NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 am

zorasdomain wrote:

I like you Very Happy
    Not like these other guys with their "choose 1 of these 3 awesome players to be my last reserve". Norman has really ruined everything.
    If I do the trade I really want to do, my last reserve is also either Cook or Yates. Who the hell knows really?
    Were Cook's low minutes because it was against the Tigers? The only 2 games where Cook has played less than 40 minutes have both been against the Tigers. I don't know if that's a coincidence or if it's because of the Robbie factor, and Cook could get his normal game time back this week. But they did win so maybe not.
    I'm leaning towards Yates. At least he should score 30. Question

I know right.. Its like "choose two between Mannering, Tolo, Pearce and Fifita lolz"... Here I am trying to pick a player that scores more than 20... Jerks.. haha

I'm playing Frawley but if he can score 30s while Norman is out i'll be happy.
    I'm still not sure risking playing Cook incase its another 12 points. Either way I know i'll pick the wrong one haha
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by zorasdomain Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I know right.. Its like "choose two between Mannering, Tolo, Pearce and Fifita lolz"... Here I am trying to pick a player that scores more than 20... Jerks.. haha

I'm playing Frawley but if he can score 30s while Norman is out i'll be happy.
    I'm still not sure risking playing Cook incase its another 12 points. Either way I know i'll pick the wrong one haha

Yep, massive jerks Razz But it's nice to know I'm not alone.
    I'm sure I will choose the wrong one like I always do. Gosh, I could also choose from Suli, Hampton or CNK! Oh, the choices!
    Yates plays before Cook, so I'll probably play Yates if he's in the final team (as it's the Knights so I'm sure he can get dropped without warning). My criteria for selection is that I'm expecting that he will score more than 12 points.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 2:06 am

I'm not too worried about playing Lamb this week because some will have either Norman or K-Nik or both.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 2:13 am

Made my trades already & this is how I'm running out:
    Smith (Cook)
    Fifita, N. Brown, Wallace (F. Kaufusi)
    Gallen, Surgess, JDB, Crichton, Elliot, CHN
    SJ, Lamb (Field, Klokstad)
    Croker, L. Mitchell (Kelly, Idris)
    Slater, RTS, Cotric (R. Jennings, Abbey)

I got in Croker & Mitchell this week but still not convinced with Mitchell due to his poor base stats but maybe since he's had a kick up the ass those will improve. On his day though he can go big plus he's a dpp which I like.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed May 17, 2017 3:30 am

wolfking wrote:What do I do here;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Kaufusi Yates
    Surgess Brown Bodene Crichton CHN Elliot
    Norman Niko Frawley Lamb
    SMat Turbo Idris Kelly
    RTS Slater Cotric Suli Ponga

22 trades and 112K.  I hate trying to make decisions in situations like this. Thinking;

Turbo - Croker
    Idris - Fui

If Hunt doesn't come back, and I'll just play Lamb.  Want to cash out Idris and Fui looking like a brilliant option.

Leave Norman and Kaufusi for next week to go maybe Walker/SJ and Graham.  Will have to play Lamb and Frawley if Hunt is back and don't trade Norman.  The Walker news is a worry, and Reynolds has become so injury prone.  Munster can probably wait for 13, and SJ looking like the best option but won't know about Niko until after Warriors play.

Fuck this game.  Any opinions?  Just trade Norman for SJ and Turbo for Croker or someone and be done with it?

Also, as a South Sydney fan, they should just pay Walker whatever the fuck he wants, seriously.

I assume you're playing for overall? then surely you want to maximise the point upgrade to your team that you run out this week. If you don't trade for SJ and Croker, you'll play say Frawley or Lamb and Kelly? On a normal night, that's around 35-40 points you're not picking up. You can always get Fui next week, admittedly for a higher price.

I'm a Souths fan too. I don't particularly believe the reports - or at least don't believe they are coming from Walker himself (probably his management lighting a bit of a fire). But I'm on Souths' side. They gave him a chance to kickstart his career, stuck with him through some earlier incidents, and gave him a contract upgrade. This whole player forcing clubs' hands by refusing to play/seeking a release is becoming a real issue. There must be a way to design a financial incentive (on both the player and the new club) to ensure that this situation doesn't occur. I'm ok with players like ET moving mid-season when they clearly weren't getting a run at their old club, but pushing through a mid-season transfer when you are playing regularly is pretty poor form as it leaves your old team/teammates in the shit. And if i was management at the new club (eg Parra for Moses), i'd be thinking what's to stop the player from doing the same thing the next time his contract is up for renewal?

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 am

was gunna hold Norman through his injury, but i'll probably get him out next week, i think having an actual halves partner will impact his scoring, there definitely won't be as many KM points for him.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 17, 2017 4:01 am

SI wrote:Just with the Kapow discussion-isn't he more like a low 40's player when he plays backrow?  If he stays at prop then that's a win, but I personally can't entertain a poor byes player at the moment.  I hope it works out Loomer, good to see the risk taking.

He actually averaged more as a 2rf than a frf last year, iirc. He's a tackle buster wherever he plays, but in the second row he's more of a threat to score tries. Not sure it matters because Manly using him a front row this year and it's going well for them and him. The ONLY thing that'd stop me getting him in after 15 is that he's a constant suspension risk with his love of the shoulder charge.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 17, 2017 4:47 am

No Norman or KNik and ill have to run with Milf and Frawley, not the worst scenario.

Need to get rid of Turbo and am thinking Hopoate is interesting, but so is Guth. Have no idea what to do here
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

How many more games does Hayne need to play at centre before he gets DPP?

Want to swap Turbo for Teddy but I've got Turbo in my centres and no DPP to swap him into WFB with. If Hayne gets DPP soon then could be the ideal solution.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Wed May 17, 2017 8:57 am

Regulator wrote:How many more games does Hayne need to play at centre before he gets DPP?

Want to swap Turbo for Teddy but I've got Turbo in my centres and no DPP to swap him into WFB with. If Hayne gets DPP soon then could be the ideal solution.

Its this weekend and one more. He's been named twice.
    Babou
    Babou

Post by Babou Wed May 17, 2017 9:26 am

Atm my trades are Norman-SJ and Fusi-Brown, any thoughts on better trades I could do?

Smith Pritchard
    Fifita McGuire Wallace Ese
    Whitehead De Belin Crichton Thompson (Brown) Stone
    (SJ) nikorima LittleJohn Hampton
    Chambers Matautia Kelly Fuimaono
    RTS Cotric Hayne Suli Burns

Last edited by Babou on Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 am

Nu Brown to the dogs next year
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am

Great reading so far this thread, some real head scratchers trying to work out where to make the trades. Anyone with trio Norman, Kaufusi and Turbo has to make a call which 2 of the 3 are more important. I've gone:
    Turbo to Fuimaona
    Kaufusi to Surgess

So team looking like:

Smith (Brailey)
    Fifita Brown (tetevano Hoare)
    JDB, Surgess, Crichton (Whitehead, Stone, Yates)
    Frawley, Niko (Norman, Fogerty)
    Leilua, Cotric (Fuimaona, Suli)
    RTS, Hayne, Slater (Ponga, Edwards)

Can anyone see a better trades combo? If I don't trade Turbo, I can't afford Surgess and I think he's the must have this week.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am

Smith, Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, Kaufusi, Musgrove
    McGuire, Crichton, ET, Whitehead, CHN, Yates
    Norman, Milf, KNik, Frawley
    SMat, Cotric, Suli, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, MWZ, Abbey

128k and 24 trades left, which of those 4 should be prioritised or can anyone see anything else glaring.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 am

OnTheLast wrote:Great reading so far this thread, some real head scratchers trying to work out where to make the trades. Anyone with trio Norman, Kaufusi and Turbo has to make a call which 2 of the 3 are more important. I've gone:
    Turbo to Fuimaona
    Kaufusi to Surgess

So team looking like:

Smith (Brailey)

Can anyone see a better trades combo? If I don't trade Turbo, I can't afford Surgess and I think he's the must have this week.
    There's so many trade possibilities this week it's daunting.
    I have the trio above and really have no idea what to do.

Kelly is gonna drop a lot this week and I feel like turning him into Fui is an important trade.

Your trades look pretty solid. Hoping Kaufusi is bumped back into the starting side though
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    There's so many trade possibilities this week it's daunting.
    I have the trio above and really have no idea what to do.

Kelly is gonna drop a lot this week and I feel like turning him into Fui is an important trade.

Your trades look pretty solid. Hoping Kaufusi is bumped back into the starting side though

I think yours should be Kelly to Fui - also means you get 2 centers for r12. And you need Surgess.

I can see Kaufusi bleeding 50k in a hurry so he's a sell in my mind.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 am

Babou wrote:Atm my trades are Norman-SJ and Fusi-Brown, any thoughts on better trades I could do?

Smith Pritchard
    Fifita McGuire Wallace Ese
    Whitehead De Belin Crichton Thompson (Brown) Stone
    (SJ) nikorima LittleJohn Hampton
    Chambers Matautia Kelly Fuimaono
    RTS Cotric Hayne Suli Burns

I think the players out are on point but you could go Graham instead of Brown but it's really a preference thing. If Hunt plays you could swap LJ in for Niko as he is starting.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Smith, Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, Kaufusi, Musgrove
    McGuire, Crichton, ET, Whitehead, CHN, Yates
    Norman, Milf, KNik, Frawley
    SMat, Cotric, Suli, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, MWZ, Abbey

128k and 24 trades left, which of those 4 should be prioritised or can anyone see anything else glaring.

I'm trying to find a way to hold Norman but I dont think it's realistic if you want to stay competitive. Obviously Turbo and him are the two priorities with Kelly and Brailey to be upgraded also. Cotric has been putting in serviceable scores so he is fine to hold in the centres. Maybe turn turbo into a Munster or Walker or maybe bring in both of them for Turbo and Norman?
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 am

OnTheLast wrote:Great reading so far this thread, some real head scratchers trying to work out where to make the trades. Anyone with trio Norman, Kaufusi and Turbo has to make a call which 2 of the 3 are more important. I've gone:
    Turbo to Fuimaona
    Kaufusi to Surgess

So team looking like:

Smith (Brailey)

Kaufusi can be held to see how he goes, he could still get a good 50+ mins and go over for a try against the swiss cheese Souths defense (I'm a bunnies fan). Who knows...

If Hunt plays then niko wont be a good option in your 17 so maybe trade Norman out for a gun half?

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 am

It must be fate that I can go Faufusi>Gallen and TTurbo>Aubusson and have zero left in the bank

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 pm