NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by GreenMachine Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just out of interest, why is everyone so keen on Cleary now? ( 5 round average isn't anything to write home about, scored a try last match for a boost ). Is it due to Moylan or there form??

I won't have the money or trades for him but halves surprisingly looks a really weak slot this year.

He's on a list you can count on one hand of currently under-exposed POD guns in waiting with maybe the likes of Taupau, JTurbo and Papalli... maybe even Dugan at a stretch

I think DCE, BHunt and ARey all in a similar boat as PODs who could go large but the latter a sick note and Cleary seems pretty resilient and kicks goals really well as a bonus!
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by GreenMachine Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thinking of keeping Milford for one last bash against the Rabbits at home, and going Frawley to Laybutt instead, taking 200k into next week.

Why not. He should slice them open several times. They're awful!
    As long as you don't need Laybutt to play this week as good chance JT will be there
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:35 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just out of interest, why is everyone so keen on Cleary now? ( 5 round average isn't anything to write home about, scored a try last match for a boost ). Is it due to Moylan or there form??

For me it's the form of the Panthers changing and so therefore the last 3 games are key. Small sample size but thats a 54 average which puts him up there as the 3rd best half. With Pearce not a genuine option until after 19, Cleary aonly having one bye left, and Cleary's price still under due to poor previous form, all things considered he is one of the better buys right now.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thinking of keeping Milford for one last bash against the Rabbits at home, and going Frawley to Laybutt instead, taking 200k into next week.

If this makes your decision easier, in last weeks game RTS scored a pretty soft try late in the game otherwise he was line for another terrible score
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Why not. He should slice them open several times. They're awful!
    As long as you don't need Laybutt to play this week as good chance JT will be there
    I'll have Munster hold the fort with Milf so won't need to play him at all.

I'll bring Cleary in next week for Milf anyway so probably no need to switch the weeks. 

Arghhh this is frustrating.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 am

itsJay wrote:

If this makes your decision easier, in last weeks game RTS scored a pretty soft try late in the game otherwise he was line for another terrible score
    Yeah would also mean I can stop watching the Warriors play, so gotta be good haha
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:44 am

only 1 bye left
    previous gun
    panthers on the improve
    not much else to chose from
    been ordinary but still ranks high compared to other HLF's
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:50 am

Weird dream last night, really strange. Warriors beat Titans 30-0 in the Grand Final. It was a dream not a premonition so at least I know this will NEVER happen
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 am

Well pretty much locked in the RTS>Rapana trade. Will mull over wether Cotric or Milf gets the boot for Cleary. Decisions to be made
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 am

I was interested to see how cleary scored with moylan at 6. Hard to tell based off the dogs games as the dogs were so bad but it looks promising.

Is everyone gonna jump on cleary or wait it out and try and bring in pearce after the byes?
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 am

What are the odds S.Mat gets knocked silly (again) trying to tackle Tapau this weekend.
    Might have to move him to the NPR's this round unfortunately. He is brave but these
    headknocks are becoming a weekly event.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am

I've gone from thinking I have to burn another two trades and that they were ESSENTIAL trades to not making any trades this round.

I was going to trade out Graham but if he plays, it'll be a massive waste of a trade even though there are still question marks over him.

I was also going to trade Hayne but if he's playing fullback again, I'm expecting that late-season-revival-of-form that Hayne is known for.

0 trades.

However I will be drinking heavily on Friday night (just like old Sportal times) so there's every chance I will have some bright idea and pull out two dud trades.

Thankfully now that I live in Aus, that's two hours less of heavy drinking before games start... plus rolling lock-out so I may be able to reverse them! How times have changed!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am

50/50 Taupau does something silly against the Knights and gets a 2-3 week suspension.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:18 am

I was looking at my team & noticed Lamb (35) is only averaging 3 less points than Cotric (38). Everyone always seems to wrap Cotric but why no love for my boy Lamb. Lamb is going to make you all pay I tell ya. bounce
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 am

SO what is the deal with Graham? Did someone post there was a likelihood of surgery?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am

White Lightning wrote:I was looking at my team & noticed Lamb (35) is only averaging 3 less points than Cotric (38). Everyone always seems to wrap Cotric but why no love for my boy Lamb. Lamb is going to make you all pay I tell ya. bounce

I've had Lamb since the start, but he has been a NPR for me the last month or so. He's solid and will be good for round 18 and 19. Funny that his first two games he scored over 40 but under 40 since. He's gotta have a 50 point game coming, surely.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:39 am

At the moment, 17 trades and 391K;

This week;

Bodene - Tolo
    Niko - Lolo

Next week;

Ponga - Munster
    Frawley - Brown/Laybutt
    Yates - Gurgess

Will leave me with I think 13 next week, 15 if somehow Wallace and Slater don't play.  Will also give me around 450K.  might need to upgrade Brailey back to Smith quicker than expected.  Not sure if the Niko-Lolo and Yates-Gurgess are needed as they are not total cashouts only bye friendly and not keepers.  Lolo could be a great 18th man though.  Might opt for Jesse over Gurgess though depends how they go this week.

Looking at my squad, I have too much cash spread out over the whole field. Might just have to go guns now to maximise trades or else doing the above trades might still leave me with too many mid rangers and not enough trades to solidify the team.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:46 am

Is McInnes your other hooker?

I dont like the Lolo trade mate. He aint gonna be a keeper so you are essentially just picking him up for one game arent ya? Why not grab Munster now - play him at half for a bit and then switch to WFB after 15 and bring in Cleary?

Also theres a chance Ponga plays round 15 - you've held him this long, you may as well play him.

I think the Gurgess trade is an ok one seeing as you have 17 trades left. You are unlikely to need all those so may as well burn a few to get some Bye round points (i'd be wanting players that'll play both remaining big byes though assuming that's where you are short! so Brown another good option after this week too if you dont already have him).
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:SO what is the deal with Graham? Did someone post there was a likelihood of surgery?

Bone spurs neck impacting nerves. If he has surgery his season is over but the surgery is not compulsory. J. Graham wants to play & it can be managed. I have no idea whether he'll play or not this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:57 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Is McInnes your other hooker?

I dont like the Lolo trade mate. He aint gonna be a keeper so you are essentially just picking him up for one game arent ya? Why not grab Munster now - play him at half for a bit and then switch to WFB after 15 and bring in Cleary?

Also theres a chance Ponga plays round 15 - you've held him this long, you may as well play him.

I think the Gurgess trade is an ok one seeing as you have 17 trades left. You are unlikely to need all those so may as well burn a few to get some Bye round points (i'd be wanting players that'll play  both remaining big byes though assuming that's where you are short! so Brown another good option after this week too if you dont already have him).

Thanks mate, yeah, that's why I'm not sure about the Lolohea trade, I don't really need him, I have Lamb there anyway really.  And yeah, was hoping Ponga gets a run next week, that was just basing on him not playing.  Have Brown already too. My team;

McInnes Brailey
    Fifita Brown Wallace Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Kaufusi Elliot Fui
    SJ Lamb Niko Frawley
    SMat Croker Cotric Kelly
    RTS Slater Semi Suli Ponga

With my cap and money I'm at like 9.8m.  Bodene to either Tolo or Gal is locked in.  I think you're right, I could just go Munster this week, was slightly worried about Oriign but I don't think he'll get a look in.  I think even with 17 trades, bringing in keepers will be better.  Might even run Lamb this week and get Merrin, but no one worth trading unless I spend all my cap going Yates to Merrin.  I am liking CLeary though. He has a much lower BE than Munster so might even be worth getting Cleary now and Munster next week.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm