NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Honeysett Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Well using Raffa maths, perhaps.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 pm

sorry for not knowing the inner workings of FF guys
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 pm

The second point still stands.

Being correct in a bronco thread doesnt get you upvotes.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Pieman wrote:The second point still stands.

Being correct in a bronco thread doesnt get you upvotes.

Upvoted there for you mate Very Happy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 am

haha cheers MF

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:17 am

Pieman wrote:haha cheers MF

I’m a filthy one eyed biased Broncos supporter but tend to agree a fair amount of your posts mate

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Oi my old friend @Pieman what do you think of all these penalties per game?

I posted in here since its the thread you seem to hang out most in Razz
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Pieman is actually Pieday.

Explains why he is in the Broncos thread so much.

BOOM.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:08 pm

Pieday is clearly eating more than a Pie a Day the fat bastard.

Again, just picking up the Ryno slack - but thanks for thinking of me MF.

The penalties are clearly ruining the games. Clearly. The refs are actually trying to enforce rules that they have let go for so long, the players / coaches are not adjusting and the refs are inconsistent with it. It ruined the game last night. It ruined a few games this season.

I agree with what the refs are trying to do. Trying to fix the play the ball - which in turn helps fix the onside. If the play the ball is incorrect e.g. the more recent just put it on the ground and step over it, then there is really no clearing the ruck, so players can leave their 10m mark instantly when the ball is on the ground.
    Players are offside now because attackers are being made to play the ball with their foot - and defenders cant leave until the ball has cleared the ruck i.e. after the attacker touches it with their foot.
    Players currently are just going when the ball is on the ground, which is offside.

Honestly, I love what the refs are trying to do. But fuck, until the players and coaches adhere to what is happening it will ruin more and more games. It will most likely get worse until it gets better. And refs need to be consistent with it. Come out with a rule and say - if there are 2 penalties in a row in a back to back sets attacking the line, there will be a warning. Any further will result in sin bins. There needs to be a hard rule with it IMO. Because its just far far too inconsistent.

There should have been more sin bins in that game last night. Especially towards the end when the melbourne blokes were clearly giving penalties away on purpose. Chambers - how he didnt get binned for that grapple tackle is beyond me, within the context of that game.

Was also pretty funny seeing the storm guys lose the plot in the last few mins. Slater, chambers and co - fucking classic display of being frustrated sore losers.

I wonder if Surmbro will have a go at me for posting on easter weekend like he did when I posted on xmas Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 pm

Madge is the refs boss, he is a pretty hard nosed, no nonsense guy. I like what he is trying to do, and I just hope it works.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Pieman wrote:Pieday is clearly eating more than a Pie a Day the fat bastard.

Again, just picking up the Ryno slack - but thanks for thinking of me MF.

The penalties are clearly ruining the games. Clearly. The refs are actually trying to enforce rules that they have let go for so long, the players / coaches are not adjusting and the refs are inconsistent with it. It ruined the game last night. It ruined a few games this season.

I agree with what the refs are trying to do. Trying to fix the play the ball - which in turn helps fix the onside. If the play the ball is incorrect e.g. the more recent just put it on the ground and step over it, then there is really no clearing the ruck, so players can leave their 10m mark instantly when the ball is on the ground.
    Players are offside now because attackers are being made to play the ball with their foot - and defenders cant leave until the ball has cleared the ruck i.e. after the attacker touches it with their foot.
    Players currently are just going when the ball is on the ground, which is offside.

Honestly, I love what the refs are trying to do. But fuck, until the players and coaches adhere to what is happening it will ruin more and more games. It will most likely get worse until it gets better. And refs need to be consistent with it. Come out with a rule and say - if there are 2 penalties in a row in a back to back sets attacking the line, there will be a warning. Any further will result in sin bins. There needs to be a hard rule with it IMO. Because its just far far too inconsistent.

There should have been more sin bins in that game last night. Especially towards the end when the melbourne blokes were clearly giving penalties away on purpose. Chambers - how he didnt get binned for that grapple tackle is beyond me, within the context of that game.

Was also pretty funny seeing the storm guys lose the plot in the last few mins. Slater, chambers and co - fucking classic display of being frustrated sore losers.

I wonder if Surmbro will have a go at me for posting on easter weekend like he did when I posted on xmas Smile

I completely agree with this mate! I was having a whinge last night because I think the games are being absolutely picked apart and ruined but its hard because i'll seem a hypocrite but I do like what the refs are trying to do. I guess we're just in the transition stage between refs cracking down before the players get used to it and start being more disciplined. I really hope we can get some free flowing footy soon!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Ice wrote:

Fair enough.

Re the point each and extra point after golden point, I can't come at it because it means the game is worth 3 points.

Besides being OCD about points being equal, why is this a problem?

One of the best things soccer ever did was giving 3 points for a win. Cricket has variable points per game, so does rugby. Ice Hockey has the exact scoring system proposed here - 1 point for extra time loss, 2 for a win.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Besides being OCD about points being equal, why is this a problem?

One of the best things  soccer ever did was giving 3 points for a win. Cricket has variable points per game, so does rugby. Ice Hockey has the exact scoring system proposed here - 1 point for extra time loss, 2 for a win.

I think the issue is if there is a draw at the end of golden point what happens with the extra point? Is it OK to have some games where only 2 points are given out? Prob not. Or do we play GP until there is a winner?

Personally, I can live without golden point during the regular season. Generally the frantic time is fucking shit, and all rules go out the window.
    Obv there needs to be something for games that need a winner/loser.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:25 pm

I don't think there should be different rules for finals vs regular season games, but that's just my opinion.

3 points for a win, 2/1 for a GP win/loss, and 1 each for a draw after GP. So, a point gets lost if there's a tie, but does it really matter? it's not double entry accounting - does it really need to balance? If someone misses the finals by a point because they only got 1 point for a draw: they missed it because they didn't win!

I could live with that.

You could also consider this, if you're not a big fan of golden point, but like golden try? 2/1 for a field goal or penalty kick win. 3/0 for a Golden try win.....

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:32 pm

I think having a different rule for a final v a normal game is fine. Finals games need actual results where as regular games dont.

But I tend to agree with 1 each for a draw, 1 for a GP / extra time win.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:22 pm

We are a rubbish football team. I don't know how to sum it up any better. Fans leaving 5 minutes to go in a 12 point game shows how much confidence the fans have in this football team this season.

I'd give any of our players besides McCullough to get Ash Taylor back, at least he knows how to control a football game when it matters, unlike our halves.

Ryan James and Phillip Sami got try assists tonight from kicks our halves couldn't even put in. Embarrassing performance. Error after error after error. Just keep on fucking dropping the ball.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 pm

heads have gotta start rolling soon, the talent is here but the effort and concentration is severely wanting... Something has to be done with Boyd, he's spent the year playing like he's afraid to use his legs, and it's time to try somebody else at no. 7, between Scarlett, Murphy & Dargan, all highly rated juniors, surely we can field some-one with some game management skills.

Last edited by surmo13 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:00 pm

The coach has lost the team

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 am

Boyd is a shadow of his former self. If he's injured then make him have surgery or rest him for however long it takes to get him back to a non-shit footballer.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:23 am

after 4 weeks its pretty clear that the Milf/nikorima experiment isnt working.
    I wonder how long bennett with be stubborn and stick with them.

100% right about boyd, he is playing like when he was at newcastle. Looks like he doesnt want to be there half the time. If he isnt injured, put him in 6 where he has to do a bit more in the front line. Bird or Milford might have to go to FB. They spent the best part of a million on bird and the bloke never gets the ball with any space.

I still think that bennett has made some really poor decisions regarding recruitment/retention in the last few years and its starting to show.

They shouldnt have won against the Tigers.
    The goal post saved them from a loss against the cowboys.

With a little less luck they could very very easily be on 0-4 at the moment. Obviously its early on still, and they are 2-2, but things clearly are not all rosey there. This might end up being a down season for the broncos

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 pm