NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 am

Shanbon wrote:WHo are the Panthers wingers this year? Arent Mansour and DWZ injured?Assuming Moylan at FB Hiku/Whare the centres.

ctrs - Whare, Peachy
    wing - Blake, Hiku?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Shanbon Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:06 am

Welshy wrote:

ctrs - Whare, Peachy
    wing - Blake, Hiku?

That would be a pretty slow backline. Im hoping Peach goes back to the bench Whare/Hiku centres and we get a couple of rookie wingers
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 am

My first draft

Smith King
    Wallace DSaifiti AFB PKaufusi
    Surgess Cordner Kennedy Hess Leuliua Stimpson
    Norman Moses Elgey Hingano
    SMat Idris Wardle Kelly
    Hayne RTS Tedesco Jennings Drew

165k left

Not overly happy with Idris at C2 most likely use some cash on upgrading Wardle. Also 2nd row really depends on Lowe moving inside and Hess starting at 2nd row. Leuliua and Stimpson onterchangable with other 2nd rowers that pop up. I like Kennedy(and is a bit of a worker) to get the start over Siro and Lane but i could be wrong
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:22 am

Time got away from me last night, was still up at 1am trying to get a decent squad together. My wife wasn't very impressed when I hopped into bed lol!

Think its a bit harder this year setting up a team expecially one with good quality reserves.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 am

mango wrote:Time got away from me last night, was still up at 1am trying to get a decent squad together. My wife wasn't very impressed when I hopped into bed  lol!

Think its a bit harder this year setting up a team expecially one with good quality reserves.

Yep i dont think Guns & Rookies will work this year. I think most in the top 100 come seasons end with have had 10 players in that 200-350k middle range that went on to either become guns or make enough cash to be an easy gun upgrade.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:27 am

First Draft on the site. Tried to pick a DPP heavy team for flexibility (saving trades) but it is very limited this year. I think both Josh McGuire and Jarrod Wallace will get the 13 jerseys round 1 so think they warrant selection based on gaining DPP. If Wallace is named lock he will be in most sides.

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Vaughan, Wallace, AFB
    Surgess, Mata'utia, Hess, Lane, Capewell, Stimson
    Johnson, Elgy, Will Smith, Hingano
    Turbo, Idris, C Scott, B Kelly
    Gutherson, RTS, Hayne, R Jennings, Dufty

14K left

Stacked hookers and front rowers (thinking that there is very limited cash cows here)
    Went light in second row as a result hoping to get some value picks here.
    Elgy will have to be in most 17s anyway, Will Smith lowest DPP half/fullback I think could play at some stage (good byes also) and is interchangeable with Gutherson.
    Like Turbo and think he will be top 2 centre this year, also is DPP
    Gutherson is a gut pick, think he is in for a really big year despite Norman taking all the kicking. Can move to cover halves also.

Very limited DPP movement between FRF and 2RF this year and also other than MCK cheap DPP 2RF/CTRs are hard to come by.

EDIT: I actually really like this team, 1 gun in each position, sufficient DPP, enough money making potential even if they aren't all named to start, enough round 12 players to only start planning round 7/8.
    Only real problem is the second row. Halves are weak but can use Gutherson, and also expecting Nona/Field to get a run at some stage and some injuries will happen.

Last edited by Warriors on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 am

Shanbon wrote:
    mango wrote:Time got away from me last night, was still up at 1am trying to get a decent squad together. My wife wasn't very impressed when I hopped into bed  lol!

Yep i dont think Guns & Rookies will work this year. I think most in the top 100 come seasons end with have had 10 players in that 200-350k middle range that went on to either become guns or make enough cash to be an easy gun upgrade.

Do you support this statement Milchcow? I always try and go mid-tier players looking to make the jump and it pays off with some of them some of the time. I.e. Whitehead last season, then I get guys like Sue, Ah Mau and such who have no improvement and I always feel like I am making up ground. This year I want to try having more guns in the side, at the cost of a balanced looking team.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 am

Random wrote:

Do you support this statement Milchcow?

WAAAYY too risky having 10 mid rangers! Lunacy you would have to nail everyone of them to have a chance I think mate
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 am

Welshy wrote:

ctrs - Whare, Peachy
    wing - Blake, Hiku?

Think Hiku may not be right for round 1. Whare a month ahead of Hiku. But pretty sure DWZ will be fit. The other three I think are as named. Dylan Edwards would probably be next cab off the rank until Hiku is fully fit and the Mansour will return mid season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:39 am

Warriors wrote:

Think Hiku may not be right for round 1. Whare a month ahead of Hiku. But pretty sure DWZ will be fit. The other three I think are as named. Dylan Edwards would probably be next cab off the rank until Hiku is fully fit and the Mansour will return mid season.

Didn't realise Hiku was injured mate, my thinking was the Panthers putting the best available backline out if DWZ didn't make the seasons start
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:40 am

Anyone know how to access the Team Planner on Open Office?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:46 am

Guns + rookies

I think that if you went through last year's threads, you'd find that early on, teams would have a lot of mid rangers. As kick-off got closer the average team would move away from them and head into the guns and rookies format. I expect something similar this year.

Right now we are making teams with very little information about team make up. There's a lot of guess work around starting lineups for a lot of teams.
    As that information becomes clearer (and as people start getting injured in trials) potential rookies will appear. People will start risking rookies in their 17 and having an El cheapo NPR list.

Mid rangers are tempting, but most of them will flop. You really need to get the right ones to be successful.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:50 am

Warriors wrote:First Draft on the site. Tried to pick a DPP heavy team for flexibility (saving trades) but it is very limited this year. I think both Josh McGuire and Jarrod Wallace will get the 13 jerseys round 1 so think they warrant selection based on gaining DPP. If Wallace is named lock he will be in most sides.

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Vaughan, Wallace, AFB
    Surgess, Mata'utia, Hess, Lane, Capewell, Stimson
    Johnson, Elgy, Will Smith, Hingano
    Turbo, Idris, C Scott, B Kelly
    Gutherson, RTS, Hayne, R Jennings, Dufty

14K left

Stacked hookers and front rowers (thinking that there is very limited cash cows here)
    Went light in second row as a result hoping to get some value picks here.
    Elgy will have to be in most 17s anyway, Will Smith lowest DPP half/fullback I think could play at some stage (good byes also) and is interchangeable with Gutherson.
    Like Turbo and think he will be top 2 centre this year, also is DPP
    Gutherson is a gut pick, think he is in for a really big year despite Norman taking all the kicking. Can move to cover halves also.

Very limited DPP movement between FRF and 2RF this year and also other than MCK cheap DPP 2RF/CTRs are hard to come by.

Nice team mate, very close to what I initially had last night although its chopped and changed since.

I also had McInnes but changed to Ballin to save cash but now have Macca as it will be hard to upgrade from Ballin if he doesn't work out.

I'm trying to find a way to fit Tturbo into my team as well but its hard without compromising other areas, I think he'll be on fire this year.  My centres are Idris and S Mat for now.

I also like Gutherson, I think he will be pretty consistent and he will be their goal kicker too.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 am

Barba is GONE. has signed a 2+ year deal with Toulon. see ya
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 am

gun cow Trophy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 am

So which Newcastle half does everyone want?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:06 am

FebruaryChamp wrote:Anyone know how to access the Team Planner on Open Office?
    This!

I haven't been able to use the Team Planner at all since I only have Open Office and not Excel.

@Milchcow, any way around this one lad?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 am

Bren wrote:
    This!

I haven't been able to use the Team Planner at all since I only have Open Office and not Excel.

@Milchcow, any way around this one lad?

Will have a play tonight and see what can be done

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:09 am

Krump wrote:So which Newcastle half does everyone want?
    Hodkinson at the Broncos in 2017.

That's what you meant right? Razz
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 am

Krump wrote:So which Newcastle half does everyone want?

both are viable potential money making mid rangers

whoever gets the bulk km should be the main benefactor, probably Lamb

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:31 pm