NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Feline Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Revraiser wrote:At what price would we consider it a gud plan to offload Fkausi, anyone see 321k being exceeded highly in the coming weeks ?  

I want go FKausi to NBrown

I would hold fire on N.Brown as an owner in Round One.

Wait to see what happens when Moeroa is back, although I was looking at his scores recently wishing I hadn't have traded him out. He is much more effective in the opening exchanges at scoring, so it depends if he stays in that role.

PS: I am going on strike for the next party. Brought a Chewbacca friend along to the last one and it sucked big time. Everyone was just sitting around talking about football. She was bored as.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Unrelated to fantasy, but Milch Calf is starting U6 Soccer this year.

I've put my hand up to coach the team for some reason. First training session this afternoon. And I'd say it took less than a minute for them to destroy any images I had of running a well drilled tika-taka football machine.

New goal for next week is to get one of them to pay attention for more than 6 seconds.

Haha.... The only thing they chase is the ball.... If they're not distracted by whatever happens on the sideline...

My soccer comp kicked off on Saturday... I managed to survive... 1-all draw.
    I made a few tackles, a couple TBs, and a LB (not bad for a Centre-back)
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Just focusing on the fantasy points were you chewie?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

White Lightning wrote:Welcome back KFP. This forum has been far too polite & civil since you've been on holiday. Good to see you slinging insults straight away.

Thanks WL however I was not insulting Spectre, rather I was just speaking the truth. His props in Ultimate are Fifita (underperforming), Napa (injured), Gurgess (dropped/injured/suspended .. whatever) and Korbin Sims (shit) and he doesn't have any dual status players to shift into his front row. If he doesn't pick up a quality prop and fast he will be on a one way ticket to relegation. I offered him JWH or Klemmer and he turned both down. Not sure what he is averaging in Fantasy but in Ultimate League JWH is averaging 43+ and with Napa out for 6?+ weeks I can see that continuing!

Last edited by Bren on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

pm888 wrote:@Revraiser maybe harris will force our hand when he comes back. 3 or 4 weeks away

Yea true, just go to suss BE variables then. FKaus to NBrown and maybe Cooks from Brails. Only monday hey
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Archer wrote:
    Hope it wasn't raining mate, you'll have a trouble keeping 1 or 2 from trying to spend the whole session playing in a puddle otherwise. Out of curiosity, why Soccer?

Soccer because its pretty much the easiest sport for a 5 year old.

Too young for netball, and although she could probably play some league or touch it would be an uphill battle. She at least shows some interest in soccer (although she already tells me she doesn't really want to play, i'm going to make her stick it out at least one year because even forgetting the physical benefits, she needs to learn teamwork and social skills and this is the best opportunity)

Welshy, can you remember what your first ever training session was like? I thought I had somewhat realistic expectations but it just blew me away from the start how hard it is to keep their attention. 2 of them in particular just had no interest in doing anything but running off and doing their own little thing. Trying to keep them under control was a full time job and meant I ended up neglecting pretty much any plans I had on actually trying to impart any useful knowledge . Still, by the end of the session they'd started playing something resembling an actual game of soccer, and I'll make sure I am better prepared for next week.
    Got zero sympathy from Mrs Cow who is a teacher herself.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

@ Milchy. Just give them empty promises of going to McDonalds & that should catch their attention immediately.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:30 pm

I'd love to coach a kids league side 

Could be my ticket to coaching in the nrl
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Feline wrote:

I would hold fire on N.Brown as an owner in Round One.

Wait to see what happens when Moeroa is back, although I was looking at his scores recently wishing I hadn't have traded him out. He is much more effective in the opening exchanges at scoring, so it depends if he stays in that role.

PS: I am going on strike for the next party. Brought a Chewbacca friend along to the last one and it sucked big time. Everyone was just sitting around talking about football. She was bored as.

Yea by all means, to do it this round is risky, But could be a high reward returner. Mull it up for a while
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Chewie wrote:

Haha.... The only thing they chase is the ball.... If they're not distracted by whatever happens on the sideline...

My soccer comp kicked off on Saturday... I managed to survive... 1-all draw.
    I made a few tackles, a couple TBs, and a LB (not bad for a Centre-back)

We won't mention my personal soccer results.

Was my first game back after an 18 month injury layoff and our team was promoted to div 1 after last year where the quality of opposition is tough, ended up playing 2 games on the weekend because our All Age squad was short so filled in for them on Sunday.
    Lets just say that the scoreline in both games made the Tigers look competitive.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Let me tell you this now Milch!

Coaching kids is the best thing you will ever do apart from fathering one!

I coach my boy U7's rugby, first year of proper fixtures this year and we are 3 games away from an unbeaten season, been doing it for 3 years with nigh on the same bunch of boys! Absolutely love it tough for the kids to understand so many rules in comparison to football/soccer
    6 tags, don't run into tough, pass the ball backwards, don't drop it, don't dive over the line, don't punch that boy, punch that boy back if he hit you first

Didn't know that was an official rule in U7s!

Having coached U10s soccer would say it's in some ways harder than rugby, because while some kids love physical contact there are absolutely none, zero, who love passing the ball. By that time you're coaching concepts of space rather than the physical stuff and trying to get rid of the follow the ball mentality they learnt when they were younger. Pass, move, position for intercept/block are the key skills of soccer way ahead of dribble/shoot/tackle. Good luck getting U6s to do anything but the latter.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Unrelated to fantasy, but Milch Calf is starting U6 Soccer this year.

I've put my hand up to coach the team for some reason. First training session this afternoon. And I'd say it took less than a minute for them to destroy any images I had of running a well drilled tika-taka football machine.

New goal for next week is to get one of them to pay attention for more than 6 seconds.

yep - under 6 football is essentially a 20+ legged crab shuffling around the pitch in the vicinity of the ball and a couple of disinterested kids picking dandelions/looking at clouds/hanging from the goalposts.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:39 pm

I played soccer up to the age of about 13-14 & loved it but then I went to play league for years. When I stopped playing league when I was about 40 because the body just couldn't handle it anymore. I then played soccer for a local team in a 35 year+ league for 3-4 years & had a great time. Soccer was my first love & it's excellent for kids because it's non contact, has simple rules & it's all about just having heaps of fun.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:44 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:
    yep - under 6 football is essentially a 20+ legged crab shuffling around the pitch in the vicinity of the ball and a couple of disinterested kids picking dandelions/looking at clouds/hanging from the goalposts.

Playing the practise game at the end of training - one team thought it would be a good idea to have 3 "goalkeepers" (theoretically no keepers in U6) and just stood there letting the otehr team do what they want. Which if we were lucky involved enough coordination to get the ball moving in the direction of the goal.
    There has been some pre-season skills training run by a 3rd party, but due to all the rain last month, all but 1 or 2 of them have never played a game of soccer before. And there is a big difference between knowing what the goal is and actually putting any skills into action to try and achieve that. First game this weekend could be very interesting. Hopefully we come up against some people equally inexperienced.

My nephew played his first ever game last Saturday. He's been doing Soccajoeys since he was 2 or 3, and has just about the biggest kick I've ever seen on a 5 year old. Scored 10 goals in his teams 15-1 win. My goal for this weekend is not be on the wrong end of a scoreline like that.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Soccer because its pretty much the easiest sport for a 5 year old.

Too young for netball, and although she could probably play some league or touch it would be an uphill battle. She at least shows some interest in soccer (although she already tells me she doesn't really want to play, i'm going to make her stick it out at least one year because even forgetting the physical benefits, she needs to learn teamwork and social skills and this is the best opportunity)

Welshy, can you remember what your first ever training session was like? I thought I had somewhat realistic expectations but it just blew me away from the start how hard it is to keep their attention. 2 of them in particular just had no interest in doing anything but running off and doing their own little thing. Trying to keep them under control was a full time job and meant I ended up neglecting pretty much any plans I had on actually trying to impart any useful knowledge . Still, by the end of the session they'd started playing something resembling an actual game of soccer, and I'll make sure I am better prepared for next week.
    Got zero sympathy from Mrs Cow who is a teacher herself.
    When I first started they were probably a tad younger than your daughter now mate (thought you had a boy so the union/league suggestion was probably wrong) although girls are usually better at tag because they are faster and listen more

was more about fun games with elements of rugby technique involved more-so than fully blown rugby coaching

how many kids do you coach, the more coaches/helpers the better much easier to control small groups, in large groups if one kid starts messing around they all start and it turns into a effort of herding small animals back to the pen.

plenty of different mini games to keep their interest up mate, don't start playing football matches until they get the general grasp of passing, and dribbling
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Meanwhile... McCullough owners, look away now http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/brisbane-send-sos-to-kodi-nikorima-as-they-look-to-find-their-attacking-spark/news-story/f6d1916142c0d40757f59ba5e98b960c

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Dugan only missing two games, so the Mann/Dufty idea is gone out the window

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Des Hasler re-signed with the Bulldogs.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Welshy wrote:
    When I first started they were probably a tad younger than your daughter now mate (thought you had a boy so the union/league suggestion was probably wrong) although girls are usually better at tag because they are faster and listen more

was more about fun games with elements of rugby technique involved more-so than fully blown rugby coaching

how many kids do you coach, the more coaches/helpers the better much easier to control small groups, in large groups if one kid starts messing around they all start and it turns into a effort of herding small animals back to the pen.

plenty of different mini games to keep their interest up mate, don't start playing football matches until they get the general grasp of passing, and dribbling

11 kids in my team (weekend games they play 2 simultaneous games of 4-a-side)
    They have a 3rd party company that oversees the session. So they come up with the general lesson plan, and there are a couple of their coaches to help out. 4-5 teams train at the same time so I get the kids most of the time and every so often one of them might come in to lend a hand.

The FFA here has instituted a national curriculum so in theory all U6-U8 kids should have pretty similar training no matter what club. First couple years are all about skill acquisition and nothing tactical beyond what is necessary for the game to take place.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:54 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Didn't know that was an official rule in U7s!

Having coached U10s soccer would say it's in some ways harder than rugby, because while some kids love physical contact there are absolutely none, zero, who love passing the ball. By that time you're coaching concepts of space rather than the physical stuff and trying to get rid of the follow the ball mentality they learnt when they were younger. Pass, move, position for intercept/block are the key skills of soccer way ahead of dribble/shoot/tackle. Good luck getting U6s to do anything but the latter.
    which rule mate? tag rugby is littered with rules, it's amazing the difference in the amount of rules between rugby and soccer at that age

You are correct about the passing though in soccer, at this age physical development rules all, faster kids with decent ball control dominate but they never pass, the kids who look to pass now will take over in the years they catch up/the more physically developed kids level out

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm