NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 34 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 pm

No Worries wrote:

They've been trying to move Moses or Norman to make the cap space. Suprised that Moses is so keen on staying. He left the Tigers because he wanted to win something and now has a spoon. Rached his goal firrst year, what's left to achieve.

He could still challenge for Ben Hunts most missed field goals
    Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 34 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:10 pm

haynsey is in a bit of trouble on this one...
    They will slut shame the chick in the media tho if her messages are raunchy etc but an injury to her vagina is pretty damming

Hes going to be in a jury's hands for this one!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Thoughts on getting rid of norman? Personally I think he is pretty inconsistent, but on his day can be excellent. He is too laid back to ever be the main shot caller on a winning team though I reckon.

Keeping Moses over him... I wonder if they are still trying to punt him too. It seems as if he feels he needs to be the chief playcaller and play maker on what ever team he is on, and can be quite good at it at times. They almost need just a defending and ball running 6 to partner him in the halves.

He and books didnt play well together, Brooks shone after Moses left and he was the primary half.
    Moses struggled sharing duties with any half he has ever played with in first grade. Do you give him a season as the cheif and if he cant deliver, fuck him off?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:33 am

Moses needs to lay off the Coke
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am

Well, here we go again, and I'd say we really are that bad. But............No Hayne, no expectations, no doubt we will somehow make the eight!
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Played against pooh, but will take the W!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 34 80xMi3x
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 am

I like Dylan Brown as a talent but someone needs to get in his ear about fishing for a new contract, Sterlo summed it up well
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:38 am

he was specifically asked about it but yeah, should have been more subtle. He is clearly the future in the halves at the club but saying shit like that wont help his cause. He is already a better player than Moses IMO lol.

Loved seeing gutho snag a few on the weekend. Really like seeing him play, good to see him back at his best just backing up and doing the little things.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:24 pm

As an Eels fan,I'm not fussed either way re Browns comments. Media make so much out of little Things like that, it just shits me. And then for Sterlo to say something along the lines of, "I just hope he considers who got him here and who has supported him" etc, fuck that. Just do what's right for yourself kid.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:04 am

Gutho is good, he plays with so much passion
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Happy with our effort through 60 odd minutes. We matched them well, but then their depth and class came through and we played em back in with some sloppy efforts, still, not a terrible effort agaist the premiers, just gotta remember the game is 80 minutes.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:08 pm

geez the roosters depth is good....
    Missing their halfback, hooker, starting prop, starting winger and they kicked on when you would expect them to be in trouble.

Ice

Post by Ice Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Pieman wrote:geez the roosters depth is good....
    Missing their halfback, hooker, starting prop, starting winger and they kicked on when you would expect them to be in trouble.

Clearly the benchmark are the Roosters, I'll take the effort, and clearly that form line is now not terrible after we comfortably account for the Sharks. The Broncos cowboys game seems to have been a myth re form lines.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Sharks missing their starting second rower, lock, fullback and 6....
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 am

Pieman wrote:Sharks missing their starting second rower, lock, fullback and 6....

Us missing our 6 and our two best forwards in Brown and Mau and with a bunch of newbies and no current Origin players and still looking at the two sides that lined up nobody would pick us to win, so yep, solid effort.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:02 am

Your hating us being 3-1 Pieman, finding excuses for our effort every week. Very Happy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:16 am

every week? not yet but see below lol
    Just adding some reality to the wins.

They have played well do doubt and deserve the wins, but they arent going as well as you make them sound lol. As soon as johnson was out I changed my tip.
    The panthers are playing like busteds.
    The knights are even worse.
    Cronulla lost their halfback an hour before the game.
    and they got towelled by a significantly under strength roosters side.
    Wins are wins through so good on them.

I would love to have some wins with ** next to newcastle's name at the moment though. We wont make the 8 the way we are going.

On another note, I was spot on about moses. He plays well when he is the dominant half, he excels even. Is having a really good year and one think I never thought I would say - I am enjoying watching him play.

I dont understand why they havent locked gutho in on a long term deal yet... the fella is the heart and soul of the team. I would HAPPILY take him at newcastle to play 6. The bloke is awesome.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:55 am

Pieman wrote:every week? not yet but see below lol
    Just adding some reality to the wins.

They have played well do doubt and deserve the wins, but they arent going as well as you make them sound lol. As soon as johnson was out I changed my tip.
    The panthers are playing like busteds.
    The knights are even worse.
    Cronulla lost their halfback an hour before the game.
    and they got towelled by a significantly under strength roosters side.
    Wins are wins through so good on them.

I would love to have some wins with ** next to newcastle's name at the moment though. We wont make the 8 the way we are going.

On another note, I was spot on about moses. He plays well when he is the dominant half, he excels even. Is having a really good year and one think I never thought I would say - I am enjoying watching him play.

I dont understand why they havent locked gutho in on a long term deal yet... the fella is the heart and soul of the team. I would HAPPILY take him at newcastle to play 6. The bloke is awesome.

That's pretty much an excuse for every week. just wondering, how many teams missing their best forward and arguably their second best, but a certain starting forward none the less do you consider full strength?

As well as I make them sound? I've hardly waxed lyrical about any of them. Acknowledged our first two were against teams going average, said our effort against the Roosters, was good for 60 which isn't enough,  JT. The Roosters depth is way better than ours and we were missing our two best forwards and accounted for a sharks side with more depth with maybe 1 more starter out than us.

We are waaaaaay off being anywhere near top 8 certainties, and I imagine we will come back down to earth againstthe Raiders this week. But we are 3-1 when, looking at our draw at the start of the year, I would have Tipped us 1-3 at best, like Newcastle. So I'm not sure how I need you to add reality,  but thanks for your expertise.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am

well you did say I was "finding excuses for the effort every week" when I had literally only done it once.... your myth to the form lines comment.. there is a bit of myth about parras wins so far.

No worries mate, my expertise is always here for you.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:45 am