or on the interchange) for their teams and hence are not good selections. The "good" options here are Pene and Bullemore who are both cheap and unlikely to see any (more) first team action unless there is an injury crisis at their respective clubs.

The DPP backline red dot candidates are shown below:

NameTeamPosition 1Position 2Price
    Adam PompeyWARCTRWFB260000
    Ben HamptonNQLCTRWFB295000
    Dale CopleyGLDCTRWFB279000
    Gerard BealeWARCTRWFB338000
    Jesse ArtharsBRICTRWFB318000
    Jordan KahuBRICTRWFB318000
    Marcelo MontoyaCBYCTRWFB354000
    Brayden WiliameSGICTRWFB290000
    David Fusitu'aWARCTRWFB308000
    Reimis SmithCBYCTRWFB306000
    Nicho HynesMELHLFWFB246000
    Will SmithPARHLFWFB275000

The clear pick among the HLF/WFB's is Hynes based only on price when compared to Smith. Their fixture suitability isn't the best but is essentially the same after Round 10 has been played. Beggars can't be choosers here.
    The situation is even more dire when it comes to the WFB/CTR's. None of these players are base price and most of them have got at least a few starts with their teams so are a risk of being a green dot. The best you can hope for here is that players such as Hampton, Beale, and Copley all get some games in the short term, play terribly, lose lots of value and then get dropped for the rest of the season. If you were choosing someone now it would probably have to be Pompey, although he is also a risk of getting some more first team action. Alternatively, if you already have Williame you could pray to the fantasy gods that Mary doesn't select him again when he returns from injury.

TLDR : Meh, you didn't miss much
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 11:26

Advice on looping for the community team. Currently set up as this:

Friend
    Haas, Fotuaika
    Lolo, Hess, JTurbo
    Pearce, Fogarty
    Mitchell, Talau
    Tedesco, Ponga, Papy

Koro, Grant, Carrigan, Paix
    Crichton, Young, Niu, HTF

With only Paix as an NPR, is there anything else other than a simple 18th/19th man loop that can be done? Which would give us one free look at HTF, Crichton or Talau (if we switch him out of the starting line-up), before subbing Young for Paix?
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 19:46

Ive read this forum 1 million times and still have no idea how to loop lmao.. I have averillo and would like to loop talau and niu, is that poswsible/ can someone help?

Mcinnes
    mofo haas
    yeo lolo young
    luai cleary
    lomax averillo
    papi ponga teddy

koro grant rudolf carrigan
    talau niu fermor HTF.

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 20:49

sgdragons10 wrote:Ive read this forum 1 million times and still have no idea how to loop lmao.. I have averillo and would like to loop talau and niu, is that poswsible/ can someone help?

Mcinnes
    mofo haas
    yeo lolo young
    luai cleary
    lomax averillo
    papi ponga teddy

koro grant rudolf carrigan
    talau niu fermor HTF.

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

You already have it set pretty much the only way you can do it this week, taking into account that fermor and HTF both play before the first of the guys that you want to have a look at.

Anyway, all you have to do now is wait for Talau's score. If he scores more than you think Niu is capable of you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round Talau will substitute into Averillo's place.
    If Talau gets a shit score tomorrow then you will have to substitute Niu into Averillo's spot.

Good luck
    danaconda86
    danaconda86

Post by danaconda86 Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 18:26

Hey guys, when do the emg points get added for a non playing starter? i.e. I have Moses in the HLF starting position and Fogarty as my #1 EMG (no other HLF players)?
    Haven't done this loop before. Thanks!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 20:33

danaconda86 wrote:Hey guys, when do the emg points get added for a non playing starter? i.e. I have Moses in the HLF starting position and Fogarty as my #1 EMG (no other HLF players)?
    Haven't done this loop before. Thanks!

I think it's at lockout of the last game.
    Why are you even doing this though?? You were always going to get Fogarty's score so why not start with him and see of you could use Moses in EMG to try some proper looping
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:34

Im trying to double loop my friends bench but it is sort of screwing with my head. The final six on his bench are:

Talau
    Coates
    Field
    HTF

and

averillo and moses with a red dot

he needs one option for if averillo plays and one if he doesnt
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:36

FalconSloth wrote:Im trying to double loop my friends bench but it is sort of screwing with my head. The final six on his bench are:

Talau
    Coates
    Field
    HTF

and

averillo  and moses with a red dot

he needs one option for if averillo plays and one if he doesnt
    Post the whole team to be able to make suggestions
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Wed 15 Jul 2020 - 16:53

mattnz wrote:
    Post the whole team to be able to make suggestions

Smith

Haas Taupau

Taumalolo Carrigan Leilua

DCE Fogarty

Lomax Niu

Papy Ponga Teddy

Grant
    Koro
    Talau
    Coates
    Field
    HTF

and

averillo  and moses with a red dot
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:06

Hey guys, quick loop question with the ctr position. If I play Mitchell in the starting 13, and have McIntyre and averillo in my emergencies. Is it the order I place them that dictates who will get drawn into Mitchell's position ?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:11

Khany wrote:Hey guys, quick loop question with the ctr position. If I play Mitchell in the starting 13, and have McIntyre and averillo in my emergencies. Is it the order I place them that dictates who will get drawn into Mitchell's position ?

Yes, whoever is listed first will take Mitchell's spot (if Averillo doesn't play it will be McIntryre regardless of position)

If McIntyrre/Averillo is in your 14-17 then 18th man will move into scoring spot regardless of position.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:12

Thanks mate
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 19:45

Mcinnes
    haas MOFO
    lolo Yeo Carrigan
    luai CLeary
    lomax Niu
    papy teddy ponga
    api grant young rudolf

talau averillo HTF Sironen

How to go about looping talau and averillo? i believe i have the loop set up right? i have no idea :'(
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 20:06

sgdragons10 wrote:Mcinnes
    haas MOFO
    lolo Yeo Carrigan
    luai CLeary
    lomax Niu
    papy teddy ponga
    api grant young rudolf

talau averillo HTF Sironen

How to go about looping talau and averillo? i believe i have the loop set up right? i have no idea :'(

Firstly, Api is out injured this week so in the current setup both Talau and Averillo will score for you.
    So before anything else you probably want to swap Sironen with Api to play him.

Otherwise setup is OK.

If you like Talau's score, do nothin and you'll get it. if you don't like Talau's score, swap Niu and Averillo to run with Averillo instead.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 20:09

Grant
    Haas Fotuaika
    Taumalolo Carrigan Brown
    Cleary Hunt
    ?Asi? Talau
    Tedesco Ponga Papenhuyzen

McCulough Koroisau Young Joliffe

Starling Niu Wiliame Sironen

Single looping and sometimes double looping is fine for me but triple looping is beyond my brain capacity
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 23:36

Milchcow wrote:

Firstly, Api is out injured this week so in the current setup both Talau and Averillo will score for you.
    So before anything else you probably want to swap Sironen with Api to play him.

Otherwise setup is OK.

If you like Talau's score, do nothin and you'll get it. if you don't like Talau's score, swap Niu and Averillo to run with Averillo instead.

will this work even tho brocnos are playing before averillo?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed 22 Jul 2020 - 0:13

FalconSloth wrote:Grant
    Haas Fotuaika
    Taumalolo Carrigan Brown
    Cleary Hunt
    ?Asi? Talau

McCulough Koroisau Young Joliffe

Starling Niu Wiliame Sironen

Single looping and sometimes double looping is fine for me but triple looping is beyond my brain capacity

The good news here is that you don't have to worry about triple looping (or for that matter, double looping) as you only have 18 green dots and two of your red dots are locked out before any of the players that you might want to have a look at have even played. Out of Young, Starling, and Sironen you will have to decide which two will be in your starting 17 and which one will join Joliffe in your loop.

Lets assume that you want to use Starling in the loop with Joliffe. You should set your team as follows:

Grant
    Haas Fotuaika
    Taumalolo Carrigan Brown
    Cleary Hunt
    Asi Talau

McCulough
    Young
    Sironen
    Koroisau
    Starling
    Joliffe
    Niu
    Wiliame

After the Raiders match check Starling's score. If it's good do nothing (at the end of the round he will substitute into Koro's spot.) If Starling's score is shit, swap Joliffe into Koroisau's spot.

If you want to look at Young or Sironen instead of Starling then set your starting team as above with Young (or Sironen) swapping position with Starling

Good luck

PS. Nice looking banner
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed 22 Jul 2020 - 0:21

sgdragons10 wrote:

will this work even tho brocnos are playing before averillo?

If you don't like Talau's score you would have to make the Niu to Averillo swap before the Broncos game. Maybe during your Friday lunch break if you get such a thing.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed 22 Jul 2020 - 10:20

Just want to confirm a double loop isn't possible in this scenario using Niu as CTR loop for McIntyre/Averillo and Koroisau as INT loop for Talau & Starling as Talau would come into CTR, right??

Otherwise I'll just stick with basic loop of Talau & Starling and play McIntyre at CTR

Grant
    Haas JFH
    Lolo Yeo Sironen
    Cleary Flanagan
    Crichton Niu*
    Teddy Ponga Papenhuyzen

Hunt Robson Carrigan Koroisau*
    Talau Starling McIntyre Averillo

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 7:05