NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Dip

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 38 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Dip Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:00 pm

So a prop lays a cheap shot on a tackled player when down by 22 with 8 minutes to go. Then a centre mouths off at him and he punches him flush on the jaw when the centre has his hands down. And in the ensuing fight the other centre is still happy to have a go at him one on one. Then despite the flush hit on the jaw the centre is still happy to call him out want to go again and doesn't feel like he needs any medical treatment. Seems to me Allgood couldn't hit the cream off a bowl of custard and was far less intimidating than a centre. No wonder those were tough years for Parra if that was your starting prop.
    Krump
    Krump

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 38 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Krump Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Dip wrote:So a prop lays a cheap shot on a tackled player when down by 22 with 8 minutes to go. Then a centre mouths off at him and he punches him flush on the jaw when  the centre has his hands down. And in the ensuing fight the other centre is still happy to have a go at him one on one. Then despite the flush hit on the jaw the centre is still happy to call him out want to go again and doesn't feel like he needs any medical treatment. Seems to me Allgood couldn't hit the cream off a bowl of custard and was far less intimidating than a centre. No wonder those were tough years for Parra if that was your starting prop.
    Clap A+
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Shanbon wrote:One of my fav all time Eels moments came from Mitch Allgood, remember when Matai mouthed off thinking nothing would happen and Allgood just lays one on him haha

That is one of your all time fav Eels moments?????
    Wowee.... That's like saying your fav NSW moment is when gallen dog shotted myles and then did the same thing as Allgood did.

I cant believe Allgood didnt get sent off for that hahah

Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:19 am

Yeah, the Allgood thing doesn't really rate that high for me, my est Memory is winning 3 straight GFs. Anyone else remember that with their team? it was a while a go, but good times none the less.  You haven't truly supported a team until you've experienced three straight, be it premierships or spoons! 😂
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Going through times of adversity creates diehard fans.

Thats why Bronco/roosters fans are so fickle. If the Storm go poorly after Smith retires, it will happen there too. They are so used to be treated with preference by the league and they are so used to being a finals fixture that they dont know how to handle it when they arent expected to win most games. They think, oh, well ill come back next year when/if they are going well again.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Would be happy to pick up RCG
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:45 am

Yes with Penrith paying the bulk, RCG would be a handy addition, but at full price, no way
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am

MrCashman wrote:Yes with Penrith paying the bulk, RCG would be a handy addition, but at full price, no way

Obviously not at full price of his current contract,which is overs on this years form, but even at a discounted rate, if he gets back Tom Origin form he is one of the best in comp, if we can secure Welch also I'd be very happy with. Our pack, save for the 9.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:56 am

Welch is good, didn't he just injure himself though and is out for the rest of the season, done his knee apparently.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:45 am

yeah ACL the bloke will most likely miss a good chunk of next year
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:49 am

Take the W there. I had Knights anchoring all my multis given our record against them, but happy to part with a little hard earned for a crucial win.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 pm

The knights are terrible. They dont look like scoring aside from kicks. Parra dominated up the middle with their defence and we couldnt get out of our own end. I partially put it down to having a slow as fuck centre who doesnt do any hard yards and Mann on the wing who cant bring the ball back. We could have really used Ramien yesterday IMO.

Lino is terrible. Just terrible. I cant wait till Levi fucks off too. Fringe first graders at best. And to think in the last little bit we have lost both Naden and Ramien, both genuine good centres. Crazy. Parra just looked like they wanted it more yesterday for 80% of the game. Newie well and truely out enthused.

Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Couple of HUGE danger games. Titans and Bulldogs. We should account for the Titans which would secure top six I think and a home final. Bulldogs will be tougher but again, we should roll them if we are serious about pushing for a top 4. Broncos will be hard as they will be desperate to win to secure a finals birth, and We finish with Manly, which, at BankWest, is winnable, even after the result at Brookvale. Three wins would be great, but I'll take to from 4 on The run home.

Would be nice to sign David Fifita also come Nov 1
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 am

Good to get a win going into the finals but I'm not convinced finishing 5th is better for us than 6th, unless the Tigers can beat the Sharks. I'd rather face Brisbane that the Sharks in an elimination.

Kane Evans should be fine, arm clearly comes up off the shoulder, unlike Tapua who flushed the guy on the head. Thought the two tackles were totally different, even if the result to the tackled player was pretty much the same, but we judge the tackle not the injury received.

Regardless, you've gotta like Arthur's chance form COTY, taking the team from last to 5th, a huge effort really. Would be great to win next week, but realistically, I am doubtful we can do much damage thereafter, those losses to Dogs and Brisbane, costing us top 4 will hurt.

Still, a solid year compared to last
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:15 am

Well, as it turns out 5th got us the match up we wanted and you can see why. Our young forwards just far to strong for the celebrated Broncos pack and Moses just too classy. If he can reduce the gulf between his best and worst and Dylan brown continues to develop the way he is then we may just avoid the spoon next year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 am

They certainly looked better in every single facet of the game last night. My concern would be that after such an easy win, they arent prepared for what a scathing hot Melbourne side bring them next weekend.

Also - and the nrl wanted to look at a wildcard rule, and there is talk of expanding the league. Fuck me dead. Sides 7 and 8 are nothing but cannon fodder. Purely there to stretch the finals out for another week or so to make money for the game.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am

It's a joke that a losing season gets you a finals birth.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Pieman wrote:They certainly looked better in every single facet of the game last night. My concern would be that after such an easy win, they arent prepared for what a scathing hot Melbourne side bring them next weekend.

Also - and the nrl wanted to look at a wildcard rule, and there is talk of expanding the league. Fuck me dead. Sides 7 and 8 are nothing but cannon fodder. Purely there to stretch the finals out for another week or so to make money for the game.

Don't think it is fair to judge it on this season and particularly the insipid performance my team put in.

Let's not forget that the Broncos beat the Eels in a 1 point thriller a couple of weeks ago - a game like that would have justified the top 8 making finals
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 pm

RCG signs 5 year deal
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Don't think it is fair to judge it on this season and particularly the insipid performance my team put in.

Let's not forget that the Broncos beat the Eels in a 1 point thriller a couple of weeks ago - a game like that would have justified the top 8 making finals

mate then they got beaten easily by the dogs.
    Honestly there is no where near enough talent to expand the league. There is a reason that origin footy is the best thing all year, its the best players. Finals footy - the top 4 teams are so much better than the bottom 4 teams its not funny, the bottom 4 teams are barely worth watching. (Manly might be the exception this year)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:37 am