NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 35 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Pieman wrote:well you did say I was "finding excuses for the effort every week" when I had literally only done it once.... your myth to the form lines comment.. there is a bit of myth about parras wins so far.

No worries mate, my expertise is always here for you.

Re our form, its solid without being spectacular, plenty of room for improvement, no myth there.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 35 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Shanbon Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I understand the Gutho contract negotiations and the media are beating up a story (probably pushed by his manager)

The Eels offered him 450-500k at the end of last year, a year they got the wooden spoon and he changed positions a few times. He said no I want more will back myself in the first part of the season and we will go from there. Parra said ok and withdrew offer until everyone was ready to go again. That time seems like it’s coming now, there is no issue with how this has played out and considering Parra have about 700k left this year and heaps in coming years I think a deal will get done. What might delay it any deal is if he insists on waiting to see if BA is re-signed as I don’t think the Eels should look at that until after rd12.

I wouldn’t start negotiating with Moses until after you know what coach you’re going with unless he somehow kills it for the next 6-8 weeks consistently. While he has been above avg he went missing when the pressure hit against the Roosters. We had a few attacking sets where he didn’t touch the ball in the 2nd half.

I wonder how many teams are saving big Ponga money for the 1st of November? I’d give him a 5 year 6mil deal easy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:47 am

I heard on the radio Parramatta have 17 players off contract this year. Probably waiting to see if Hayne is acquitted.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 am

Ice wrote:

Re our form, its solid without being spectacular, plenty of room for improvement, no myth there.

Not trying to have a go, the Eels have played some great football in the last month... but...

Where do you see the improvement? Gutherson can't play any better - he'd be close to my player of the season so far. Im not sure the forwards can play better then they have, theyve been crushing every pack except the Roosters which was an even match. Apart from whoever is healthy enough to play #6, I dont see the backline having the ability to play better then they have already either.

Like, its not a bad problem to have but its a long way to go in the season to not have an extra gear.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 am

Shanbon wrote:I understand the Gutho contract negotiations and the media are beating up a story (probably pushed by his manager)

The Eels offered him 450-500k at the end of last year, a year they got the wooden spoon and he changed positions a few times. He said no I want more will back myself in the first part of the season and we will go from there. Parra said ok and withdrew offer until everyone was ready to go again. That time seems like it’s coming now, there is no issue with how this has played out and considering Parra have about 700k left this year and heaps in coming years I think a deal will get done. What might delay it any deal is if he insists on waiting to see if BA is re-signed as I don’t think the Eels should look at that until after rd12.

I wouldn’t start negotiating with Moses until after you know what coach you’re going with unless he somehow kills it for the next 6-8 weeks consistently. While he has been above avg he went missing when the pressure hit against the Roosters. We had a few attacking sets where he didn’t touch the ball in the 2nd half.

I wonder how many teams are saving big Ponga money for the 1st of November? I’d give him a 5 year 6mil deal easy

Why on earth would you delay signing BA until after Rd 12?
    The bloke is clearly a good coach.

Even if they do hit a rough patch of form, surely it would be too fickle and Parramatta-esque to sack the coach when he has proven he can rally the team and be a success, when not having to deal with off field rubbish.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Why on earth would you delay signing BA until after Rd 12?
    The bloke is clearly a good coach.

Even if they do hit a rough patch of form, surely it would be too fickle and Parramatta-esque to sack the coach when he has proven he can rally the team and be a success, when not having to deal with off field rubbish.
    They know exactly what sort of coach he is, putting a meaningless arbitrary timeline on his signing is stupid. They could win or lose every game between now and then and it wouldn't make an iota of difference to his coaching ability.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:18 am

ryno_ wrote:

Not trying to have a go, the Eels have played some great football in the last month... but...

Where do you see the improvement? Gutherson can't play any better - he'd be close to my player of the season so far. Im not sure the forwards can play better then they have, theyve been crushing every pack except the Roosters which was an even match. Apart from whoever is healthy enough to play #6, I dont see the backline having the ability to play better then they have already either.

Like, its not a bad problem to have but its a long way to go in the season to not have an extra gear.

I think our halves have scope for improvement, especially Brown and Salmon. Mahoney in the 9 still has a long way to go. We have Nathan Brown and Manu Mau to come back in. lane has been good but only played a few games with us so his combos with the halves should improve. Sivo has started well, but is still sooooo raw, like Semi early in the piece. So there is scope there for sure. And maybe we go the other way and crash Andrew burn. Either is likely, or we keep going the way we are and may scape into the 8.

Can't see us beating the raiders this weekend, we have a terrible record in Canberra, so how we bounce back against the Tigers at our new stadium will be huge.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

I suppose if Parramatta are running right to left you wont miss much

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 35 56972049_1810285712405210_3250013095891828736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeEssaWIPMiyHCH98oI5fKuTSp7N-5z5qQ2fSrWYKcGGwZr9ABovBY4tpQDuluOsgD0ukjAaXeQZRaZfUUKIK2q1wHA3MQYSPmUE9YthYAZkPQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 am

hahah jeez... surely they dont sell tickets for that seat and the few around it?? Thats a shocker...

Parra played pretty poorly last night, yes they hace a dreadful record against the Raiders in canberra, but still.. you would want to hope that isnt standard performance against a side in good form.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 am

The stadium did respond and say it's in the premium terrace and isn't sold for events. Which begs the question, when is it sold ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am

No Worries wrote:The stadium did respond and say it's in the premium terrace and isn't sold for events. Which begs the question, when is it sold ?

Maybe concerts down that end of the field?

That or when there is a strong left to right breeze.

Architects/design engineers 3D model these stadiums now and would have been able to work this out prior to construction, so guessing it was considered.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am

I thought that about concerts, but it's behind the dead ball line, Need to be a thin stage.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:42 am

Pieman wrote:hahah jeez... surely they dont sell tickets for that seat and the few around it?? Thats a shocker...

Parra played pretty poorly last night, yes they hace a dreadful record against the Raiders in canberra, but still.. you would want to hope that isnt standard performance against a side in good form.

A terrible record in and against the Raiders. That should have been 40-0 had it not been for some solid defence early,but gee whizz, you can't turn the ball over what, 18 times atthis level and expect to win. 43% possession just isn't enough.

As I said, plenty of work to do for us to be a top 8 contender.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:00 am

An interesting game. Tigers completed at over 80%, more tackle breaks, about the same metres per set, more offloads, more kick metres, 5 less errors, less missed tackles, higher effective tackle rate, only one more ineffective tackle, yet had 51 put on them? I just can't work it out.

Solid effort from us but a false dawn for mine, we still have plenty to do.  It again, without 3 first choice forwards and first choice 6, and our metre eating winger, that was a sound first up performance at our new home that will count for little If we can't get past an ordinary and under the pump Knights, who, like the Raiders, we have a poor record against. It's a very good time for the Kingihts to be running into a team like the Eels. Beating us after that performance will take a lot of heat off Brown and Co, but complacency can be a real momentum killer and that is my fear for this weekend.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am

tipping the knights myself ice

has all the makings of upset

home game for the knights who should be as desperate as they can possibly be up against an eels teams who had a huge week and even bigger game and have to be in for atleast some type of let down.

parra are better but its just seems like a game where there is a good chance newy are well and truly up for it and parra are a bit off the pace
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 pm

leaguegod wrote:tipping the knights myself ice

has all the makings of upset

home game for the knights who should be as desperate as they can possibly be up against an eels teams who had a huge week and even bigger game and have to be in for atleast some type of let down.

parra are better but its just seems like a game where there is a good chance newy are well and truly up for it and parra are a bit off the pace

Yep, Newie should be great value.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 am

as much as I hope so - this newcastle side has shown nothing this year and they wont beat anyone unless there is a massive shift in attitude.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:14 am

It will come this week v the Eels, just watch.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:25 pm

All Eels fans a wary of Knights games. We just don’t match up well style wise. I’m tipping a high scoring game with a knights win. Pearce and Ponga to have big ones
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:50 pm

This is exactly why Parra are taking their time and not offering overs in negotiation with BA Gutho and Moses. You never see the top 4 teams come out this flat, Parra need to find some consistentcy

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm