NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 am

Pieman wrote:

because the week before he said that the halves wont change
    then they change

You don't become the best coach to have ever coached, by not making correct decisions because you are worried it contradicts a previous statement (which at the time may have been correct).

On the halves what's everyone's take?

I'm not 100% convinced about Bird (or Niko for that matter).

Bird was clearly able to benefit from our forwards being dominant but still feel we are missing a general playmaker.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You don't become the best coach to have ever coached, by not making correct decisions because you are worried it contradicts a previous statement (which at the time may have been correct).

On the halves what's everyone's take?

I'm not 100% convinced about Bird (or Niko for that matter).

Bird was clearly able to benefit from our forwards being dominant but still feel we are missing a general playmaker.

Bird won't be a long term (ie. past this season) fix, but he offers a lot more than Niko in the role, just by being the better footballer, looks more dangerous with ball in hand, has a decent enough short-kicking game and is defensively sound
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

bird played his best footy at 6 for cronulla
    he looks like he is bulking up for a move to the forwards though

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 pm

So proud of the Broncos! It was a tough ask to take it to the storm and we did.  Any other ref and we would have won that easily! Klein can always find penalties from nowhere to hinder us. It just adds to his record that every game he refs us we lose by 13+ I brought it o a few times last year and it continues. Like I said any real ref and we win that easily! Top 8 for sure!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 am

Is that a genuine stat re klein or just a bit of a poke?

I think theres a genuine chance niko will be back in the halves next week. He may go to 9, but given that he didnt when macca got hurt tonight... probably not?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 am

my tv broke wrote:Is that a genuine stat re klein or just a bit of a poke?

I think theres a genuine chance niko will be back in the halves next week. He may go to 9, but given that he didnt when macca got hurt tonight... probably not?

It happened for every game last year. Storm, Warriors and 2x Eels. I can’t be sure thebuear before but it’s still fucked.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:37 am

harping on about this like a broken record week after week, but whatever defensive reputation Boyd has left must be outweighed by the fact that in every single 'Broncos v ?' highlights package put together this year there's a try scored by the opposition where he's just standing there in the immediate area, spectating the try being scored with a 'well, shit' look on his face, get some bloke to super-glue a blow-up doll to a RC car, slap the No.1 jersey on it and drive it out there and we have a more useful fullback than the one we currently have, at least it would move.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:38 am

Any other ref and Broncos win easily.......that is gold. Nailed by 14 but another ref and you win easily. Classic.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:13 am

we need to cut some dead wood over the off-season, being loyal to our players is killing us when shit clubs with poor cap management keep throwing rep level money at our project players before we can use them properly, Thaiday's a good start, Boyd needs to retire, Korbin can fuck off, see if Kearney wants to take on the Kahu/Glenn combo and we can work from there.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 am

Ice wrote:Any other ref and Broncos win easily.......that is gold. Nailed by 14 but another ref and you win easily.  Classic.

Good I’m glad you like it. It favours you because unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of the same game same conditions but different ref so it’s easy to laugh it off
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:04 am

I don't really care about the refs, we lost to the Storm... again... for the billionth time in a row. This club is going no where unless Bennett fucks off because if we can't beat the Storm we don't win a GF, simple. I'm sick of going into every game against the Storm expecting to lose by 30, enough is enough. We haven't beaten them at Suncorp in almost a decade and we've beaten them how many times since the 06 GF? Like 3?

Dunno how long Macca is gone for but we were already fucked this season and now we're even more fucked.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 am

surmo13 wrote:we need to cut some dead wood over the off-season, being loyal to our players is killing us when shit clubs with poor cap management keep throwing rep level money at our project players before we can use them properly, Thaiday's a good start, Boyd needs to retire, Korbin can fuck off, see if Kearney wants to take on the Kahu/Glenn combo and we can work from there.

poor cap management is hanging onto thiaday, glenn, korbin sims, adam blair for too long
    poor cap management is letting an superstar half go for good centre - and paying him close to a million bucks
    poor cap management is having 1.5 mil tied up in 2 centres and possibly more in kahu
    poor cap management is letting another star half go, when you have no replacement, who is now playing career best footy
    poor cap management is letting a 2 young gun props leave and retaining blair/sims/thiaday
    poor cap management is not having a back up hooker in the entire club
    poor cap management is continuing to play a fullback that is obviously busted because you have no one to replace him

there is a good reason bennett is all over the media this year. and it has nothing to do with him coming under fire. he is doing it on purpose to distract from the fact that his team is inconsistent, unbalanced and well, not going to make the top 4 and possibly not even the top 8. it must be a strange feeling as a bronco fan, I mean, there is every chance they come out and play well next well and string a few wins together and everyone in here bagging them eats their hat. With all the monetary advantages the broncos have I wonder why their side looks so ordinary most weeks this year

a rebuild over the off season is clearly what is needed. he could take a few notes out of cleary's recruitment book

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:24 am

I read something on twitter that Ah Mau wants to return to QLD and go either to the broncos or the Titans and the broncos aren’t interested.. I mean the guy is a beast off the bench we need a forward like that! Who knows maybe we’ll sign another centre instead Mad
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:32 am

Broncos are gone without the 9.....his kicking game and defence will be missed
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:So proud of the Broncos! It was a tough ask to take it to the storm and we did.  Any other ref and we would have won that easily! Klein can always find penalties from nowhere to hinder us. It just adds to his record that every game he refs us we lose by 13+ I brought it o a few times last year and it continues. Like I said any real ref and we win that easily! Top 8 for sure!

Reffing was fine. Brisbane just got poled by a team that knows how to play for 80 full minutes.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I read something on twitter that Ah Mau wants to return to QLD and go either to the broncos or the Titans and the broncos aren’t interested.. I mean the guy is a beast off the bench we need a forward like that! Who knows maybe we’ll sign another centre instead Mad

Chris garry and brent read reported last night that jarrod wallace is probably going back to the bronx next seasonx on less $$$
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:18 am

What's with the sook from Bennet again walking out after being asked about his possible successor?

Seriously, there isnt a grumpier or bigger ego in The game than Bennett at the moment. He is a train wreck.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:25 am

Alright I was full of piss and bad manners last night. The reffing was fine just a shit call with Slater but that’s the game! I still think Klein is an awful ref but that is personal opinion probably just how I perceive him.

If we got Wallace back that would be a step in the right direction. Ofa is quietly going about his business and TPJ is awesome. If we could get a quality half we might be back into being a threat each week
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:21 am

And a new fullback
    And hooker backup
    And get rid of the deadwood
    And Bellamy

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:And a new fullback
    And hooker backup
    And get rid of the deadwood
    And Bellamy

the more you post the more i think you're one of those accounts that pretends to be a fan of a team and then trolls by bagging the shit out of them, even when we knocked over one of the 2 undefeated teams in the league last week you couldn't bring yourself to actually support the team you claim to support.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:55 pm