NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Scouter
    Scouter

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Scouter Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Revraiser wrote:

How come anti Brailey owners have felt the need all season to cment like this.

Dont get this, Brailey has done exactly what was wanted and whether it be now or in a few weeks people were always going to jump to one of the top tier hookers or a mid ranger such as Cook. Worked out. Those that started with McInnes suffered elsewhere in the squad but u dont see Brailey owners saying i told u so with his last 2 matches around 50 only.

Apologies if that comment came across a bit douchey, fyi i actually own Brailey and am laughing about the fact that i might 'get out of jail' with a guy whos going to start loosing money.
    Scouter
    Scouter

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Scouter Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:00 pm

When i referred to this 'damn game' i was more getting at things like my Podene trade been a fizzer, not playing Cotric the one week he has a great score etc etc.
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:00 pm

wolfking wrote:Okay lads, i need serious help. Im losing faith in this game and seriously want to quit. Only managed 731 and just inside the top 12000 for fucks sake. Heres my so called team;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Musgrove Yates
    Surgess Hess Siro Bodene Kafusi Wintersrein
    Norman Lamb Jacks Elgey
    SMat Turbo Idris Kelly
    Rts Slater Cotric Suli Ponga

Didnt play cotric or Musgrove last week which didnt help along with the awful slater and bodene trades. Have 28 trades and 53k in the bank. The last two years have been so strong for me and i just don't know what i am doing wrong!

You have an OK team > just a bad week > cheer up
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Anyone think it's a good idea to trade out Hess for CNH and Brailey for McInnes? Still leaves me with 414k in the bank
    robloomes
    robloomes

Post by robloomes Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:28 pm

How long is CNH going to be a starter for?
    TBO

Post by TBO Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Warriors wrote:In other news, TBO has been relatively quiet for the last two weeks.
    Its no coincidence that this has probably been since his team has dropped from 300 or so to around 1200th, with back to back scores around or under 750.
    Also no coincidence that talking up Hoare over Hess leading into round 3 was one of his latest posts. Hope he comes back and is open to others advice.
    Lots of good fantasy players on here. Just a reminder to all its a marathon not a sprint.
    Stick at it and plan for byes if you are sitting around 5000th. There is still time and half the game is luck dodging injuries.

I haven't been posting or really following the league in the past couple of weeks due to work and sorting out some personal things. As you can probably see I didn't even realise till today that Yates didn't even play on Saturday so didn't bother removing R off him so I coped an AE. I did however saw the Friday night lineups and decided to trade out K Bromwich for Hess since Hess was going to be starting as I wasn't going to trade him in before because of his uncertain job security. It was unfortunately he didn't come back after playing less than half of game due to HIA but at least his BE is still low so can still make money off him.

I'm still glad that I won my h2h last week given the AE and Hess' low score, by only 10 points!! Razz

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:41 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Anyone think it's a good idea to trade out Hess for CNH and Brailey for McInnes? Still leaves me with 414k in the bank

CHN is talented but I can't see a long term for him. Cartwright and JFH back this week or next will dislodge his starting. Unless Merrin moves to Prop and Carty plays lock I can't really see him starting when they're back
    KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi, its my first year playing Fantasy.

I'm just trying to avoid doing my nightshift rounds around the plant in my undies if i lose my work comp, and would really appreciate some advice about some weaknesses in my team that i perceive.

This lot got 740 on the Rnd 5 just gone, which was my best result by far.

Macca Brailey
    JBrom FKaufisi FPritchard CGubb
    JTLolo Mannering FWinterstein CHN RFaitala-Mariner Akaulo
    Cronk Keary Hingano Elgey
    DWalker Fusitua Idris Whare
    RTS Suli Kahu Ponga Cornish

My main philosophy so far has been that if you are at the bottom of Mr Milchcows list for your position, you're on your bike. Maximum trades because i recruited stupidly pre-season.

Fusitua and Faitala-Mariner concern me most this week, your combined thoughts?

many thanx in advance, Adam.

Last edited by KiwiOilBoiler on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Anyone think it's a good idea to trade out Hess for CNH and Brailey for McInnes? Still leaves me with 414k in the bank

Depends, are you going to be upset if Hess scores a try and pumps out another 50+ score
    a) why are you keen to trade him out now?
    b) is it because of the score of 20
    c) do you think that's what we will score every week?
    d) will you be happy with CNH as a red dot or wait until more injuries occur to get game time?

Brailey -> McInnes
    a) Do you see Brailey having peaked?
    b) is McInnes in your final 17? If he's not then are you happy burning two trades to get the combo you want?
    c) Does McInnes play the byes you need cover for?

Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

849 after updates!

Hopefully scores like this are more the norm again, as players like Vaughan, Norman, JDB, Faufusi and Lamb still had more to give.

Jarryd Hayne back soon too, and he will round out the WFB well, probably bring Jromwich in soon too.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Maybe wait until team lists are out. Hopefully CHN will be named to start again but carty might be back.. As a CHN owner myself, I hope he sits out a few more weeks lol
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Revraiser wrote:

How come anti Brailey owners have felt the need all season to cment like this.

Dont get this, Brailey has done exactly what was wanted and whether it be now or in a few weeks people were always going to jump to one of the top tier hookers or a mid ranger such as Cook. Worked out. Those that started with McInnes suffered elsewhere in the squad but u dont see Brailey owners saying i told u so with his last 2 matches around 50 only.

When your fellow fanatic opens fire...:
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys, I realise that CHN may not have much security but if he gets named this week and plays well then maybe he can hold a bench spot. Not sure how much more cash Hess will make and I think Brailey may have hit his peak. So undecided what to do,I could always just swap Hess to whitehead instead and still have ample cash for the McInnes trade. I guess I feel like I need some cash up my sleeve for the next 2 weeks so I can fix up my CTRS and WFBs
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:54 pm

What do you guys think of
    F. Kafusi to J. Bromwich and
    R. Jacks to M. Frawley (impressive in first game and hope he gets named again)?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Hi, its my first year playing Fantasy.

I'm just trying to avoid doing my nightshift rounds around the plant in my undies if i lose my work comp, and would really appreciate some advice about some weaknesses in my team that i percieve.

Macca Brailey

My main philosophy so far has been that if you are at the bottom of Mr Milchcows list for your position, you're on your bike. Maximum trades because i recruited stupidly pre-season.

Nightshift in your undies Razz

robloomes
    robloomes

Post by robloomes Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:What do you guys think of
    F. Kafusi to J. Bromwich and
    R. Jacks to M. Frawley (impressive in first game and hope he gets named again)?

J.Brom has a BE well above his current price. I don't see trading him in this week anything other than a risk. Should wait until he produces at least 1-2 decent scores, and when he does he won't get a very big price rise, so no skin off your nose to wait.
    The potential of picking him up even cheaper is worth the wait.
    Trade Rage Tragic
    Trade Rage Tragic

Post by Trade Rage Tragic Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm

No Worries wrote:

I not only acknowledged the Lurker but ackwoledged he's a chump. No Sauce  needed for that most of us came from Sportal

Enjoy the click bait

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/the-lurker-ivan-cleary-wests-tigers-coach-nrl-balmain-wests-problems-update-contracts/24p3epyczma014yjj7d6zy14g

No i was building off your response to WL who mentioned the SC addict forum post guy. My Sauce comment was aimed at the original SC forum guy and making light of the Lurkers well known lack of credibility around here.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Hi, its my first year playing Fantasy.

I'm just trying to avoid doing my nightshift rounds around the plant in my undies if i lose my work comp, and would really appreciate some advice about some weaknesses in my team that i percieve.

Macca Brailey

Brailey to Cook if Farah is out for 6 weeks or more
    Work out a way to bring in another solid 2nd rower (by downgrading Gubb, RFM, Elgey, Cornish if you need more money)

Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 pm

robloomes wrote:

J.Brom has a BE well above his current price. I don't see trading him in this week anything other than a risk. Should wait until he produces at least 1-2 decent scores, and when he does he won't get a very big price rise, so no skin off your nose to wait.
    The potential of picking him up even cheaper is worth the wait.

Cheers, was looking at his stats for the last game and would've picked up a decent score if he hadn't conceded 3 penalties and 3 missed tackles. Could have got a score of 49 points.
    I think this game, he has a be of 51 so thought he might start hitting his straps soon.
    Might be better to wait another week.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Ivan Cleary as Tigers coach = 80 minutes from Elijah Taylor

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 am