NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

Krump wrote:
    Bit harsh on Dip.

Didn't put much effort into thinking of a trio. First one that came to mind.

My take on the game is much more superficial and could have to do more with my eye sight or contrast on my TV. But the jerseys were too similar. As in both dark. It highlights the problem of Souths essentially only having 1 jersey with different colour arm and neck bands. Everyone should be made to have a coloured jersey and a white jersey. The home side picks what they will be wearing, the opposition picks the opposite.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:33 am

Bit like the Knights wearing a Tigers jersey last week.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 am

Saw this on a FB page called NRL Rumours & Updates.

No idea on Sauce or reliability, but I REALLY hope it's true.

Out of favour hooker Robbie Farah is being thrown up as a potential recruit for the Brisbane Broncos. The Broncos are rumoured to be offering Farah a one year deal to cover the currently sidelined Andrew McCullough.

????Would Bennett get the best out of Farah?
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 pm

I was discussing this with a group of mates this morning. We were saying how good it was to see young blokes like TPJ, Ofahengue, Sua and Haas playing well this year, and that as far as I'm concerned, it's thanks for the service but Thaiday can you please retire mid season and let these guys be picked before you, and free up some cap space for a mid season signing.

I'm actually not as against Robbie Farah as much as most, as long as he is picked in a Benji Marshall type role. By that I mean that if we get him cheap, then I'm happy for him to play QCup and then only come in and play a very defined role in the games McCullough is injured, and then go back to QCup when McCullough is fit. That will allow McGuire to stay at lock, and he can play 40 minutes a game with Niko coming off the bench. I actually didn't mind McGuire at hooker but it is taking away from one strength to plug a gap, and he has no kicking game, and neither does Bird really, so that puts a lot of pressure on Milf. We can't go that far this season if McGuire is our starting hooker.

P.S. How fucking big is Payne Haas.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Massive win for the mighty Broncos and definitely a win I can see us building a real platform this season from.
    Halves (in particular Bird) were fairly rubbish but our forwards were immense.

Not sure Bennett will go with McGuire at hooker every week and I suspect in this instance it was merely to withstand an early onslaught from the big Souths pack.
    Not totally against that tactic moving forward but we do lose a bit of service from the ruck and as a result our attack is very disjointed.
    Pretty much the best we can hope for is to stay close or level early on and then try and up the ante when Niko comes on.

Unlike losing FAC previously, the fact he will still be able to run and have confidence in his knee gives me hope we'll get him back ready for a tilt at the title.
    Probably not keen to bring in Farah this late in the year but will see how that pans out.

I can see the old blokes are copping a fair bit of flack but contrary to others opinions around here, I think Big Sammy's input has been effective and I personally think Alex Glenn has been one of, if not our best player over the last few weeks.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Dip wrote:I was discussing this with a group of mates this morning. We were saying how good it was to see young blokes like TPJ, Ofahengue, Sua and Haas playing well this year, and that as far as I'm concerned, it's thanks for the service but Thaiday can you please retire mid season and let these guys be picked before you, and free up some cap space for a mid season signing.

I'm actually not as against Robbie Farah as much as most, as long as he is picked in a Benji Marshall type role. By that I mean that if we get him cheap, then I'm happy for him to play QCup and then only come in and play a very defined role in the games McCullough is injured, and then go back to QCup when McCullough is fit. That will allow McGuire to stay at lock, and he can play 40 minutes a game with Niko coming off the bench. I actually didn't mind McGuire at hooker but it is taking away from one strength to plug a gap, and he has no kicking game, and neither does Bird really, so that puts a lot of pressure on Milf. We can't go that far this season if McGuire is our starting hooker.

P.S. How fucking big is Payne Haas.

Could be wrong but I doubt the young blokes would be playing as good as they are without the old heads around mate.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

Krump wrote:
    Bit harsh on Dip.

yeah he should have subsitiuted ryno in there, but then again ryno has no friends so it would be way too unrealistic

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Any ideas who plays hooker?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Any ideas who plays hooker?

given Todd Murphy is the only healthy bloke i can think of on the roster who has experience playing the position that isn't named Thaiday and Bennett seemed to have learned that lesson after Round 1, i would assume he would enter the timeshare with Niko.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 am

Pieman wrote:

yeah he should have subsitiuted ryno in there, but then again ryno has no friends so it would be way too unrealistic

It's hard to get out much when I'm living in your head full time.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:03 am

ryno_ wrote:

It's hard to get out much when I'm living in your head full time.
    lol
    thats where all that white noise is coming from! take the opportunity to learn as much as you can about nrl while youre in there mate Smile

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Broncos have been getting the rub of the green so far this year from the refs

Disgraceful decision and Boyd should get a Oscar

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 pm

If Mbye didn’t want to give away a penalty to decide the game, maybe he shouldn’t have purposefully interfered with a player contesting the ball...
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu May 03, 2018 11:22 pm

The last call was correct, soft but that’s the way it is

Obviously blue and white glasses but it did feel like a lot of other calls went against us in that second half. The blatant missed knock on/soft Morris penalty was a huge swing as was the McCullough forcing a bad kick when not square/making a break the following Set via an obstruction were

Most of it’s probably just in my own frustrated mind, watching 80 minutes of the Bulldogs every week is killing me this last 2 and half years
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu May 03, 2018 11:34 pm

Broncos kept looking like they were waiting for it to be delivered. Bulldogs kept getting in front, then started looking over their shoulders.

Weird game. No one at the top of the table worried about either of these teams right at the moment.

Still, I'll take two ugly points..... we might start playing properly later on in the season, they might come in handy!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu May 03, 2018 11:37 pm

MrCashman wrote:Broncos have been getting the rub of the green so far this year from the refs

Disgraceful decision and Boyd should get a Oscar

Yes we have- can't argue, but it's been nice for a change.

Disgraceful? Puh-Lease..... Mbye bumped him, when there was NO NEED TO DO SO. Silly prick cost them the game. Deserves a stint in ressies to think it over.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 04, 2018 7:52 am

it was soft but a penalty was the right call.
    Sin bin, no, because boyd wasnt even close to scoring - but penalty was clearly the right call.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 04, 2018 7:59 am

yes boyd milked it, carried on as if he was taken out when he was barely touched - but he was touched.

It irks me when they call something like that thought then rarely call it when blokes run out of their way to block kick chasers all the time tho. Its the same thing
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri May 04, 2018 8:26 am

The Isaako knock on was a dreadful call, and I thought the Morris penalty was soft too. Plenty of times in the first half the Dogs got away with slowing down the ruck and coming up with hands around the ball so it all evens out I guess. The last one was clearly a penalty. There wasn’t much contact but my god what a stupid play by Mbye. That was always going to be called.

Laugh at all the “gifted a win” calls on social media. Even if they don’t rule a penalty we have a great chance for a field goal with over 30 seconds left and we’ll into the Dogs half.

Edit:There are photos doing the rounds of Isaako dropping the ball a metre in front of the 20m line, and it bouncing behind the 20m line, so technically it wasn't a knock on, but things like that have been called knock ons for about 20 years now. It's the same when a pass deflects of a player and goes to the next man - it probably goes backwards but it is always called knock on.

Last edited by Dip on Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 am

We got a few calls, we've had a bunch go against us in the past few weeks (slater 'drop kick', kodi niko no try, sutton forward pass to try).. its just footy. Fans will see what they want to see, really.

We have a lot to work on, but I thought our forwards were really good. We only conceded one try to a defensive line break, and Oates probably should have scored at least one, if not two more tries. Admittedly the Dogs attack was pretty bad, as usual. That said, a couple of weeks ago everyone was crowing about how good the Roosters defense was in holding the Dogs to zero... it is what it is.

We look a much better team playing a bit of adlib second phase footy, because we have zero structure in attack and seemingly no idea where to go.

Hoping Bird is not named in the halves next week. Kodi isn't much better but I think I'd prefer he was there. Would not be against bringing Murphy in to 7 but that is a big change, and wouldn't happen after a win anyway.

Milfords kicking game has come a long way.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am