NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 50

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 50 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 50

Post by Feline Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:Regarding the loophole I say don't hate the player, hate the game.

He he! Not going to quit the forum, just saying.

I like the game, otherwise I would not play it. I just personally would prefer to come 1,000th knowing that I played my best in the spirit of the same, then come first because I changed my team after the game was played (which is what everyone is doing)

I have never used a loophole here.

You could easily say that those who changed their teams in the fanfail season, played within the rules. Anyway, ass-hole comment stands and happy to bear the wrath of anyone who may be offended. I am sure deep down, the climb up the rankings feels a little hollow!
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 50 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 50

Post by DarkKnight Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 am

Finch wrote:

Somewhat agree. It's like having a second life in a video game, or another chance at something when you are meant to get it right the first time.

This argument comes out every year though, people for and against it, personally I'm against it, but it's not "illegal" and Lone Scout even mentions how to do it. So until they fix it and Lone Scout stops giving instructions, it will continue year after year. Your Captain should be locked in at the start of the round, plain and simple to me.

Didn't someone quit the forum last year because they said people who were looping were cheating and most people blasted him? Who was it again, don't remember lol.

The name yanjarra comes to mind? Is that a poster here with a new name?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:28 am

DarkKnight wrote:

5.12 & 5.57.

Gotta get up 3 hours.

Thanks mate.

Yep I'll get up too then back to sleep lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 am

DarkKnight wrote:
    Finch wrote:

Somewhat agree. It's like having a second life in a video game, or another chance at something when you are meant to get it right the first time.

This argument comes out every year though, people for and against it, personally I'm against it, but it's not "illegal" and Lone Scout even mentions how to do it. So until they fix it and Lone Scout stops giving instructions, it will continue year after year. Your Captain should be locked in at the start of the round, plain and simple to me.

Didn't someone quit the forum last year because they said people who were looping were cheating and most people blasted him? Who was it again, don't remember lol.

The name yanjarra comes to mind? Is that a poster here with a new name?
    Haha, old yanjarra.  Nah wasn't him mate, he literally just signed up for the forum last week coincidentally.  There was an issue with him registering and I had to do it manually.  The problem when that happens is they may not know they are now registered so not sure if he will start posting.

You are thinking of Winfield.  Bloke has been posting heaps lately-he signed back up early this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 am

Either way, love or hate the loophole, it shouldn't affect anyone's experience on this forum.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:40 am

@MTB @Mul

How good is the ET try for us owners!!!

Legend haha
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 am

I find it stupid how they state in the rules that you can't loophole this year but in-fact you still can... the people in charge need to either rub the possibility out all together or just leave it and not mention in the rules you can't loophole when that's not even correct...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:21 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:I find it stupid how they state in the rules that you can't loophole this year but in-fact you still can... the people in charge need to either rub the possibility out all together or just leave it and not mention in the rules you can't loophole when that's not even correct...

Like SI said last year LS sent out an article on how to do it. I think their goal was so everyone had a fair chance of doing it and not just the ones to figured it out that can.

Until they find out a way to stop it or ban accounts for doing it. Fair game
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 am

847!!! (Crazy) With Brown, Matagi and Semi to come. 1000 possible?

GO SEMI
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:06 am

Race1, how many kiwis on here? cheer Warriors
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:11 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Like SI said last year LS sent out an article on how to do it. I think their goal was so everyone had a fair chance of doing it and not just the ones to figured it out that can.

Until they find out a way to stop it or ban accounts for doing it. Fair game

There is a thought mighty fishes!!

At the start of THIS YEAR, the rules were put out by Lone Scout.

Loophole is not allowed this year. Things have changed. Low and behold things have not. I really don't think anyone could complain if their account was banned for doing it. There is a precedence from a few years ago, when the system allowed unlimited trades after the fact and accounts were shut down or reverted because of it.

As you have eloquently put it, fair game if accounts get banned. Everyone doing it knows it is not kosher. Look at all the fake guilt that people have expressed on the forum "Hope this works" (read.. I know this against the rules and a bit dodge, but I am going to do it in any case).

Sounds like a good time to write a letter to fanhub

These would be the first people complaining if they did not get a piece of the pie. Close accounts, take off a trade or two. Easy done. It is really clear to identify who has done it, and really clear from the start of the season that it was against the rules.
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:39 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:Regarding the loophole I say don't hate the player, hate the game.

Easy to say if you are not punished for bending the rules.

Countless examples in this forum of players being called 'grubs' because they take the rules into their own hands. This is the last I will say about this but the short version of the story, is the rules were made clear at the start of the season. Captain's loophole not allowed. Ample evidence to suggest this is the case.

I am not going to call it anything, but I think a fair game is a better game
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:46 am

THEGAME wrote:Race1, how many kiwis on here? cheer Warriors

Good win, heart rate went up a little at the end.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 am

THEGAME wrote:Race1, how many kiwis on here? cheer Warriors

Raises hand.

I know nothing about this, but watched it last time like the rest of the country.

We looked fast!
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 am

The game is at fault not the loopers.

Them allowing it to be possible means people will take advantage of it. This means that if you don't want to give fellow opponents an advantage you have to use it yourself. I hope they get rid of it being possible but I have no guilt whatsoever nullifying the advantage.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 am

Only in americas cup can you win the 1st race and it be Nil all.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 am

Finch wrote:

Raises hand.

I know nothing about this, but watched it last time like the rest of the country.

We looked fast!

The one time I watch sailing every four years but really enjoy it. The boats are incredible.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 am

I'll argue till daybreak over the 'loophole' but it won't change any hearts or minds on it. I will say though, if they actually wanted to fix it there are umpteen ways they could do so, from not letting you move a captain or VC through to excluding your captain/VC from being able to be an AE (doesn't fix it, but definitely makes it much less appealing) and for that reason i use it if I'm in the position to do so (last bye round I deliberately chose VC and c that didn't allow for it and this round I was going to do the same till the last minute Surgess drop)
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 am

DarkKnight wrote:The game is at fault not the loopers.

Them allowing it to be possible means people will take advantage of it. This means that if you don't want to give fellow opponents an advantage you have to use it yourself. I hope they get rid of it being possible but I have no guilt whatsoever nullifying the advantage.

I though you were talking about me for second there
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:03 am

DarkKnight wrote:The game is at fault not the loopers.

My feelings exactly. I'd love for them to take it out, one less thing to worry about as someone in another timezone. Then again I'd also love for them to remove rolling lockout all together, even if I was on the same timezone. But I don't have much faith in fanhub even hearing these things let alone taking them into account.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:33 pm