NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 24 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:31 am

Welshy wrote:
    got both mate

I'm currently going Cartwright and HHunt - DCE and Gosiewski via Mbye to fullback

Yeah mate, the beauty of this comp is you get 2 weeks to look at the new guys. Given we haven't seen how Gosi goes as a starter, I'll be definitely waiting until next week before I consider him. Eyeballing the last couple of seasons,Manly starting 2RFs tend to go at 30-40 points on average. Im expecting him to get there too if he gets 65+ min. If he does, then he's probably a buy, but only as a CC and Rnd 13 player. But at least wait this week to find out.

I haven't read the other thread, is there anything solid on Murray? I gather he's out, but is there an indication of how long?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 24 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:21 am

Will have to be without Surgess and Murray this weekend, not good for my squad or my Bunnies, really need to work on my centres but too busy plugging other holes, I really need JT to get back into form.Anyway good luck all this weekend.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:10 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Will have to be without Surgess and Murray this weekend, not good for my squad or my Bunnies, really need to work on my centres but too busy plugging other holes, I really need JT to get back into form.Anyway good luck all this weekend.

You too mate. I wouldn't worry about your centres yet. For me its gonna be a luxury to attend to them for a bit anyway. In any case, if you have Matterson, its only about bringing in one more guy and as has been discussed there really isn't anyone who is jumping out!

Murray is a pain. Will wait and see on him. Hopefully we get something to update us. In this comp though its easy enough to carry one injury for a couple weeks. More than that though and I'd consider trading. Leaders in this comp are already putting on a bit of a gap (~150 points from first to 4th, and ~100 points from 3rd to 4th) and Im 200 points behind 1st. Certainly not big enough to worry about yet, but I wouldn't want that to creep out much further.

For what its worth though, 1st has Murray, 2nd has Brown, and 3rd has both!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:29 am

My forwards are currently

Fifita Kikau Rochow Lodge
    Harris Arrow Griffin Murray RFM JFH

I'm comfortable playing any of them really, so can hold anyone for a short term injury.
    Start bringing the real guns in in a few weeks
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

You too mate. I wouldn't worry about your centres yet. For me its gonna be a luxury to attend to them for a bit anyway. In any case, if you have Matterson, its only about bringing in one more guy and as has been discussed there really isn't anyone who is jumping out!

Murray is a pain. Will wait and see on him. Hopefully we get something to update us. In this comp though its easy enough to carry one injury for a couple weeks. More than that though and I'd consider trading. Leaders in this comp are already putting on a bit of a gap (~150 points from first to 4th, and ~100 points from 3rd to 4th) and Im 200 points behind 1st. Certainly not big enough to worry about yet, but I wouldn't want that to creep out much further.

For what its worth though, 1st has Murray, 2nd has Brown, and 3rd has both!

Sorry R&T but as a non Murray owner, it was most pleasing to see my death riding pay off.....

In terms of injury updates, the best source of info I have found is NRL physio (https://twitter.com/nrlphysio?lang=en).

Bloke is a fountain of knowledge and is usually fairly spot on.

For what it's worth, no real details on severity of Murray injury as yet but he is suggesting even minor hamstring strains are usually 2 to 4 weeks.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:15 am

Interested to hear others thoughts on Arrow.

Was about $40k short of buying him last week (went JFH so not the end of the world) but the bloke is in a purple patch.

I reckon he was under priced last week, about spot on this week and will be over priced next week.

Am I off the mark?
    Do others think he might still be under priced and a good option?

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:18 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Interested to hear others thoughts on Arrow.

Was about $40k short of buying him last week (went JFH so not the end of the world) but the bloke is in a purple patch.

I reckon he was under priced last week, about spot on this week and will be over priced next week.

Am I off the mark?
    Do others think he might still be under priced and a good option?

I think you are about right. Although I haven't watched him play and am basing this of the assumption he's this years Jarrad Wallace.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:27 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Sorry R&T but as a non Murray owner, it was most pleasing to see my death riding pay off.....

In terms of injury updates, the best source of info I have found is NRL physio (https://twitter.com/nrlphysio?lang=en).

Bloke is a fountain of knowledge and is usually fairly spot on.

For what it's worth, no real details on severity of Murray injury as yet but he is suggesting even minor hamstring strains are usually 2 to 4 weeks.

Haha, all good mate. But karma (if you believe in it can be a bitch) I was secretly cheering the Brown injury news and the Kodi rumours (from a fantasy point of view - I would never actually wish an injury on anyone of course), but then Murray goes down so....

As for Arrow - I own him, so don't have to worry, but so far he's banged out two big scores since shifting to lock. If he bangs out another one and you don't have him you've probably missed the boat, but if you get him this week you can keep pace with the leaders and get a guy in your team at $100k value.... Big call mate, but if you don't get him and get it wrong its gonna be a long season!!

But spot on this week in terms of his price would place him as about a 45 point player, I think thats at least 5 points under what he actually is.

I would personally get him this week if I were in your shoes! I think he averages 55 this season from here!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:34 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

I think you are about right. Although I haven't watched him play and am basing this of the assumption he's this years Jarrad Wallace.

You might be right man, we're all just making our best guesses in the end.

But, in what sense re Wallace? My memory is that Wallace went big early last year cause of several injuries, and the evened out a bit. Arrow at lock has played 2 games at 60 minutes which I would think is the norm for him. Even if you take out all his attacking points for those games he still scores 61 and 51 = 56 average on base stats alone.

The only argument against Arrow at this point that I think is reasonable is that as a 22 year old he won't be able to keep up that pace for the season and his base stats, in particular his run meters might fall away.

Even still he will always get a few attacking stats on average, so I still find it hard to see how the kid averages less than 50, and to be honest, 55 is still the number I have him going at!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:42 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

You might be right man, we're all just making our best guesses in the end.

But, in what sense re Wallace? My memory is that Wallace went big early last year cause of several injuries, and the evened out a bit. Arrow at lock has played 2 games at 60 minutes which I would think is the norm for him. Even if you take out all his attacking points for those games he still scores 61 and 51 = 56 average on base stats alone.

The only argument against Arrow at this point that I think is reasonable is that as a 22 year old he won't be able to keep up that pace for the season and his base stats, in particular his run meters might fall away.

Even still he will always get a few attacking stats on average, so I still find it hard to see how the kid averages less than 50, and to be honest, 55 is still the number I have him going at!

As in a player that was a good round 1-3 pick up and can be a 18th man in a pinch but probably not someone you would rearrange your team to get in. Wallace also tapered off late in the year but if you had no trades and injuries he'd be the first person to get a reserve spot.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:26 am

Pretty happy with how my team is shaping up looking at bring in gallen next week for griffen probably

118k ITB

smith cook
    fifita rochow kikau lodge
    jturbo arrow rfm jfh griffen cartwright
    dce SJ maloney croker
    matterson inglis hoffman isaako
    tturbo teddy ponga hiku jmk
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:09 pm

Anyone else have Surgus, Murray and Brown sitting on the bench??
    Vomit
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri 13 Apr 2018, 6:31 am

code delta wrote:Anyone else have Surgus, Murray and Brown sitting on the bench??
    Vomit

Ouch. Thats pretty unlucky mate. At least this year squads are pretty deep, particularly in the forwards. Every chance you can get decent cover out of guys lie Lodge & Rochow.

Gonna be big scores again this week. Leaders gonna be pulling away from the pack. Most guys up top have Matterson, Cook, Teddy, and a handful have Mitchell too and the odd one Chrichton. I dare say if you are running without Matterson right now and/or Cook its gonna be a tough road back!

Friend looks to be completely out of the reckoning now as a fantasy player this year too. What a fall from grace fantasy wise this year!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:25 pm

What a mistake!!! Was supposed to trade out Widdop for DCE but got caught up and forgot. Hurry up and open the trading so I can get rid of that PRICK........
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:22 am

Pacey's Best wrote:What a mistake!!! Was supposed to trade out Widdop for DCE but got caught up and forgot. Hurry up and open the trading so I can get rid of that PRICK........

That's a bugger mate. Although I guess DCE could bomb....

I had a couple of funny trades this week: Originally had Dufty to TTrbo and RFM to JFH, but the lack of Murray news got me worried so went Murray to JFH instead. Remains to be seen how the first one works out, I have to say despite Dufty's 61 this week I still think that trade will work out long term. Super glad I didn't miss out on RFM's 71 though. The score is nice, but he will now go on to make a decent amount more money too, which long term will make things much easier.

Im also very relieved Taumalolo went big.

Puts me in a decent position this round with 554/10 with (c) to come. Projected to come close to hitting 1,000 but I'll be very happy with mid 900s as most guys to come are owned by near all the top teams I would think.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sun 15 Apr 2018, 8:20 am

Is there a way to find a players individual scores from previous rounds? Can't seem to find it.............
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sun 15 Apr 2018, 9:27 am

I was wrong. Thurston has to go next week. Will just need to work out how to raise the $200k I am going to need to buy a decent replacement.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sun 15 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

Pacey's Best wrote:Is there a way to find a players individual scores from previous rounds? Can't seem to find it.............

It’s right down the bottom of an individual players profile page (at least when looking on my mobile phone).
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sun 15 Apr 2018, 9:47 am

jelejasof wrote:

It’s right down the bottom of an individual players profile page (at least when looking on my mobile phone).

Thanks so much jelejasof. Found it on the mobile, and now found it on the desktop. Stupid me, never thought of scrolling down.
    What a mistake, bringing in Gareth (fricken) Widdop. He starts off with scores of 53,47 and 118, so I bring him in and he gives me scores of 27,16 and now 12. I can't wait for trading to open to get him the fuck out of my team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope nobody else got suckered into him...............
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:04 pm

Wow that round turned bad fast. last two games netted me about 100 points less than hoped, but it seems most are in the same boat with TTurbo, DCE, JFH, Arrow all going a bit low. As it stands Im at 878. Hoping that might just bump me into top 10 but that might be wishful thinking.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:50 pm