NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Moose
    Moose

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Moose Fri 04 May 2018, 9:06 am

Feeling fresh after the win last night. Plenty of sandy vagina's on this forum after last nights win.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri 04 May 2018, 10:10 am

MrCashman wrote:Broncos have been getting the rub of the green so far this year from the refs

Disgraceful decision and Boyd should get a Oscar

There's been better

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 27 2nlsadc

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2018, 11:04 am

just gunna leave this vision of Isaako's 'knock-on' here : https://streamable.com/ylw7l#

clearly running backwards, clearly knocked backwards & clearly bounces backwards, but why bother with the truth when you can use feelings as your facts Smile
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri 04 May 2018, 1:34 pm

From the point where Isaako touched the ball, the ball only ever went backwards. There can be no dispute about that. I hate it when they call knock on just on suspicion cause someone drops the ball.

Also, as soft as it was, Mbye should be the only person copping anything for his total act of stupidity in playing at a man who was going for the ball but clearly didn't have it. Penalty was the only correct decision there.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat 05 May 2018, 10:51 am

my tv broke wrote:That said, a couple of weeks ago everyone was crowing about how good the Roosters defense was in holding the Dogs to zero... it is what it is.

On this, that was the goose commentator. I think it was hadley. The dogs attack was so bad in that roosters game. One out forwards etc. /the roosters didnt dfefent particularly well, its just that the attack was so fucking bad

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 9:08 pm

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 27 Cc048510
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu 10 May 2018, 3:38 pm

Anyone know why Jarrod Wallace is in Newcastle having lunch with Kurt Gidley ?

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 27 HY7ztZl
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu 10 May 2018, 5:00 pm

Would love him.
    Heard a sneaky that newie are looking at Glasby too, would take Wallace over him every day of the week at newie

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2018, 7:15 am

Laughing ahh rugby league fans are funny, whinging about how Jennings effort was a try because he's 'touching the ball and the ball is touching the ground', but when Bird did the same thing v the Tigers, i'll bet it was the same blokes going 'yeah, that's a fair call, no downward pressure'
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat 12 May 2018, 7:59 am

I was OK with them both as no tries.

There have been some sketchy tries over the years.... I have to say I'm a big fan of the ball being PLANTED, under full control. Removes all doubt, stops the whining. But, those days are gone!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat 12 May 2018, 8:39 am

i agree das but i think we'll get a black and white rule that elimiates downward pressure eventually because there will no doubt be a try awarded in similar circumstance later on in the season and the inconsistency gripe will see a pretty shit black and white rule bought in
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat 12 May 2018, 12:48 pm

You can't eliminate downward pressure because that would imply control. Unless you make a stipulation or by rule for lose balls and kicks, but that then brings you full circle to what is downward pressure.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat 12 May 2018, 7:52 pm

How do you put your hand on the top half of a ball and have zero downwards pressure? Have the laws of physics changed since I was at school?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat 12 May 2018, 9:28 pm

36 points conceded against the equal worst side in the comp before tonight, who have been an absolute basket-case this season for a number of different reasons on and off the field, at home.

How does this team expect to achieve anything this season losing games like this? It's bloody embarrassing honestly. We could easily be 3-7 not 5-5. We've lost at home to the Titans and Manly, almost lost to the Dogs at home too and smashed by the Storm as usual.

We're just not very good, it's the best way to sum up the team honestly.

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2018, 10:11 pm

It was always going to be a tough ask to beat Manly at home

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2018, 10:21 pm

No idea what to make of this team, If I didn’t know any better I’d say they don’t train during the week, rock up to the game and just see what happens, because there’s no organization to be seen, every so often we’ll get some things to stick in amongst all the mess and manage to knock over some decent teams, but most of the time it’s a dogs breakfast and we get outplayed by average/poor teams
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun 13 May 2018, 11:11 am

As someone said before, you take away the Tigers bad decision. the cowboys goal post and the other one before that. And you would expect this team to be beaten by the Sea Eagles
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon 14 May 2018, 8:41 am

Went to the double header on the weekend. Had about 1000 scotches so thankfully our performance, if you could call it that, is a little bit of a blur.

I've been optimistic about our performances this year, but 10 rounds in, and things appear to be going in the wrong direction. I hate to say it but this team just doesn't have any heart.

Unfortunately I don't see any team changes coming, nor I am the type to claim there is some guy playing reserve grade who offers more - but they've got to consider Todd Murphy in the halves.

All that said, the way this season is going, we'll probably turn up and beat the Roosters.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon 14 May 2018, 10:40 am

my tv broke wrote:Went to the double header on the weekend. Had about 1000 scotches so thankfully our performance, if you could call it that, is a little bit of a blur.

I've been optimistic about our performances this year, but 10 rounds in, and things appear to be going in the wrong direction. I hate to say it but this team just doesn't have any heart.

Unfortunately I don't see any team changes coming, nor I am the type to claim there is some guy playing reserve grade who offers more - but they've got to consider Todd Murphy in the halves.

All that said, the way this season is going, we'll probably turn up and beat the Roosters.

Lets not forget, Manly were only a missed DCE conversion (from right in front) away from pushing the Roosters to golden point last week - they are not as shit as their position on the ladder implies.

Seems to be a fair amount of panic but I think we are going 'ok' and our position on the ladder reflects that.
    Not interested in the what if's because at the end of the day we jagged the competition points in 3 close finishes and thoroughly deserved those victories - that should be seen as a positive but instead it appears to be coming up as a negative.

We are patchy in both attack and defence but it is still a long season and some of the teams that are cruising at the moment are going to hit flat spots (looking your way Dragons) and some of the teams that are inconsistent are going to have a run of form - I'm backing us to be one of those teams.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon 14 May 2018, 1:03 pm

broncs seems to be pretty flat to start most games and sometimes the whole game, even some that they have won. energy and enthusiasm is probably the one thing you can add pretty quickly when the big games come around but they have been throwing away opportunities to be hgiher on the ladder then they are.

Its pretty odd when you have 2 guys in McCullough (giving 100% all 80) and pangai (provides about as much as you can get from a middle forward) in the middle that the rest of the pack doesn't seem to follow them.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:49 am