NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Feline Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am

Opening day team list.

Lots of cash cows in the front row. So no guns there. Stack the 2nd row instead and have two good hooking options. I think King will not be as good as the all round price gains in the front row, nor the options at the sharks. So here is the team. Thoughts? I am fairly happy with this team

Strong Bench of McCullough, Taylor, Hess and Kaufusi or Hingano

HOK --- McInnes / McCullough
    FRF --- J Wallace / Fonua Blake / F Kaufusi / S Hoare
    2RF --- S Burgess / B Thompson / Buhrer / E Taylor / Hess / Stimson
    HLF --- Norman / Lamb / Hingano / Nona or J Field
    CTR --- S Mata'uita / Idris / Kelly / Scott
    WFB --- Gutherson / Tuivasa Sheck / Hayne / R Jennings / Phythian

DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by DarkKnight Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:45 am

Only a couple of hours of being open but probably the latest I have signed in to my account for a new season, hope I don't tie for first. Will be good to be able to the join an official league and the unlimited group this year after missing last year due to being overseas. Cost me the chance to defend my 2016 SUG win but with a rank of 136th would not have anyway. Who took it out in the end? Prizes are terrible again I see. They can't even do a weekly prize like the good old days of $1000 and a $50,000 car for the season winner.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:51 am

DarkKnight wrote:Only a couple of hours of being open but probably the latest I have signed in to my account for a new season, hope I don't tie for first. Will be good to be able to the join an official league and the unlimited group this year after missing last year due to being overseas. Cost me the chance to defend my 2016 SUG win but with a rank of 136th would not have anyway. Who took it out in the end? Prizes are terrible again I see. They can't even do a weekly prize like the good old days of $1000 and a $50,000 car for the season winner.

Yeah prizes are rubbish.

The Thursday matchdays are their 'weekly prizes'
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:17 am

@rhinoceroo took out the SUG-finished 26th Overall I think?
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 am

Spectre wrote:

Yeah prizes are rubbish.

The Thursday matchdays are their 'weekly prizes'

Was the Thur match day a cash prize last year? I see it is now an NRL live pass for the top 10. Worthless if you have pay tv. I wont even bother entering that this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 am

Random wrote:@SI

It is a good thing you are handsome.........

You are correct, I am a handsome man!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 am

Feline wrote:Opening day team list.

Lots of cash cows in the front row. So no guns there. Stack the 2nd row instead and have two good hooking options. I think King will not be as good as the all round price gains in the front row, nor the options at the sharks. So here is the team. Thoughts? I am fairly happy with this team

Strong Bench of McCullough, Taylor, Hess and Kaufusi or Hingano

HOK --- McInnes / McCullough
    FRF --- J Wallace / Fonua Blake / F Kaufusi / S Hoare
    2RF --- S Burgess / B Thompson / Buhrer / E Taylor / Hess / Stimson
    HLF --- Norman / Lamb / Hingano / Nona or J Field
    CTR --- S Mata'uita / Idris / Kelly / Scott
    WFB --- Gutherson / Tuivasa Sheck / Hayne / R Jennings / Phythian

HOK: Is McCullough an 80 minute player? He did it a lot after the midway point last season. But if McGuire plays Lock for 80 minutes (Unlike Parker was) would that mean Nikorima continues to pick up those minutes. Although he could be a good pick as the last 11 games he played the 80 minutes and averaged 51 points a game. Which is 6 more points than he is priced at. So just wondering how you see McGuires move/Nikorimas impact going to be this year. Otherwise if you think he pushes back to the gun status he can be. He is definitely underpriced. Also what do you do if a bench HOK is named with McInnes?

FRF:
    I know everyone is expecting big things from Fonua-Blake. Lussicks injury helps but they still have Lawrence, Myles, Trbojevic and potentially Taupau to help take up minutes in the Front Row. Though if he gets 40-50 minutes he is golden. It just worries me, you are right there if cash to be made here but you are running a risk, if 3 god forbid all 4 of these guys don't get enough of a time bump to improve their scores. Hell even if they get a minor one it may not be enough for them to earn cash fast enough for them to be upgraded. Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints and quick minutes. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints he is likely to struggle to hit a 30 point average. Which means yeah he will make you money, it will just take him half the year to make it without tries. Hoare I will add in the next part.

2RF:
    Picking up Hess is off. The way I see it one of Hess or Hoare are capable of benefiting from minutes this year but with Cooper, Taumalolo, Lowe locking down the second row and Scott and Bolton looking to start there are only so many minutes going to be left for the bench guys and you don't really want to spread your cash around to hedge your bets on which one it will be. If they were both at Rookie prices then yeah sure try it. However between them you are spending $418k between them. I think you should back the cheaper horse in the race, run with Hoare and look for another cheapie. The extra cash can be spent elsewhere. Because you could be spending $267k on a guy who isn't making very much. He is at the moment your 3rd/4th reserve and if a couple of rookies or other guys step up he could be sitting outside your 17 by Round 3 as a fair size of cash. That you don't want to trade because he isn't losing money. Really consider looking for another cheapie/mid tier guy. Stimson doubtful he gets a run but he is a rookie who can be replaced by any other rookie named at the start of the year.

HLF:
    Lamb is iffy to be betting on. Hodkinson by all accounts had an incredibly poor season last year. Although he does seem to like to kick. Mullen could also end up back in the team so may want to have a back up option in case. Not interested in Elgey. (Not that it is bad, just thoughts why.)

CTR:
    You have stacked Guns in the Second Row. I get that, but you have gone light in the FRF to make cash. You could also apply the same logic to your CTR's while S. Mata'Utia could become a keeper in the CTR position it looks like a better option to start him in the 2RF and look at guys like Hurrell, Whare, Lafai, Chambers and hell even Gagai potentially. This isn't a must do move, but it could be a way of replacing Hess and downgrading him to someone else who can make some cash.

WFB:
    Gutherson has potential to be a great option this year. It is just not yet decided as to how much Norman will impact on his scores. Now the lack of KM shouldn't be too much of an issue as he scored well without them. The only issue is if he can remain as consistent with his attacking stats to keep him scoring well. Although he does do some defending averaging around 20 tackles when playing Five-Eight. So that will definitely help out. The only other thing is the noticeable omission of Valentine Holmes who if named at FB round 1 over Bird will be in most teams.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:32 am

SI wrote:@rhinoceroo took out the SUG-finished 26th Overall I think?

You are correct. Rhinoceroo took out the Overall Group. The OG's if you will.

(I will make it catch on someday.)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 am

Any chance JDB or Surgess get added FRF dual 2RF before the season starts?

Would allow me to move one of them in the FR and bring in Milne/Chambers who i think will go very well this year
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:57 am

Welshy wrote:Any chance JDB or Surgess get added FRF dual 2RF before the season starts?

Would allow me to move one of them in the FR and bring in Milne/Chambers who i think will go very well this year

Would think it unlikely. TBF JDB didn't play prop at all last season and Surgess hasn't lined up there for probably three years.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:58 am

I am heading off to bed, so with that...

cow Who do you think will be the 3 best Rookies (Players priced at $138k) this year and why? milchcow
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:06 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Would think it unlikely. TBF JDB didn't play prop at all last season and Surgess hasn't lined up there for probably three years.

Didn't think so, just being selfish trying to create a better fantasy team for myself
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:31 am

thoughts on my 1st draft

farah ballin
    JWH AFB klemmer nuffie
    JDB surgess merrin E.T lane knight
    cartwright taylor elgey hingano
    idris whare kelly scott
    hayne RTS slater uate pythian
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 am

I posted yesterday that Barba had signed with Toulon for the rest of their season. NRL has now advised that Barba's
    12-match ban will not begin until he has completed any overseas sporting commitments.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 am

The second hooker spot is hard to decide before team lists. Currently looking at McInnes, Hodgson, Peats, McCullough to see which looks like getting big minutes. If they all have a bench hooker week 1 I will probably run with McCullough
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:00 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:The second hooker spot is hard to decide before team lists. Currently looking at McInnes, Hodgson, Peats, McCullough to see which looks like getting big minutes. If they all have a bench hooker week 1 I will probably run with McCullough
    have based my teams around using Mcinnes as second hooker, think he has the most potential of the lot behind Smith, plus minus J Friend he is the most expensive so an easy drop to anyone else. I also like Macca as the secondary option, only way is up after his scores last year
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:03 am

The Fantasy Force Awakens - FFSMTA9A

-this advertisement was brought to you by Wookiee Force -
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 am

Spectre wrote:Trying to figure out how to post a .gif sucks

don't ask me Razz
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:I posted yesterday that Barba had signed with Toulon for the rest of their season. NRL has now advised that Barba's
    12-match ban will not begin until he has completed any overseas sporting commitments.

I may well be behind the 8-ball on this although I havent seen anything posted here.

I've heard anecdotally that Barba has not just signed a short contract with Toulon (as was originally reported), in fact he has signed a million dollar a year contract for 2.5 yrs.

All bodes well for Holmes fantasy prospects this year.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:42 am

WHo are the Panthers wingers this year? Arent Mansour and DWZ injured?Assuming Moylan at FB Hiku/Whare the centres.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 am