NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Milch, Im just trying to get my head around those price rises (both in your attachment and on the site), are they the change from base price to what they will be after round 3? and is that the equivalent of the cumulative rise if they didn't have the "3 round rule"? i.e. the total price change from base to post end 3 if prices had changed after each round?

Cheers
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 am

Another thing, last year was my first season, and while I haven't run any numbers, on the surface, are you guys seeing this year as an easy season to make money and therefore get your final 17 in place sooner than usual?

Im trying to think back, but last year I don't recall there being too many CCs in the forwards, this year there are a ton, and a number of them are scoring well enough to be starters in your team. If you got most of those guys early, plus you have got or can get the likes of Hiku, Thompson, Croker, Doueihi, Isaako, etc in the backs, it seems to me people might be able to have a final 17 by mid season....
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 am

Milchcow wrote:Hey OSM,

You planning on keeping Aubbs and hoping he comes good? Run with Matterson/Aubs and play whoever starts. Expensive strategy but might work

Was thinking along those lines Milch.

Leaves me a bit light on in the front row until some of my cows mature a little but if Lodge can continue to play decent minutes and produce say 40ish each week then I will be happy.

Better yet, Cordner and/or Liu could do me a favour and get themselves injured allowing a Maubb's/Matto 80min pairing to flourish!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Leaves me a bit light on in the front row until some of my cows mature a little but if Lodge can continue to play decent minutes and produce say 40ish each week then I will be happy.

Better yet, Cordner and/or Liu could do me a favour and get themselves injured allowing a Maubb's/Matto 80min pairing to flourish!

F**K that, I couldn't handle the stress and the risk of cash loss. There are plenty of somewhat serviceable centres, aitken, gagai, hopo, marsters. Douelihi in the short term, and Isaako is there to get some cash too.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

That would mean you are tiring up ~$900k in the C position for only one playing C (on a week-by-week basis).

I would strongly urge against that strategy.

My take on all of this, is Matterson has the starting gig, and Aubs is on the bench for at least the short term. On top of that it would appear that Aubs will be the guy to move to C if there's an injury during the game (not Matterson). On top of this, Aubs will lose a decent amount of money this week. Therefore Aubs is a strong sell IMO.

Im going Aubs to Matterson. Im happy to take the risk on that one. There are safer options out there though if you are more risk averse! But surely 900k for 1 starting C is too much wasted money...

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hi Milch, Im just trying to get my head around those price rises (both in your attachment and on the site), are they the change from base price to what they will be after round 3? and is that the equivalent of the cumulative rise if they didn't have the "3 round rule"? i.e. the total price change from base to post end 3 if prices had changed after each round?

Cheers

My price rises are the estimated rise I expect them to get this week, if they score in line with my projections.

My projections should align roughly with those on the site, just depends what sort of MN they are using.

Looking at Matt Lodge - I predict a score of 37.5 will see a $57,350 price rise
    They predict a score of 38 will see a $57,200 price rise, so my calcs seem to be in the same ball park as theirs.
    Trust which ever one you feel like if they differ.

Asking what the price change would hypothetically be if they changed every round is a bit worthless, because it won't happen.
    VSDT/Supercoach work on a 3 game average for price changes. If you wanted to work out a weekly price change, you'd need a rule for substituting in scores that don't
    You could use the Fantasy method of substituting the priced average for missing games, but I don't see any value in doing that in this comp.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:

My price rises are the estimated rise I expect them to get this week, if they score in line with my projections.

My projections should align roughly with those on the site, just depends what sort of MN they are using.

Looking at Matt Lodge - I predict a score of 37.5 will see a $57,350 price rise
    They predict a score of 38 will see a $57,200 price rise, so my calcs seem to be in the same ball park as theirs.
    Trust which ever one you feel like if they differ.

Asking what the price change would hypothetically be if they changed every round is a bit worthless, because it won't happen.
    VSDT/Supercoach work on a 3 game average for price changes. If you wanted to work out a weekly price change, you'd need a rule for substituting in scores that don't
    You could use the Fantasy method of substituting the priced average for missing games, but I don't see any value in doing that in this comp.

Cool cheers. I didn't remember that it was a 3 game average that the formula worked off. I didn't articulate my question well, but you've answered it none the less Smile

I've found your price predictor from last year too, and so now I've got all I need, works a treat Smile

Hey, so, I think I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer. Have we all good BEs price projections etc on Dream Team for the season this year? or have I signed up to the free 3 week trial or something and didn't know about it?

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

My two starting centres this week are  Douelihi and one of GI/ Manu , sweating on GI to being moved  back to FB.

RnT BE,s are there not sure what the go is with it this year?
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 am

Renegades posted on facbook about how their 2 leagues are 3rd and 5th overall. Trying very hard to resist the urge to mention that the fanatics are 2nd and 4th... haha
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:22 am

TheWeapon wrote:Renegades posted on facbook about how their 2 leagues are 3rd and 5th overall. Trying very hard to resist the urge to mention that the fanatics are 2nd and 4th... haha

Yeah, saw this, not to mention Bullbender's League is first and the Fanatics Leagues have cleaned upon VSDT the last few years. I do really like Brian Cressy as a poster and the way he pumps VSDT though.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:38 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

That would mean you are tiring up ~$900k in the C position for only one playing C (on a week-by-week basis).

I would strongly urge against that strategy.

My take on all of this, is Matterson has the starting gig, and Aubs is on the bench for at least the short term. On top of that it would appear that Aubs will be the guy to move to C if there's an injury during the game (not Matterson). On top of this, Aubs will lose a decent amount of money this week. Therefore Aubs is a strong sell IMO.

Im going Aubs to Matterson. Im happy to take the risk on that one. There are safer options out there though if you are more risk averse! But surely 900k for 1 starting C is too much wasted money...

Probably didn't paint the full picture but I was trying to kill two birds with the one stone by getting rid of James Graham and playing one at CTR and the other (or Will Matthews) as a NPR at 2RF....until I can put out some more urgent fires.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53 am

Deciding between following trade combos this week:

- Rochow -> Lodge, Aubs -> RTS
    - Nicholls -> Murray, Aubs -> Thompson

Really want Murray, but thinking I'm better off grabbing RTS this week (Raiders day game seems a recipe for high scoring).  If I don't get RTS this week, with the price rise on offer, he's going to be hard to catch up with.  If I hold off on Murray, I'll have to stretch next week to get him (will probably involve having to sell Whitehead)... Also think Lodge is a surer thing than Thompson.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Probably didn't paint the full picture but I was trying to kill two birds with the one stone by getting rid of James Graham and playing one at CTR and the other (or Will Matthews) as a NPR at 2RF....until I can put out some more urgent fires.

My bad. Still, is it worth keeping Aubs? If he isn't a starting 2RF I don't see any value in him at all.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 am

jelejasof wrote:Deciding between following trade combos this week:

- Rochow -> Lodge, Aubs -> RTS
    - Nicholls -> Murray, Aubs -> Thompson

Really want Murray, but thinking I'm better off grabbing RTS this week (Raiders day game seems a recipe for high scoring).  If I don't get RTS this week, with the price rise on offer, he's going to be hard to catch up with.  If I hold off on Murray, I'll have to stretch next week to get him (will probably involve having to sell Whitehead)...  Also think Lodge is a surer thing than Thompson.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I think Lodge is a must have - for some he could be 1 of 2 starting FRFs but at worst he is an excellent option as a researve given the minutes he is getting. He's gonna make a ton of $ as well. So in short I'd go option 1 out of those.

Not convinced about RTS yet, for many its gonna be either him or TTrbo to partner Teddy and Ponga. The reason Im not convinced is that IMO his scores seem (can any one check?) highly correlated with the Warriors performance and while the Warriors look better this year, Im not convinced they are going to end up much better in the long run. Im happy to wait on RTS too at the moment.

I personally think Aubs is a must sell, unless you have bigger problems, so I like that trade out.

Rochow? Im happy to hold him for now. Last week was a shocker fantasy wise for him. Surely he doesn't miss that many tackles again?

Nicholas on the other hand is the more likely player to be daed weight.

Have you considered Nichols to Lodge and perhaps Aubs to Matterson? instead of RTS? who's your back 3 currently?

Murray looks like a must have too, but Im gonna wait one more week on him, partly because Im using my trades elsewhere, but also it wouldn't be a bad idea to take one more look at him. His price is unlikely to shift to dramatically.

Tony
    Tony

Post by Tony Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:38 am

hmmmm Bromwich or Scott > Sao/TPJ?
    and Croft > DCE/SJ?

what do you people think? cheers for the feedback.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:49 am

Tony wrote:hmmmm Bromwich or Scott > Sao/TPJ?
    and Croft > DCE/SJ?

what do you people think? cheers for the feedback.

If you have the money then Croft to SJ or Cleary IMO is safer that DCE. But DCE seems like a good option if you are tight on $. Also important IMO to look at least 1 week down the track to see how you are going to afford the guys you want next week. So the money saved by going to DCE might be required.

Keep Bromwich, dump Scott. I'd go TPJ assuming you already have Lodge. I think Mannering will be back next week and that might change things for Sao. Also even now Sao is not really scoring well enough to put in your 17, so he just becomes a CC with a questionable future.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 am

JT is an even cheaper option that I think is worth considering as a Croft upgrade.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

The one player I am struggling with right now is Kikau.

The way I have set my team up, I've got 17 guys I'd expect to score more than 30 each week, so if he's a 30 point bench player Im not starting him, BUT, I feel like a whole bunch of teams have him as a top 17 player and therefore if he goes big, which he has already proven he can do, I fall behind my competition.

So, to start? or not to start Kikau. For me I guess its a 17th man decision between Kikau, Lodge, and RFM. Who would you guys start (2 of them) of those 3?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:The one player I am struggling with right now is Kikau.

The way I have set my team up, I've got 17 guys I'd expect to score more than 30 each week, so if he's a 30 point bench player Im not starting him, BUT, I feel like a whole bunch of teams have him as a top 17 player and therefore if he goes big, which he has already proven he can do, I fall behind my competition.

So, to start? or not to start Kikau. For me I guess its a 17th man decision between Kikau, Lodge, and RFM. Who would you guys start (2 of them) of those 3?

Lodge and RFM. Watching the penrith game the other week, opponents target Maloney's side rather than kikau's. A bench edge forward is hard to gain them base stats and dogs tend to be an 'up the middle' team
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Lodge and RFM. Watching the penrith game the other week, opponents target Maloney's side rather than kikau's. A bench edge forward is hard to gain them base stats and dogs tend to be an 'up the middle' team

Thanks mate - that is what I was planning on going with.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 am