NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 am

Klemhammer wrote:Ponga - Teddy
    Or Whitehead to Lolo

First for me.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 47

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am

A halves combo of SJ and Cleary looks so sweet.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:20 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just out of interest, why is everyone so keen on Cleary now? ( 5 round average isn't anything to write home about, scored a try last match for a boost ). Is it due to Moylan or there form??

Cleary not on my radar either, will see what he does this weekend and think about it after his second bye. Although I doubt I will bring him in, need to strengthen my forwards.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:33 am

People sold on Munster though and he's traveling about the same as Cleary. Munster a gun though let's be honest.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

That's a ton of cap space - Id just be bringing in the guns!

I'd definitely flick Bodene for Taumalolo. Dont know if you saw my earlier post but I reckon if the Warriors lose this weekend he's first in line to get the chop!

And I guess your hand is forced with Niko. But the question is, Cleary, Munster, or cash out?

I think you should try and maximise current points. Its unlikely that Munster plays origin so grab him now and hope for the best. Then Cleary after 15 and you are set in your halves (could go to Pearce after 19 if you have the trades and want a POD). In the mean time Munster is great bye cover and will surely get 40 per game minimum.

I think Brailey/McInnes owners are in a tricky situation as there is no-one obvious to bring in but its looking increasingly clear Brailey needs to go after this round. Not sure what you do though. Run some numbers on the main alternatives - Smith, Friend, others, and see who gives you the most points over the next 5 weeks....

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 am

No chance of Munster sneaking into Origin hey? As a QLDer, I wouldn't think so, but you never know. Kev might pull a swifty.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:41 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:That's a ton of cap space - Id just be bringing in the guns!

I'd definitely flick Bodene for Taumalolo. Dont know if you saw my earlier post but I reckon if the Warriors lose this weekend he's first in line to get the chop!

And I guess your hand is forced with Niko. But the question is, Cleary, Munster, or cash out?

I think you should try and maximise current points. Its unlikely that Munster plays origin so grab him now and hope for the best. Then Cleary after 15 and you are set in your halves (could go to Pearce after 19 if you have the trades and want a POD). In the mean time Munster is great bye cover and will surely get 40 per game minimum.

I think Brailey/McInnes owners are in a tricky situation as there is no-one obvious to bring in but its looking increasingly clear Brailey needs to go after this round. Not sure what you do though. Run some numbers on the main alternatives - Smith, Friend, others, and see who gives you the most points over the next 5 weeks....

Thanks mate, that's the push I needed.  Yeah, I'm surprised Bodene stayed in the side this wwek, he was fucking shithouse last week.  As I just posted, I was going to bring in Munster before Origin 1 and then the talk of him potentially being a smokie put me off.  Don't think he'll get in though.  Not fussed with the hooker situation, they both play next week so that's good enough for me at the moment.  Liking Cleary and flip of a coin, can still bring Munster next week if he plays, especially if Ponga doesn't.  Cleary looking on the rise though and even bringing him in this week, it's a player already set for 18&19. Both Cleary and Munster keepers anyway so it's all good.

Not thinking about a Niko cashout cause then I'll have to upgrade Frawley as I want to keep Lamb on the bench for 18&19.  Thanks for your input mate, really appreciate it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:44 am

I'm not sold on any half other than Pearce. I will run SJ, C. Walker, Lamb & Field until round 20. I did consider Munster but he's only averaging mid 40's & he's up against the Sharks this week so I can't see him busting out a 50+ score. He's only averaging 8-9 points more than Lamb. Cleary scored big last week but any average half could of against those pathetic Bulldogs & there's a good chance that Moylan will steal his points.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:44 am

I currently have
    14 for round 15
    16 for round 16
    14 for round 18
    14 for round 19

Aiming to get 17 for round 16 and 19 with minimal trades, happy with 14 for round 15 and 18 atm
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:48 am

I think I'll ditch Graham for Fifita this week and cash out Elliot as early as next week. Slater becomes Munster next week and then I can work on my shit show of CTRS. Brown could always be upgraded after round 18 too but that's a luxury trade at the moment. Need to leave enough cash to turn RTS to Tedesco/Rapana and Hayne to Turbo to set up my final team.

Smith McInnes
    Fifita James Brown Fai
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Elliot
    SJ CWalker NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Fuimaono Kelly Idris
    RTS Slater Radradra Hayne Phythian
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 am

wolfking wrote:People sold on Munster though and he's traveling about the same as Cleary.  Munster a gun though let's be honest.

Funnily enough I'm bringing Munster in this week. Not sold on him at all but I have both Frawley and Niko in need of milking. Munster seems the best choice for me in regards byes but I am not confident. My hope is that he goes back to fullback when Slater plays Origin but not sure that will happen.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 am

Anyone without Graham.. are you considering bringing him in or is the injury too much of a red flag? His price is just so juicy.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:00 am

SI wrote:

Funnily enough I'm bringing Munster in this week. Not sold on him at all but I have both Frawley and Niko in need of milking. Munster seems the best choice for me in regards byes but I am not confident. My hope is that he goes back to fullback when Slater plays Origin but not sure that will happen.

The risk with Munster is what game plan the Storm go in with in any particular game. He's had a couple of quiet games because the game plan was to attack the opposite edge thereby starving him of ball. But as you say mate he's worth a punt because he's very talented & can still score well no matter what the game plan. It's interesting that only the Storm, Eels & Souths play both rounds 15 & 18 so if you want good bye coverage then you should pick from those teams.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:00 am

danseels1985 wrote:I think I'll ditch Graham for Fifita this week and cash out Elliot as early as next week. Slater becomes Munster next week and then I can work on my shit show of CTRS. Brown could always be upgraded after round 18 too but that's a luxury trade at the moment. Need to leave enough cash to turn RTS to Tedesco/Rapana and Hayne to Turbo to set up my final team.

Smith McInnes
    Fifita James Brown Fai
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Elliot
    SJ CWalker NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Fuimaono Kelly Idris
    RTS Slater Radradra Hayne Phythian

Why not Vaughn - you'd think he outscores Fifita between now and 18, then you can bring in Fifita for Brown at 19.

Graham is certainly a problem aye. It's a big loss to have to suck up though...Im wondering if its worth holding him for one more week to see if he plays. Worst case you can switch the reserve from him to Elliot if he's out. You probably dont lose that many points and give yourself a chance to hold off on that trade and the cash loses. You'd think there will be some word of whats up with him before the weekend anyway.

Who'd you bring in for Niko? NuBrown?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:02 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:That's a ton of cap space - Id just be bringing in the guns!

The funny thing with Bodene is his output is actually very similar to the last couple of years-he is just not getting the tries and associated TB's at the moment. His base stat average for the last 5 games is 44, but no tried and only 2 TB's.

A couple of tries and he is averaging 50 odd instead of 40 for the last 5 rounds.

Not saying they are coming, and I am trading him due to byes, but I don't actually want to.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 am

And I am trading Bodene to Surgess so not feeling that bad about it.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 am

SI wrote:

The funny thing with Bodene is his output is actually very similar to the last couple of years-he is just not getting the tries and associated TB's at the moment. His base stat average for the last 5 games is 44, but no tried and only 2 TB's.

A couple of tries and he is averaging 50 odd instead of 40 for the last 5 rounds.

Not saying they are coming, and I am trading him due to byes, but I don't actually want to.

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Are his missed tackles up on last year? Thats what they were banging on about on the radio yesterday. 5 MTs for him last week and 6 for Hoffman they said.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Why not Vaughn - you'd think he outscores Fifita between now and 18, then you can bring in Fifita for Brown at 19.

Graham is certainly a problem aye. It's a big loss to have to suck up though...Im wondering if its worth holding him for one more week to see if he plays. Worst case you can switch the reserve from him to Elliot if he's out. You probably dont lose that many points and give yourself a chance to hold off on that trade and the cash loses. You'd think there will be some word of whats up with him before the weekend anyway.

Who'd you bring in for Niko? NuBrown?

Yeah I was thinking Vaughan,I just wouldn't want to be priced out of getting Fifi that's all haha. Hmm food for thought at least,thanks man. Yeah I brought in NuBrown for 15 and I'll cash out Idris next week to use Haynes DPP
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Are his missed tackles up on last year? Thats what they were banging on about on the radio yesterday. 5 MTs for him last week and 6 for Hoffman they said.

Last month has been average for missed tackles hasn't it, haha, 15 according to Fantasy. Not sure how many are in try scoring scenarios (ala Elliott last week copping 8 missed tackles but half of them were from being the Dogs best and trying to save tries).

Bodene does seem to be getting turned around a bit though and left clutching in defence so not sure if that is structure or his own fitness.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am

Which 2 CTRs for this week. Hayne, Hopoate and Cotric?

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:46 pm