NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Fanatic - New Fantasy Video every Wednesday with Analytical Breakdown!

SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

NRL Fantasy Fanatic - New Fantasy Video every Wednesday with Analytical Breakdown! - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Fanatic - New Fantasy Video every Wednesday with Analytical Breakdown!

Post by SpotTheOzzie Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks Rev Mate Very Happy Love how everyone in this community has been really supportive too! Very Happy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy Fanatic - New Fantasy Video every Wednesday with Analytical Breakdown! - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Fanatic - New Fantasy Video every Wednesday with Analytical Breakdown!

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:05 am

Just throwing it out there, but I am not supportive of these videos.

Please see previous posts discussing why Sauce in the fridge is bad and you should feel bad.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 am

Random wrote:Just throwing it out there, but I am not supportive of these videos.

Please see previous posts discussing why Sauce in the fridge is bad and you should feel bad.

Rolling Laugh

Current poll statistics = 68% of people keep their sauce in the fridge. You Sir are in the minority :pp:
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 pm

SAUCEGATE!!!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:Thanks for all your fantastic question guys! Here's Round 3 Video Analysis with the content breakdown below Very Happy

NRL Fantasy Round 3 Video Timeline:

Hey STO. I'm very impressed with your vidoes and your NRLF analysis. It's amazing that you can talk at such length and in such depth for so long (about 50 min in the last video), and still engage your audience for the whole video.

Unfortunately, I play only VSDT, so I have to make adjustments in my mind when I watch your videos (e.g. even though there is a fairly high correlation in players' gameg scores in NRLF v VSDT, there are some players who are better in one and worse in the other,  plus the price change formulas are different, as well as the 1-game v  3-game price-change scenario), but your comments, opinions, and insights are still very much worth hearing even for a VSDT-only player like myself.

Out of interest STO, do you play any other NRL fantasy games other than NRLF (e.g. VSDT, SC, etc)?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:Thanks Rev Mate Very Happy Love how everyone in this community has been really supportive too! Very Happy

We are a good bunch
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Simon Templar wrote:
    Hey STO. I'm very impressed with your vidoes and your NRLF analysis. It's amazing that you can talk at such length and in such depth for so long (about 50 min in the last video), and still engage your audience for the whole video.

Unfortunately, I play only VSDT, so I have to make adjustments in my mind when I watch your videos (e.g. even though there is a fairly high correlation in players' gameg scores in NRLF v VSDT, there are some players who are better in one and worse in the other,  plus the price change formulas are different, as well as the 1-game v  3-game price-change scenario), but your comments, opinions, and insights are still very much worth hearing even for a VSDT-only player like myself.

Out of interest STO, do you play any other NRL fantasy games other than NRLF (e.g. VSDT, SC, etc)?

Thanks Simon!

I'm an all or nothing type of guy and for that reason I only play the NRL Fantasy Platform. I was actually considering doing a Fantasy vs SC video soon because you always have people on one side of the fence or the other. I'm in Fantasy for no other reason than I prefer the scoring system over SC which relies on a little bit more luck than skill.

I try to keep my points sharp but short. Like in the recent video I can talk for hours on chasing points but if I give the one-two clear examples where most people have been affected it quickly sinks in and illustrates my train of thought. Otherwise the questions from the guys on this forum in particular have been fantastic. Possibly down the line around round 8-9 onwards I might not be able to push the videos to 50mins but there always seems to be something to talk about in Fantasy if not for a 'theme or lesson of the week'.

Smile Thanks very much for your feedback and I'd love to know why you remain in VSDT over the other 2 Smile
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:40 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:

Thanks Simon!

I'm an all or nothing type of guy and for that reason I only play the NRL Fantasy Platform. I was actually considering doing a Fantasy vs SC video soon because you always have people on one side of the fence or the other. I'm in Fantasy for no other reason than I prefer the scoring system over SC which relies on a little bit more luck than skill.

I try to keep my points sharp but short. Like in the recent video I can talk for hours on chasing points but if I give the one-two clear examples where most people have been affected it quickly sinks in and illustrates my train of thought. Otherwise the questions from the guys on this forum in particular have been fantastic. Possibly down the line around round 8-9 onwards I might not be able to push the videos to 50mins but there always seems to be something to talk about in Fantasy if not for a 'theme or lesson of the week'.

Smile Thanks very much for your feedback and I'd love to know why you remain in VSDT over the other 2 Smile

Good stuff STO. Call me ST mate. Simon isn't my real name.

Have you had much feedback over the length of the videos? They are great, and this is not a criticism, but anything over 30 min is a big time commitment for your followers. I nearly didn't watch the first one becoz it was 29 min, buy it was so good that I made myself watch the next two. I'm just hoping you don't creep over the hour mark in future. Haha.

Regarding why I only play VSDT. Well I started playing Dream Team in 2009 when it was still the NRL.com game. I dabbled with SC a little bit, but, like you, I don't like the SC scoring. In 2014, when NRLF took over as the NRL.com game, I decided to keep playing VSDT but also gave NRLF a try. Well Funhub stuffed up completely, and I washed my hands of it. Gave it a bit of a try again in 2015, but I found that I still preferred VSDT, and now everyone in the private league in which I have been playing since 2009 has moved over to VSDT.

As I said in my previous post, for most players there is a fairly high correlation between players' game scores relative to each other in VSDT v NRLF (with some exceptions), so the different scoring systems are a non-issue for me. I prefer and understand the price change system and formula much better in VSDT compared NRLF by a long way, which is the main reason for me.

Apart from that, I don't have much faith in Fanhub (aka Failhub) as a software developer (having been a programmer/analyst earlier in my career, I'm unimpressed with the poor quality assurance in modern-day software development), so my boycotting of NRLF is a bit of a personal protest on my part. Like you, I prefer to give my full attention to one format, and VSDT is my choice. Others prefer NRLF, or even SC. But that's cool. We are all entitled to our different views and preferences.

/EOR. I think I could make a 60 min video on why I prefer VSDT to NRLF and SC.  Wink Haha!

Keep up the good work mate!  Very Happy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:03 pm

First question of the week.

What are Munster owners to do? Jacks proving himself a solid reserve option so don't necessarily have to replace him with another scoring. Is it worth downgrading him to someone like Stimson to start building a war chest for the likes of Bodene Thompson, Elliot Whitehead, Jesse Bromwich who are bottoming out in price soon? Or are we better off chasing points grabbing a scorer that preferably plays in round 12? What about potentially grabbing Jesse Bromwich a week early despite him still having cash to lose and a high B/E for next week?
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:21 am

Simon Templar wrote:
    Have you had much feedback over the length of the videos? They are great, and this is not a criticism, but anything over 30 min is a big time commitment for your followers. I nearly didn't watch the first one becoz it was 29 min, buy it was so good that I made myself watch the next two. I'm just hoping you don't creep over the hour mark in future. Haha.

/EOR. I think I could make a 60 min video on why I prefer VSDT to NRLF and SC.  Wink Haha!

Keep up the good work mate!  Very Happy

Thanks buddy. No feedback, honestly I don't time myself, I've just talked each time and it's been luck of the draw. The theme of the video isn't known until TLT =]

multiple.scoregasms wrote:First question of the week.

What are Munster owners to do? Jacks proving himself a solid reserve option so don't necessarily have to replace him with another scoring. Is it worth downgrading him to someone like Stimson to start building a war chest for the likes of Bodene Thompson, Elliot Whitehead, Jesse Bromwich who are bottoming out in price soon? Or are we better off chasing points grabbing a scorer that preferably plays in round 12? What about potentially grabbing Jesse Bromwich a week early despite him still having cash to lose and a high B/E for next week?

Good Q Smile Will include it this week chief! Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 pm

This question is along the lines of the one MS has mentioned in his post.

Wait one more week on Whitehead and hope he drops another 10-15k or jump on him this week to get a headstart on the pack?

Cheers
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

dreamers wrote:This question is along the lines of the one MS has mentioned in his post.

Wait one more week on Whitehead and hope he drops another 10-15k or jump on him this week to get a headstart on the pack?

Cheers

Who are you trading him in for (are they loosing much money) and thus how important is the points turn around this week?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 pm

My questions for the week..

What to do about all the low scoring cash cow WFBs and CTRs, particularly if you have 4 x Cheapie CTRs.
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 pm

Great questions again amigos Very Happy Random do you want to post your 4 cheapies with a SS'
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 am

Oh I generally know what I am doing with my shambles of a team. However I know a lot of guys have the likes of Moga, Suli, Kelly, Jennings, Abbey, Burns, Montoya, Roberts-Davis floating throughout their backline and may be confused who to run with this week/what to do with them.

Maybe just quickly touching on the cheapies and if you think people should hold them. How do you rate them all this week in terms of scoring potential. (I missed a few guys like Talakai, Idris, ect.) as they havent been named yet.
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Fair call and good question! Very Happy

Any last minute questions before I record in 2-3 hours Smile Thanks guys!
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Round 4 - Should you buy NRL Fantasy Coach!?

NRL Fantasy Round 4 Video Content
    1:02 Team Overview!
    4:30 SHOULD YOU BUY NRL FANTASY COACH? $$$ Indepth look EVERYTHING Fantasy Coach offers!
    23:05 What to do with Cameron Munster? Ryley Jacks replacement? Possibly Joe Stimson? Or Jesse Bromwich?
    28:35 Elliott Whitehead? Jump on him now or delay? Potential Cash Analysis - Buy low, sell high!
    31:10 Sell Curtis Sironen and Zane MusGrove!?
    34:40 Being creative with your trades! Zane Musgrove (FR) -> Josh Mcguire (2FR) -> Sione mata'utia (Ctr) -> Nick Notric (WFB) for Kalyn Ponga (WFB) !!!?!!!
    36:49 What do with 4 cheapie centres? Tautau Moga, Moses Suli, Nick Cotric, Brian Kelly, Siosifa Talakai
    41:54 371k Which forward to buy!? Why haven’t you spent it! :S Andrew Fifta, Ryan James, Simon Mannering, James Graham, etc
    45:15 Can we catch 1st place?!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Great video STO, had some down time tonight so finally got a chance to check out your video.

Have you found documenting your journey has improved you as a coach ?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Have you found documenting your journey has improved you as a coach ?
    I'd think not. After 4 rounds STO is ranked about 100 above me Very Happy And I'm not convinced about my teams strategy.
    And next year https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t420-trials-and-tribulations-of-an-nrl-fantasy-coach-2017-round-3-results-update could be replaced with what STO is doing with this video stuff. Smile
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Hah'!

Ummm..I dunno, you know it's hard to say! Putting your team out there leaves it a lot more open to scrutiny so you've constantly got people playing devil's advocate. I'd be bound to say it's helped me Smile

All the stats analysis I do/did I would have done regardless of videos or not. Love me fantasy and love me stats! Smile

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am